Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped (33629 Views)

20 pictures you really need to look at to Understand / 20 Pictures That Looks Photoshopped But Actually Real / See Incredible Photoshopped Image Of The Mavin Crew, Buhari, Banky W & Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2012

These laughably fake-looking tree men are in fact made using a technique called tree shaping. The trees are bound and grafted as they grow, forming them into all kinds of ridiculous shapes.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by chux76(m): 8:44am On Dec 05, 2012
Rapmoney: @ Poster,
u must be a real jobless fellow!
How do you explain the fact that these pictures are not Photoshopped?

Who is more jobless?? The OP or you who took the time to scroll down and view all the pics,Be civilized in ur comments,if you do not believe d pics..jump am pass...mtchewwww
@OP..Nice pics

3 Likes

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 05, 2012

These bags by Jump from Paper look like giant stickers, but as you can see from the 360-degree animation on their site, these are real bags that you can store stuff in. It appears someone's made a purse for the man on the go who wants to look like he splits time between our world of three dimensions and a brightly colored two-dimensional illustration.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by chux76(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2012
freecocoa: Shebi if I say make thunder fire you now, them go say I too get bad mouth.
I leave you to God.

But u don curse am already..so he has no case 2 ansa wit God... grin grin
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2012

The above image is not a combination of two images fused together. That is in fact one photo, of the The Pasha Bulker, a ship that famously ran aground in 2007 within spitting distance of that little Australian community there. The accident was due to bad weather while the captain was "eating breakfast." Apparently it became quite a tourist attraction, with people traveling from all over to see the massive stuck ship and perhaps hoping it was about to spill several million gallons of Fosters.
Learn more here.

1 Like

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2012

This seemingly faked photo can easily be explained away as sorcery. Unfortunately, it's actually a street performer named Johan Lorbeer, who stands in a harness hanging from a fake arm that's attached to the building.

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 05, 2012

These are Mammatus clouds, aptly named for their resemblance to udders.
It's still not well understood how they actually form, so in a sense, these sky-butts represent the cutting edge in our meteorological knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Coldfaya(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2012
Ardenb:

The last picture has got to be really photoshopped otherwise how come the cables are so taunt, I mean aren't they supposed to be hanging low??

Exactly. Thought I was alone. D d weight of d half pole should at least mk d wire sag a lil!
Great shots tho.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by agitator: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2012
Ardenb:

The last picture has got to be really photoshopped otherwise how come the cables are so taunt, I mean aren't they supposed to be hanging low??

Cables on poles are supposed to be anchored at two ends while the supporting poles are meant for just support, not to bear the weight of the cables. Cables installed before independence followed this principle, one reason there was less sparking of consumer cables. The ones installed by NEPA/Power Holding of recent, the supporting poles bear the weight, that is why you see too much sagging of power lines and breakage of High Voltage lines wooden support bars. This results to the cables sagging and touching due to a rise in temperature.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by tigerleggs(m): 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
fellis:
This looks like the kind of shitty crop-and-paste job you'd see on the Photoshop Disasters site. In fact these dogs live in the Philippines, and were born without front legs.
Despite the fact that it looks like the poor guys would topple over the moment they tried to wag their tails, it is apparently possible for dogs to live normal lives this way, using their strong hind legs to perfectly straddle the line between cute and terrifying.

Click here for more
These must be doggaroes.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by tigerleggs(m): 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
fellis:
This looks like the kind of shitty crop-and-paste job you'd see on the Photoshop Disasters site. In fact these dogs live in the Philippines, and were born without front legs.
Despite the fact that it looks like the poor guys would topple over the moment they tried to wag their tails, it is apparently possible for dogs to live normal lives this way, using their strong hind legs to perfectly straddle the line between cute and terrifying.

Click here for more
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Flygerian1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Wow! Wonderful! Want more!
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by agitator: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Some though real are just puzzling.

