Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? (2389 Views)

Advise Please: Did She Just Use Me To Get Over Her Heart Break?? / Afraid Of Anoda Heart Break Pls Help / What Do I Do To Stop This Heart Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by cheeryangy(f): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2012
This is the first time ever I'll experience this kind of feeling. I and my boyfriend had a mutual breakup two weeks ago. Although its something I feel is right, I even orchestrated it... He is dis very handsome guy dt has loads n loads of girls around. I know he loves n cares about me bt not to the extent that he'l go through hoops for me. Everytin he does with me has a limit.
When we just startd dating, he was really crazy bout me my pictures were always his DP, later he stopped n startd puttin anoda girls picture there. I told me he once had a crush on d girl so he did dat majorly wen we had quarels cos he knew how dt wld make me feel. So I just had to step back, I had someone else that loved and still loves me so... I started acting like I didn't care, den he suggested we breakup and I said fine.
But now I just can't seem to stop crying,my hearts so heavy I feel I can never be happy again. I want to call him, but I know it won't help matters. Please guys just tell me what you think myt help. I don't want to get depression cos of a guy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2012
I dont think it was your fault since he would put up another girl's pic when you have a quarrel, then that means he valued you less. You seem to think that it is your fault and what is happening to you now is just emotional and psychological effects, but logically, it aint your fault.

Anyway, this what happens when a guy give a girl the "I dont attitude" and I doubt you will feel this way if a guy had been very faithful to... just saying my personal experience lady. Some how most ladies kill themselves over a guy that does not regard them as anything.

Lemme not deviate since you asked for help. Truly, it isn't your fault. If he loves you, he wouldnt even ask for a break up. I would say move on and possibly give the other guy a chance.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by abuchilag: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2012
Sweetie....don't cry over that....though its painful and discouraging but I can assure u,it is a lot better now than when u are married. If he is surely urs,he would not have reason whatsoever to put another girl's pix as his DP. Don't worry, he will come back to u if he is urs.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by pendusky(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2012
cheeryangy: This is the first time ever I'll experience this kind of feeling. I and my boyfriend had a mutual breakup two weeks ago. Although its something I feel is right, I even orchestrated it... He is dis very handsome guy dt has loads n loads of girls around. I know he loves n cares about me bt not to the extent that he'l go through hoops for me. Everytin he does with me has a limit.
When we just startd dating, he was really crazy bout me my pictures were always his DP, later he stopped n startd puttin anoda girls picture there. I told me he once had a crush on d girl so he did dat majorly wen we had quarels cos he knew how dt wld make me feel. So I just had to step back, I had someone else that loved and still loves me so... I started acting like I didn't care, den he suggested we breakup and I said fine.
But now I just can't seem to stop crying,my hearts so heavy I feel I can never be happy again. I want to call him, but I know it won't help matters. Please guys just tell me what you think myt help. I don't want to get depression cos of a guy
No comment!
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by luvmijeje(f): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2012
Op time heals,with time u get over d heartbreak.
By d way u deserve better.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by cheeryangy(f): 9:06am On Dec 02, 2012
Thank u. I wish I just could. I lost my virginity to him like a month back, so maybe that's adding to my reluctance to let him go totally.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 9:11am On Dec 02, 2012
cheeryangy: Thank u. I wish I just could. I lost my virginity to him like a month back, so maybe that's adding to my reluctance to let him go totally.
hmmmm...Now that is it! So sorry. You gave it to the wrong guy lady.. FACT and it may haunt you for long. sorry.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Abujafood: 9:44am On Dec 02, 2012
Op take this advise from me, find new hobbies, start ur search for a replacement and finally don't look back or yuo'll continue second guessing and hurting yourself! I know easier said than done but time heals, just make a resolve to move on and stick to it.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by IZUKWU(m): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2012
cheeryangy: Thank u. I wish I just could. I lost my virginity to him like a month back, so maybe that's adding to my reluctance to let him go totally.
well if that was what he wanted all these while then,he has gotten it and off he went ,you don't need to kill yourself. Allow time to heal you,if he wants more than that ,he will come back. Meanwhile get busy with life . 1. He started with putting another girl as his dp,knowing fully well that you will see it 2. He asked for the break up .really he wants out of the r/ship . Free him,don't cling and drag it out,it might get messy. Allow this clean cut.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2012
IZUKWU: well if that was what he wanted all these while then,he has gotten it and off he went ,you don't need to kill yourself. Allow time to heal you,if he wants more than that ,he will come back. Meanwhile get busy with life . 1. He started with putting another girl as his dp,knowing fully well that you will see it 2. He asked for the break up .really he wants out of the r/ship . Free him,don't cling and drag it out,it might get messy. Allow this clean cut.
Op, that is the same thing which I just told you. MOVE ON. Give your V card to wrong will hurt you but it wont kill you. so please move. IZUKWU has said it and the best way to get over it is to get busy... very busy.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by wiznley: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2012
Find out the qualities that attracted him to you initially.i mean your old self he felt in love with and how you fulfilled his emotional needs then.How have you changed? Correct bad habits and mistakes, if any. then make yourself a bit busy by attending something like class,gym , watching football matches etc.And possibly wearing different clothes than you normally would. Am sure this will rekindle the love he had [color=#000099][/color]for you.
for more info check http://www.facebook.com/ilovemyboyfriendalot
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Beync(f): 10:39am On Dec 02, 2012
The boy must a real player
don't waste ur time with such person
even thou it hurts now, u'll be doing ur self a favor
by letting him go, put everything behind and move on
with time u'll be ok dearie. but dont rush into another one just to find succor
u might not be doing it with clear eyes wait till u get back on ur feet,the right one
will sure come your way
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by wiznley: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2012
Find out the qualities that attracted him to you initially.i mean your old self he felt in love with and how you fulfilled his emotional needs then.How have you changed? Correct bad habits and mistakes, if any. then make yourself a bit busy by attending something like class,gym , watching football matches etc.And possibly wearing different clothes than you normally would. Am sure this will rekindle the love he had [/color]for you.
for more info check http://www.facebook.com/ilovemyboyfriendalot[color=#770077]
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2012
My dear, pls get busy, but if you feel like calling him, then call him and ask how he is doing. Nothing wrong calling him, cry all you want, call him, get busy, have an open heart ..everything will fall in place. All the best
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Beync(f): 10:53am On Dec 02, 2012
Don't even call him jor
what ever would make you forget about him quickly do it
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2012
Don't call him but I know you will.

