Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32575 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
Tony Spike:

Dude, have you ever schooled out of the country? Perhaps, it is only in Nigeria that 'ordinary' Vice-Chancellors behave, and are respected, like demigods. In a decent University (not in Nigeria), a student might be talking to a University Vice-Chancellor without him/her knowing. Infact, most Professors are very humble and friendly, unlike the proud ones we have in Nigeria. I've seen this scenario many times and I have no idea where you got your statement (in bolded) from...

Yes i've never schooled abroad though i will soon be coming over to US. My take on this is that there is mutual respect, our people don't have to wait until they are being threatened before they obey simple instruction. If they have walked into the chapel for a purpose while not focus on that purpose pending the time? Tanx.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by abouqi(f): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Rosebela: Even in secondary school people use phone talkless of an institution thunder fire that kind thing

THIS FONE ISSUE SHA! BUT PEOPLE HAD BEEN TO HIGHER INSTITUTIONS WITHOUT HAVING TO GO WITH FONES!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Papa don start im madness again. Thank God I no dey school dis session.
lol, dem suspend u?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by bravetentewa(m): 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Mehn ♌ɑ̤̥̈̊ħ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Your brain Carry U̶̲̥̅̊ reach...... S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Stupidly Strict ♌ɑ̤̥̈̊ħ definitn of Wisdom for Your Village Abi..... U̶̲̥̅̊ sef mumu pass Goat
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
mrkels:
Guy which one are you serving? 1yr suspension or 2yrs expulsion? cheesy
lolgrin
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Odunnu: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
Cutex01:
Go back and read d p0st again
I still dont get it!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sogo10: God himself doesnt want us 2 b perfect.he creates us with weaknesses.or else,there wont b no luv.every1 will start saying they r God.especially our leaders.
God wants us to be perfect but doesn't expect us to be because He knows He knows the stuff of which we are made.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
segunbond: No one should be forced to go to church, it should be by freewil. It's better for them to stay in their hostel than go to church and disturb. This man is so authoritative and inconsiderate. I have never 4 once read nor heard the Pastor E.A Adeboye goes to do room routine or searches hostels of Redeemer's University neither does he curse his student. I can't let a man like Oyedepo pray 4 me. We pray everyday 4 4giveness. Of sins yet he(oyedepo) can't. He's not a man of God.
Ahh don't say that. He's a man of God and men of God make mistakes or do things inappropriate things at times. Don't just conclude that he's not a man of God.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: students will always be students, leave that one aside. The chapel is large enough to contain about 3 thousand seated students at a time and we are about 8 thousand students. They didn't pprovide us with canopies or anything of the sort so students were hanging all around the chapel. Now what do you expect them to do? There's no way that some wouldn't be gisting and even moving about. But if the were inside the chapel, their noise would have been less. They should consider some of these things jare. A friend of mine who didn't get a seat inside was just standing outside non her own when she saw people running. She was wondering what was happening when papa came and tapped her on the shoulder asking if she was a students. She was surprised and was like yes, I'm a student. Then the man raised his hands up to slap her. Omo, she pushed him and ran away. She came to the hostel crying. She was lucky that she wasn't caught.

Well i think those guys could have hangout in the library. The library is just opposite the chapel. Papa can be funny sometimes, you it boiled down to the discipline he had while he was still like you guy, then when you see your teacher you run or when you refuse to attend to house chore parent will use a teacher name to scare their children to obey but those good old time and no more, I think Papa is still live on those experience. Thank God for your friend, she was not caught grin tell her not to cry grin. Just take care.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
jackbauersballs: Vanneni please shut up and stop b!tching about CU

If you hate the school so much then LEAVE

As a CU graduate I can't stress enough the serious ADVANTAGE I have had at job interviews when competing against LASU/OSU/LAG candidates...

The relative exposure you get to new technology/learning methods at CU is far ahead of what is obtainable at state-run and other private unis...

Appreciate what you have or GET OUT!

Idiota...
A) I forgive you for insulting me B) I can't leave because I'm in my final year C) I wasn't b1chting about the school, just stating my opinion of the school, if you don't like it,simply ignore my comments. D)r My character will give me an edge over others anywhere I find myself not the school I attended. Ok, yes to some extent, the shool's name may take you places but staying in and being rated highly is going to be determined by your character and comportment. ItLs good it has helped you. It's not the same for everyone and that's my point. Dealing with desciplinary cases is not just done appropriately.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Leadn(m): 1:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
What's with a the 'Papa'?? Is he your grand dad?? Grow up people!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sexxydivaa: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
just return all d money wey i don pay jejeli....else!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by eggheaders(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

CU is not a charity.

Averagely a student pays #500,000. Less than 2,500 students.

