Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:39 AM

Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss (9647 Views)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? / Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by jdsage(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2012
Discussion:
Share your views,
open to anyone irrespective of your religion/culture/church/tribe)ect.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Abagworo(m): 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2012
Fiction
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
As a Pagan Traditionalist, i believe in reincarnation. it makes sense and is very closely related to the 1st Law of Physics.

i certainly cant take in any heaven/hell bull****. these are all fairytales and ki :Pds stories. .

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by mimima(f): 8:42am On Dec 05, 2012
How?Please expantiate
Abagworo: Fiction
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by ifyalways(f): 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
I don't .given that I now understood the "secret and explanation" of abiku/ogbanje theories.

What comes back, btw? The spirit takes on a new flesh or the flesh gets a new spirit?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by jdsage(m): 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
If you say its fictious, pls back it up wrt BC or AD. we need prove in the house pls.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
ifyalways: I don't .given that I now understood the "secret and explanation" of abiku/ogbanje theories.

What comes back, btw? The spirit takes on a new flesh or the flesh gets a new spirit?

obivously the spirit. the flesh gets decomposed/disintegrated.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by ifyalways(f): 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

obivously the spirit. the flesh gets decomposed/disintegrated.
If the spirits can reincarnate then why do we acknowledge ancestors,pour libations to our fore fathers,claim spirits of our dead loved ones visit/appear to us

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2012
ifyalways: If the spirits can reincarnate then why do we acknowledge ancestors,pour libations to our fore fathers,claim spirits of our dead lived ones visit/appear to us

I'm not saying I believe either concept(reincarnation and spirits visiting) .

we acknowledge their deeds and their spirit imprint. the point is that the concept of spiritism is very diverse. genrally it is so that the spirit reincarnates according to the law of conservation. however an imprint is left behind which is what generally stays back as a guiding force in the natural material world. it is this that we honor.

a part of this imprint lies within you. you are a direct material product of this ancestor. you share the same blood and genetic heritage . therefore a part of the spiritual force remains attached to the material one. all of this comes under the category of the dissipiated fraction.

the same case with your ancestral home, lands , etc. a part of the spirit remains attached to the material world to which the spirit has been associated with. i think from this comes the origin of "haunted" places or spirit-inhabited places. you get the feeling when you are there.

for example, whenever i visit my ancestral home, i get this overwhelming protective sense and of that as if i have left some part here. it is almost sacred infact. it is hard to describe. .

this is like physics. when you heat a beaker of water. most of the heat is transferred to the water. however some of the heat energy, a small fraction, is lost to the surrounding and dissipiated.

i have also noticed very close similarities on material physics and spiritual physics. almost the same , in fact. i will be writing a thesis on this.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by jdsage(m): 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
No disscusions?
Is this indirectly trying to say no one in Nigeria has a practical experience of this word "REINCARNATION",with respect to family relatives/friends or stories being told.
Pls let's have a better View and insight of this word "REINCARNATION" as it affects us on a personal note, so we all can learn. thank you all.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 16, 2012
Part of me believes in it.
Part of me don't. tongue

It's like some souls i believe recycle.
Every generation will have it's Hitler, Mother Teresa, Obama, Jesus, etc.

But then one must ask, if this is the case, then how could one explain the billions of people who are now here, but not before?

how is it possible to go from 2 billion to 7+ billion if reincarnation is real?

Who knows? undecided All I know is, I don't want to come back! tongue
Unless God has rebuilt the Earth and I can come back as an ancient person. grin

8 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by ifyalways(f): 5:59am On Dec 16, 2012
^rofl

@topic, so where does the spirit stay till its reincarnated?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 17, 2012
ifyalways: ^rofl

lol what did i say? grin
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by odumchi: 3:15am On Dec 17, 2012
The Igbo believe in reincarnation (ilo uwa). It is a significant part of our culture because it coincides with our belief that, through Ali (the earth), all things are naturally recycled and reincorporated into the cosmic order.

