Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? (18599 Views)

Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain? / Picture: If This Was True, Then Why Is GEJ Running For Presidency Again ? / I Think It Will Be A Long Time Till A Northerner Wins The Presidency Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 04, 2012
Me: YES!!!
Reasons:https://www.nairaland.com/979284/ibrahim-babangida-a.k.a-ibb-evil

https://www.nairaland.com/1121786/records-all-living-ex-leaders-past

https://www.nairaland.com/859122/patriotic-inspirational-leadership-gen-muhammadu

https://www.nairaland.com/792619/pic-obasanjo-getting-slapped-he

https://www.nairaland.com/1099040/nigeria-broken

Our best time is still the era of Buhari if the history lessons GENBUHARI provided is true. Give your reasons why Buhari shouldn't contest. Note: Age, religion and tribe are primitive excuses so please be objective with your reasons.

If your only fear of Buhari is "islamization" of Nigeria, then note that he did not islamize Nigeria when he had totalitarian power so why now that power belongs to the people?

17 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2012
his pATRIOTISM N intergrity is fr sue wt we need as a NATION.

7 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Olaolufred(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2012
I know He has integrity more than any of the PDP cronies.
But people's perception about him is already bad.
He should sit back as a statesman.
He should be in the kingmakers ring.
For presidency, Not many Nigerians will vote him- though I can depending on the other opponents.

6 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by taharqa: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2012
@olumide, u said: 'our best period was unda Buhari presidency..'. Plz, as a student of history myself, wud u be kind enuf to list just 5 'things' or projects he did during d almost 2yrs of dat regime? Thnx

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by courage89(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2012
1. War Against Indiscipline (Clean Nigeria)

2. Reduced inflation from ~20% to ~4%

3. Reduced corruption

4. Facilitated the building of refineries

5. Reduced wasteful spending

25 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by abacus(m): 4:55pm On Dec 04, 2012
courage89: 1. War Against Indiscipline (Clean Nigeria)

3. Reduced corruption

@courage89 many thanks.

@taharqa over to you.

6 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
In a opinion he should not. Nigerians have rejected him three times already and I do not think they will accept him a fourth time. As someone said earlier, he already has a bad image especially in the South and he has done little to change it. People just see him as an Islamist and I cant see the justification.

If he truely means well, he should find a credible person within his party or another party to support - someone more electable than him and who carries his vision. Presidency is not about personal ambition, it is about serving the people and if they have rejected you, then you need to accept it and move on.

I also wouldn't vote for him if he contested. Although he says he will fight corruption, I do not think he has a great understanding of 21st century issues. I personally will not support anyone with a military background as I think we have had enough of them. And we have had enough of GEJ too. Let's see

15 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2012
courage89: 1. War Against Indiscipline (Clean Nigeria)

3. Reduced corruption

Thank you very much..

Olaolufred: I know He has integrity more than any of the PDP cronies.
But people's perception about him is already bad.
He should sit back as a statesman.
He should be in the kingmakers ring.
For presidency, Not many Nigerians will vote him- though I can depending on the other opponents.

Trust me no matter how old Buhari is, as long as his mental capability is good, he is the best man for the Job. Becoming a king maker is something we don't want for our Democracy at all.. Let him contest again! We will start donations.

Given the chance and Buhari comes openly to say he won't islamize Nigeria nor have any intention to do so, will you vote for him?

13 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nashville: In a opinion he should not. Nigerians have rejected him three times already and I do not think they will accept him a fourth time. As someone said earlier, he already has a bad image especially in the South and he has done little to change it. People just see him as an Islamist and I cant see the justification.

If he truely means well, he should find a credible person within his party or another party to support - someone more electable than him and who carries his vision. Presidency is not about personal ambition, it is about serving the people and if they have rejected you, then you need to accept it and move on.

