Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Won't God Heal Amputees? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (4674 Views)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 7:01pm On Dec 15, 2012
advocate666:

and wtf are you doing here?

see this ode !
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ OP:

Who told you amputees need healing! It is sick people who need healing. An amputated body part does not equate to sickness ...... did you miss the last paralympics? The previous ones? Many amputees enjoy a better quality of life than many able-bodied people! Have you met any amputee who asked God for a new body part that did not get it?

Matthew 6:33 ... Matthew 7:7 ... Matthew 15:26 .... 1 Timothy 6:8 ..... Mark 11:24 .... Romans 8:35 ....
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by advocate666: 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

see this ode !

You still here? Addicted?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by advocate666: 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
seyibrown: @ OP:

Who told you amputees need healing! It is sick people who need healing. An amputated body part does not equate to sickness ...... did you miss the last paralympics? The previous ones? Many amputees enjoy a better quality of life than many able-bodied people! Have you met any amputee who asked God for a new body part that did not get it?

Matthew 6:33 ... Matthew 7:7 ... Matthew 15:26 .... 1 Timothy 6:8 ..... Mark 11:24 .... Romans 8:35 ....

Christianity is really brainwashing. What, I ask, then is sickness if a dismemberment is not? Headache? Chickenpox? Leprosy? All are a result of varied amputations at cellular levels.

Anyway all your bible quotations are part of your brainwashing. Your god cannot heal amputees. Period.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2012

You need to be amputated. Maybe your two hands then we can see your quality life through your inability to type nonsense on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
advocate666:

Christianity is really brainwashing. What, I ask, then is sickness if a dismemberment is not? Headache? Chickenpox? Leprosy? All are a result of varied amputations at cellular levels.

Anyway all your bible quotations are part of your brainwashing. Your god cannot heal amputees. Period.

Logicboy03:
You need to be amputated. Maybe your two hands then we can see your quality life through your inability to type nonsense on Nairaland.

Dismemberment is NOT a sickness or ailment! That is a FACT! The wounds of an amputated body part generally heals up naturally! The fulfilment of the request for a replacement body part to make the amputation look like it never happened in the first place requires supernatural intervention!

Why do people expect a God they don't believe exists to do something, BTW Isn't to your delusion that you expect someone whom you are so sure does not exist to do something? Why do you expect the supernatural to happen when you don't believe in it?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by JoannaSedley(f): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
^^ I don't believe in holding briefs for God. Pastors says that God has spare part of all the body organs in heaven and He is omniscience and whatever, so i do not think it is too much for people to ask for these mega miracle(limb replacement). Or Maybe they are lying. Who knows!!!!! People should stop making excuses for God, he can take care of himself.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
seyibrown:

Dismemberment is NOT a sickness or ailment! That is a FACT! The wounds of an amputated body part generally heals up naturally! The fulfilment of the request for a replacement body part to make the amputation look like it never happened in the first place requires supernatural intervention!

Why do people expect a God they don't believe exists to do something, BTW Isn't to your delusion that you expect someone whom you are so sure does not exist to do something? Why do you expect the supernatural to happen when you don't believe in it?

undecided

You are delusional. I'll leave you to your delusion.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2012

Interesting that we have teacher of English in Religion section.. Have you checked your dictionary to know the meaning of healing?
If you have not, let me help you: Dictionary.com defines healing as thus

1. curing or curative; prescribed or helping to heal.
2. growing sound; getting well; mending.

noun
3.the act or process of regaining health: a new drug to accelerate healing.

When you are amputated, you are dirrectly not in sound health like billions of others created just like you... What does Mending mean to you?
anyways, i have nothing to be arguing about on your raised issue.

Anyways how does the bible described it in the bible?

Matthew 12:9-13
9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

I guess you will have to do alot to change the word healing in several billions of bibles printed

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
Logicboy03:

undecided

You are delusional. I'll leave you to your delusion.

Dont call them delusional... they get angry wink

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2012

Who told you amputees need healing! It is sick people who need healing. An amputated body part does not equate to sickness ...... did you miss the last paralympics? The previous ones? [b]Many amputees enjoy a better quality of life than many able-bodied people! [/b]Have you met any amputee who asked God for a new body part that did not get it?

