Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? (19529 Views)

Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram / Who Do Christian Worship - God, Jesus Or Their Pastors? / Why Do Christian Celebrate Easter When Is Not In Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by webfocus(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
I have always been noticing this.

Is there any sin attached to this because I see men not wearing caps into church and sometimes even removing them during prayers

Kindly drop comments
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
the Bible says so.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
Image123: the Bible says so.

what chapter and verse ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Image123: the Bible says so.

shocked shocked shocked......waiting for quote from corinthians thereafter......wahala dey oo......... cheesy
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lolol. Image123 in trouble.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2012
^^^ He went to prepare more.....we dey here dey wait for him sha. Image123 my dearest, cool
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ He went to prepare more.....we dey here dey wait for him sha. Image123 my dearest, cool
Hahahahahaha.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by webfocus(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
frosbel:

what chapter and verse ?
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by vicoson(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Read 1 cor. 11:4-11

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
vicoson: Read 1 cor. 11:4-11

Oya start dey explain verse-by-verse.....we dey wait o
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
@hypocrites
John 5v39
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Image123: @hypocrites
John 5v39

Whatever that means and whoever that refers to,

New International Version (©1984)
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, - John 5:39
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by MrAnony1(m): 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
webfocus: I av always been noticin this.is dere any sin attached to this cos I see men not wearin caps into church and sometimes even removin dem at occassion durin prayers
Kindly drop comments
It is church tradition. Read 1 Cor 11:4-16

Excerpts:

4. A man dishonors his head if he covers his head while praying or prophesying.......

........16. But if anyone wants to argue about this, I simply say that we have no other custom than this, and neither do God’s other churches.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Joagbaje(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
I don't think he issue of wearing cap or removing cap is relevant in christian faith. Married women. Covered their faces in public in bible days as a form of respect and submission to their husband while men also covered their head as a form of respect and submission to God. But now in christ ,the covering of the face of the man is no longer required . That's the principle behind cap removal . It's to show that man no longer inferior before God. The head covering is no longer requiresd but this is different from cap wearing. Most people do it as a form of respect without understanding the principle behind it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Goshen360(m): 9:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
Lemme help this thread by quoting from a good translation before Image123 starts to accuse of using my knowledge and understanding to bully folks in here,

1 Corinthians 11

Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 Pattern yourselves after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).

2 I appreciate and commend you because you always remember me in everything and keep firm possession of the traditions (the substance of my instructions), just as I have [verbally] passed them on to you.

3 But I want you to know and realize that Christ is the Head of every man, the head of a woman is her husband, and the Head of Christ is God.

4 Any man who prays or prophesies (teaches, refutes, reproves, admonishes, and comforts) with his head covered dishonors his Head (Christ).

5 And any woman who [publicly] prays or prophesies (teaches, refutes, reproves, admonishes, or comforts) when she is bareheaded dishonors her head (her husband); it is the same as [if her head were] shaved.

6 For if a woman will not wear [a head] covering, then she should cut off her hair too; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her head shorn or shaven, let her cover [her head].

7 For a man ought not to wear anything on his head [in church], for he is the image and [reflected] glory of God [[a]his function of government reflects the majesty of the divine Rule]; but woman is [the expression of] man’s glory (majesty, preeminence).

8 For man was not [created] from woman, but woman from man;

9 Neither was man created on account of or for the benefit of woman, but woman on account of and for the benefit of man.

10 [b]Therefore she should [be subject to his authority and should] have a covering on her head [as a token, a symbol, of her submission to authority, [c]that she may show reverence as do] the angels [and not displease them].

11 Nevertheless, in [the plan of] the Lord and from His point of view woman is not apart from and independent of man, nor is man aloof from and independent of woman;

12 For as woman was made from man, even so man is also born of woman; and all [whether male or female go forth] from God [as their Author].

13 Consider for yourselves; is it proper and decent [according to your customs] for a woman to offer prayer to God [publicly] with her head uncovered?

14 Does not [d]the native sense of propriety (experience, common sense, reason) itself teach you that for a man to wear long hair is a dishonor [humiliating and degrading] to him,

15 But if a woman has long hair, it is her ornament and glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

16 Now if anyone is disposed to be argumentative and contentious about this, we hold to and recognize no other custom [in worship] than this, nor do the churches of God generally.