The way people tell whether or not someone is a reincarnation of an ancestor is through their behavior (akparamagwa). I, myself, am believed to be the reincarnation of my grandfather (who died before I was born) because, a an infant, I knew how to navigate myself in his house: I even found several of his items that others had been unable to find for years.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
to be honest, i think anything is possible except proven otherwise

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by sylve11: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
Don't have strength to type many, but believe me u, reincarnation is for real. cool

@ op, the bible quote on "what a man soul, he reaps defines it proper."

@ obiadiah777 where are thou? Pls u knw u like typing, pls come do justice to this topic. cool
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by claremont(m): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
No, I don't believe in it. I believe the human body has an expiry date, and it expires in full when it reaches that date. I don't believe in such things like reincarnation, golden unicorn, talking snakes, burning bushes e.t.c. They are tales-by-moonlight stories.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Abyjah: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
Yes, if I'll reincarnate as the president of America. Else, thanks for the offer but I'll pass.

Only one existence is enough for me to talk about Jesus.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Troll: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=13pt]Yes I Do!!! I'm One Reincarnated Murthafucka!!! tongue[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by olivegirl(f): 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
ifyalways: I don't .given that I now understood the "secret and explanation" of abiku/ogbanje theories.

. De w0rd means messenger daf repeated his assignment. 0n an0da flesh. Spirit never die. S0uls d0.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by warrior101: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ezekiel 18:4, "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 9:10, "What so ever, thy hand finds to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, wither thou goest."

I do not believe in reincarnation but to think there isn't a consciousness beyond our perceived consciousness is stupid, arrogant, and ignorant.
I hate articles that only give a portion of death, those opinions are only given because they are the opinions given to the vast majority who can't handle the true nature of everything. We don't exist at all, we are just mere reflections of perfect ideas. There are parallel universes that we can perceive by just being able to see other choices that we can make. We are in one parallel universe, there is no free-will as control over our lives is an illusion, simply because nature is running it's course. We are just one of the infinite possibilities manifesting itself.

Also this death/reincarnation thing is primitive, and it blows my mind how we are still pondering our existence, and that egoistic selfish people actually think they have a purpose. From and omniscient perspective, no one has a purpose, other than to divulge in egoistic pleasures, such as food, sex, relationships, and pure selfishness. Thinking your purpose is to reproduce (for example) is selfish. Everything you want or desire is egoistic & selfishness. To be ungrateful is equivalent to a realization when one comes to terms with his insignificance. There is no free will, there is only fate, that has been, always will be, nature running its course. Control is an illusion.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by rodeo0070(m): 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
I don't know if I believe in Reincarnation or not.
Here's is a link that proves a Reincarnation:
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1209795/Reincarnated-Our-son-World-War-II-pilot-come-life.html

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Abali1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
As a Christain I don't/shouldn't believe in it.
But when I was a kid, some people from my fathers family believe that I am a reincarnation of my grandfather.
Reason: there are certain marks at different strategic places on my body that gives them that idea. Till date, some of my fathers people still call me Dede (the title used in addressing my grandfather).
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
In as much as I hate sounding dogmatic,I do beleieve in it.I ve dis little boil on my head since birth and my GM told me few yrs ago that I was reincarnated.She said her cousin,a gurl who is ving mental issue use to live with her as a teen.She was always octracised by friends and family cos she smells really bad.My GM went on to state that my fatheras a little boy back then was the only person that was pretty much around her and she loves him as much too.This lady died at 23 orso,and my GM remembered her always shouting(whenever she was beaten)that she will soon be a beautiful girl,with her own mind,and rich husband and no one will ever make her feel less than human again.Well I came back to my father not as his aunt but as a daugther!(So I was told)and up till now I wonder y I have more than 23 designers perfume at 24!or why I am respected by friends and family too much that my opinions are highly regarded...so many other things too that I can't mention...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by bojar(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
If you believed in re-incarnation, then your tombstone should read "BRB" and not "RIP"

