Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,866 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:11 AM

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students (32543 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / Covenant University Expels 200 Students For Missing Church Service? / New Varsity, Federal University, Lokoja, Admits 200 Students, Takes Off In Janua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by chreldb(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sue the Damn University angry. How can you spend so much money on school fees and be expelled for not attending church. By the time the University gets 200 lawsuits not only demanding reinstatement but financial compensation for inconvenience running into billions lets see if they would still put up lousy laws in the name of the lord. angry.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Kikinki(f): 6:29am On Dec 06, 2012
Lemme ask,is dat they do morning assembly or just a chapel gathering.I only asked house
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2012
"The anger of the Lord shall fall on u" Who d hell does this man think he is I'm officially disappointed. Man of God my foot!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2012
Vanneni: Ahh don't say that. He's a man of God and men of God make mistakes or do things inappropriate things at times. Don't just conclude that he's not a man of God.
so,if men of God mae mistakes,hw much more d students dat r not men of God. Dats where d man got it wrong, He aint a true man of God for two reasons- cursing and later on, rerailiation. Owning a church isnt same thing as bin man of God
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by SELFWORTH: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2012
Vanneni: That's not even possible. If I was rebelliouse and stood my ground then, other options would have come up somehow, I don't know how. Then I was not as stubborn as I am now. I was a good girl.

Did you learn anything at all from your time there?

You probably don't know how lucky you are!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by SELFWORTH: 9:05am On Dec 06, 2012
chloride6: @selfworth are you high

On God always. Totally absorbed by Him.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by phemi01(m): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2012
Mr Shine is a fecking liar.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by sultanemerald(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2012
Gee001: Wot's all these? Arant nonsense! 4 crying out loud dat is a university not some kind of high school! I pity those students because they'll never hv the chance to experience what others in universities do experience. If dey shd miss out all those lifestyles in d university, abi na wen dem graduate dem go start? All of those things are part of life abeg. Bishop free dem jor.
what are you experiencing or what did you experience in your own university? You can't main law and order or abide by the rules of an institution, kindly leave the place. Its a private university. Keyword "private" look upon your dictionary for the meaning of the word "private".

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Odunnu: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2012
Its that time of the year again when we let down the weight on our shoulders and just have fun. Visit this thread, nominate the poster who has been of immense help to you this year through advice or just nice warm posts and lets catch some fun! www.nairaland.com/1120236/2012-official-education-section-poster
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by elrony(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2012
Lmaoh@ "...did Jesus collect tithe frm d jews nd buy a private jet?"lol

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 06, 2012
ngozievergreen:
so,if men of God mae mistakes,hw much more d students dat r not men of
God. Dats where d man got it wrong, He aint a true man of God for two
reasons- cursing and later on, rerailiation. Owning a church isnt same
thing as bin man of God
Anyhow, no one should conclude that he isn't a man of God even when we don't agree with some things he does.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 06, 2012
Church! it sound secondary, i strongly believe dat 70% of this students will be frm the parishioners of the Church - children of Pastors, Elder, Deacons, walkers and so on. so where is the indiscipline coming from. That means the church is not discipline as they preached. May God help us oo.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Did you learn anything at all from your time there?

You probably don't know how lucky you are!
I'm not lucky, I'm priviledged and blessed. I'm still there and I've learnt a few things on spirituality.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
i'm a CU student.......so...plz stp lying...200 suspended nt expelled.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Sogo10: 10:50am On Dec 07, 2012
If it is suspension,i am in total support.but expelled,dat is not discipline.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Shine1177: 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Mavor: You dey compare Jesus Christ and Oyedepo? Shay Jesus Christ collect tithes from the Jews buy private jet ni? Jesus Christ was right to be angry based on the abominations that was going on in the Temple grounds. But Oyedepo na confirmed diva. Any small thing, im go begin dey para. Na so the guy shout for VC on top small matter for front of students. The poor woman dey shake no fit talk. Imagine the bull$hit. She's a professor.

LET HIM THAT HAVE NO SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE!!!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Eyayomosko: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
i'm proud to be a covenant university student.we've been told if you can't adjust to the school rules then leave.i wonder why those who fine it difficult to obey this rule stay back there.
When it's time to attend chapel service,i see no reason why you should stay back.taking of weeds?that's foolishness.
Covenant university is a place where NEW GENERATION OF AFRICAN LEADERS ARE MADE and if you are not willing to be a leader then drop out and remain a fellower

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Eyayomosko: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
also on the issue of the number expelled,they were not up to 10
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by mayours(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
coolkris: Imagine the wastage of sky rocketing school fees...after using thier money to buy private jets he now expels them..he is now biting the fingers that fed him..
Guy, they have rules and regulations..the students violated it and got what they deserve
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Osheshe(f): 5:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Eyayomosko: i'm proud to be a covenant university student.we've been told if you can't adjust to the school rules then leave.i wonder why those who fine it difficult to obey this rule stay back there.
When it's time to attend chapel service,i see no reason why you should stay back.taking of weeds?that's foolishness.
Covenant university is a place where NEW GENERATION OF AFRICAN LEADERS ARE MADE and if you are not willing to be a leader then drop out and remain a fellower

For starters, this is not a boxing arena. Its an online forum and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. If the University can do no wrong before your eyes, good for you! Other individuals may, and indeed do think otherwise.

