Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5728076 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (3473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 7:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Herzumpther:
I love ukodo eh lol. I love it especially with goat meat also prepared by adding lemon grass in it. The aroma of lemon grass makes me go hungry when ever I perceive itgrin

Guess you are from Delta state?

Lemon grass, like lemon grass shocked
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
omicron:

Lemon grass, like lemon grass shocked
Lol. Its not we eat it, its just the aroma that is needed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lol. Its not we eat it, its just the aroma that is needed

Hmmm, so how is it used, even if for aroma?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
omicron:

Hmmm, so how is it used, even if for aroma?
I wash it well to remove the sand and then wrap it to avoid it scattering inside my ukodo, cover my pot and when my food is ready I remove it that's all. smiley some people take it like tea too, it is highly medicinal.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlackBaron: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
Stuffed chicken cooked in the oven and garnished with varieties tongue

Pic 3 is Spaghetti bolognese with carrots and broccoli and cheese.
Got so much more...cooked with my uni mates then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
Herzumpther:
I wash it well to remove the sand and then wrap it to avoid it scattering inside my ukodo, cover my pot and when my food is ready I remove it that's all. smiley some people take it like tea too, it is highly medicinal.

Ok, nice. Leave the medicinal part sha, I won't be bought. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
omicron:

Ok, nice. Leave the medicinal part sha, I won't be bought. grin
grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
Herzumpther:
I love ukodo eh lol. I love it especially with goat meat also prepared by adding lemon grass in it. The aroma of lemon grass makes me go hungry when ever I perceive itgrin

Guess you are from Delta state?
yes oo.. Am a true Deltan.... My mum added lemon grass

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Herzumpther:
dats exactly how its done....wrapped
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
BlackBaron:
Stuffed chicken cooked in the oven and garnished with varieties tongue

Pic 3 is Spaghetti bolognese with carrots and broccoli.
Got so much more...cooked with my uni mates then
invite me na....na god i use beg u
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 10, 2015
Cowfoot ,okporoko with Egusi and Ogbono soup and some bitter leaf
Azubuike will lick fingers taya today

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 10, 2015
Mac and cheese cooking for the "Americanas"

Ingredients
Macaroni
Velvettta cheese
Cheddar cheese
Evaporated milk
Fresh milk
Eggs

1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 10, 2015
Done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2015
babyosisi:
Mac and cheese cooking for the "Americanas"

Ingredients
Macaroni
Velvettta cheese
Cheddar cheese
Evaporated milk
Fresh milk
Eggs
Wow good morning ma'am. Please give me the recipe and can this velvettta cheese and cheddar cheese be found here in Nigeria?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chimajii: 6:44am On Jan 10, 2015
Herzumpther:
Wow good morning ma'am. Please give me the recipe and can this velvettta cheese and cheddar cheese be found here in Nigeria?

She won't give u untill u write ur Recipe for that abacha u made tongue goodmornin

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 10, 2015
chimajii:

She won't give u untill u write ur Recipe for that abacha u made tongue goodmornin
Lol
I didn't write it because nobody asked of it. Good morning. grin
Please allow her give me her recipe cry cry

Do you need the recipe?? If you need it I will post it for you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2015
E
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 10, 2015
D
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
chimajii:

smiley

My Abacha preparation. smiley

Ingredients.
Abacha (dry African salad)
Ugba
Crayfish
Maggi
Palm oil
Potash
Salt
Pepper
Garden egg
Utazi leaf
Onion.

I soaked my dried abacha in boiled water for about 3 to 4 minutes then I sieved and kept it in a separate bowl.

I blended my crayfish and sliced my onion, garden egg and utazi leaf.I dissolved my powdered potash with water just to filter out unwanted solid material that is embedded in the potash.

I filtered my dissolved postash into a mortar and added palm oil then I stired until it formed a yellowish paste. (I stired using a small pistle) I added my crayfish, pepper, Maggi and salt to taste then I staired again. I added my ugba to the mixture and stired again.I added my abacha and stired the whole mixture together after which I transfered it from the mortar to a pot and heated it a bit because my parent like it warm.

I already sliced my garden egg, utazi leaf and onions as I said earlier, I already fried my fish too.

After heating to make it warm I served adding my garden egg, utazi leaf and my fried fish on it. I also sliced a bit of fresh pepper on the one I gave my mum because she likes the feel of it. smiley

Please I'm actually not from the east, the way I prepared it is the way my mum taught me so I stand to be corrected if there is a place I made mistake or if there is anything I missed you can tell me. Thanks. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
Now I'm hungry for abachasad

Is your mom from the east?
Herzumpther:
smiley

My Abacha preparation. smiley

Ingredients.
Abacha (dry African salad)
Ugba
Crayfish
Maggi
Palm oil
Potash
Salt
Pepper
Garden egg
Utazi leaf
Onion.