Really??

So if that is the case why didnt God make us all amputees?

It is sick and depraved to mock amputees. If ever you end up in such a situation you will most likely abandon God in an instant. Because you know there will be no miracle to replace a lost limb.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2012

Oh dear.. you did not mean that did you?.. you may as well say why should the barren ask God for kids when they can adopt. it is not the condition itself but the fact that it (supposedly) can be rectified but God chooses (perhaps) not to.. WHY not WHY NOT (not YNot oooh)
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by advocate666: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
who said doG can't heal amputees? grin cheesy
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2012
Are these people seriously concerned about the amputees or just the mocking of God? They are not really concerned about the amputees ... their goal is to mock and point out that the God they don't believe exists cannot replace a limb, when in actual fact, he can and he does! Those who are blind to miracles can never see them. Even the pharisees who saw Christ's miracles attributed it to the devil. Their minds are made up that God does not restore missing limbs or parts, and even a live demonstration of a restoration will not convince them!
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 9:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
seyibrown: Are these people seriously concerned about the amputees or just the mocking of God? They are not really concerned about the amputees ... their goal is to mock and point out that the God they don't believe exists cannot replace a limb, when in actual fact, he can and he does! Those who are blind to miracles can never see them. Even the pharisees who saw Christ's miracles attributed it to the devil. Their minds are made up that God does not restore missing limbs or parts, and even a live demonstration of a restoration will not convince them!

But on a serious note amputees would prefer to have their missing limb if it was possible.

And just to clarify you are now changing your stance from "they dont need healing" to "they can be healed"?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Jezuspoa: 12:11am On Dec 26, 2012
Yes God can! i heard that one kenneth Hagin has healed am amputee before
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by chyket(m): 7:39am On Dec 26, 2012
God can heal an amputee easily if you ask him and have the faith for it,after all we have seen dead man come back alive.There is nothing impossible for God and He always grants you the desires of your heart and if you check most people Jesus healed when He was on earth,He mostly asked them what do they want from him even when it was obvious that they required a particular form of healing.Personally I feel that like in financial matters that when you pray for financial blessings,it's the amount of money that your faith can handle that you ask for but it does not mean that the amount of money you asked for is actually the limit of what God can make available.In a prayer session,one person may be asking for 10,000 naira while another is asking for a billion naira and God can answer both prayers in the same prayer session.
As Christians,wherever we get to with God depends on our relationship with him and faith in his abilities.
Regards
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2012

Atheist:-D:

But on a serious note amputees would prefer to have their missing limb if it was possible.

And just to clarify you are now changing your stance from "they dont need healing" to "they can be healed"?

If you had read and understood my original post (quoted above) and scriptures, you would not have come to the conclusion that I am changing my stance. You should have noted that I asked if the OP had ever met any amputee who asked God for a new part and didn't get it, and then you should have taken your time to read the scriptures I listed as well. Our God does not deny his children what they need. Matt 7:7 is a pointer. John 14:14 is another pointer but John 14:15 needs to be borne in mind by the one requesting something from God. My original post was short because I could see the point of the thread was mockery and not genuine concern for the amputee or a genuine call for God to show his power that the unbeliever might believe.

My Bible-influenced personal point of view in this matter is one can have fullness in Christ without completeness of limbs or wholeness of body (Romans 8:35). I'd rather have Christ than have a missing limb. Usually, true christians go about their life happy, joyful and content in Christ and do not let their missing limb take over their life (I Timothy 6:6). God does meet his children at the point of their needs.

God heals, God restores, God makes whole; but Christ in a christian 'the hope of glory', is more than a limb. A christian can be rest assured in that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them. They can live a fulfilled life with Christ; A wholesome body without Christ profits nothing (Christ's parable points this out in Matthew 5:29). You need to read the scriptures I have referenced to understand my point fully, and it also helps if your christian life is at the point where only Christ matters to you.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 10:51am On Dec 26, 2012
obalola7:

Interesting that we have teacher of English in Religion section.. Have you checked your dictionary to know the meaning of healing?

If you have not, let me help you: Dictionary.com defines healing as thus

1. curing or curative; prescribed or helping to heal.
2. growing sound; getting well; mending.

noun
3.the act or process of regaining health: a new drug to accelerate healing.