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by trent9002(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
Technically, yes. The atoms present in your body recycle when you die.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Jazzgreen(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
In my family,wen my mum is pregnant,prior to delivery,she dreams of one dead relativ comin to the house and tellin her dat he/she(the relativ) is comin. So wen she givs birth,she says its dat person she saw dat reincarnated.jst lik in my case.she saw my grandpa comin,wen she gav birth to me,she said im d reincarnate of my grandpa. But it was in my senior sister's case dat really struck everybody, wen she was pregnant,she saw my gr8 grand mother comin.actually,my gr8 grand mother suffered one disease which she died wit. Now,wen my sister was born,she also had dat same diseas,my grand mother confirmed it cos it was her mother.but tank God it was treated by some men of God. Also,in my junior sister's case,my mum dreamt of my martanal grand mum comin.now,accordin to my mum,one of my aunts hated dat my grandmum.now wen my little sister was born,wen eva dat particular aunt tries to carry her,she starts crying uncontrollably,bt once some1 else takes d baby from dat aunt,d baby stops cryin immediately.this continued till a man of God prayed for reconcilation btw dem.eva since den.she no longer cries wen d aunt carries her. So dats how we belived in reincarnation. But now,some jehova witnesses are tellin me its impossible to reincarnate. I was very confused d day they told of dat. I asked them wat about the case of Elijah being john the baptist. I still need a clear explanation on dat question i asked them. They didnt really answer it clear.if another witness is here pls educate of more. And also an explanation of my sisters case wit the dream of my mother Cos i still beliv in reincarnation seein wat happened in our family
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by folanaira: 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
odumchi: The Igbo believe in reincarnation (ilo uwa). It is a significant part of our culture because it coincides with our belief that, through Ali (the earth), all things are naturally recycled and reincorporated into the cosmic order.

The way people tell whether or not someone is a reincarnation of an ancestor is through their behavior (akparamagwa). I, myself, am believed to be the reincarnation of my grandfather (who died before I was born) because, a an infant, I knew how to navigate myself in his house: I even found several of his items that others had been unable to find for years.

That is an interesting response.
I recently learned that these human spirits who have accomplished great things such as Einstein, Steve Jobs, Isaac Newton etc come back and pick up where they left off.
It got me thinking that we can perhaps infere that some of these are the same human spirit. Perhaps Newton continued his work as Einstein? And if/when we see someone pickup where Einstein left off we can perhaps make direct inference there.

I use Einstein as a marker because until today, physicist still study his work and no one has a firm grasp/understanding of some of his most important work such as relativity, space-time etc. So, if another appears and not only understands but furthers this work.... well, you can kinda conclude for yourself.

Please note that these are my personal thoughts and inferences: I have no proof of who Einstein was in a previous life.

Using similar logic, i also think that Napoleon continued his campaign as Hitler. And another coming of this human spirit may happen yet again and we can affirm his identity in his work because he may rise to prominence and again sway his people (whoever they are this time around) down a similar 'wrong' path.

I welcome thoughts/comments. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Libkid(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
I just kinda of believe it cos its a widely acclaimed fact in my hometown.according to my mum and other members of my family i am the reincarnation of my mum sibling who died in an accident.believe me they gat a great evidence to prove anyfin when it comes to reincarnation
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by madamebebe(f): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Hailedin9ja: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
Discussion: Share your views, open to anyone irrespective of your religion/culture/church/tribe)ect.

Do you?

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation: Discuss by Mightyify(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2012
elijah beheaded the prophets of baal nd when he reincarnated as john d baptist his head was beheaded. Thats reincarnation!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Excuse Me, Why Are The Yorubas So Dominance And Effective In 9ja & Abroad? / Please What Is The Meaning Of Nekwa And Inukwa / African Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.