Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32579 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2012
Find Out!:

so in essence, CU is a charity right? Please, lets do maths. Enlighten us further so maybe we can even begin to praise Daddy GO

How much does the average CU student pay annually? How many students are in CU?

How much do 10 professors earn annually?

Who pays the money the church 'subvents' to the school? The Federal Government? Oyedepo's personal money (gotten from who else?) ? Or the tithes paid by the parents?

I suspect Oyedepo or his wife or maybe someone he knows might have attended a missionary school (probably pry & secondary) when he was younger. How much did he/they pay?

How much does the secondary school he owns charge their students as fees yearly? Or the money they pay too can't pay the salary of 10 teachers?

Who even owns these institutions? Is it God? Is it ''the church'' (if yes, do the church members have 'shares')? Or is it Bishop Oyedepo?

*Ultimately, everythn we own belongs to God coz when we die, everything stays here on earth, we take nothing with us*

If you cant provide satisfactory answers to 70% of these questions, then please 'quietly keep quiet' on these your claims so that MOG will not invoke the curse of God on you.
It's what we are told we'll take even thoug we have our doubt. We are told that it's the church that runs the school. Student's school doesn't go a long way at all. So we are told constantly.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2012
tatiana009: My own problem is with the curse! As a parent himself how can one find it so easy to place a curse on children for such! Punish them by all means but curse?
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2012
Tony Spike:

Are you sure about this? So, are you suggesting that Covenant University has a total of less than 10 professors?

There are more Professors there than i mentioned. my point is the fee these student pay cannot pay more than a fraction of the salary (school wage).
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by mrkels(m): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Papa don start im madness again. Thank God I no dey school dis session.
Guy which one are you serving? 1yr suspension or 2yrs expulsion? cheesy
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by mrkels(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: It's what we are told we'll take even thoug we have our doubt. We are told that it's the church that runs the school. Student's school doesn't go a long way at all. So we are told constantly.
Girl, if I was in this school...hmmm...wahala for dey o! They are just treating these matured individuals like lab rats. Kai thank goodness I didn't attend or any corrosive potential uniben/ui/unilag/ekpoma/lasu etc student didn't attend. I repeat, wahala for dey cheesy
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2012
zeefa: So what happens to the Muslim student in the University? If the law is 4 all students 2 attend chapel fellowship?
They must attend coz it's believed they knew the news before entering the school.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sogo10: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2012
ngozievergreen: For dose of us sayin dt dey blame d students for entering d sch evn tho dey knw dey cant keep to rules, d truth remains dat no matter hw careful u r, u might stl do sth wrong. Most bad practices were nt plannd,we r humans for God's sake. The man is simply Revised Standard Rev. Kings.
God himself doesnt want us 2 b perfect.he creates us with weaknesses.or else,there wont b no luv.every1 will start saying they r God.especially our leaders.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Elebiju: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni: He's always saying he doesn't need students' money for anything. That all our school fees are not enough to provide us with light for a full semester not to talk of water. I don't know sha o. I do know that members of his church are very wealthy and a person could just drop 20M as tithe.
hun!don't tell me he is running a charity organisation here,ur parents pay almost a million every year and he slams this shit in ur face?God!u guys really need to accept the spirit of aluta,I just thank God say I no dey this kinda situation he for know say expulsion no be solution,to be candid how many members of his church attend this advanced secondary school
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 05, 2012
isomadtech: CU knows what they are doing. The children of the rich are spoilt brat, disobedient and wayward. CU only create a platform for the remoulding of their life because the parent that are supposed to train them are busy pursuing money.
If a whole VC is talking and some student that are supposed to be listening are loitering around. Is that not disrespect to constituted authorities? They have to be punished.
Lastly, our inability to follow rules and regulations had led to decay that we now witness in our society today. Why would our people get to us, uk and the rest and follow their rules and here at home we do something else. I believe a lot of you that codemn the man must be under 30 because if you are above 30 and you dont know the place of rules and regulation im a society, then am afraid.
It's true that rules are needed to mould and guide and, they must be adhered to. When dealing with young adults, caution and wisdom is needed. When a person does wrong, appropriate and reasonable purnishments should be meted out to him/her. Humans are different and respond to different situations differently. When a person is purnished way beyound what they deserve, it could make them more hardened. Some could be severely damaged psychologically and well.. Others may repent. My grievance is, they shouldn't just throw students out like that, consistent councelling with love and tenderness could do the magic for some people. Many people need love and just someone to talk to, it's not like they love being bad. For some, it's their parents fault, they didn't give out quality time and affection to their children. I can't understand why some people would just choose to be deliberately bad, I don't understand This life sef ehn, it's just God's grace we need.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by segunbond: 11:46am On Dec 05, 2012
No one should be forced to go to church, it should be by freewil. It's better for them to stay in their hostel than go to church and disturb. This man is so authoritative and inconsiderate. I have never 4 once read nor heard the Pastor E.A Adeboye goes to do room routine or searches hostels of Redeemer's University neither does he curse his student. I can't let a man like Oyedepo pray 4 me. We pray everyday 4 4giveness. Of sins yet he(oyedepo) can't. He's not a man of God.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Elebiju: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

