Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32580 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chiswaggs: 9:08am On Dec 05, 2012
I don't fnk anybody was forced to go there. Why complain that it is like a sec sch or dat the skul fees are high? Didn't they know dat b4 applying for admission der? I mean if you know aw an institution is and you still apply 4 it then you should be ready to live by its dictates or face the punishment for not doing so. I fnk its that simple.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 9:08am On Dec 05, 2012
Gee001: Chai! Dis news don pepper me 4 my body. WTF! Dis was exactly y my elder sis never wanted me to join her in her own private uni. wen she was stil an undergraduate cos i'd be expelled dat same week i'd come in. Wot is this na? Imagine.
na so you badt reach

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Anybody that doesnt like it should start his or her own School

Such strict discipline has prevented Cultism and other vices from rearing it's head in that environment...

I believe my Bishop may have been excessively harsh here(No human being is perfect), but given previous precedents, but most of the victims will eventually have their expulsions commuted to suspensions...

Ride on Papa...Na you biko

p.s shout out to the those 2 students caught with the kpoli...you youngers never learn...back in the day, we used to EAT that shyt, not smoke it...at least not while in the CU compound....
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 05, 2012
stagger: Anyone who cannot live by simple rules of an institution has no business in that institution. Simple.
. How about the likes of us who didn't like the scholl but whose parents made us go their Atleast I was 16yrs old when I went there and so really couldn't stand my ground in making my parents allow me do what I wanted.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 9:11am On Dec 05, 2012
at least him suppose give dem their change back, abi dem tution don expire ni?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Odunnu: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2012
I still dont get. Why were the students expelled?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by yuzedo: 9:13am On Dec 05, 2012
donachief: Then the members of faculty and staff started returning back into the chapel, then the education secretary,Mrs.Aize Obayan took to the podium, as she was speaking,students were murmuring,then the Chancellor walked up to the podium and politely took the microphone, he said ''if i hear the voice of any student, the curse of the lord shall fall upon that one''. the chapel went dead silent.

Lol! Triple-f(u)ck this shit! This man shaaaa! Wtf?! Na so "Curse of the Lord" dey fall on person? Based on?? Because of?? RELIGION shaa! Everybody mellow! cheesy Anyway, na who no pass Jamb dey go that Daycare University.. undecided Rabbish!!! angry

P.s. Whoever wrote this article has a long way to go! Seems like a 12yr old's work. Very poor writing/reporting style.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by ypeace: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Bounce in...
Wehn adluts are deproetd form supopesd disicplnie gruond to a rael nig wrold. Now who wlil dsiciplnie dem? Wsiodm..... Bounce out
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2012
coolkris: Imagine the wastage of sky rocketing school fees...after using thier money to buy private jets he now expels them..he is now biting the fingers that fed him..
He's always saying he doesn't need students' money for anything. That all our school fees are not enough to provide us with light for a full semester not to talk of water. I don't know sha o. I do know that members of his church are very wealthy and a person could just drop 20M as tithe.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by papabaks(m): 9:20am On Dec 05, 2012
The fact remains that they broke the rules of the school and deserved the punishment. Didn't they read and sign the school laws at the point entrance?

You guys can say whatever you like...

Even though am not in support of the course of the Lord statement, nevertheless, God did not condone evil.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 9:20am On Dec 05, 2012
felifeli: Apparently this fool does not know what a university is. He should have just built a secondary school or a monastery. Si.lly a.s.s

It was the same freedom at University of Ibadan that breed the dreaded cultism cancer in our universities today. Every student signed an undertaking to be of good behaviour or be show the way out before they were given admission.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 05, 2012
50calibre: This thing sounds more like a secondary school, the restrictions are just too much but then again students who chose to attend the university knew fully well about the high standards and strict discipline the university prides itself on so it was their responsibilty to abide by them.
. Some of them were forced and some others didn't know anything about the rules before entering.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Kx: 9:23am On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH:
God Himself regretted creating human beings becos of their evil ways in Genesis
There is no justification for evil. You live by the gun, then expect to die by the gun.

Is this the Christianity I know or Islam please?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by iamdsam: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2012
grin
nneh1: Why won't they smoke weed when the responsible ones don't get admission.
These are the things to expect when the wrong ones are admitted. Come meet me for star later
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by RexioKlasik(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2012
Well...although they broke the law but sum of such thing shudnt av given rise 2 expulsion....hmmmm Private University dey worry ooo
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2012
coolkris: Imagine the wastage of sky rocketing school fees...after using thier money to buy private jets he now expels them..he is now biting the fingers that fed him..

Point of correction! The fees those students paid cannot pay 10 Professors salary in that institution, so you got it wrong by saying he feds on their fees instead the church gives the school subventions. Please say what you know.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by tunapawizzy: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2012
joey4jo: Sounds like a secondary school..
EVEN SECONDARY SCHOOL IS MORE LIBERAL
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2012
mrkels: Curse of the lord? Using God to threathen students? How sick and lame!!! Why is he behaving like a dictator na?
I'm yet to understand this man...

BTW...lmao at the dudes smoking weed, they are confirmed stars now and their parents would see that in the expulsion letter cheesy
. He's a dictator.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by FindOut(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2012
see hypocrisy here again o! If it was an Imam or any muslim cleric that inviked the curse of God on ANYBODY at all, least of all some group of relatively harmless students, the comments here would have made many muslims cower. We would have seen stuffs like ''terrorist'', ''religion of peace indeed'', e.t.c.