I also wouldn't vote for him if he contested. Although he says he will fight corruption, I do not think he has a great understanding of 21st century issues. I personally will not support anyone with a military background as I think we have had enough of them. And we have had enough of GEJ too. Let's see

You said "South" there is no south! He may have image in states in east and Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers but trust me, the general consensus in the west isn't against Buhari as it stands!

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
0lumide:

You said "South" there is no south! He may have image in states in east and Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers but trust me, the general consensus in the west isn't against Buhari as it stands!

There may not be a South in terms of political ideology but there is a south geographically, and in religion. The general consensus in the West is against Buhari as was evident in the over-whelming support GEJ got in 2011, even though the West voted against PDP in other polls.

I do not think Southern Christians will vote Buhari whichever part of the South. I have a problem more with his military background than his religion. Nigeria does not need administrators, we need leaders and visionaries who can make lasting change and I just cannot see that in Buhari.

8 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Mowire: 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
NO. He's not likely to win. The baba may be a good person but he's just not a politician & does not know politics. You need to know politics to rule successfully in a democracy. &I, personally, think he's become stale.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nashville:

There may not be a South in terms of political ideology but there is a south geographically, and in religion. The general consensus in the West is against Buhari as was evident in the over-whelming support GEJ got in 2011, even though the West voted against PDP in other polls.

I do not think Southern Christians will vote Buhari whichever part of the South. I have a problem more with his military background than his religion. Nigeria does not need administrators, we need leaders and visionaries who can make lasting change and I just cannot see that in Buhari.

The support for Jonathan was sentimental nothing short of that bro.

Your points as to why Buhari can't win are rather very very corrupt. Corrupt in the sense that having someone who has the quality you prescribed doesn't guarantee a true leader.

If you are a south Christian, will you vote for Buhari? given the fact that he has proven himself to be a selfless, corrupt free, economic savvy leader with his track record. If yes, then I doubt you are the only Southern Christian that will vote for him. Bakare is a Christian and I bet you all the people in his church will vote for Buhari though small in number. In the west, Tinubu is a Muslim, so is Fashola and I bet you that didn't stop Christians from voting for him. I doubt Edo people will hug an unsophisticated rejection base on religion.

Don't generalize the south. We aren't the same. Politically, there is no south because ACN has the west, PDP have 99% of the rest. But if Buhari can have the west and North, I think the vote of Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers, Calabar, Enugu etc can't stop him.

Remember if the west didn't vote for GEJ, he wouldn't have won even with east and south south votes.

And about a visionary leader, check Buhari's track record. GEJ wasn't a military leader and here we are still borrowing money and wallowing in corruption.

I swear your post makes me think you hate the man! He has every quality of a leader Nigeria need. At least to lay a strong foundation and pave the way for better leaders.

Buhari 2015

15 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by courage89(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mowire: NO. He's not likely to win. The baba may be a good person but he's just not a politician & does not know politics. You need to know politics to rule successfully in a democracy. &I, personally, think he's become stale.

I disagree with your analogy and conclusion that he "may not win" because "he's not a politician".

We don't need core politician to spearhead the leadership of this country. Why, those core politicians have too many people to settle. And in the means of settling too many people, nothing gets done. That system breathe corruption, create room for nepotism, profligacy, injustice, and all other regressive culture.

Example of that system is what Johnathan is going through right now. The primary reason why nothing has been achieved so far, and nothing will get done before 2015 is that he has too many people to settle. Political Godfathers, election financiers and others.

We need a discipline leader who will not compromise his sense of judgement because of political settlement. Someone who is rigid enough to do the right thing even when all odds are against him. Patriotic leader who will make decision in the interest of the Nigerian masses and not in the interest of our colonial masters. I think Nigerians are ready to elect that person in respective of his state of origin and religious believe.

15 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Sunymoore(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
Y not, thou since when i was a kid i was told that we r d leaders of 2morow, n then buhari was the president, now im capable to be a president but our old leaders still dey. I dnt knw when that '2morow' will come wo.

