Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? (24917 Views)

AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) / I Changed My Mind After Watching Buhari's Documentary On AIT. / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 04, 2012
I saw this online and it was a joy to watch. I hope some of you will watch it and desist from ethnic bashing and tribe nonsense we usually have here on Nairaland.
Enjoy.

If it has been posted before. i am sorry for re-posting it

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFc4VrV-94

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Ikengawo: 3:29am On Dec 04, 2012
boring. redundant. pessimistic. insulting.
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2012
Ikengawo: boring. redundant. pessimistic. insulting.
AS IN EHN SO ANNOYIN
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 04, 2012
How does this reshape the country?

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nasri100(m): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2012
lol which is more annoying Rick ross Hold me back or this shitty video?

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by IleIfe2(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2012
There is nothing boring or pessimistic about this, this is Nigeria's history and i really enjoyed my 2 1/2 hours

5 Likes

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:32am On Dec 04, 2012
Nasri100: lol which is more annoying Rick ross Hold me back or this shitty video?
both.
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Godogwu: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2012
You need to watch this to know where Nigeria has been and where its actually headed. When it started I felt i'd leave it in 10mins but nahhh I paused it, made breakfast, got on the coach and stayed comfy enough to watch the whole 2 hours 35 mins of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by TableLeg(m): 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
undecided
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Godogwu: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2012
Aijalon: AS IN EHN SO ANNOYIN

The both of you should kill yourselves
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by KINGwax(m): 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
And the OP is happy. Bet(but) why?
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by sheyee(m): 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
cry(I was so remorseful and almost shed tears, when it was predicted that Nigeria was suppose to be the greatest negro country in Africa, see what greed has turn us too.
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Cupidkc(m): 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Rubbish...what am i suppose to do with this. Tales by moonlight...
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Koolking(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Grandeur! Thanks op for the youtube video. How did we get to this stage of unbridled greed and unpatriotic zeal? The destiny of this nation lies in our hand.

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Tsmooth1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
I cant watch the video because my phone na small one. Abeg make someone gist me about the film now!
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Okoberry: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
Which way Nigeria
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by talk2xp: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2012
Koolking: Grandeur! Thanks op for the youtube video. How did we get to this stage of unbridled greed and unpatriotic zeal? The destiny of this nation lies in our hand.

God bless you. I ask the same question "How did we get here?" Yes the future lies in our hands. We ought to let the past go as it has not done us any justice. Revolution is what we cry out for most of the time but in the real sense we are not ready for it. I think serious and sincere dialogue is what we need. I do not care about the zoning pattern. Let us be active the the country politics and policies. Any man that can take us to the desired destination should be our choice and should be the one in charge in respective of tribe, gender, religion or political affiliation. Please let us get involve positively.
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
KINGwax: And the OP is happy. Bet(but) why?
I was because I saw history on camera. I only read about this before
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Emylexray(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
Some people are chronic and pathological critics here on Nairaland. All they do is criticise!. . Nice Job OP!...We(Nigeria) will get there.

2 Likes

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by black9jaberry: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
simply EDUCATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by bassette(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
i urge every Nigerian in colour,heart and content to watch this video...God bless the one who dug this out for all to see...am going to post this link on face book and any other social media am aware to help the youths of this time see how we became what we are today...In all i can see that sheer greed got us to where we are today n in all sincerity i feel for my igbo brothers for as far as am concerned they remain the most illustrious specie of the Nigeria entity.emotions almost got the better of me as i watched this video.Gowon had good intentions,sadly d early politicians messed things up...NIGERIA!!! we need a breed of leaders that will not succumb all this ethnic/tribal differences that have destroyed our great nation but rather promote the oneness of Nigeria..whether u be frm north,east,west,south,middle-belt,north central,east-central et el..we remain NIGERIA!!!OUR founding fathers got it wrong!!!

5 Likes

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by ade2008(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
There is still hope for us. With love we can still be together
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
I just have less than 5mb on my phone.WTF was it talking about?
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
Thank you OP for this doc
haven't seen it but the 1st 2 mins basically tellsme it is worh a watch
if all u have to say on here is to criticize the op for trying to juggle our senses and look at what a great nation this country ,could,should and would be,then go back to drinking your garri

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by nanaboi(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
I haven't watched the video. But I can't help reacting to Bassette's sentiments about Gowon... Care to tell me how Gowon's intentions were "good"? Because from all I've gathered about his regime, he could have averted the war, but he didn't. He knew a pogrom of some sort was going on in the north. Military officers had gone down too. Yet he did nothing. Maybe he felt the rage against the Igbos was justified.

About the tribal differences, we weren't supposed to be together in the first place. Nigeria is some white man's selfish handiwork. BUT, since we're stuck together, and especially considering it's been a commercial success, I personally think we should might as well make it work WELL. I don't stand up for secession anymore. I stand up for progress. We should refuse to be seen as just tribes. After all, we're first humans, then Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by oferefe(f): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
KINGwax: And the OP is happy. Bet(but) why?

Hahahaha!!!! cheesy bet why? bet i like facebook! cheesy
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
I guess the posters who watched the video are not in Nigeria. How many Nigerians can watch a YouTube video of 2 hrs 30 mins with cost of data bundles we have down here.
Please compress the video to 6MB.
Thanks.
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Telez(m): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2012
9ja d giant of d world
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by nagoma(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Blackteeth: I guess the posters who watched the video are not in Nigeria. How many Nigerians can watch a YouTube video of 2 hrs 30 mins with cost of data bundles we have down here.
Please compress the video to 6MB.
Thanks.
oops!! Never thought of that. i am at work now and i am using my phone to post, if you can do it you should.
Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by AfroBlue(m): 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
Op, thanks for posting. Hoping all Pan African Pioneers are in a good place, and a new group surfaces from this or the next generation to continue their great works.

1 Like

Re: A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria? by freshdude: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2012
most of u ignorant mofos antagonizing the OP for posting this video havnt even watched it... all u do on nairaland is sit down and criticize what ever u see. yall should get a life. buncha retards..!!
this video almost brought tears to my eyes. the song that started playing during the biafran war part(million voices) cry cry . see the English Nigerians spoke back then compared to what we speak now. the cassidy's song they used in introducing abachas part was d.ope cool. see how kaduna nzeogwu explained how they carried out the coup with cadets on live camera. The problems that we faced before Independence are still the same problems we are still facing today. tribalism, nepotism, greed, corruption. There is nothing redundant or pessimistic about this video. this is video is a wake-up call for us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mayOG3WsQ

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Leaked Memo: Buhari Summons Kyari, Oyo-ita After FEC Clash / Nigerian Army Reportedly Arresting IMSU Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.