1 Like

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2012

This quite frankly tacky landscape is the Danxia Landform, located in southeast China and widely known as the world's largest naturally formed acid flashback.
That eruption of color is what you get when you have layers of mineral-rich red sandstone and other layers of sediment that were formed over millions of years, then tossed around by shifting tectonic plates and finally eroded by wind and water. So stop and appreciate it, it took a lot of work.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2012

What looks like a screen cap from a CGI-heavy soft drink commercial is actually a real, not-manipulated photograph. And no, those aren't posed ant corpses with a bottle cap hot glued to their tiny hands. It's from a series of images that photographer Andrey Pavlov took outside his house, after studying and then making an art project out of a real live ant colony. He's a former set designer, which allowed him to make some pretty incredible sets for the ants to interact with in the most stereotypically industrious ways possible.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2012

This is a real photograph taken of real goats in Morroco.
When food became sparse on the ground, the hoofed creatures simply learned to climb trees. Pretty cool, though we'd imagine it loses some of its luster the first time you park under a tree and your car gets crapped on by a goat.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 06, 2012

While it's not Photoshop, it's not a real traffic signal either. It's a sculpture found in a roundabout in England.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 06, 2012

What appears to be a simple application of the "blinds" effect in Photoshop is actually the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum, decorated for the Dali exhibit and to terrify passers-by.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 06, 2012

These bizarre, lens shaped lenticular clouds form in upward gusts of wind that naturally occur around mountains. These winds, known as "wave lifts," are so powerful that sail plane pilots have used them to glide 1,864 miles without a motor.
Venticular clouds are often mistaken for UFOs.

1 Like

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2012

This humongous table and chair is a sculpture in England. The artist wanted to build a monument to the privacy and loneliness of writing.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2012
tigerleggs: These must be doggaroes.

yes. That's what dogs like that are called.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by hakunamatata1: 9:36am On Dec 08, 2012
[quote author=fellis] @hakuna matata, nice picture, the architechture of developed countries can be very amazing.

....my brother, & breath-taking too.
theirs is a world were bldings are designed puerly for visual satisfaction & symbolic expression.
but here, every brief i get from everybody is always bedeviled with the 'cost cosideration' tag. ...just to boost their own corrupt share.
& that is the reason y our landscape lack world class icons...
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 08, 2012
....my brother, & breath-taking too.
theirs is a world were bldings are designed puerly for visual satisfaction & symbolic expression.
but here, every brief i get from everybody is always bedeviled with the 'cost cosideration' tag. ...just to boost their own corrupt share.
& that is the reason y our landscape lack world class icons...

You're an architect? Cool.
Unfortunately for you architects hardly get opportunities to carry out the more creative parts of their work in Nigeria...... Maybe with time people's perspective on these things will change smiley
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by hakunamatata1: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2012
^....can u imagine that the Abuja stadium that doesnt allure me much, & finished in 2003 with capacity of 60,491 cost $360m then compared to the Beijing's olympic bird's nest of 2008 of $423m.
the inference?.....if the Abj stadium was done in 2008, it wld probably be done for the same price as the bird's nest!
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by hakunamatata1: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2012
yeah my bro! hopefully too. cos @ times our brand of architecture seems so unchallenging & monotonous being killed by corruption & selfishness...can u imagine that the Abuja stadium that doesnt allure me much, & finished in 2003 with capacity of 60,491 cost $360m then compared to the Beijing's olympic bird's nest of 2008 & capacity of 80,000 of $423m.
the inference?.....if the Abj stadium was done in 2008, it wld probably be done for the same price as the bird's nest with d architect strangled with the usual cost consideration factor!
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2012
hakuna matata: ^....can u imagine that the Abuja stadium that doesnt allure me much, & finished in 2003 with capacity of 60,491 cost $360m then compared to the Beijing's olympic bird's nest of 2008 of $423m.
the inference?.....if the Abj stadium was done in 2008, it wld probably be done for the same price as the bird's nest!

lol, the same price or higher price? grin E be like say you no know Nigerians well.
It's sad though, we have so much potential to be a highly developed country in terms of architecture and in other areas but greed is keeping the country back.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 09, 2012
Amazing pictures,very creative!!
Fellis,i like that landscape from china,i think i'll paint it.
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
vislabraye: What does this picture remind you of cheesy
freecocoa
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by reedbam: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2014
Breathtaking! Well I just resurrected the thread, I guess that's artistic too cheesy
Re: Pictures You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped by peteruuu(m): 7:06am On Apr 24, 2015
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flexible, Creative & Detailed Designs and Animations - Its Affordable Too. / Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search / A Thread For Coreldraw Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.