Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. (8250 Views)

Ojogbane Adegbe Explains His Role In N10b Gift For PDP Chiefs- The Nation / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Buhari Explains His Reasons For Crying During The Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by fatdon2(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2012
The Will of Ikemba Nnewi and Ezeigbo Gburu-gburu, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu which was read weekend before members of his family at the probate registry of the Enugu state High Court has been described as sacrosanct.

This assertion was made in a press interview in his Enugu chambers, yesterday, by Chief Emeka Onyemelukwe, the personal lawyer and close associate and confidant of the late leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) who passed on in a London hospital Nov 24, 2011.

He said the clarification became necessary in view of some uncomplimentary media reports attributed to some members of the Ojukwu dynasty including one of the sons, Emeka Jnr.

He said that the will was registered in the Enugu High Court on July 9, 2005, while the codicil which was to give details and correct any mistakes in the will was dated Dec 16, 2009.

Tendering various documents, most of them legal papers and court briefs and motions where he was copiously authorized and mandated to draft, sign and or represent the late sage in courts and at other such important occasions, Onyemelukwe stated that he has been close to him since his return from exile in Ivory Coast many years ago. That virtually all Ojukwu’s legal papers remain in his custody till date, including those of properties and chattels willed to Emeka Jnr who now claimed he never knew him as his father’s lawyer or friend.

He described Emeka’s assertion that he did not know him as unfortunate, “even when I was the Master of Ceremony at his wedding to the daughter of Chief Cyprian Ekwensi, the late literary giant, in the early 90s”. He saw such claim as that of a baby adult who may never grow up.

The lawyer also debunked Emeka’s claim that Bianca, the young wife to his late father apparently had a fore knowledge of the contents of the Will when she sent some aides to move away her personal belongings from the Nnewi house that was eventually willed to him ahead of the disclosure last Friday, Nov 30, 2012. He said that ahead of the Nov 25, 2012 family thanksgiving at Nnewi, Bianca sent some of her aides to clean the house but they were seized and beaten up mercilessly and detained by Emeka.

It took the intervention of the larger Ojukwu family and other illustrious sons of Anambra who sued for peace. So, immediately after the event, she decided to move her belongings to another of the many other buildings within premises, to avert further crises and show of shame.

Engr Mark Ezemba, one of the witnesses to the will was Ojukwu’s Bestman during his wedding with Bianca; While Justice Iguh was chairman at the wedding reception of Ojukwu Jnr.

Onyemelukwe was very emphatic that no other person knew or saw the contents of the will before it was read last week. He said that in the course of drawing up the will, he reminded Ikemba on about two occasions to remember his son Emeka. That Ikemba said he had already handed over to him a money spinning multi-storey building with shops and offices known as No 26, Sokoto Rd, adjacent to Onitsha Main Market to him, just as he had bequeathed 7 Forrest Crescent, Ekulu GRA Enugu and the other property at Jabi, Abuja as gifts to his wife Bianca.

Ikemba said that since he gave all his older children the best foreign education possible, he would made it possible to give the younger ones from Bianca similar opportunity.

Counterring also the claim that Emeka was not informed about the date for the reading of the will, Onyemelukwe tendered three different text messages to Emeka’s three different active telephone lines, “The will is to be read at the High Court Enugu, at 8.30am, note the change of time, which was due to other engagements of the Chief Registrar…”, “Please remember the reading of your late father’s Will on Friday, Nov 30, 2012 at 10am, at the Probate registry, High Court, Enugu. Kindly inform your brother Okigbo and Mimi”, “Emeka, please be informed that your father’s Will will be read on Nov 30, 2012.

www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/41695/2012/12/04/ojukwus_lawyer_explains_his_will.html
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by fatdon2(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by UncleJJ(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2012
GAME OVER - BIANCA WAKA DEY GO

It is evident, that Emeka is a greedy man. Which is natural for anyone with "eastern blood" in his viens.

His dad gave him , the family house and another building, and a well respected family name that can open doors in any government parastatals.

Emeka get up and go to Abuja use your fathers name and hustle for the money you so desire. Stop dragging your fathers name in the mud.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by alajor(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2012
Dat emeka shld stop messing wit my bianca b4 I send thunder to fire him. Greedy fool.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Wendyslim(f): 9:37am On Dec 04, 2012
Why is emeka so selfish; wat if his father is not wealthy wont he move on with life? If he is wise dat landed property he has is enuf for him for the rest of his life. Bianka carry go dats wat u can enjoy for marring a man as old as ur fathersad

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by MhizLee(f): 9:38am On Dec 04, 2012
5th to comment. cheesy
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by adora4u1: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2012
Oh, so dis Emeka got property from his father and he is still lamenting! He's just jealous cos his father married such a beautiful woman! He wishes he could perform that old tradition of marrying his late father's wife! Oh boy, sorry! Bianca is out of your reach! Get over it and get a life!!!! grin
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by obicentlis: 9:43am On Dec 04, 2012
As aN Igbo,i doubt that Will. How can you Will all you ve to ya wife,na wa o,
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by ARareGem(f): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmm. . .
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by princeFAD: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2012
I dont understand why this has to make a front page.May be Seun is going to have a share in the WILL.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Basic(m): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2012
I think that Emeka is just jealous and embittered over the huge portion of Ojukwu's property bequeathed to Bianca.