There are more Professors there than i mentioned. my point is the fee these student pay cannot pay more than a fraction of the salary (school wage).
u are a f..king liar,are u brainwashing us or what?if that school can't survive as a business entity oyedepo would have closed shop,the school is a business entity that yields profit else it would have been bankrupt
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sogo10: 11:50am On Dec 05, 2012
Elebiju: hun!don't tell me he is running a charity organisation here,ur parents pay almost a million every year and he slams this shit in ur face?God!u guys really need to accept the spirit of aluta,I just thank God say I no dey this kinda situation he for know say expulsion no be solution,to be candid how many members of his church attend this advanced secondary school
no glorified secondary schl.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2012
Ile-Ife:

No, i disagree. Such Universities will produce graduates that obey the law. That's what the society needs.

BTW. People that have nothing reasonable to contribute are the ones complaining about what Oyedepo said. Anybody that has a problem with the 'threat' should go hug a transformer. While your mates are praying in the chapel, you are busy loitering and chatting around, are you inviting God's blessing or curse? Abeg make all of una pack well jor.
see, they will never give the whole story. The university chapel is small compared to the number of students. Usually what they do when meetings are bing held for the whole school to attend, they provide canopies and chairs just outside the chapel. But on that friday, there wasn't enough space for students to sit so they had to hang around the chapel and that kind of thing, when you are outside you'd be tempted to make noise na, ah! It's just normal. The authorities should know that they are dealing with young adults and should be able to condole some nonsense to a very limited degree though. When they expell the students does that guarantee they will become better people in the outside world?? No. As a 'christian school based on Biblical truths (like papa would say ''This is a God varsity not an ordinary university''), there is sure a better way to deal with students. Not this partial rubbish they are doing.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by jemmies: 11:58am On Dec 05, 2012
wat sort of parent will send thier kids to these kind of so called university i wonder wat kind of graduate they will be Finanaly
Finally i come dey Laugh
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
Vanneni please shut up and stop b!tching about CU

If you hate the school so much then LEAVE

As a CU graduate I can't stress enough the serious ADVANTAGE I have had at job interviews when competing against LASU/OSU/LAG candidates...

The relative exposure you get to new technology/learning methods at CU is far ahead of what is obtainable at state-run and other private unis...

Appreciate what you have or GET OUT!

Idiota...

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Gnosticmovement: bfore u guys say he has no right to curse...remember elisha commanded lions to eat up Kids that were laughing @ him..... Gnostic for life mehn
But that doesn't mean he was right. Elisha had seriouse anger problems just like Moses. God granted the curse but that was not a right way to have dealt with those children. He wasted their lives. I don't even understand how God does His things sha. Anyway, I nor suppose understand am all.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TonySpike: 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

I still don't believe that, my friend. Can you do the mathematics of the income generated from students' fees? If and when you do that, I can agree with you. Again, your statement (the bolded) insinuates that the school (covenant University) relies heavily on external income for its sustenance. This, again, sounds very plausible because the University should have been shut down long ago if that were the case.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Skywalker5(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
donachief:
Then the members of faculty and staff started returning back into the chapel, then the education secretary,Mrs.Aize Obayan took to the podium, as she was speaking,students were murmuring,then the Chancellor walked up to the podium and politely took the microphone, he said ''if i hear the voice of any student, the curse of the lord shall fall upon that one''. the chapel went dead silent.

Hmmmmmm
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by DrTony1(m): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
ABU GEORGE: i just luv dis words, wat a nice words, even d rich wants to walk wit d poor. Smoke weed for covenant university i thought it is d skul dat is full wit holy people
When has smoking weed become a sin, its just outlawed by †ђε laws of †ђε land, though some states in †ђε US like Colorado are legalising weed. What most people don't know is that Marijuana(weed) is extremely medicinal with lots of pharmacological uses just browse it upp. But that killer called Ciagrrete is extermely carcinogenic, can cause any cancer you can think of, breast, liver, blood vessesls...anda host of others
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by abouqi(f): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
nneh1: Why won't they smoke weed when the responsible ones don't get admission.