8 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by otokx(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
He is free to try.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by 3direct: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2012
nope

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by salolo(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
Baba should go and rest and be special adviser to young people please.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by nedu2000(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
Buhari has my vote,the rest ain't revered!!Fashola inclusive
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by manosteel(m): 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2012
NO SIR.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by mmmustapha(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
I think he should 4get it coz those corrupt leaders will not let it happen
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by yinchar(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nashville: In a opinion he should not. Nigerians have rejected him three times already and I do not think they will accept him a fourth time. As someone said earlier, he already has a bad image especially in the South and he has done little to change it. People just see him as an Islamist and I cant see the justification.

Who rejected him, the guy was rigged out of the elections in broad day light, and you kept on saying he was rejected, lets send GEJ packing and no matter how hard the tenure of Buhari might be, its a sacrifice we must all went through for our unborn kids & generation to be proud of their nation called NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by markus1133: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
i guess no
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
Key questions will always follow him:

1) Can people forgive and forget his actions (or lack of ) after his last loss leading to the deaths of Corp members, just because he was bent on winning?
2) Will he or anyone from the core North win when the region is generally seen as supporting BH as a means of gaining back power?
3) Is a 70-73yr old President really the best Nigeria can do, when there are younger people like Fashola (if he can be redeemed from clutches of Tinubu)?
4) Has he really articulated how he intends to fight corruption under a democracy- it's different from ruling by decrees?
5) What's his economic ideas- more privatized or more govt controlled- we need more privatized?

7 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Mekanze: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
0lumide:

The support for Jonathan was sentimental nothing short of that bro.

Your points as to why Buhari can't win are rather very very corrupt. Corrupt in the sense that having someone who has the quality you prescribed doesn't guarantee a true leader.

If you are a south Christian, will you vote for Buhari? given the fact that he has proven himself to be a selfless, corrupt free, economic savvy leader with his track record. If yes, then I doubt you are the only Southern Christian that will vote for him. Bakare is a Christian and I bet you all the people in his church will vote for Buhari though small in number. In the west, Tinubu is a Muslim, so is Fashola and I bet you that didn't stop Christians from voting for him. I doubt Edo people will hug an unsophisticated rejection base on religion.

Don't generalize the south. We aren't the same. Politically, there is no south because ACN has the west, PDP have 99% of the rest. But if Buhari can have the west and North, I think the vote of Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers, Calabar, Enugu etc can't stop him.

Remember if the west didn't vote for GEJ, he wouldn't have won even with east and south south votes.

And about a visionary leader, check Buhari's track record. GEJ wasn't a military leader and here we are still borrowing money and wallowing in corruption.

I swear your post makes me think you hate the man! He has every quality of a leader Nigeria need. At least to lay a strong foundation and pave the way for better leaders.

Buhari 2015
Bros remove meddle belt from the north, because they can never i mean never vote for buhari .

9 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by jbrodaly(m): 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2012
Oga should please contest.Nigeria needs his service

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by courage89(m): 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2012
Nashville:

In the 21st when we're trying to get rid of political godfatherism, you want him to be one. Is that the kind of Nigeria you want?

How has our president with no military background fared in terms of tacking security? How is he doing on corruption?

I could care less, the background of our next leader. What matters to me is their antecendents (based on action) on issues that threathens our collective existence as a country including; corruption, economic policies, profligacy, infrastructure development, education and other progressive issues.
Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Archmed(m): 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2012
If there is one presidential aspirant who can call bluff,who is not coming 4rm a despirate political class,who has no godfather,who has seen it all in Nigerian government and Politics...its BUHARI..he is not perfect..No one Is,but i swear we will be better off with him!

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
Mekanze: Bros remove meddle belt from the north, because they can never i mean never vote for buhari .

When you say middle belt, which states won't vote for him in middle belt so we can check who they voted for in the 2011 elections. Don't generalize with sentiments.

