Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli (4712 Views)

BUHARI VS 50 CENT - 7 THINGS IN COMMON: BY AMECHI OKOLI / LOCAL RAPPERS vs LOCAL RAPPERS : An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli / Hip Hop Beefs:An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli @IamDoubleSix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 06, 2012
@safarigirl
Waiting for u 2 drop a single aiight.
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Dec 06, 2012
amechi213: @safarigirl
Waiting for u 2 drop a single aiight.
ha! Tis a long shot, might never even happen...then again, you never know what fate has in store
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by ortopazz(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
@safari ah still de on chills 4 ur ladies to embrace thread o, besides na wa 4 u o! U wan fame u gatz step up na, see me o! For comment I make for Asa video on top yhutube, Hakeem olawujon una sabi am sha, 'the dream' follow comment, so na 5o 5o matter, u neva sabi u fit pop am!
Just do am.

Zee na demon, that bet cypher, she knack am wella. She ma folo 4 dat kilo fo shee, the gurl sabi, plus she come fi....n....e, sl,....i..m, add, hmmm wish am luck sha
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by safarigirl(f): 11:47am On Dec 07, 2012
ortopazz: @safari ah still de on chills 4 ur ladies to embrace thread o, besides na wa 4 u o! U wan fame u gatz step up na, see me o! For comment I make for Asa video on top yhutube, Hakeem olawujon una sabi am sha, 'the dream' follow comment, so na 5o 5o matter, u neva sabi u fit pop am!
Just do am.

Zee na demon, that bet cypher, she knack am wella. She ma folo 4 dat kilo fo shee, the gurl sabi, plus she come fi....n....e, sl,....i..m, add, hmmm wish am luck sha
i no wan put ma mind for there, make disappointment no follow me shake hand. Jes takin errything in ma stride, if it comes, good, if not...oh well. But Zee na winch, the first time I hear the gurl drop, ma jaw literally fell, props to suspect though. Na she, Blaise. Tesh and Kel dey gimme joy if I hear them. Blaise killed it in M.I's Blaze.
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 08, 2012
@safarigirl e go happen!

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 20, 2012
@safarigirl do u have any tracks recorded?
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by safarigirl(f): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
amechi213: @safarigirl do u have any tracks recorded?
did a collabo with a dude one time, didn't like the beat, didn't get the song, ain't recorded nada since then...costs like 3k for a beat and I'm as broke as an Ibo boy after Christmas and New year

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 24, 2012
safarigirl: did a collabo with a dude one time, didn't like the beat, didn't get the song, ain't recorded nada since then...costs like 3k for a beat and I'm as broke as an Ibo boy after Christmas and New year
LOL but babe 3k for a beat? Dats too damm cheap ooo!
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by safarigirl(f): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2012
amechi213: LOL but babe 3k for a beat? Dats too damm cheap ooo!
depending on your stance, 3k is very expensive for someone who's looking for 100 bucks for credit every week
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 25, 2012
@safarigirl e-mail me ur number n we can work sumthn out
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by safarigirl(f): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
^will do
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 31, 2012
@safarigirl cant read ur msg..pls txt ur digits to 08033422206 happy new year.
t
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
I think Pryse & MsChief are d next set of femcees 2 blow.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 20, 2013
Wat do u think?
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by phatwall: 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
who's feeling Tesh Carter?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by peteafrik88(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2013
phatwall: who's feeling Tesh Carter?

She's d bomb.. CC Pryse? I feel her too
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by BarneyStinlEsS(m): 7:35am On May 11, 2013
Watch out for Angel Haze.The chick got flow and probably would rival Nicki Minaj.She was on this years edition of XXL freshman class
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by phatwall: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nice Article
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by phatwall: 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
@peteafrik88 tesh carter's on point
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by phatwall: 5:31am On Aug 07, 2013
Nice article
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by phatwall: 6:01am On Nov 26, 2013
Where is Mo'chedda
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by ponti93(m): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
safarigirl: It's not just the femcees, even the femcee-ngers are having it rough compared to their male counterparts, see Waje, Omawumi, Tiwa savage, Chidinma, though some may have relative success once in a while, it's nothing compared to that of the guys, how many times is Omawumi booked for intl concerts? Even Davido has more shows, and she's much better than him. Truth is, the Nigerian audience is unreceptive towards women in music, you nod your head to the song when it's played, you acknowledge how d0pe the femcee is, but you would never spend a dime to see her in concert cos you don't think she's as good a performer as Ice prince, or even Sina Rambo. Bottom line, women aren't taken seriously in music, no matter how hard they try. So it's not them, it's the mindset of Nigerians. I for one find Eva and Tesh Carter much d0p3r than Nicki Minaj...perhaps if they inflate their b0ooobs and ar53, they'll get a captive audience
i kind of agree with you.but i have been wondering y there seems to be no upcoming female rappers...my record label searched for one for like 10months...damn
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 05, 2017
nice write-up
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
Where Are The Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli

Monday evening,my studio session is done and am chilling at a bar,having a drink and listening to Lil Kim’s classic ‘Ladies Night’ featuring Angie Martinez,Missy Elliot,Da Brat and Left Eye(R.I.P)

I paused the track and asked myself,,what the hell happened to the female rappers?

As a producer & lover of music,a question like that would definitely drag me back to the hip hop scene in Naija.

Sasha did it,Blaise was fierce on the mic,Kemistry had the attitude and Kel came through with a fresh flow,a few others followed but fell off almost as soon as they came and their impact was not so authoritative.

No doubt these afore-mentioned ladies did their thing on the mic and gave the chicks a voice in Naija Hip Hop,many would agree that the biggest step up for the female M.Cs in this part of the world came when the legendary DJ Jimmy Jatt released the critically acclaimed single ‘Too Much’ which featured Blaise,Kemistry,Sasha & Bouqui.

A wicked collaboration which a couple o’ male rappers would envy(I aint calling no names) since then the females have been a bit quiet leaving dudes like M.I,Iceprince,Sauce Kid,Olamide,Vector,Ill Bliss etc to completely dominate the game.

In America(the Mecca of rap music) the females have also been on the low but the difference between their situation and ours is that every now and then they always have at least one female rapper who tops the charts and competes viciously with their male counterparts eg Queen Lateefah,Salt N Peppa,Da Brat,Lil Kim,Foxy Brown,Missy Elliot,Eve and most recently Nicki Minaj(who is currently hot!!!) At their respective peaks they sold millions of records and received massive radio & video airplay,gaining huge respect and endorsements from the male folk.

You may have asked yourself this question before,,howcome Nicki Minaj is currently the only female rapper doing well in America? Could it be her well shaped backside? Lol.

Back to Naija..There’s a fresh pack of femcees coming through.,new flow,new ginger, new mentality and a craving for commercial success, Femcees like Zee, Tesh Carter, Pryse & MsChief who are all creating a serious buzz around the radio & the internet.

Hopefully they will do very well commercially and give the dudes a run for their money cos if they don’t then I’ll ask the same question again..Where are the femcees?

Now let me go back to the track that inspired this article in the first place (now pressing play)

PEACE!!!
Re: Where Are The Nigerian Femcees? An Article By Amechi 'Double Six' Okoli by Nobody: 3:32am On May 20, 2018
Contact me for articles such as this

(1) (2) (Reply)

[MUSIC] Download: Cjrhapz - Zukwanike Mp3 / PHOTOS: Shocking Cover Of Kanye West New Album / Download Music: Khalid - Talk 2019 New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.