Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? (6551 Views)

Where R All Da Comedians On Ds Jokes Forum.?. / Nigerian Comedians Based In The Usa / Help Post The Funniest Jokes From 'night Of A Thousand Laugh' Comedians Here Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by NaijaNaWaa: 12:03am On Dec 04, 2012
With due respect to all hardworking female comedians in Nigeria and elsewhere, I can't recollect ever laughing at their jokes. I've watched a few of them: Lepacious Bose, Princess, et al but they just don't cut it for me. Unlike their male counterparts, they appear to be trying too hard to make the audience laugh, and most times the audience are just there watching in utter bewilderment as if to say, "what's this clown doing here". Just my opinion though.

Let's have yours.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by dasdexter(m): 6:17am On Dec 04, 2012
yeah u're right sametyn here,
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by yuzedo: 11:03am On Dec 04, 2012
Call me a chauvinist, but there are some things a female wasn't made for, and can never have impact on/in...
But hey, balancing things out, i think i'd rather watch one of those comediennes than sit through AY's attempt at humor... Now that's one dry sonofa'.. undecided It is a wonder he got so successful..

7 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by pleep(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2012
most aren't good, but the ones that are talented are absolutely amazing. Like that one Asian chick, i forget her name though
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by chuckdee4(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2012
I think that's a bit of a sexist statement.
Helen Paul is quite funny, i don't rate Princess and i'm not sure who Lepacious Bose is but on the foreign scene, i find female comedians to be just as funny as their male counterparts, go watch any def jamz comedy and see what i'm talking about

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by crazygod(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2012
Only one female comedian has ever made me laugh. For that to happen, u must be extremely good. I'm talking about helen paul aka tatafo. She's brilliant with that style of hers

4 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Mortiple(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2012
There is ONLY ONE comedienne that makes me laugh and laugh ... Helen Paul (the lady that co-presents Jara with Uti Nwachukwu). That lady is a born talent! She is miles apart from others.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Nasri100(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2012
Yes especially in the ROOM.
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Mortiple(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2012
LOL! It appears we all were typing our post at the same time. HELEN PAUL all the way!

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by yuzedo: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2012
Building on my theme of women being quite lack-luster in many endeavors, if you listen to radio or watch TV shows, most female OAPs tend to be quite dry and not as sharp/witty as their male counterparts.
Let's just say i admire Gbemi on Beat FM because she doesn't seem to be trying too hard at it.. Very natural, intelligent, and witty especially in a sarcastic way.. Unlike the other floozies i don't quite get.. lipsrsealed On the Morning rush with Olisa, it is obvious the female on that gig is struggling to be funny and most times can't keep up with Olisa's natural wit. (No hate)
Beat Fm sef try.. Go to other radio stations.. Oh lawd! I don't want to name names. sad
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by tellwisdom: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by OME1(m): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2012
Helen paul is a lil bit alright..she says funny things on her show, 'Jara'. The driest pro comedian still remains AY mehn the guy dry pass boy alinco's body...

6 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by GentleNaaz(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2012
Wat a man can do, a woman cn do it evn beta.
D female of basket mwt is fry pan booty
d female of i go die is i go resurect
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by slimyem: 11:27am On Dec 04, 2012
yuzedo: Building on my theme of women being quite lack-luster in many endeavors, if you listen to radio or watch TV shows, most female OAPs tend to be quite dry and not as sharp/witty as their male counterparts.
Let's just say i admire Gbemi on Beat FM because she doesn't seem to be trying too hard at it.. Very natural, intelligent, and witty especially in a sarcastic way.. Unlike the other floozies i don't quite get.. lipsrsealed On the Morning rush with Olisa, it is obvious the female on that gig is struggling to be funny and most times can't keep up with Olisa's natural wit. (No hate)
Beat Fm sef try.. Go to other radio stations.. Oh lawd! I don't want to name names. sad
true that one man's meat is another man's poison...!
Gbemi is a wack presenter IMO!!!
That said...i hate to be biased and the truth is Princess and Funke Akindele should having nothing doing with comedy...
All they do is murder English which anyone can do as well.
Helen Paul is the only one who comes close to doing comedy!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by SamConquer(m): 11:44am On Dec 04, 2012
Actually i think that op is a chauvnist,i enjoy those lady comedieene to the core..PRINCESS-Looking at her,i am already laughing......HELEN PAUL-Talented and gat all qualities.and even lepacious bose..so i 1nda what the heck that op is saying
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by muystoy(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2012
yuzedo: Call me a chauvinist, but there are some things a female wasn't made for, and can never have impact on/in...
But hey, balancing things out, i think i'd rather watch one of those comediennes than sit through AY's attempt at humor... Now that's one dry sonofa'.. undecided It is a wonder he got so successful..
. I actually used to think I ΨåS̤̈̊ d only one D̶̲̥̅ǻ̀́†̥ thinks dis AY guy has no reason being a comedian,as far as ​I am concerned,he is d most boring and confused "comedian" in Nigeria,never found any of his dry jokes funny,always disgusts me
yuzedo: Call me a chauvinist, but there are some things a female wasn't made for, and can never have impact on/in...
. I actually used to think I ΨåS̤̈̊ d only one D̶̲̥̅ǻ̀́†̥ thinks dis AY guy has no reason being a comedian,as far as ​I am concerned,he is d most boring and confused "comedian" in Nigeria,never found any of his dry jokes funny,always disgusts me

