Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5727775 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (3472) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
veave:

if I hear sey I no wan hear am. Tell me what happened? grin
This woman grin grin

There is this thing chillisauce posted and called it sausage. 2 years ago my elder sister and her husband took me to a party and they served me German food which included that sausage. I then turned to my sister and her husband and said 'Why did they put bolle (roasted plantain) inside my food na' grin imagine me asking such in the midst of people. My sister just held my mouth and stylishly said 'madam lefty let me cut it for you'......I con code say I don disgrace my sister and her hubby o. grin It was when I ate it I realized it was not plantain so when chillisauce posted it here I recognized it. grin I didn't ask my sister for the name because I didn't want her to blast me until I saw it here, I con sabi say na sausage be the name. My sister dey use am yab me till tomorrow. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
Indomie and egg with my burnt plantain

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

There is one that looks like yam. Can that one be eaten?. I know the smaller ones are used for bitterleaf or oha soup. Cos they are slimy
All cocoyams are eaten. smiley yes those slimy once are use for bitter leaf and Ede soup.

The one I don't like is water yam. I only buy it when I want to use it for akara.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Rice and fish stew with plantain

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jumzzy448: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mia kuka

ewa agoin ( don't know if I spelt it well)

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
All cocoyams are eaten. smiley yes those slimy once are use for bitter leaf and Ede soup.

The one I don't like is water yam. I only buy it when I want to use it for akara.

I mean eaten like Yam. Water Yam? Not sure I have seen that one
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
cococandy:

No o grin

When it does you will receive special notification
Yes o!
Looking forward to it at d appointed tiime kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:

That black one that don't have hairs on d body.
So sweet when roasted.
I think it's scarce.
That one u did we call it coco india. Don't know if it actually originated from there
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

Its like this. When the big cocoyam is harvested, you will find the small and slim once on the body...(I.e attached to the body) that's the once they use for soup. Those big and some slim and small once are eaten like yam.

I would try get water yam for akara. I will snap and show you......I just don't like it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Its like this. When the big cocoyam is harvested, you will find the small and slim once on the body...(I.e attached to the body) that's the once they use for soup. Those big and some slim and small once are eaten like yam.

I would try get water yam for akara. I will snap and show you......I just don't like it.

I'm not interested in water yam. I'm interested in that one you posted. It taste somehow like old yam but softer version. I don't want to buy and carry the slimy ones thinking it's the real stuff. Make I no get allergies.

cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

There r many types of water yam. I prefer it to ordinary yam(less calories)
Highly recommended for diabetics.

There is another type called ona. Don't know d English name. It can make u dizzy and sluggish after eating if u didn't cook it well.
Infact heard lots of stories about that yam.
I so much lv it but then,its scarce and poisonous too.

I be yam freak then o.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
bukatyne:

Lols @ working so had to earn a living and hardly having time to cook

Lols again

Dora Akunyili still had plenty time to cook
Olodo who brought you here? grin
Guess you came to defend your arrogant friend.
Teach her manners.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
veave:

she stays in Abuja. let me ask her if she can do a delivery for KD.

Actually prefer someone resident in KD for ease of pickup or delivery, anyhow both parties want it...

Is zaria far?? There's this madam Jigawa I know..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

There is another type called ona. Don't know d English name. It can make u dizzy and sluggish after eating if u didn't cook it well.
I be yam freak then o.

Now you are making me scared. Make I carry my long throat go one corner sha cheesy. Before I eat poison.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

That black one that don't have hairs on d body.
So sweet when roasted.
I think it's scarce.
That one u did we call it coco india. Don't know if it actually originated from there
Lol. For the 3 years I lived with my grandparent in the village I never saw a black cocoyam cheesy
Thanks for telling me, I will check our farm when next I visit the village and I will also check when I go harvest the one in our farm here in Lagos in 2 weeks time. We are in the season of the one I cooked.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

I'm not interested in water yam. I'm interested in that one you posted. It taste somehow like old yam but softer version. I don't want to buy and carry the slimy ones thinking it's the real stuff. Make I no get allergies.

cheesy
Lmao. Do you want the picture of the one I cooked? Yes is very sweet but takes longer time to cook unlike yam. mind you, its better eaten when hot because when it gets cold eh, the thing go strong like olumo rock. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lmao. Do you want the picture of the one I cooked? Yes is very sweet but takes longer time to cook unlike yam. mind you, its better eaten when hot because when it gets cold eh, the thing go strong like olumo rock. grin

