Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! (609 Views)

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Cultural Office / Sösö Ndi Igbo: Biko Gini Bu Aha Obodo Gi Na Aha Igbo Gi? / Celebrating Ndi-igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! by nwapastor: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2012
Just wondering aloud: Why is it that it is hard to find a town without ndi Igbo no matter how remote or developed the town is both in Nigeria n if am not mistaken abroad? Ndi Igbo ibe m what made us scatter this much?
Re: Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! by Abagworo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
Explorers
Re: Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! by tpia1: 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
You like mixing with others.
Re: Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! by odumchi: 2:08am On Dec 05, 2012
I asked myself this question recently. The other day, I attended a mass service in a small suburb in the United States and as I took a look at the mass program, I saw, clearly written, Fr. C. Anyanwu. For some reason, I chuckled to myself.

Anyway, I think the reason why we Igbo are so widespread is because our culture(s) place(s) a high value on personal achievement and self-worth. Therefore, we all try our best to succeed and "make it" even if it means traveling thousands of miles from our hometowns in search of opportunities that would be otherwise unavailable to us.

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! by nwapastor: 3:51am On Dec 09, 2012
^ well said. Let's remember home once in a while

1 Like

Re: Ndi Igbo, Any Where You Go! by Afam4eva(m): 8:07am On Dec 09, 2012
odumchi: I asked myself this question recently. The other day, I attended a mass service in a small suburb in the United States and as I took a look at the mass program, I saw, clearly written, Fr. C. Anyanwu. For some reason, I chuckled to myself.

Anyway, I think the reason why we Igbo are so widespread is because our culture(s) place(s) a high value on personal achievement and self-worth. Therefore, we all try our best to succeed and "make it" even if it means traveling thousands of miles from our hometowns in search of opportunities that would be otherwise unavailable to us.
I doubt if this culture of travelling in search of opportunities existed prior to the civil war. I see it as one of the behaviors that came with the hardship post Biafra.

@topic
Igbos don't travel to a place necessarily because it's better than where they're coming from. They go to these places because it presents them a unique opportunity.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Tribalism So Rampant Among Nigerians??? / Ring On The Thumb:what Does It Signifies? / Which Regulatory Body Can One Report Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.