You ladies are often attracted to guys with traits of this kind. I dont blame you though, it's probably how you are wired.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 02, 2012
Beync: Don't even call him jor
what ever would make you forget about him quickly do it

We all know she will still call him....OP, I know you will call him, stop deceiving yourself cheesy. Just call the dude, but try not to see him....with time you reduce the call...the urge will reduce by itself. Don't be too hard on yourself, heart breaks take a lot time to heal.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by cheeryangy(f): 2:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
Thank u all for your comments.
And lol... I won't call him. I want to more than anythin, bt I won't, d more I think of it d more I realize hez just a really mean guy. I'll wait for him to call
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
cheeryangy: Thank u all for your comments.
And lol... I won't call him. I want to more than anythin, bt I won't, d more I think of it d more I realize hez just a really mean guy. I'll wait for him to call
Don't even wait for him because I dont see this relationship going into anything beyond the boyfriend-girlfriend stage. so, please, value your time and look for a better way to use it. Your aim should be someone that would settle down with you. I saw some traces on your profile and I believe you are not one of those in their early 20s.

That is all I can say.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
2sexy: Don't even wait for him because I dont see this relationship going into anything beyond the boyfriend-girlfriend stage. so, please, value your time and look for a better way to use it. Your aim should be someone that would settle down with you. I saw some traces on your profile and I believe you are not one of those in their early 20s.

That is all I can say.

Watch out, he is a mean guy and he won't call her. She will do the calling. cheesy cheesy

OP, I know your type.... Just pick up the phone and call him so your heart relax...
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Vikin:

Watch out, he is a mean guy and he won't call her. She will do the calling. cheesy cheesy