17 But in what I instruct [you] next I do not commend [you], because when you meet together, it is not for the better but for the worse.

18 For in the first place, when you assemble as a congregation, I hear that there are cliques (divisions and factions) among you; and I in part believe it,

19 For doubtless there have to be factions or parties among you in order that they who are genuine and of approved fitness may become evident and plainly recognized among you.

20 So when you gather for your meetings, it is not the supper instituted by the Lord that you eat, I Corinthians 11:1-20

Let the discussion start right now.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Joagbaje: I don't think he issue of wearing cap or removing cap is relevant in christian faith. Married women. Covered their faces in public in bible days as a form of respect and submission to their husband while men also covered their head as a form of respect and submission to God. But now in christ ,the covering of the face of the man is no longer required . That's the principle behind cap removal[b][/b] . It's to show that man no longer inferior before God.[b][/b] The head covering is no longer requiresd but this is different from cap wearing. Most people do it as a form of respect without understanding the principle behind it.

Oga joagbaje don come againoo wetin pesin no go see for nl.Do you really mean to tell me that men are no longer inferior to God? This sheer heresy of the worst proportion.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by ijawkid(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
chukwudi44:

Oga joagbaje don come againoo wetin pesin no go see for nl.Do you really mean to tell me that men are no longer inferior to God? This sheer heresy of the worst proportion.

Lol........JOE oooooooo
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin guy i dey chop pepper oh, no go wound me for here.
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
So that their cap will not fall when they are dancing....

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
To show respect and honor to God. Read 1 Corinthians 11:7
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by valencia25(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2012
To allow pastor brainwash their brain
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Ndoz(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2012
lol@okija juju
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by dabrake(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
It is church tradition. Read 1 Cor 11:4-16

Excerpts:

4. A man dishonors his head if he covers his head while praying or prophesying.......

........16. But if anyone wants to argue about this, I simply say that we have no other custom than this, and neither do God’s other churches.
It says head and not hair. I believe the 'head' word has another meaning
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by igbsam(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2012
Okija_juju: So that their cap will not fall when they are dancing....

Dang! I remember this video! This guy got me laughing and rolling hard on the floor. You need to see his dancing steps.
The dude is a good stepper. Am sure pastor must be proud to have an entertainer in his ministry. But all this dancing
Just to go and drop N5 (5 naira) for an Offering. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
From what I understand from that chapter, only women who have shaved their heads should cover it while praying, for it is shameful. It says that the glory of a woman is in her hair and it has been given to her as a covering.
That's d part I'm interested in, sorry for diverting the thread. So pentecostals that go to church with their hair uncovered are actually right. I cover my hair to church because of the doctrine of my church and not because its biblical. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by Born2beRich1(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2012
okija you don come with this your funny videos..lol lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by belhomme(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2012
chukwudi44:

#gbam!!! heresy to daluru
Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by ikaboy: 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
Do u put on a cap while greeting elders in ur tradition Like mine, am sure u don't. How much more b4 d eldest of d elders(God) present in d church.

www.allinksandtoners,com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by DaWhiz: 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2012
I don't believe its in the Bible or its a sin. Truth is, its a sign of respect in the Yoruba culture (and I think in some other Naija cultures too) to remove your cap when you're relating to an elder. So basically, people do it to show their respect to Baba God. But if you sincerely don't believe in it, I don't think its a big deal. IMHO

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by belhomme(m): 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2012
Cherechy: From what I understand from that chapter, only women who have shaved their heads should cover it while praying, for it is shameful. It says that the glory of a woman is in her hair and it has been given to her as a covering.
That's d part I'm interested in, sorry for diverting the thread. So pentecostals that go to church with their hair uncovered are actually right. I cover my hair to church because of the doctrine of my church and not because its biblical. Shikena

behold the face of anoda who reads the back of their "bibeli mimo" and goes to church cos people will ask dem why if they dont...smh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? by DaWhiz: 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
Goshen360: Lemme help this thread by quoting from a good translation before Image123 starts to accuse of using my knowledge and understanding to bully folks in here,

1 Corinthians 11

Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 Pattern yourselves after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).
Let the discussion start right now.

Read the Bible again, and go study the Jewish culture, this was more of a cultural thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / More Facts Emerge On Kumuyi’s Remarriage / David Oyedepo Celebrates 34th Wedding Anniversary With Wife, Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.