Ha! Strong ke. That means too much starch. Each one will be like 1500calories cheesy

I no chop again. Make I go find iris potato manage. tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

I be yam freak then o.
I hate water yam, I only use it for akara. sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by veave(f): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
This woman grin grin

There is this thing chillisauce posted and called it sausage. 2 years ago my elder sister and her husband took me to a party and they served me German food which included that sausage. I then turned to my sister and her husband and said 'Why did they put bolle (roasted plantain) inside my food na' grin imagine me asking such in the midst of people. My sister just held my mouth and stylishly said 'madam lefty let me cut it for you'......I con code say I don disgrace my sister and her hubby o. grin It was when I ate it I realized it was not plantain so when chillisauce posted it here I recognized it. grin I didn't ask my sister for the name because I didn't want her to blast me until I saw it here, I con sabi say na sausage be the name. My sister dey use am yab me till tomorrow. cheesy

Please don't finish me with laughter..... rotfl...
grin

Your own better. I will tell you my table blunder soon...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

Ha! Strong ke. That means too much starch. Each one will be like 1500calories cheesy

I no chop again. Make I go find iris potato manage. tongue
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Imagine the one I posted here, we were 4 that ate it. Very sweet with that oil combination but when it stated getting cold, God just sent my father home early that day, he finished it for me, my mum and brother.

My both parent are hypertensive so that is the kind of food they eat. I head is also good for BP patients. Dad has been disturbing me to go buy more but I don't want to buy what we have in our farm, will just go havest it for him.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
veave:

Please don't finish me with laughter..... rotfl...
grin

Your own better. I will tell you my table blunder soon...
Abeg tell me now jor. grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by bukatyne(f): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Olodo who brought you here? grin
Guess you came to fight for your arrogant friend.

Do you know the meaning of olodo?

I did not come to fight for anyone; your assertion that you were too busy to cook interested me.

And honestly, I think you should really follow your signature; you need it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

Now you are making me scared. Make I carry my long throat go one corner sha cheesy. Before I eat poison.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Imagine the one I posted here, we were 4 that ate it. Very sweet with that oil combination but when it stated getting cold, God just sent my father home early that day, he finished it for me, my mum and brother.

My both parent are hypertensive so that is the kind of food they eat. I head is also good for BP patients. Dad has been disturbing me to go buy more but I don't want to buy what we have in our farm, will just go havest it for him.

Moca said it's not good cos too much starch. Suggest to get docs recommendations.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yep,its good for hbp patients.
Cocoyam is very good. 100% better than yam.
My mummy don't like foofoo,garri and co. Her only swallow was cocoyam head mixed with dwarf banana(another very healthy food for d diabetics and all)
As per that dwarf banana, I cook and eat it like that.very medicinal.
D problem is to cook and pound that thing na big work. I never did but will eat.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

Moca said it's not good cos too much starch. Suggest to get docs recommendations.
Hmmm..moca.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
angry angry
Na wa o!!! I stay online all day, all I get is food and love talk from Manny and Herzumpther! undecided embarassed
I go to work, I return to meet 5 pages of fight? shocked shocked shocked

MakeFoodNotWar!!! kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

Yep,its good for hbp patients.
Cocoyam is very good. 100% better than yam.
My mummy don't like foofoo,garri and co. Her only swallow was cocoyam head mixed with dwarf banana(another very healthy food for d diabetics and all)
As per that dwarf banana, I cook and eat it like that.very medicinal.
D problem is to cook and pound that thing na big work. I never did but will eat.
Do you mean those short plantian that is never sweet even when fried?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Chillisauce:

Chilli don come with her onyokometer! cheesy
Hian! shocked cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
tchidi:
angry angry
Na wa o!!! I stay online all day, all I get is food and love talk from Manny and Herzumpther! undecided embarassed

I thought you are a moderator here. You are here kissing the fighters instead of locking them up. You try , you hear. Just hope say you no be moderator
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
tchidi:
angry angry

Love talk? shocked

BTW where is Manny tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2015
moca:

Chilli don come with her onyokometer! cheesy
Hian! shocked cheesy
What. I thought the thing here should be "starch".

Cocoyam with plenty starch and yam with lesser starch, which is better cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (3472) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IVORY2009(m), TheWinterBird(f), JstBrave(f), opeyemi3737, shilz(f), cephasdultimate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.