There are more professors in the school, at least there are 3 colleges and none have less than 15. Google is your friend search what an average Nigerian professor earn. Mind you the school gives grant to her scholars (professors/phds/masters (all academic staff inclusive) to national and international seminars and conferences which no government school (both federal and state) can compare. I have fact/data to this effect.

The members give (and not pay) offerings and tithe. Every church of Christ in the world where members willingly and freely give offering you don't go back and start counting this is the much i have given the church. The missionaries that cam to African came because people gave freely to their mission. Its never anybody's money. PLEASE GET THAT RIGHT.

And this is to mean? Haven't you heard that there is no free meal anywhere in the world not even in Freetown? The salvation that we Christians enjoy freely today was paid for by Christ dearly with His life. Yes Bishop Oyedepo definitely will have attended a free missionary school while he was younger but do you know that most missionaries died of malaria in the bush of Africa while bringing this free education?

Am sure you're aware there are primary/secondary schools in Lagos/Abuja that charges as much as #1 million per term therefore making #3 million per session per pupil/student and heaven did not fall? Majority of the members of his church are not POOR and the few indigent poor among them are placed on scholarship. Please find out to cure your curiosity.

So you think Church is an enterprise where members own shares? Who owns Oral Robert University in America (a christian university)? The Church owns the schools in trust of the Church Trustees.

And i belief Bishop Oyedepo has not come out to tell you he own the schools or he will be taking them along when he die.

I have pick your question one after the other i have done justice to it 100% so you may keep your advise of 'quietly keep quiet' to yourself. He's my Spiritual father who i follow diligently so erase that notion from your mind that the MOG will invoke curse on me. Elijah invoked curse on 42 rebellious children who disrespected him and they were consumed by 2 bears but its nowhere written in the Bible he cursed his spiritual son Elisha rather he transferred a DOUBLE PORTION of his spirit on Elisha.

For this country to attain and recover her lost glory all Nigerians especially we young ones, the future of this nation, must imbibe the spirit of diligence and forthrightness. Enough of this hypocrite and condoling of corruption and misdemeanor.

FRIENDS YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO SHILOH 2012 AT FAITH TABERNACLE, CANAANLAND, OTA, NIGERIA FOR A TRANSFEREES OF DOUBLE PORTION OF GRACE. December 4 - 8, 2012. 7am & 7pm.

God bless Nairaland! God bless Papa!! God bless Nigeria!!!

another brainwashed android by the papaprenuer.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by FindOut(m): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: It's what we are told we'll take even thoug we have our doubt. We are told that it's the church that runs the school. Student's school doesn't go a long way at all. So we are told constantly.

Vanneni, thanks soo much for your contributions on this thread. It shows you have a mind of your own without being unduly rebellious. Very good. Keep it up. Its almost over.

Can you please give me an idea of how many students are enrolled in CU presently? U said 8,000 earlier but someone here says 2,500. Which is close to accurate?

Thanks.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by biggybig(f): 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
coolkris: Imagine the wastage of sky rocketing school fees...after using thier money to buy private jets he now expels them..he is now biting the fingers that fed him..
...skyrocketing school fees,350 or how much? Whats the difference between that and what you pay at lasu? Have u ever been to the school and see the quality that is on ground? Relative to what the school provides, 350 is paltry. If any organisation,goverment provide that much they will be charging in millions. And you think its that paltry amount paid that they use to run the school and buy jet? You need your head re examined.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by SELFWORTH: 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: . God regretted creating man but He still shows him mercy till tomorrow except Jesus comes today. Bishop Oyedepo is just a dictator using his position as a prophet to make many lives miserable. How will he be threatening students with a curse?? Was that why God put him there??

I agree its not right to curse anyone. Pastor or no pastor. All these pastors are human beings like you and I which means they can make mistakes like any other human being.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by abouqi(f): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: . How about the likes of us who didn't like the scholl but whose parents made us go their Atleast I was 16yrs old when I went there and so really couldn't stand my ground in making my parents allow me do what I wanted.

NOPE! YOU'LL HAVE TOLD YOUR PARENT YOU DIDN'T LIKE THEIR CHOICE OF INSTITUTION MAYBE YOU WILL STILL BE WRITING JAMB NOW. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Well i think those guys could have hangout in the library. The library is just opposite the chapel. Papa can be funny sometimes, you it boiled down to the discipline he had while he was still like you guy, then when you see your teacher you run or when you refuse to attend to house chore parent will use a teacher name to scare their children to obey but those good old time and no more, I think Papa is still live on those experience. Thank God for your friend, she was not caught grin tell her not to cry grin. Just take care.
who would open the library for you at that time of the night? It was carole night/departure service o, not normal service which is done in two different sets. That's by the way sha. June next year I go say bye bye to CU. Praise Godcheesygrin

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Skii(m): 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2012

That some students could smoke weed in the school is an indictment on the authorities supposedly charged with training those students...its the Moral Instructors, teachers, hostel inspectors that should get expelled!!