Now, its a ''MOG'' & some mor.ooons are even defending him.

I pity many christians who fear their MOG much more than God himself. On the day of judgement, ur MOG will be standing in line just like you and I waiting for God's judgement, & you'll realise how si.lly u were to have sold urself to the MOG, rather than concentrating of pleasing the Almighty God. You'll realise just how absolutely daft it was to have concentrated on ''sowing seed'' for your pastor's fleet of jets or buying him a car (maybe his 150th car) instead of helping the many poor people around your neighbourhood, providing them a source of livelihood and sending their kids to school.

Seriously, some things are just common sense. Would Jesus Christ have endorsed your MOG's action....& many more actions of his? You have ur Bible. You understand English, read, use your brain and try to provide justifications.

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Francheezy(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2012
e!yah, nd ayaf frndz in d!z pr!s0n....G0d gu!De Dem*
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by tpia1: 9:28am On Dec 05, 2012
their school fees is just under 500k for non-engineering courses. Maybe that's what lured them into the school. (the fact that it's a cheap private uni)

wow, education in nigeria is really expensive these days, if under 500k is considered the yardstick for measuring cost.

how do people cope, and still have enough left over for phones, brazilian hair and flashy rides?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 9:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Gee001: Wot's all these? Arant nonsense! 4 crying out loud dat is a university not some kind of high school! I pity those students because they'll never hv the chance to experience what others in universities do experience. If dey shd miss out all those lifestyles in d university, abi na wen dem graduate dem go start? All of those things are part of life abeg. Bishop free dem jor.

Even in Harvard i don't think the students will be loitering around while their VC and Chancellor is in a hall to address them. Call a spade a spade - the the student did was wrong and they paid dearly for it. Period.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2012
Biko, dis school na university abi secondary?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2012
ABU GEORGE: i just luv dis words, wat a nice words, even d rich wants to walk wit d poor. Smoke weed for covenant university i thought it is d skul dat is full wit holy people
. Holy people you say hahahahahahaLwtmbgrin
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Francheezy(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: . He's a dictator.
Whr u dere 0n dat day ?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

It was the same freedom at University of Ibadan that breed the dreaded cultism cancer in our universities today. Every student signed an undertaking to be of good behaviour or be show the way out before they were given admission.
Dreaded cultism is gradually becoming a thing of the past, believe me those private sch graduate are far worse off, I have related with a few of them & you will be shocked by there level of immorality despite been caged for 4 years
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Point of correction! The fees those students paid cannot pay 10 Professors salary in that institution, so you got it wrong by saying he feds on their fees instead the church gives the school subventions. Please say what you know.

Are you sure about this? So, are you suggesting that Covenant University has a total of less than 10 professors?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by FindOut(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

so in essence, CU is a charity right? Please, lets do maths. Enlighten us further so maybe we can even begin to praise Daddy GO

How much does the average CU student pay annually? How many students are in CU?

How much do 10 professors earn annually?

Who pays the money the church 'subvents' to the school? The Federal Government? Oyedepo's personal money (gotten from who else?) ? Or the tithes paid by the parents?

I suspect Oyedepo or his wife or maybe someone he knows might have attended a missionary school (probably pry & secondary) when he was younger. How much did he/they pay?

How much does the secondary school he owns charge their students as fees yearly? Or the money they pay too can't pay the salary of 10 teachers?

Who even owns these institutions? Is it God? Is it ''the church'' (if yes, do the church members have 'shares')? Or is it Bishop Oyedepo?

*Ultimately, everythn we own belongs to God coz when we die, everything stays here on earth, we take nothing with us*

If you cant provide satisfactory answers to 70% of these questions, then please 'quietly keep quiet' on these your claims so that MOG will not invoke the curse of God on you.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Cutex01(m): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2012
Odunnu: I still dont get. Why were the students expelled?
Go back and read d p0st again
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Even in Harvard i don't think the students will be loitering around while their VC and Chancellor is in a hall to address them. Call a spade a spade - the the student did was wrong and they paid dearly for it. Period.

Dude, have you ever schooled out of the country? Perhaps, it is only in Nigeria that 'ordinary' Vice-Chancellors behave, and are respected, like demigods. In a decent University (not in Nigeria), a student might be talking to a University Vice-Chancellor without him/her knowing. Infact, most Professors are very humble and friendly, unlike the proud ones we have in Nigeria. I've seen this scenario many times and I have no idea where you got your statement (in bolded) from...

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2012
My own problem is with the curse! As a parent himself how can one find it so easy to place a curse on children for such! Punish them by all means but curse?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Please be careful not to quote the bible out of context to support evil. They broke the rules of the school and deserved the punishment. God did not condone evil . He was merciful towards sinners. These are two different things. God Himself regretted creating human beings becos of their evil ways in Genesis.

There is no justification for evil. You live by the gun, then expect to die by the gun.
. God regretted creating man but He still shows him mercy till tomorrow except Jesus comes today. Bishop Oyedepo is just a dictator using his position as a prophet to make many lives miserable. How will he be threatening students with a curse?? Was that why God put him there??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe / Which English Words Do You Find Difficult Spelling Or Pronouncing? / Violence Mars Rufus Giwa Polytechnic SUG Election, One Student Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.