Of course, a son from a first wife usually hates his father second wife, especially a much younger one. It's natural.

His animosity towards Bianca must have started long before Ikemba's death.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by obi123: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2012
obicentlis: As aN Igbo,i doubt that Will. How can you Will all you ve to ya wife,na wa o,

so who pray tell who should he have willed it to? the son abi ? then what happens to Bianca and her young kids? they dont deserve anything abi? they dont deserve to be taken care of?
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by ACM10: 9:54am On Dec 04, 2012
Another classical case of greediness. If Emeka gets everything, what will be left for Bianca's four children?
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by lacidi: 9:55am On Dec 04, 2012
obicentlis: As aN Igbo,i doubt that Will. How can you Will all you ve to ya wife,na wa o,
What do you mean by all he has. He gave his wife the houses they built and lived together in Enugu and Abuja. Does that translate to all he had? The irony is that the Enugu house is even called Casabianca. Emeka got a major commercial building in Onitcha. Go and check how much he makes from that house per annum. He also got the family house in Nnewi. You seem not to realise that Bianca's kids are still young and still have to go to school. Emeka was given the best foreign education by his Dad, so why can't his siblings have the same quality of education?
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by jaymdee(m): 9:56am On Dec 04, 2012
This issue about Ojukwu's Will is a family thing. We've come to discuss it as if it holds the key to any of our country's problem. Let's leave them to handle it, please.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by ACM10: 9:58am On Dec 04, 2012
You are not an Igbo. Stop faking it. Do you know that Bianca has four tenage kids? How will they survive in the absence of their dad? I'm disappointed that Emeka is scrambling for his dad's properties. He should take a rest. You can't get everything you desire. He should think about Bianca and her kids survival. He should accommodate them.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by mmmustapha(m): 9:59am On Dec 04, 2012
When father die his sons have greater shares dan d wives/wife no matter how close they r to decease, me self I dnt believe with dis 'will' bianca most have bribe his lawyers
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by garrigangster: 10:09am On Dec 04, 2012
Some stone age reasoning on display from you.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2012
Have you forgotten that bianca also have kids for ojukwu? Bianca is fighting for her kids not even herself.Emeka should stop being greedie and work to make his own money.
mmmustapha: When father die his sons have greater shares dan d wives/wife no matter how close they r to decease, me self I dnt believe with dis 'will' bianca most have bribe his lawyers
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2012
Mhiz Lee: 5th to comment. cheesy
really ??!!are you a part time imbe-cile or a full time one or are you commenting dis just to make us angry.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by tinuolababy(f): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2012
lacidi:
What do you mean by all he has. He gave his wife the houses they built and lived together in Enugu and Abuja. Does that translate to all he had? The irony is that the Enugu house is even called Casabianca. Emeka got a major commercial building in Onitcha. Go and check how much he makes from that house per annum. He also got the family house in Nnewi. You seem not to realise that Bianca's kids are still young and still have to go to school. Emeka was given the best foreign education by his Dad, so why can't his siblings have the same quality of education?
well said.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Maxymilliano(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2012
Enough of this public opprobrium, can somebody tell this Ojukwu sons to get a job... get a life?
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by REVOLUTNIS: 10:49am On Dec 04, 2012
UncleJJ: GAME OVER - BIANCA WAKA DEY GO

It is evident, that Emeka is a greedy man. Which is natural for anyone with "eastern blood" in his viens.

His dad gave him , the family house and another building, and a well respected family name that can open doors in any government parastatals.

Emeka get up and go to Abuja use your fathers name and hustle for the money you so desire. Stop dragging your fathers name in the mud.

God bless u sir...........
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Kristaz(m): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2012
Emeka Jnr. should shut up and accept the Will.He was given the best foreign education and a money spinning multi storey building with over 30 lock-up shops near Onitsha Main market.His late father made him a commissioner in Anambra State under Gov.Obi's first tenure.Why is he dragging his family's name in d mud?He should be preoccupied with what he will leave behind for his own children...not fighting dirty over his father's property or maltreating his father's widow.Thank you Chief Emeka Onyemelukwe for this clarification.
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Willy7(m): 11:29am On Dec 04, 2012
Ever since this will was read and d subsequent revelations about d true first son,i've been looking at this emeka of a boy as been greedy and uncultured.He has conspired with others and even bianca to shut d other Man (Debe) out,and now reality is facing him.He should be grateful that his dad left such a money spinning building for him,and even bequethed d family house to him at d expense of d true first son.So far its Debe that have displayed d maturity and decorum of a first son via his words and body language,eventhough he comes across as someone trying so hard to be heard and seen as closest to d dad.I do understand his fraustrations though.Ikemba really fall my hands as regards that guy's issue.No matter what,he should've atleast recognised him as his first seed.Im sure if he had done it,this emeka boy wont be displaying his greediness and immaturity as has been d case.I really feel for that Debe guy.May God give him a name and take away this reproach,shame and humiliation put on him via family conspiracy.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 04, 2012
This issue is not greediness. It's pride cos I knw many multi billion naira contract GEJ gave Emeka and made Biaca an Ambassador
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2012
I wished Ojukwu had left a video recording stating how he wanted his possessions to be shared.