Well, you can apply and let's see whether irresponsible people are given admission.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
tatiana009:

If God places a curse on you every time you disobey (sin), where would you be?
Thank you but the rule had to be broken for the curse to take effect. 'If you make noise you're cursed' Sounds stupid to me. I know God Himself attached curses to certain rules that if broken the curse would take effect. But somehow, when one begins to get tormented by the curse and they run to this God who placed that curse, asking Him for mercy, He pardones them and lifts the curse. He's very patient, warnes us a lot of times. And when He eventually takes action, He says, it's for us to come back to Him because He loves us. These people expelling anyhow, are they doing it out of love? The children/students could go and and constitute a nuisance to the society. Some people are just that sturbborn and harddened. God deals with us based on our respective individuality.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
Find Out!:
[/quote]

[quote author=Find Out!]
. so in essence, CU is a charity right? Please, lets do maths. Enlighten us further so maybe we can even begin to praise Daddy GO

CU is not a charity.

How much does the average CU student pay annually? How many students are in CU?

Averagely a student pays #500,000. Less than 9,000 students.

How much do 10 professors earn annually?

There are more professors in the school, at least there are 3 colleges and none have less than 15. Google is your friend search what an average Nigerian professor earn. Mind you the school gives grant to her scholars (professors/phds/masters (all academic staff inclusive) to national and international seminars and conferences which no government school (both federal and state) can compare. I have fact/data to this effect.

Who pays the money the church 'subvents' to the school? The Federal Government? Oyedepo's personal money (gotten from who else?) ? Or the tithes paid by the parents?
The members give (and not pay) offerings and tithe. Every church of Christ in the world where members willingly and freely give offering you don't go back and start counting this is the much i have given the church. The missionaries that cam to African came because people gave freely to their mission. Its never anybody's money. PLEASE GET THAT RIGHT.

I suspect Oyedepo or his wife or maybe someone he knows might have attended a missionary school (probably pry & secondary) when he was younger. How much did he/they pay?
And this is to mean? Haven't you heard that there is no free meal anywhere in the world not even in Freetown? The salvation that we Christians enjoy freely today was paid for by Christ dearly with His life. Yes Bishop Oyedepo definitely will have attended a free missionary school while he was younger but do you know that most missionaries died of malaria in the bush of Africa while bringing this free education?

How much does the secondary school he owns charge their students as fees yearly? Or the money they pay too can't pay the salary of 10 teachers?
Am sure you're aware there are primary/secondary schools in Lagos/Abuja that charges as much as #1 million per term therefore making #3 million per session per pupil/student and heaven did not fall? Majority of the members of his church are not POOR and the few indigent poor among them are placed on scholarship. Please find out to cure your curiosity.

Who even owns these institutions? Is it God? Is it ''the church'' (if yes, do the church members have 'shares')? Or is it Bishop Oyedepo?
So you think Church is an enterprise where members own shares? Who owns Oral Robert University in America (a christian university)? The Church owns the schools in trust of the Church Trustees.

*Ultimately, everythn we own belongs to God coz when we die, everything stays here on earth, we take nothing with us*
And i belief Bishop Oyedepo has not come out to tell you he own the schools or he will be taking them along when he die.

If you cant provide satisfactory answers to 70% of these questions, then please 'quietly keep quiet' on these your claims so that MOG will not invoke the curse of God on you.
I have pick your question one after the other i have done justice to it 100% so you may keep your advise of 'quietly keep quiet' to yourself. He's my Spiritual father who i follow diligently so erase that notion from your mind that the MOG will invoke curse on me. Elijah invoked curse on 42 rebellious children who disrespected him and they were consumed by 2 bears but its nowhere written in the Bible he cursed his spiritual son Elisha rather he transferred a DOUBLE PORTION of his spirit on Elisha.

For this country to attain and recover her lost glory all Nigerians especially we young ones, the future of this nation, must imbibe the spirit of diligence and forthrightness. Enough of this hypocrite and condoling of corruption and misdemeanor.

FRIENDS YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO SHILOH 2012 AT FAITH TABERNACLE, CANAANLAND, OTA, NIGERIA FOR A TRANSFEREES OF DOUBLE PORTION OF GRACE. December 4 - 8, 2012. 7am & 7pm.

God bless Nairaland! God bless Papa!! God bless Nigeria!!!

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
joey4jo: Sounds like a secondary school..

yeah it does.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osareime(f): 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Stupid school. But more importantly stupid parents that pay school fees in a stupid school and stupid students that agree to waste deir lives in a stupid school.

What pains me is not the school rules it's the horrible character of the staff that claim to be Christians. Tu fia kwa!

