Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Oyo State Goverment And Its Beautification Of Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Goverment And Its Beautification Of Ibadan (1295 Views)

Beautification Of Goodluck Jonathan / Beautification Of Enerhen Junction By Gov.dr. E.E Uduaghan,con / Beautification Of Lagos: Pains & Losses Of Petty Traders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Goverment And Its Beautification Of Ibadan by lavender13: 7:19am On Dec 02, 2012
I Was On the streets Of IbAdAn yesterday,dugbe J Allen Area to be presise....I can't but say its a Whole lOt diffrent And beAutiful indeed....All clear And pleAsing to the eyes..Our governor is doing a great job!! BUT then the mAsses should Also be cared for...not just the enviroment.adequate provision shOuld be made for these people that where sent packing frOm the road side...it felt sO sad to see old men and women cArrying theirr goods in a sack...sitting in the sun to see if they ild sell Anything. Some where running around sO their goods don't get siezed....thIs is totAlly unfAir...we shOuld bear to mind that moSt Of these people can't survive Or eAt,If they are unable tO sell their gOods.
I SAw the van Of gOverment Officials with seized gOods...even a whOle tray of pepper....if this gOverment is fOr the peOpLe,It should take care of them....build more markets, renOvate Old Ones...AlesinLOye market hAs more than 200 shops LOcked up...Open up the place,renOvAte And let it out to them at cheap prices.....this is whAt A cAring gOverment does.
If the goverment doesn't wAnt commercial cars parking On the rOad side then build bustops....Look at iWO rOad...the place Wired up cOuld be bustops...yOu chase them off the roAd And mAke nO provision? That's Wickedness....let our goverment be sensitive to our needs...I hope and prAy they see reasOns to do this...Long Live OyO state...LOng Live IbadAn....God bless Our Governor...kO NI BAJE O
Re: Oyo State Goverment And Its Beautification Of Ibadan by edoyad(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2012
Do you remember the origins of the Arab Spring? Can you recall what made that young man set himself ablaze? These so called executives should keep pushing their luck.

Everybody wants development but it should be an all round affair. Develop the people and the environment they live in would develop naturally too. The beauty of China and UAE came about as a result of booming economies.

What I'm saying is, beautiful environments can't cause economic growth, but good economies result in nice environments.
Re: Oyo State Goverment And Its Beautification Of Ibadan by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2012
edoyad: Do you remember the origins of the Arab Spring? Can you recall what made that young man set himself ablaze? These so called executives should keep pushing their luck.

Everybody wants development but it should be an all round affair. Develop the people and the environment they live in would develop naturally too. The beauty of China and UAE came about as a result of booming economies.

What I'm saying is, beautiful environments can't cause economic growth, but good economies result in nice environments.

I think somethings are necessary. Having a clean environment will prevent many diseases etc. Devloping the people is a loooog term commitment that may not be noticed until after a decade but the developing the environment is short term commitment which can be achieved in a short time span.
Re: Oyo State Goverment And Its Beautification Of Ibadan by edoyad(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2012
0lumide:

I think somethings are necessary. Having a clean environment will prevent many diseases etc. Devloping the people is a loooog term commitment that may not be noticed until after a decade but the developing the environment is short term commitment which can be achieved in a short time span.

Let's not mix up the issues, cleaning up the environment differs from beautifying it. Just because somewhere is pleasing to the eye doesn't make it clean, and vice versa.
But when you use force to chase out people who you cannot provide with jobs, electricity, water and good roads, from their only source of livelihood, I think you're tempting fate

(1) (Reply)

£365,000 Detached House Of Nigerian Terrorist's Father , Raided And Sealed Off / Abacha, Jonathan: What's The Difference? / Why Did 7 Governors Of Eastern Nigeria Voted Against Amachi, Only 1 Voted For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.