I soaked my dried abachin in boiled water for about 3 to 4 minutes then I sieved and kept it in a separate bowl.

I blended my crayfish and sliced my onion, garden egg and utazi leaf.I dissolved my powdered potash with water just to filter out unwanted solid material that is embedded in the potash.

I filtered my dissolved postash into a mortar and added palm oil then I stired until it formed a yellowish paste. (I stired using a small pistle) I added my crayfish, pepper, Maggi and salt to taste then I staired again. I added my ugba to the mixture and stired again.I added my abacha and stired the whole mixture together after which I transfered it from the mortar to a pot and heated it a bit because my parent likes it warm.

I already sliced my garden egg, utazi leaf and onions as I said earlier, I already fried my fish too.

After heating to make it warm I served adding my garden egg, utazi leaf and on it. I also sliced a bit of fresh pepper on the one I gave my mum because she likes the feel of it. smiley

Please I'm actually not from the east, the way I prepared it is the way my mum taught me so I stand to be corrected if there is a place I made mistake or if there is anything I missed you can tell me. Thanks. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
cococandy:
Now I'm hungry for abachasad

Is your mom from the east?
No we are deltans but we stayed in Abia and IMO when my dad was serving there. I was born in Umuahia.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
Herzumpther:
No we are deltans but we stayed in Abia and IMO when my dad was serving there. I was born in Umuahia.
oh. Explains it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Herzumpther:
Good morning and I love you too. smiley

I soaked my corn for 3 days so yesterday morning I wahsed and took it to the engine for grinding after which I filtered it with that clothllike kind of ffilter. ( the one you tie to a rubber baff and white in colour). I allowed it to settle then removed the water after which I lit my fire, placed my pot on the fire, poured my filtered corn into the pot and added water to melt it to my taste (so as to make it soft and soft to my taste and just as if you are mixing pap with cold water to melt it before adding hot water) then I started turning it on the fire with a clean stick till it forms agidi I then wrapped it immediately with leaf (moimoi leaf).

Damn!

You're good.

Do you also prepare your moi-moi this way? With (plantain?) leaves?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
halldoran:

Why acting ignorant?
Did you cook the cornflakes?

The thread says cook and post here..

Incase you dont know, she cooked the cornflakes by adding boiled water she prepared to it.
btw, wetin concern you, wey your own food wey you cook?

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Damn!

You're good.

Do you also prepare your moi-moi this way? With (plantain?) leaves?
Yes I do. There is this special taste the leaf adds to it lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
Akposy:

leave our herzumpther alone oo

Dont mind him/her, thats how they start.
Azumpther dont mind them jare, paste anything that comes out of your kitchen whether cooked or not.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Herzumpther:
Yes I do. There is this special taste the leaf adds to it lol.

And you use firewood for this too?

How do you prepare the plantain leaves for the moi-moi? Do you sort of dry them out first? Or do you just use them fresh from the plant?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chillisauce:

Dont mind him/her, thats how they start.
Azumpther dont mind them jare, paste anything that comes out of your kitchen whether cooked or not.

I've missed your meals, you just disappear and reappear lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
after yrs, i finally made abacha cheesy
Came out good.

I used a particular chinese rice that taste and look like the real abacha.
Used my Aubergine as garden egg.

No ugba embarassed

That was the only thing missing.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chinese rice to replace cassava.

Boiled fish, (too hungry to bake my fish)
Final product.

cheesy

I try na.

Improvising .

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
EfemenaXY:

And you use firewood for this too?

How do you prepare the plantain leaves for the moi-moi? Do you sort of dry them out first? Or do you just use them fresh from the plant?
I use firewood or charcoal depending on the quantity.

Using plantain leaves after cutting from the plantain tree I put it inside hot water or after setting the firewood you place the leave on the fire, it will make it soft then you can wrap with it.

Using moi- moi leaves I use them straight Just the way I buy them. All I do is wash it clean.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chillisauce:
Chinese rice to replace cassava.

Boiled fish, (too hungry to bake my fish)
Final product.

cheesy

I try na.

Improvising .
Na rice long like that? Chai.
Yummy wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (3473) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cetona(f), MissSlimbody(f), emmytemmy, Picollom, prittyboi(m), Juwessgratitud3, jahson19(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.