If there was one, maybe these issues won't arise.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Lasinoh: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
So what of the house in Ikoyi that was given to his 'Awusa' daughter?
Where is DEBE'S OWN?
The will na rubbish.
Useless man! IGBO PHOCKAHOLIC-POLYGAMOUS CATHOLIC! grin
You left out your other children in favor of your 'test-tube' designer 'pokor-pokor'-looking agricultural fowls babies huh? cheesy

YOU FORGET SOME OF YOUR CHILDREN. . .and think your 'bed-warmer' aka Native-Beauty Bianca will have peace after your death?
You have only succeeded in jeopardizing the futures of Bianca's young children. The will remain scorned by their older siblings.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NEWS. . . . No amount of political ashawoism will save Bianca from the wrath of those Ojukwu's childen who are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY older than Bianca herself. She wanno chop property abi? Make she come from Spain come chop! cheesy

As a concubine transformed to 'legal polygamous Catholic Igbo wife'. . . her role is to unite ALL members of the family as a REAL WISE "LOLO". Oh Nooooooo! This wan siddon for dia dey suck old blokos to get inheritance! NOW, SHE GO KNOW SAY. . . pickin be pickin. . . .Even after she departs this Earth. . . those her 'test-tube' babies will be eaten alive by the Ojukwu clan. . . .

Watch out!. . . .The saga continues from generation to generation.

USEEEEEEEEEELESS POOHSIE-WHIPPED OLD GOAT! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrTNZlaVOGc

Thank my agnostic GOD for fathers like mine! Lessons to YOU POOHSIE-CRAZY NIGERIAN MEN OUT THERE. . . .Pickin na pickin. . . test-tube babies or not! YOU BETTER INCLUDE ALL CHILDREN IN YOUR WILL ESPECIALLY IF MOST OF YOUR CHILDREN ARE OLDER THAN YOUR BED-WARMER "AISHA-BIANCA"-SHARIA-CATHOLIC WIFE OF OLD AGE! grin
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Clairette(f): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2012

Primitive talk
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Lasinoh: 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
Only a stoopid man will will all he has to his wife. . . .and leave his children out!
But we are talking OJUKWU here. . . .toto has always made him DRUNK!
That will is NONSENSE!
Na Bianca write am! kiss
Useeeeeeeeeeless woman! grin
Make she come back from Spain, reach Nnewi. . . with those her 'toddlers'! cheesy
I hope GEJ will give her enough JTF soldiers to protect her useless azzze?
Shioooooooooooooooor!!!
Woman wey nor get sense! Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! angry
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by texazzpete(m): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
Lasinoh: Only a stoopid man will will all he has to his wife. . . .and leave his children out!
But we are talking OJUKWU here. . . .toto has always made him DRUNK!
That will is NONSENSE!
Na Bianca write am! kiss
Useeeeeeeeeeless woman! grin
Make she come back from Spain, reach Nnewi. . . with those her 'toddlers'! cheesy
I hope GEJ will give her enough JTF soldiers to protect her useless azzze?
Shioooooooooooooooor!!!
Woman wey nor get sense! Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!! angry

grin grin grin

You know, I have been a big fan of your work for years now...but I hope you have a flame retardant suit. They will come for you very soon cheesy
Re: Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. by Lasinoh: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2012
texazzpete:

grin grin grin

You know, I have been a big fan of your work for years now...but I hope you have a flame retardant suit. They will come for you very soon cheesy

Make dem tryam ke!
I dey wait them gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!! The end of the year is very slow for moi. . . I got lots of free time and energy. grin
Ever-ready! cool Abi I carry 'pure water' for mouth dey tok?
How can a man write a will and leave SOME OF HIS CHILDREN OUT BECAUSE OF A DAMN POOHSIE? angry
Which kain will is that? So na only Bianca be the first to born 'test-tube babies' abi na children. . . wey make face 'pokor-poko' like 'agric fowls'? cheesy
Very annoying!

Thanks *fan* wink

Tribute to Ojukwu. . . the original 'CONGO MAN'! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mypahds8y4

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Without Underwear(photo) / World Bank Officials And Chinese Investors Visit Senate / $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.