When you are amputated, you are dirrectly not in sound health like billions of others created just like you... What does Mending mean to you?
anyways, i have nothing to be arguing about on your raised issue.

I guess you will have to do alot to change the word healing in several billions of bibles printed

Pardon my part-quoting your post to save space. Your bible example has to do with a withered hand, not an amputated or a diseased hand. The Bible itself uses the word 'restore' to describe the miracle. Someone with a withered hand may not need any medication for his withered hand while someone without a withered hand may need medication for some other ailment that cannot be physically seen. Someone with a diseased hand is very likely to need medication to heal it.

While I agree that healing is a broader term, I still believe that 'restoration' is the more appropriate word in cases of amputation/ missing limbs as it is more specific and makes more sense when used in the actual context. e.g 'God restored my missing limb' is more specific in the case of an amputation than 'God healed my missing limb'. I would use 'healing' with regards to ailments, diseases, wounds etc and I do not regard an amputated or withered leg as a disease. Shall we put this down to word preference?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
Joanna Sedley: ^^ I don't believe in holding briefs for God. Pastors says that God has spare part of all the body organs in heaven and He is omniscience and whatever, so i do not think it is too much for people to ask for these mega miracle(limb replacement). Or Maybe they are lying. Who knows!!!!! People should stop making excuses for God, he can take care of himself.

My position is that God heals, restores and makes whole! As I do not claim that God does not replace limbs or is incapable of doing it, I make no excuses to support such.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2012
seyibrown:

My position is that God heals, restores and makes whole! As I do not claim that God does not replace limbs or is incapable of doing it, I make no excuses to support such.

Now that's a Christian Realist.. a very rare breed.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2012
seyibrown:

If you had read and understood my original post (quoted above) and scriptures, you would not have come to the conclusion that I am changing my stance. You should have noted that I asked if the OP had ever met any amputee who asked God for a new part and didn't get it, and then you should have taken your time to read the scriptures I listed as well. Our God does not deny his children what they need. Matt 7:7 is a pointer. John 14:14 is another pointer but John 14:15 needs to be borne in mind by the one requesting something from God. My original post was short because I could see the point of the thread was mockery and not genuine concern for the amputee or a genuine call for God to show his power that the unbeliever might believe.

My Bible-influenced personal point of view in this matter is one can have fullness in Christ without completeness of limbs or wholeness of body (Romans 8:35). I'd rather have Christ than have a missing limb. Usually, true christians go about their life happy, joyful and content in Christ and do not let their missing limb take over their life (I Timothy 6:6). God does meet his children at the point of their needs.

God heals, God restores, God makes whole; but Christ in a christian 'the hope of glory', is more than a limb. A christian can be rest assured in that they can do all things through Christ who strengthens them. They can live a fulfilled life with Christ; A wholesome body without Christ profits nothing (Christ's parable points this out in Matthew 5:29). You need to read the scriptures I have referenced to understand my point fully, and it also helps if your christian life is at the point where only Christ matters to you.

An amputee can live a full complete life as an amputee but it is mostly adaptation. It is incomparable to having that limb back.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2012

An amputee can live a full complete life as an amputee but it is mostly adaptation. It is incomparable to having that limb back.

Very close to the point some did not deduce from my argument. An amputee is not necessarily a diseased person who requires medication to heal his disease (not ruling out that his limb may have been amputated as a result of a disease but curing that disease will itself not restore/regrow that limb). An amputee is a person with a missing limb who requires(if he wants it, as I have met people who would rather remain as they are because it serves them a purpose) restoration/replacement of the limb. Even in the, medical world, medication heals diseases and transplants replace/restore missing organs.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2012
seyibrown:

Very close to the point some did not deduce from my argument. An amputee is not necessarily a diseased person who requires medication to heal his disease (not ruling out that his limb may have been amputated as a result of a disease but curing that disease will itself not restore/regrow that limb). An amputee is a person with a missing limb who requires(if he wants it, as I have met people who would rather remain as they are because it serves them a purpose) restoration/replacement of the limb. Even in the, medical world, medication heals diseases and transplants replace/restore missing organs.