1 Like

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by koolJ1(f): 11:51am On Dec 04, 2012
Well I guess its just me...I've never quite been able to laugh at Helen Paul's jokes-try as I may. I'm pretty sure I look more bored after I listen to her than b4 I did.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by muystoy(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2012
No vex for my multiple posts o,na mistake
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Naijapikin1: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2012
I served in plateau state, and finished october this year. While on camp the best comedian, (comedienne if u may call it), was a female. I was president of OBS, and on a number of occasions i almost lost focus on the equipment, because of her rib-crackin jokes.
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by plendil: 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
The problem, one has to say, is mainly Nigerian female comedians. They're nt creative enough.

I've listened to American and British counterparts and boy are they funny.
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by NaijaNaWaa: 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
Don't really know who's Helen Paul but if its the lady on Jara, then she's just as good as the rest (Lepacious + Princess them) if u know whata mean. On the other hand, I LOVE female OAP/Radio DJs. How can I ever forget Furo Amaso, Bina Koin, Lanre Anjola, Jumobi Adegbesan, Gboliwe Iwobi & tens of great female radio presenters I've come to adore. But Comedy? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by floriana(m): 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
whoever says female comedians are not funny has never watched or listened to Patience Faka Jonathan. She's funnier than Ali Baba. She's the bomb.
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Vansnickers: 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
I thought it was only me!!! smiley
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by honeric01(m): 12:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
Give me Helen Paul anytime anyday, she's a comedy on her own.
whoever made princess a comedian should be shot, i can't her as a loud mouth
lepacious bose dey try small sha
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Mavrick2012: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: With due respect to all hardworking female comedians in Nigeria and elsewhere, I can't recollect ever laughing at their jokes. I've watched a few of them: Lepacious Bose, Princess, et al but they just don't cut it for me. Unlike their male counterparts, they appear to be trying too hard to make the audience laugh, and most times the audience are just there watching in utter bewilderment as if to say, "what's this clown doing here". Just my opinion though.

Let's have yours.
tot i was d only 1.especialy d 2 u mentnd
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by mbulela: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
Dude is one hell of a hustler. so i guess all the hard work is paying off.
I am sure even his wife acknowledges his dry sense of humour. Must be the driest comedian in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Anvaller: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
kool J: Well I guess its just me...I've never quite been able to laugh at Helen Paul's jokes-try as I may. I'm pretty sure I look more bored after I listen to her than b4 I did.

U are right! This is not to run Helen Paul down or something but there is a thing wrong with her comedy, U can not expect me not to be bored at ur performance when u are attempting to make me laugh through a monotonous xter like all the time. A comedian should be able to assume different xters. If u are really looking for a female funny xter, Youtube Little Miss Jocelyn (U.K Nigerian Comedy Series) if u have never seen it before. She has about 7 different episodes based on differing xters that she acts out herself and all are dead funny.
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by shadrach77: 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
princess and helen paul are both funny. Lepacious Bose has serious inferiority complex issues and it relects so much in her so called jokes grin grin grin
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by mbulela: 12:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
plendil: The problem, one has to say, is mainly Nigerian female comedians. They're nt creative enough.

I've listened to American and British counterparts and boy are they funny.
Gbam!!
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by mbulela: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
shadrach77: princess and helen paul are both funny. Lepacious Bose has serious inferiority complex issues and it relects so much in her so called jokes grin grin grin
Helen Paul,yes. Princess, a very big NO.
same with that Cigurl lady. very dry and uncreative.
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha, una no go kill me here oo, 4geh dah tin una dey yarn, go listen 2 Helen Paul na den u go sabi say Osuofia got a train, dah gal gbaru pass.......I shed tears after listening 2her...she's damn funny, nd her voice is......hahahahahahahahhahaha.....
Re: Do You Find Female Comedians Funny? by tayorwhyz: 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
:PTo b candid, helen paul is funny, its jst dat 9ja tin of wen u ar gettin big, u get sick,gradually deterioratin... I beg no one shud mention dt handicap,rib achin AY on dis platform, he sucks... Jst dt he is makin lots of money from dose who can find reason to laf @ ome

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Swear In All Languages / We Are Rebranding The Joke Section. / Xxxx Funny Videos Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.