If the microphone was "politely" collected by the chancellor, then equally, a polite call could or should have been made to the students loitering around, gisting, etc

Rather than threaten with the curse of God, a polite call for the hall to be quiet, or for the students to be quiet could have been made

I am a bit concerned about this chancellor's excessive use of force and authority, the subtle display of a possible rage/anger management issue...the other day, he slapped a lady publicly for "being a "winch" for jesus"...now rash decisions to expel students for what?

whatever happened to counselling?

I would expect that as a man of God,the chancellor's presence in the school auditorium would generate love and that the students would gravitate towards him...not that they should live in fear of you...when you are not God!!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by FindOut(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

CU is not a charity.

Averagely a student pays #500,000. Less than 2,500 students.

There are more professors in the school, at least there are 3 colleges and none have less than 15. Google is your friend search what an average Nigerian professor earn. Mind you the school gives grant to her scholars (professors/phds/masters (all academic staff inclusive) to national and international seminars and conferences which no government school (both federal and state) can compare. I have fact/data to this effect.

The members give (and not pay) offerings and tithe. Every church of Christ in the world where members willingly and freely give offering you don't go back and start counting this is the much i have given the church. The missionaries that cam to African came because people gave freely to their mission. Its never anybody's money. PLEASE GET THAT RIGHT.

And this is to mean? Haven't you heard that there is no free meal anywhere in the world not even in Freetown? The salvation that we Christians enjoy freely today was paid for by Christ dearly with His life. Yes Bishop Oyedepo definitely will have attended a free missionary school while he was younger but do you know that most missionaries died of malaria in the bush of Africa while bringing this free education?

Am sure you're aware there are primary/secondary schools in Lagos/Abuja that charges as much as #1 million per term therefore making #3 million per session per pupil/student and heaven did not fall? Majority of the members of his church are not POOR and the few indigent poor among them are placed on scholarship. Please find out to cure your curiosity.

So you think Church is an enterprise where members own shares? Who owns Oral Robert University in America (a christian university)? The Church owns the schools in trust of the Church Trustees.

And i belief Bishop Oyedepo has not come out to tell you he own the schools or he will be taking them along when he die.

I have pick your question one after the other i have done justice to it 100% so you may keep your advise of 'quietly keep quiet' to yourself. He's my Spiritual father who i follow diligently so erase that notion from your mind that the MOG will invoke curse on me. Elijah invoked curse on 42 rebellious children who disrespected him and they were consumed by 2 bears but its nowhere written in the Bible he cursed his spiritual son Elisha rather he transferred a DOUBLE PORTION of his spirit on Elisha.

For this country to attain and recover her lost glory all Nigerians especially we young ones, the future of this nation, must imbibe the spirit of diligence and forthrightness. Enough of this hypocrite and condoling of corruption and misdemeanor.

FRIENDS YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO SHILOH 2012 AT FAITH TABERNACLE, CANAANLAND, OTA, NIGERIA FOR A TRANSFEREES OF DOUBLE PORTION OF GRACE. December 4 - 8, 2012. 7am & 7pm.

God bless Nairaland! God bless Papa!! God bless Nigeria!!!

I'm typing with my phone so doing the piece by piece quoting isnt convenient.

Now, 2,500 * 500 = 1.25 billion naira.

Lets say a prof earns 1 mill a month (of which CU might be paying less), therefore 10 profs earn 10 mill monthly & 120 mill annually.

120 mill is not even up to 10percent of the fees. So, hope i've effectively punctured that yeye claim, coz even if the the Profs are paid 2mill, there's still an excess of 1 billion naira.

So some missionaries died of malaria and some private individuals many of whom ACTUALLY WORKED for their money set up schools and are charging high tuition gives ur Papa the right to also charge millions/several thousands from schools that were built from DONATIONS by CHURCH MEMBERS?

Did you just say majority of winners chapel members are not poor? So majority of d church members can afford to send their kids to Convenant & Kingdom heritage n d rest?
Oga, fear God o!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Tony Spike:

I still don't believe that, my friend. Can you do the mathematics of the income generated from students' fees? If and when you do that, I can agree with you. Again, your statement (the bolded) insinuates that the school (covenant University) relies heavily on external income for its sustenance. This, again, sounds very plausible because the University should have been shut down long ago if that were the case.

