Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

“Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students (7884 Views)

OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday / FUTA Has Zero Tolerance For Anti-social Behaviour – VC Tells New Students / Leave Facebook, VC Tells Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by busoye19: 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
Prof. Olusola Oyewole, Vice Chancellor, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State, has advised students to stop wasting their time on social networks, especially facebook at the expense of their studies.

The VC disclosed this through the former Head of Department of General Studies and Communication, Prof. Bolanle Akeredolu-Ale, at a seminar tagged: Role Modeling Lecture for the Girl-Child, organised by a Ph.D student and 2010 Award Fellow, Mrs. Bolanle Ogunlolu-Akinyemi, Oyewole and sponsored by African Women in Agricultural Research and Development.

He said, “Facebook and other social networks are good, but I will advise you to leave Facebook and face your studies.”

Mrs Oyewole advised female students to desist from procrastination and to understand the importance of time than money.

She however tasked them to learn how to politely and constructively say ‘no’ adding that they should judge each day by the seeds sown and not by the harvest reaped.

“You know yourself more than anyone else, so desist from comparing yourselves with others,”she concluded.

The institution’s Councillor, Mrs Modesta Ofodile, said students should always use some of their free time as private periods to study, adding that those periods could also be used to refresh and renew their energy.

Ofodile however, advised the students to manage their time well, saying that “if you waste your time thinking there is time, examinations will catch you unawares.”

She noted that serious-minded students rarely get into trouble.

Furthermore, the Head of Department, Food Service and Tourism, Dr. A.M in her lecture informed students about availability of scholarship opportunities they can benefit

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/12/04/face-book-desist-facebook-vc-tells-students/?wt=3

2 Likes

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Caseless: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmmm....how many students will take this important advice serious? If u can make facebook to exist as a course in ur university, u will be shocked at the number of A's students will be makin frm that course...everybody go pass am wel-wel.

Anyway, skool cant be sweet without social-networks...."all work and no play make jack a dull boy", no b me talk am ooo...we need some of these social stuffs to amplify the system, but that dosn't mean it should take most of our time of study.

2 Likes

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by salolo(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
good advice

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Sunymoore(m): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
He should also face his wife's face and stop facing ladies faces

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
There should be a balance between social networking and studying, I partially agree with what the VC is saying.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by fapcrook(m): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
I pray they hear
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2012
The world is coming to an end on the 21st abi 22nd sef...no need grin grin grin
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by achi4u(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2012
he even forgot to mention a 2go app which is a monster,our students are wasting.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by 3direct: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hes missing it.... there are less book to face!!

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by ignis: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
Our students need to hearken to this.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 04, 2012

www.facebook.com
is corrupting student's too much.
i wonder what people enjoy on facebook. just to get some cheap attention...

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by markus1133: 7:51pm On Dec 04, 2012
fb good for relatives
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Peterpan1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
True talk, he who have ears, let him hear.

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by mikuz(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
CFCfan: There should be a balnce between social networking and studying, I partially agree with what the VC is saying.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by SELFWORTH: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2012
Am not on Facebook. Never have been. Never will be.

I'll rather spend my time plotting and planning how I can be the CEO/founder of the next biggest innovation of the century.

I don't understand the obsession with Facebook and will never understand it.

Idle hands really!
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by simdam500(m): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ok i hear
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by obisage(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
www.faceyourbook.ng.com its my friends site. its an alternative to facenook

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Timbi: 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2012
This topic is for undergrads i think.Postgraduates should not be concerned.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Jibsonified(m): 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
SELFWORTH: Am not on Facebook. Never have been. Never will be.

I'll rather spend my time plotting and planning how I can be the CEO/founder of the next biggest innovation of the century.

Idle hands really!
My Ambitous fellow, your emphasized condemnation on facebook is hypocritical, your presence on Nairaland, reading posts and comenting z tantamount to facebooking, so stop decieving urself CEOs and upcoming entreprenuers are on fb doin networking. My guy cool story joor

3 Likes

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by leslieu63(m): 8:18pm On Dec 04, 2012
Richfella: The world is coming to an end on the 21st abi 22nd sef...no need grin grin grin
it's December 21 to be precise.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
CFCfan: There should be a balance between social networking and studying, I partially agree with what the VC is saying.
I'm sorry but why should there be a balance. is there really anything to learn from Facebook? I think these students should spend their rime in Wikipedia instead.

1 Like

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2012
Shows how primitive the VC is as of today. I learned more about the history of Nigeria on several groups on Facebook. I keep up-to-date with the latest news around the globe by following Channels TV, CNN, Aljazeera, and many more on Facebook.

If the main activity on Facebook for any student is to post pictures of her Brazilian hair or weave, change status to "open relationship", sample her new dress and respond with a thank you to every comment on the thread, and other frivolity, she (the VC) is right.

3 Likes

Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by greatgod2012(f): 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2012
Its not only facebook, what about 2go, Eskimi,twitter, etc, i just pray they will hearken to this golden advice.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2012
Tusky44: Shows how primitive the VC is as of today. I learned more about the history of Nigeria on several groups on Facebook. I keep up-to-date with the latest news around the globe by following Channels TV, CNN, Aljazeera, and many more on Facebook.

If the main activity on Facebook for any student is to post pictures of her Brazilian hair or weave, change status to "open relationship", sample her new dress and respond with a thank you to every comment on the thread, and other frivolity, she (the VC) is right.
You talk as if you don't know what majority of Nigerians do on Facebook.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by matrixme(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2012
He man has spoken well! I personally believe he has nothing to loose by making such an attention catching statement. I'm a university student, and I always express shock at what is going on these days in the system. It is now a matter of gone are those days where students study hard to get good or average grades. Except ones that are naturally brilliant and enthusiastic, students prefer to do every other cool things than read these days.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm sorry but why should there be a balance. is there really anything to learn from Facebook? I think these students should spend their rime in Wikipedia instead.

"All work and no play makes Emeka a dull boy". That's why students should have time for leisurely activities.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sunymoore: He should also face his wife's face and stop facing ladies faces

how does this relate to the topic @ hand?

****wondering who let this chap loose from yaba-right**** sad
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Clemzy16(m): 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
Richfella: The world is coming to an end on the 21st abi 22nd sef...no need grin grin grin
Guy! Shey U dey madt ni?! My birthday is on the 22nd of Dec ooo. Back-to-topic=> That man should mind his business and leave the students alone. Is he trying to say he's not on facebook?! No doubt facebook has its own demerit but it has done more good than harm. I'm no longer a facebook addict but with the help of facebook I've been able to access varsity news about my schools post ume's before i was finally offered admission etc.. That alone is worth the times being on facebook.
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by Clemzy16(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2012
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by born2boink(m): 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2012
Why would students face their book?
What happened to"No handout,No Mark lecturers"
"Sex4Mark Lecturers" "Pay 1000 for test and 3500 for exam lecturers" all these bunch of useless lecturers are not encouraging the VC skip and fail to talk about them, education in nigeria has fallen and not for social network, even social network upgrade the develop countries and they makek lots of money legally online compare to Facto De Jobless Nigerians
Re: “Face Your Book And Desist From Facebook” – VC Tells Students by chucky234(m): 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2012
SELFWORTH: Am not on Facebook. Never have been. Never will be.

Idle hands really!
Chronic clueless goon,the millions of CEOs on FB are fools abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scary? A Must See: This Video Is Blocked In Almost Every Country 2018 / What Kind Of Weird-looking Animal Is This? (photo) / Federal Polytechnic, Idah Hnd/nd 2nd & 3rd Batch Admission List 2015/2016 Sess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.