But if you find yourself there help yourself and family by obeying and finishing as quickly as you can.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Elebiju: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
STUPIDITY is when you don’t have
a bicycle and you give your last
penny to your pastor to buy a jet.
MUMU is when you can’t pay your
children’s school fees and yet
have money to contribute to your
church to build expensive schools
which your children will never
attend..
IGNORANCE is when you believe it
when your pastor tells you not to
live a worldly life, yet he enjoys all
the best things in the world;the
fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc,
while you
are waiting till you get to heaven
to enjoy your own....
IDIOCY is when you refuse to take
your very sick child to the hospital
because your pastor said you
should not do so, yet that same
pastor secretly runs to USA for
medical attention any time he has
a headache...
KOLO is when you see a poor
beggar on the road and you
refuse to give
him 50 naira out of the 5000
naira in your pocket because it is
your tithe money....
YOU are a zombie when you
trek,dance and gallivant for 30
kilometers under the hot sun
sweating and smelling like shit
during your revival program,
while your pastor is inside a full
option, factory fitted air-
conditionedstate of the art SUV
with
his delectable wife slow driving
along the road.
Stop worshiping your pastors!!!
Stay focused on Jesus The author
and finisher of your Christian
Faith.And learn to study the word.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by abouqi(f): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
Okija_juju: Thats what you get when you mix Education with religion..

Oyedepo using the 'curse of God' as a weapon to threaten students.. If to say person like me dey the school, na that day them for expel me, but Oyedepo would have gotten a good piece of my mind..

No! You would have been expelled before the day, because people like you with 'diarrhoea of the mouth' don't last in such a campus you know.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
chiswaggs:
' ignorantia facti excusat, ignorantia juris non excusat' simply put, ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it. Imagine som1 dat kills and says I did not know that there was a law in Nigeria that forbids killing. In english, ' ignorance of facts excuse, ignorance of the law does not excuse'.
What I'm sayimng is if one can't abide by the rules of a place, they shouldn't go there. It's simple, but some people didn't know or were forced by parents. In this kind of case, they should quietly withdraw or they'll have to adjust if they make up their minds to remain in the school. Me I've tried adjusting but not been able to completely adjust. I still do a lot of things that could land me in trouble. I think it's just God's own mercy upon me that has kept me thus far. This is my 5th year in that school and I',m more than thrilled to be leaving in June next year by God's grace. Yaaaay!cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesygrin. May nothing make me fall into trouble again, amen!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by dnawah(m): 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thank God say God no be man o!no matter wetin u do him go 4give and accept u.GOD of miracle na my papa o.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
deesnipes: Any one getting admission into a private university are aware of the laws right from when you pay ur acceptance fee and u av a copy of d rules and regulations. Furthermore both parents and students do sign a letter of undertaking binding them to these rules and their consequences.so when u disobey, expect consequences( though consequences are not commensurate with offences most times like in this case).
Also schools taking these kind of measures are most times operating from experiences. Many of these private unis were not even 20percent hard as they are now. There has been a lot of abuses from the students and also from parents who think they are high and mighty and there children can get away with anything.an example of this; in my 100level in a private uni, there were some guys from d same family trying to introduce cultism in d school cos they've bin in other unis before, they go abt threating other guys and even to d extent on planning to rape in d female hostels.the student protested to d school administration, d guys were expelled and lo and behold tjeir father sued d school and the case was in court for a very long time to d extent that our registrar had to be on house arrest for a while.after the whole sAga, rules became harder with stiffer penalties.
We also have parents that want to turn private unis into rehabilitation centers for their wayward children so they always complain that the rules are not as strict as they shld be.imagine a child that took permission to go home on a weekend not knowing that the father was also on his way to visit him in school that same day. On getting to the school and did not meet d child it was serious drama asking the school authority who gave them permission to allow d child leave d school; that he was d one that brought d child to school and until he comes to d school to take his child, he shldnt be allowed to leave. This and many more cases like this made d school to start given exit permit once a month.
Parents, students and the school are all to blame. I don't even understand again sef, mstcheew! I'm tired.sad
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by TammAlicia: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
blessed4ril: Y enrol in the uni wen u no u can't abide by their rules and regulations!
i wonda y pple are saying trash, u knw it is a christain university, y go dere they are lots of private universities but you chose them, then u ve to abide by the rules. shikena

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shine1177:

Don't let us be hypocritical in this issue. Note the highlighted, how can a student tell us that he mistakenly signed for someone (presumably a friend) who was not in school? Such person will grow up to tell Nigerian he mistakenly collected fuel subsidy payment without delivering the product just like a federal Minister who got paid #2.7 billion 'mistakenly' for a product he did not deliver.

Virtually everybody belief that Nigerians need a tough man/institution to tame corruption in our nation, we complain that GEJ is weak but when we see a man who is firm on bad character and corruption we cry wolf. Why? Nigeria RONU (think).
Makes sense sha but everything na in moderation we need am. Sadly, that's hardly possible.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Kx:

Really?

yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe / Which English Words Do You Find Difficult Spelling Or Pronouncing? / Violence Mars Rufus Giwa Polytechnic SUG Election, One Student Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.