To run a standard university no bi joke ooo! Come to see it this way, all the federal and state universities that has less facility compare to CU (24 hr internet service on campus, hostels, and staff quarters. Good pave road network. 24 hr water supply. 24 hr electric power with backup generator for staff quarters, hostels and colleges. Nice and clean environment. Super cafeteria/buttery. security. Stable academic calendar etc) with other public universities that have over 20,000 full-time and double the number as part-time and PG student, all collect subvention from government, ETF [Education Trust Fund], school fee, load of money from Post-UTME, but they are still agitating for autonomy - autonomy in this sense - is to tax the student more (more money) then you come to appreciate the efforts of the private universities in this country without any meaningful financial input from government educational agencies. It is a known fact if you are close to the church top officer certain amount (percentage) of the church income goes to this schools as subvention.

If you think building a school is such a lucrative business don't you think every Dick and Harry will be into it now being what Nigerians are known for to rush to every thriving business e.g. forex, stock market until we crash it.

Take Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state for example, he declared education free in his state from primary to university but certain overhead cost of governance suffer it. No free meal anywhere brother.

So you see Covenant University (CU)Ota, striving, Landmark University (LU) Omu-Aran, blossoming and come January 2013 Crown University (CU) Calabar, soaring is the heartfelt of a man who is ahead of his generation to beget a laudable legacy to his world and not profit-oriented driven.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
Find Out!:

Vanneni, thanks soo much for your contributions on this thread. It shows you have a mind of your own without being unduly rebellious. Very good. Keep it up. Its almost over.

Can you please give me an idea of how many students are enrolled in CU presently? U said 8,000 earlier but someone here says 2,500. Which is close to accurate?

Thanks.
Thank you. We are way more than 2,500. This one that they even admitted too many new student's this session. Final year students are supposed to be 2 in a room but this time around they made us 3 per room because too many students were admitted. The university holds 3 thousand seated students at a time not counting those who may be be sitting at the gallery. We hold two services every sunday. So that would give us about 6000 plus students. Then adding stabbers because many students must stab(skip) chapel services, let's say we are around 7,000 plus. In my hall of residence, we are 850 and there are 5 female halls of residence. Multiply 850( doesn't mean there are also 850 in the remaining halls of residence) by 5 and you'll get 4,250. Multiply 4,250 by 2 coz there are also 5 male halls, and you'll get 8,500. You see.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
SELFWORTH:

I agree its not right to curse anyone. Pastor or no pastor. All these pastors are human beings like you and I which means they can make mistakes like any other human being.
Exactly. Yeah, I have a question. Please is it true that, when someone offends you so bad that you lay a curse on them out of your bitterness, God allows the curse to take effect but He also purnishes you who has laid a curse because you have no right to curse anyone? That, you'd have just allowed Him to take vengeance on your behalf instead of going ahead of Him to lay a curse on your onffender. Is that true somebody Anybody
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
abouqi:

NOPE! YOU'LL HAVE TOLD YOUR PARENT YOU DIDN'T LIKE THEIR CHOICE OF INSTITUTION MAYBE YOU WILL STILL BE WRITING JAMB NOW. grin grin grin grin grin
That's not even possible. If I was rebelliouse and stood my ground then, other options would have come up somehow, I don't know how. Then I was not as stubborn as I am now. I was a good girl.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Find Out!:

I'm typing with my phone so doing the piece by piece quoting isnt convenient.

Now, 2,500 * 500 = 1.25 billion naira.

Lets say a prof earns 1 mill a month (of which CU might be paying less), therefore 10 profs earn 10 mill monthly & 120 mill annually.

120 mill is not even up to 10percent of the fees. So, hope i've effectively punctured that yeye claim, coz even if the the Profs are paid 2mill, there's still an excess of 1 billion naira.

So some missionaries died of malaria and some private individuals many of whom ACTUALLY WORKED for their money set up schools and are charging high tuition gives ur Papa the right to also charge millions/several thousands from schools that were built from DONATIONS by CHURCH MEMBERS?

Did you just say majority of winners chapel members are not poor? So majority of d church members can afford to send their kids to Convenant & Kingdom heritage n d rest?
Oga, fear God o!

I said earlier that the professors there are more than 10 yu can confirm their average number from Vannen. But come to this you dumb calculation. Is it of professors they have on staff payroll? Agree the school have a population of 8,000 student, don't you know that there are levels in academic for the academic staffs starting from a 1st Class student that are be employed as Graduate Assistant (Eagle) to Professorial level. What of non-academic staffs that out-number the academic staff? What of the laboratories, chemicals, equipments, fueling of school vehicle and all other miscellaneous cost?

Please wake up. If it is that easy don't know every Nigerian billionaire would have established at least oneuniversity now? Well ... undecided
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
eggheaders:

another brainwashed android by the papaprenuer.

You are entitle to your opinion. I'm blessed!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Study Free In Istanbul Turkey For Absolutely Free. Apply Now! / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University / Biochemistry Course Rep Apologizes To Ex-Coursemates For Misusing Money (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.