Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) (67346 Views)

See Why You Should Stop Putting Your Phones On A Bed While Charging (photos) / Learn How To Clone Yourself Multiple Times In One Picture Using Your Phone / How Their Samsunggalaxy S4 Got Burnt While Charging [seephoto] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Trendline: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
Many people are guilty of this! I guess you should stop it after reading this and please tell others about it...

A few days ago, a guy was charging his mobile phone at home. Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the charging Instrument still connected to the outlet.

Shortly electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained (maybe there was current fluctuation) and the young man was thrown to the floor with a heavy thud. As you can see, the phone actually exploded.

His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Cell phones are a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death if not handled with care.

Never use the cell phone while it is hooked to the electrical outlet!
If you are charging the cell phone and a call comes in, unplug it from the charger before answering the call.

http://www.brimtime.com/2012/12/dangers-of-using-your-cell-phone-while.html

2 Likes

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by 3direct: 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
too bad!! i never knew this ealier

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by jeddyMay(f): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2012
QUILTY AS CHARGED grin wink

2 Likes

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Abujafood: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2012
That is not the only hazard! What about people who answer their phones very close to the fuel pump as their cars are being fueled?

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2012
stale news

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by 5much(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2012
we have 2 be more careful.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by honestivo(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2012
Pls wu der b any effect wen chargin n browsing pls ?v
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by dadicvila(m): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2012
Uncle Please tell us a story....who is the guy that died while using his phone while it was charging??he dosnt have a name??make una carry una mumu stories comot joh

4 Likes

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by iamswizz(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2012
Story.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Areaboy2(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2012
hmmm.. dont see any sound reason for this undecided

First of all, Using a blog as your reference material is just as bad as claiming right and referencing wikipedia *fail* undecided

Secondly, I'm no electrical engineer but I reckon AC is converted to very low 4.5v DC before heading out to your phone. In case of a power surge, the equipments in the adapter will just get fried and that's it.

The only way I see a surge strong enough to get through will be lightning, and you are just as likely to get killed by a Shark as you are to being struck by lighting.

Bogus story with no real facts nor sense.

Sometimes I'm ashamed of the posts that make it to front page with no background check. Selective disinformation is bad enough to any society and Nigerians being as gullible as they are makes it even worse.

my 2 cents

26 Likes

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Arsenate(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2012
sting_224: stale news
why didn't u share all this while? I actually found this useful. Thanks @op
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by fittty(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Presently using my cell pluged. Browsing and taking calls and nothing happened. kiss

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2012
Teenage Money: making a gsm call with your right ear is also dangerous...

Please explain more on this cause I no know wetin de do my right ear.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by semid4lyfe(m): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2012
This story has been proven to be a hoax

Moving on. . . .
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2012
made in china
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by LesbianBoy(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2012
The guy's phone must be CHINKO!!! Because i know this can't happen when you use an iPhone4 like yours truly!!!!! grin
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2012
This happens only those china phones....

Even those rechargeable touch lights too explodes.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2012
Shortly electricity flowed into the cell phone unrestrained (maybe there was current fluctuation) and the young man was thrown to the floor with a heavy thud. As you can see, the phone actually exploded.

Inpossicant!
D guy neva talk true.

I think d wire on mobile fone chargers isn't enough to inflict that much damage!
Besides, anything that wants to make d current flow thru would blow off d adaptor and stop flow abruptly.

So, i doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by prettyboi1(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2012
I've been telling a lot of people this but people would never hear. People hardly like precautions until the deed is done.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by greatgod2012(f): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2012
thank u for d information!
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2012
Saw these pics like 6 years ago.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by TeenageMoney(m): 10:49am On Dec 04, 2012
gboss4sure:

Please explain more on this cause I no know wetin de do my right ear.

Read here http://.com/2012/12/photo-danger-of-using-your-right-ear-to.html

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by prettyboi1(m): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2012
fittty: Presently using my cell pluged. Browsing and taking calls and nothing happened. kiss
Ok na if you like listen, if you like don't listen. You probably have just been lucky. When there's an electric surge, your phone or charge or even the electricity won't tell you, All you would see is an injury to yourself.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Jazzgreen(m): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2012
CHEEEE. I do dis everyday. I Even opened dis thread wit my phone pluged. I dnt trust 9JA nepa so any chance i hav, i wil jst get my ba3 charged b4 de tak light. But ive been doin dis for years now. No single reaction .even wen de said dat cosmic rays wil destroy me and my phone at night. WHO SEND DEM? -/ I used my phone all tru d night durin those times. For dis one, im already addicted to it. ITS LIK TRYIN TO SEPARATE FISH FROM WATER. I jst wake up everyday and say BABA GOD,PROTECT ME 2DAY,ANYTHIN WEY HAPPEN TO ME,NA UR HANDWORK... Den i plug my phone and hav a nice day cool

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by StepG: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2012
I have heard this before,several pple have died also. usually when u stayed long on d phone while charging d electromagnetic waves emitted(to n from) is elevated n with d phone plugged to power n charging in stationary place it saturate n increase d reaction of d cell dis further overheat d cell n other components n since it has no chance to relief it explodes like a bomb with d live current increasing d risk.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 04, 2012
We all know how cautious oyinbos can be. The phone manufacturers would explicitly issue warnings to that effect in the phone manuals, if it were really the case. I've used countless phones over the last decade, and not once have I seen this warning in a manual.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by chyzoo4u(m): 11:02am On Dec 04, 2012
Totally impossible. AC can't flow in a mobile charger unless the head has been cut off. In that case, the phone burns immediately as its been pluged.
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by timbros(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2012
Area_boy: hmmm.. dont see any sound reason for this undecided

First of all, Using a blog as your reference material is just as bad as claiming right and referencing wikipedia *fail* undecided

Secondly, I'm no electrical engineer but I reckon AC is converted to very low 4.5v DC before heading out to your phone. In case of a power surge, the equipments in the adapter will just get fried and that's it.

The only way I see a surge strong enough to get through will be lightning, and you are just as likely to get killed by a Shark as you are to being struck by lighting.

Bogus story with no real facts nor sense.

Sometimes I'm ashamed of the posts that make it to front page with no background check. Selective disinformation is bad enough to any society and Nigerians being as gullible as they are makes it even worse.

my 2 cents

(Quote) (Report) 6287 Likes (Like)
Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by EzePromoe: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2012
Trendline: A few days ago, a guy was charging his mobile phone at home. Just at that time a call came in and he answered it with the charging Instrument still connected to the outlet.

His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with a weak heartbeat and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Forget talk jor. Im village enemies stab him pishure for mirror.

1 Like

Re: Danger Of Using Your CellPhone While Charging (PHOTOS) by timbros(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2012
If this story were true, i for don die siiiincceeee......

OP, didnt you do midnight calls? 12midnight-5am? Can you recall how many times you were on call for hours and your phone was charging simultaneously? You die?

#Crap

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This May Be The Most Expensive Phone You Will Ever See **pix** / Top Free Sites And App To Stream Live Football Matches / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.