You need to brush up on your writing skills or better still, proof read before you upload your comments. The Covenant University I know does not breed leaders with poor typing/writing skills. #Just saying...its nothing personal.

This suspension/expulsion issue occured during the departure service, and students vacated the campus the very next day. Pray, do tell...how exactly do you know the students were not up to 10 in number?

Some names may have been announced during the departure service, but those found in the halls of residence would not have been announced. This separate list would have been compiled afterwards, and they'll have their letters handed to them same night, or the very next morning.

You just wait till resumption come January, when you find quite a number of students you know are conspicously 'missing'.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by licensed2k(m): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2012
True, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinions.... Buh some ppl here are over-abusing(sic) the priviledge....
Am not a fan of Bishop Oyedepo neither dat of d nigeria private universties so jst u know but am sure each student was given/told abt d stipuated code of conduct upon bn admitted and made aware of d repercussion bn melted out to d offenders.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Infomizer(m): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
licensed2k: True, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinions.... Buh some ppl here are over-abusing(sic) the priviledge....
Am not a fan of Bishop Oyedepo neither dat of d nigeria private universties so jst u know but am sure each student was given/told abt d stipuated code of conduct upon bn admitted and made aware of d repercussion bn melted out to d offenders.

"True, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinions.... Buh (sic) some ppl (sic) here are over-abusing(sic) the priviledge....
Am (sic) not a fan of Bishop Oyedepo neither dat (sic) of d (sic) nigeria (sic) private universties so jst (sic) u (sic) know but am (sic) sure each student was given/told (sic) abt (sic) d (sic) stipuated (sic) code of conduct upon bn (sic) admitted and made aware of d (sic) repercussion bn (sic) melted (sic) out to d (sic) offenders."

No offense bro, but that's the correct use of the word "sic". Seriously, no harm intended. I'm only trying to enlighten a brother.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
undecided
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by AbbyGabby1: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
Osheshe:

For starters, this is not a boxing arena. Its an online forum and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. If the University can do no wrong before your eyes, good for you! Other individuals may, and indeed do think otherwise.

You need to brush up on your writing skills or better still, proof read before you upload your comments. The Covenant University I know does not breed leaders with poor typing/writing skills. #Just saying...its nothing personal.

This suspension/expulsion issue occured during the departure service, and students vacated the campus the very next day. Pray, do tell...how exactly do you know the students were not up to 10 in number?

Some names may have been announced during the departure service, but those found in the halls of residence would not have been announced. This separate list would have been compiled afterwards, and they'll have their letters handed to them same night, or the very next morning.

You just wait till resumption come January, when you find quite a number of students you know are conspicously 'missing'.
U r soooo bitter! Take it easy, its not like u were expelle or suspended or whatever!
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by djcrown(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2012
Infomizer:

"True, everybody is entitled to his/her own opinions.... Buh (sic) some ppl (sic) here are over-abusing(sic) the priviledge....
Am (sic) not a fan of Bishop Oyedepo neither dat (sic) of d (sic) nigeria (sic) private universties so jst (sic) u (sic) know but am (sic) sure each student was given/told (sic) abt (sic) d (sic) stipuated (sic) code of conduct upon bn (sic) admitted and made aware of d (sic) repercussion bn (sic) melted (sic) out to d (sic) offenders."

No offense bro, but that's the correct use of the word "sic". Seriously, no harm intended. I'm only trying to enlighten a brother.
((sic)) what does the word sic means abeg no yab me o
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2012
^ Oludaniels, you're harsh o, haba yaro! You can make your point without insulting anyone...
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 8:13am On Dec 18, 2012
Vanneni: ^ Oludaniels, you're harsh o, haba yaro! You can make your point without insulting anyone...

that guy really pissed me off i could slap the guy in real life..CU and UNILAG howww? its like comparing Coventry uni and Imperial...where is he coming from? let him accept the fact that he just lost the university phase of his life....i could have done better buh that guy is cow dung
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 18, 2012
sad. I understand. That's his own opinion and you can't go around slapping everyone who's opinion you don't agree with unless they're extremely unreasonable. In that case I too can like to slap o, lol grin.
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by oludaniels: 8:46am On Dec 18, 2012
Vanneni: sad. I understand. That's his own opinion and you can't go around slapping everyone who's opinion you don't agree with unless they're extremely unreasonable. In that case I too can like to slap o, lol grin.

oya please dont slap o..u saw karen igho's face? hmm badthings fit shele briefly...lol
Re: Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 18, 2012
oludaniels:

oya please dont slap o..u saw karen igho's face? hmm badthings fit shele briefly...lol
Haha grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What You Need To Know If You Need Admission Into UNN / Is Change Of Date Of Birth Still Possible On Waec Result / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.