Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,726 members, 7,805,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! (15013 Views)

2010-2013 facelift W221 S Class Pics / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! by tdie: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2013
Siena:

Personally, I'm a great fan of the OEM look. After market bodykits are garbage. I've fitted them on client's automobile (at their requests) and the fitment is like dogshit. An aftermarket bumper can take hours to get the fitment 100%, and even then, it'll never look right. It all depends on what you're satisfied with.

I'm very ana-l when it comes to automobile, and I won't compromise on quality. I would only fit bumpers / skirts off the equivalent MB Sport / AMG model. Nothing else will do. Some of these kits are also made of fibreglass, and stress cracks are a big issue. It may look average when first fitted, give it six months, and your MB will be looking bad. Such kits are aimed at teenagers, and mostly fitted to Honda Civics and similar automobile. The MB is a classy vehicle, and an aftermarket bodykit will detract from that look.

I've also looked at the bodykits on that site, and they're made of fibreglass, just as I suspected they would be.

Good luck.

Thanks Siena for your valuable contribution. I guess I'll leave off the bodykit then and just show off its classic looks. I thought those were OEM kits made to retrofit to the w124..
Re: Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! by Gabbiddo: 6:59am On Oct 05, 2014
Please i need advise on c240 maintenance. I like the car and am looking at getting it soon. But i have heard so many discouraging remarks about its maintenance and electrical issues. Kindly advise if you own the car and have used it
Re: Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! by Conductor261: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
Hi
Re: Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! by chukel(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
Where is Tdie. Really enjoyed his days here, especially the restoration of that Audi A4.
Re: Getting A Facelift Mercedes W124 E500... Advice please! by Kayharry(m): 11:26pm On Oct 12, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

China To Ban Production Of 553 Car Models From Jan.1 To Fight Air Pollution / Can I Use Kerosine To Run My Deisel Engine / The Seven Types Of Drivers In Nigeria: Which One Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.