OP, I know your type.... Just pick up the phone and call him so your heart relax...
yeah and if you see my comment above, I said the same thing. my own ex no even fit leave the guy she gave has to because it happened while we were dating and that was why I left her. But later on, I found out that she went back to the guy and they have been making out all these years, over 2 years.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by mideeniafe(f): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
Oh please, don't call him. I know you're dying to. But please don't. You'll only end up hurting more and feeling stupid, trust me. Get busy with things that will make you forget him. Avoid being alone, coz you'll just start thinking all over again. You'll need time to heal. But don't communicate with him during this healing period. If you try making up with him, it might work, but you'll still end breaking up. So why not just end the whole thing now, forget about him and move on? I'm not saying it would be easy. You'll definately need your close friends. They can also help you heal......I pray you'll find someone who'll love, cherish and pamper you way more than he did very soon. All you need right now is time, and love (not from him oo).
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Onegai(f): 7:28pm On Dec 02, 2012
Don't call him, ever. You don't need to check up on him, he's an adult and he's doing okay. Write his no in a book you rarely look at, then delete it off your phone. Get busy. Misery loves company, so avoid unhappy people. Get new hobbies and volunteer at charity groups church functions and orphanages. It doesn't matter if he will come back or not, he's not nice, so even if he came back on bended knee, it is only God that should give you permission to take him back. Nobody should ever use another person to willfully hurt their partner, he's a jerk. And there's no cure for being a jerk except God and maturity. So cry well, but don't mope at home, go out and help people, be generous, read, travel. Have you been to Olumo Rock? Go and climb it, it's exciting. That's an example of what I want you to do. In time, you'll fee better.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:27pm On Dec 02, 2012
E eya! Poster sorry dear. Don't worry you ll get over it and your next bf or hubby will make you even forget he ever existed.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2012

Ohhh, sorry OP. sad sad

And sorry about the whole situation. Since he suggested the breakup, his heart must've been elsewhere and that's okay ... Because now you know he wasn't the right guy for you.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by Dyt(f): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
I hate hrt brk stories

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by obowunmi(m): 2:28am On Dec 03, 2012
Pele
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by lolaluv1(f): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2012
Obviously, he didn't even respect you. How could he use another girl's pic as his DP when you were his lady?

If you did that, how would he feel?

My dear, about the lost virginity, it happens. Some even stop picking calls the same week they succeed in deflowering a girl.

Just move on with your life. And try to forget the playa! Else, he'll continue from where he stopped and trample on your heart some more.

He needs to be taught some life lessons by some bad girls out there since he doesn't appreciate a good girl like you.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2012
lola.luv:
Obviously, he didn't even respect you. How could he use another girl's pic as his DP when you were his lady?

If you did that, how would he feel?

My dear, about the lost virginity, it happens. Some even stop picking calls the same week they succeed in deflowering a girl.

Just move on with your life. And try to forget the playa! Else, he'll continue from where he stopped and trample on your heart some more.

He needs to be taught some life lessons by some bad girls out there since he doesn't appreciate a good girl like you.
It is a vice versa phenomenon. I had a girl who I was with for 2 years and we didn't have s.ex but she gave it to a guy whom she met in within 5 months. Of course she never valued me, and chose the other guy over me. I left after I couldn't bear any longer.

But three years later, she has been with the guy ever since and now wants me. she based her decision on lack of experience on my part. Isnt that selfishness and wickedness?

Op, just let the guy go.. and as lola has written, he sure will me his water loo some day.
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by lolaluv1(f): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2012
^^
@2sexy
I know because I've been seeing your comments. But you shouldn't allow what that girl did to you to colour your view of other girls. Else, you are still giving her hold over your life....

Treat a girl for who she is, not for what your ex did to you. Don't stare too long at the closed door, so you can see the one that is open. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by 2sexy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
lola.luv:
^^
@2sexy
I know because I've been seeing your comments. But you shouldn't allow what that girl did to you to colour your view of other girls. Else, you are still giving her hold over your life....

Treat a girl for who she is, not for what your ex did to you. Don't stare too long at the closed door, so you can see the one that is open. Cheers!
yeah.. thanks. My one babe now is to complete the house my late mother left behind in Ogun state. Though I based in Benin. I dont allow that to cloud me, but I have grown more sensitive to certain things when dealing with a lady... especially trust issue. The girl in question has begged me in name of God to forgive her and I have done so but never accepted her back. she only came because it never worked out between she and the other guy.

Well, I just grad and waiting for my NYSC call up, talking to a few friends on job prospects... By God's grace, I should get a Job with a year and half in any of the oil servicing company.

I believe God is with me...
Re: How Do I Get Over This Heart Break? by lolaluv1(f): 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2012
^
That's good!

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Gave Her 3 Million Naira / 15 Things To Do During Your Honeymoon! / How To Tell When A Woman Just Had Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.