TroGunn: Key questions will always follow him:

Can people forgive and forget his actions (or lack of ) after his last loss leading to the deaths of Corp members, just because he was bent on winning?
Will he or anyone from the core North win when the region is generally seen as supporting BH as a means of gaining back power?
Is a 70-73yr old President really the best Nigeria can do, when there are younger people like Fashola (if he can be redeemed from clutches of Tinubu)?
Has he really articulated how he intends to fight corruption under a democracy- it's different from ruling by decrees?
What's his economic ideas- more privatized or more govt controlled- we need more privatized?

Did he tell people to go out and fight? Did he tell them to go and kill people? People got mad because election got rigged and I bet you those folks in the creeks would have done worst if Jonathan wasn't declared winner.

73 or 80 can he perform? His track records are still there for all to see and judge. I read his track record and believe the best option Nigeria can have is him for now!

You your self said if Fashola can be redeemed from Tinubu. How about someone that doesn't need redemption and owes no one a political favour? Do you love Nigeria, do you want her to survive? Another tenure of corruption in any sector of Nigeria is the end!

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by Mavrick2012: 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
Lets assume buhari is as clean as a saint(in terms of curuptm):he stil nid ppl who wil man d various ministries,where wil he fetch dem 4m?d moon?no.stil witin dis corupt system?i dnt buy d idea dat buhari can islamize dis contraptn(though he may atempt/try).i agree dat d cause of our chalanges is leadership bt d solutn can hardly emanate 4m a singl individual because d system is absolutly curupt(i mean coruptn has eaten dip in2 evry sector of our natn)even obama,clinton,mandela,jesus,muhamed,budda (name dem)al put 2geda canot solv our problem wit d standin structure.wat we nid is to restructure d system such dat evry state,region or zone wil b self reliant instead of dependin on oil money.by dis,d far north wil dust their farmland,d middle-belt wil go bak to their rich solid mineral deposits n farmland,d east wil look in d directn of palm,west wil recomence cocoa productn.al these wil tend to triga d economy to trow up jobs theirby reducin joblesnes, lazines,vagabonds,poverty,terorist,coruptn etc.did i hear sombody say "we stil need a good leader to actualize al dis"? By d time d man in sokoto knows dat no more oil money he wil definatly THINK by lookin witin.dem no dey tel blind man say rain dey fall.

4 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by sweetrace(f): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
Idiagbon was the driving force behind the Buhari administration.

3 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by DaLover(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
Bihari is now a reference point for Islamist in this country, they look to him as a source of inspiration, he may not actively encourage them but imagine the belief and renewed vigor the Islamist would get if Buhari becomes president.

Secondly, lets ask ourselves how Buhari has run his party? How well and efficiently has he run a democratic institution? How well has he built a consensus amongst its leaders? Has he been able to build a party that attracts Nigerians with sterling leadership qualities, how have the CPc controlled lgas and states fared? Have they started casting wealth? Or still depending like leaches on Niger delta ol money?

Please I don't want to talk further cos I am getting really pissed

6 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Contest For Presidency Again In 2015? by DaLover(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
0lumide:

When you say middle belt, which states won't vote for him in middle belt so we can check who they voted for in the 2011 elections. Don't generalize with sentiments.

Did he tell people to go out and fight? Did he tell them to go and kill people? People got mad because election got rigged and I bet you those folks in the creeks would have done worst if Jonathan wasn't declared winner.

73 or 80 can he perform? His track records are still there for all to see and judge. I read his track record and believe the best option Nigeria can have is him for now!

You your self said if Fashola can be redeemed from Tinubu. How about someone that doesn't need redemption and owes no one a political favour? Do you love Nigeria, do you want her to survive? Another tenure of corruption in any sector of Nigeria is the end!

There was a national jubilation when Buhari was over thrown..check that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Woman Dies In Katsina While On Queue To Vote / 2023: How Southwest Schemes To Take Over Power – Senator Ogunlewe / Peter Obi Reacts To Stampede, Death Of Students In Nasarawa Univ, Keffi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.