Yes. But it does not answer the question why cant an amputee be given the limb back?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by seyibrown(f): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2012

Yes. But it does not answer the question why cant an amputee be given the limb back?

As it is not my position that an amputee cannot have his limb back from God, I cannot argue such. smiley The maker of heaven, earth, and all that is within it, is capable of fixing his creation. It is for those who say he cannot 'heal amputees' to tell us why. cheesy
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
seyibrown:

As it is not my position that an amputee cannot have his limb back from God, I cannot argue such. smiley The maker of heaven, earth, and all that is within it, is capable of fixing his creation. It is for those who say he cannot 'heal amputees' to tell us why. cheesy

God has never healed amputees. No record of that.

The hardest healing to fake and God is nowhere. When recording devices became commercial, appearances of God, Jesus and Mary stopped happening

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

The hardest healing to fake and God is nowhere. When recording devices became commercial, appearances of God, Jesus and Mary stopped happening

Ppl went on hearsay back then. Now with technology ppl are cautious. Hence no REAL cases of amputees receiving restored limbs.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

It will be very hard for you to say God is nowhere, except you can prove it. We have all experience one miracle or the other, either as a believer, pagans, atheist, Muslims because God wouldn't discriminate.
In terms of amputation, there is no doubt that the records for restored limbs is limited, but it doesn't mean man has not received this extra ordinary miracle. Just like people say, God cannot heal an HIV patients, it was just a matter of time before we saw those that believe and received healing.

You should know also that every healing comes with the recipients having enough faith to accommodate the healing. Maybe those whose limbs are amputated, never had the faith like a mostard seed to move the moutain of their amputated limbs to restored limbs. The custodian of healing will always asked, "what do you want me to do for you,""Do you have faith," If the amputee never believe his healing, there is no healing that could take place. The bible made us to understand that for without faith no man shall pleased God.

Also to say God does not exist, is to say the heaven and earth were not created, nor the sun and moon just operates by their own volition or better still to say its normal for sperm to form to bones and bones to grow from women's womb
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
obalola7:

It will be very hard for you to say God is nowhere, except you can prove it. We have all experience one miracle or the other, either as a believer, pagans, atheist, Muslims because God wouldn't discriminate.
In terms of amputation, there is no doubt that the records for restored limbs is limited, but it doesn't mean man has not received this extra ordinary miracle. Just like people say, God cannot heal an HIV patients, it was just a matter of time before we saw those that believe and received healing.

You should know also that every healing comes with the recipients having enough faith to accommodate the healing. Maybe those whose limbs are amputated, never had the faith like a mostard seed to move the moutain of their amputated limbs to restored limbs. The custodian of healing will always asked, "what do you want me to do for you,""Do you have faith," If the amputee never believe his healing, there is no healing that could take place. The bible made us to understand that for without faith no man shall pleased God.

Also to say God does not exist, is to say the heaven and earth were not created, nor the sun and moon just operates by their own volition or better still to say its normal for sperm to form to bones and bones to grow from women's womb

Your failed argument has been made by a fool before. Amputees dont have faith.

Keep insulting amputees to protect your God

1 Like

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Your failed argument has been made by a fool before. Amputees dont have faith.

Keep insulting amputees to protect your God

It depends on what you call fool. A mad man saw a vision and told the one who thinks he is wise what will befall him and wise man ignore him, because he thinks he was a fool and a mad man.
Few days later, the mad man prophesy came to pass. We can now determine who was a fool among the two.

In another scenario, a mad man took the cloths of a wise man when he was taking shower and the wise man ran after the mad man to the market naked, at this point, there is no doubt the fool among the two is obvious.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Jezuspoa: 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

there are records, google Kenneth Hagin leg lengthening
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
Jezuspoa: there are records, google Kenneth Hagin leg lengthening

I watched the video.. and to attribute this simple Indian Voodoo trick to a Miracle of God is quite insulting I might add. for a being who can create Man by simply breathing into dust and woman from a single rib.. it takes hime a whole nine minutes to extend dwarfish legs by an inch.. this is not the God of yore my friend. this is a Scam-Artist at work wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

why Does Science Cotradict Religion? / Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. / Sisterhood Africa/Global Converge For Maiden Prayer Conference In Abujaā€ˇ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.