Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5731295 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
i broiled it.
If your oven doesn't have the broil option, you can bake at high temperature like 400•, checking it constantly until it is as cooked as you want it.
I wanted my a bit dry because I was gonna soak it in sauce anyway so I broiled it.
Ok, thanks a lot.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Brekkie earlier today.

Yam and fish pepper soup served with ripe plantain.

Dessert: oranges & bananas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
Herzumpther:
What's wrong? shocked

I'm typing this from Makurdi!! Mumsy finally said 'My God will go with you, and break you up if it's not his will, grin angry
Well, these people wan use pounded yam and all kinda meat to wound me!!
Rat meat, pork, chicken.... embarassed embarassed
Somborry sout hallelu.....
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
tchidi:

I'm typing this from Makurdi!! Mumsy finally said 'My God will go with you, and break you up if it's not his will, grin angry
Well, these people wan use pounded yam and all kinda meat to wound me!!
Rat meat, pork, chicken.... embarassed embarassed
Somborry sout hallelu.....
Hallelujahhhhhh cheesy Yepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin

My sister chop belleful abeg cheesy I'm dancing already o lol.

Babyosisi come and hear oooooo cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jennifer89(f): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
Akposy:
I made dis oat and ripe plantain pancake......

MrsOj....i did not ground my oat oooo and it came out well

plz whats the ingredients and steps
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
lekpalicious:
Am drooling over here. Your husband is such a lucky guy smiley
awww smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Smoked turkey reduced stew. Thinking what to eat with that come lunch grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
i broiled it.
If your oven doesn't have the broil option, you can bake at high temperature like 400•, checking it constantly until it is as cooked as you want it.
I wanted my a bit dry because I was gonna soak it in sauce anyway so I broiled it.
Biko is d broiling same as grilling?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Biko is d broiling same as grilling?
no. But grilling sounds fine too.

You can grill almost anything
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Lunch.
Grilled cinnamon bread, fish and egg sandwich.
Mocha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
Ewuro4:
Smoked turkey reduced stew. Thinking what to eat with that come lunch grin
Oh knack am with amala ati ewedu or fried yam aka dundun grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
Lunch.
Mocha
I like this one. Is that a cup of coffee? I am allergic to coffee.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Brekkie earlier today.

Yam and fish pepper soup served with ripe plantain.

Dessert: oranges & bananas.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2347023_dsc0328_jpegb99688707bb5c35dbeac2788dba44d6d
I think the nutrient level of that meal is low.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
I like this one. Is that a cup of coffee. I am allergic to coffee.
mocha. Coffee and hot cocoa mix with creamer.

Lots of calories embarassed
God help me.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:

I think the nutrient level of that meal is low.

Really?

How so? What's lacking?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 8:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Oh knack am with amala ati ewedu or fried yam aka dundun grin

Hehe grin oshe jare. I chopped the pepper so fried yam it is. embarassed never crossed my mind. I'll use my dust collecting actifty.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Really?

How so? What's lacking?
Weighing in on the nutrient level regardless of the calorific value there is no vitamin B,K,D,etc in good quantity there, no lipid, no calcium, magnesium, etc. In fact, that meal can not sustain a healthy body.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
mocha. Coffee and hot cocoa mix with creamer.

Lots of calories embarassed
God help me.
Hahaha... You can go on gym to keep a good shape. How tall are you?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
Hahaha... You can go on gym to keep a good shape. How tall are you?
yea I work out. That's why I'm not yet fat with all this food I'm consuming.

Not very tall lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
yea I work out. That's why I'm not yet fat with all this food I'm consuming.

Not very tall lipsrsealed
Good. I don't have problem with women height as long as it is not of a midget. I don't admire very tall girls(6 ft and above) though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tchiwinnie: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
no. But grilling sounds fine too.

You can grill almost anything
ok thanks. I went for d grilling
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emytexboy(m): 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
Lunch.
Mocha
are you sure you made that

tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
Emytexboy:

are you sure you made that

tongue
yes. Simplest thing to make.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emytexboy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
yes. Simplest thing to make.
I admire you cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Emytexboy:

I admire you cheesy
thank you smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Emytexboy(m): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
cococandy:
thank you smiley
ur wlcm
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
Weighing in on the nutrient level regardless of the calorific value there is no vitamin B,K,D,etc in good quantity there, no lipid, no calcium, magnesium, etc. In fact, that meal can not sustain a healthy body.

Really? Let's see.

Fish: Vitamin B. B6 to be precise.

Fatty Fish Oils: Vitamin D

Bananas (per 118g):

~ Vitamin B6: 25%

~ Manganese: 16%

~ Vitamin C: 14%

~ Potassium: 12%

~ Fiber: 12%

~ Copper: 10%

~ Biotin: 10%

Oranges (per 180g serving size):

Vitamin A (8%), Vitamin C (160%), Calcium (7%), Iron (1%).

Red Palm Oil:

Red palm oil provides a perfect solution. It supplies the needed fat and vitamin A precursors. Red palm oil is the richest dietary source of provitamin A carotenes (beta-carotene and alpha-carotene). It has 15 times more provitamin A carotenes than carrots and 300 times more than tomatoes. This has made it a valued resource in the treatment of vitamin A deficiency. Just one teaspoon a day of red palm oil supplies children with the daily recommend amount of vitamin A. Nursing mothers are encouraged to supplement their diet with palm oil to enrich their milk with the vitamin. Studies show that adding red palm oil into the diet can double or triple the amount of vitamin A in mother's milk.

Boiled plantains:

Vitamin A (36%) Vitamin C (36%) Iron (6%)

Yams: Vitamin A (3%) Vitamin C (27%) Iron (4%), Calcium (2%)

Crayfish (per 100g)

Vitamin A (1%)
Calcium (5%)
Iron (6%)
Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Vitamin B-12 (51%)
Magnesium (8%)

So pray,do tell, what exactly is/was missing from their breakfast?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Really? Let's see.

Bananas (per 118g):

Red Palm Oil:

Red palm oil provides a perfect solution. It supplies the needed fat and vitamin A precursors. Red palm oil is the richest dietary source of provitamin A carotenes (beta-carotene and alpha-carotene). It has 15 times more provitamin A carotenes than carrots and 300 times more than tomatoes. This has made it a valued resource in the treatment of vitamin A deficiency. Just one teaspoon a day of red palm oil supplies children with the daily recommend amount of vitamin A. Nursing mothers are encouraged to supplement their diet with palm oil to enrich their milk with the vitamin. Studies show that adding red palm oil into the diet can double or triple the amount of vitamin A in mother's milk.

Boiled plantains:

Crayfish (per 100g)

Vitamin A (1%)
Calcium (5%)
Iron (6%)
Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Vitamin B-12 (51%)
Magnesium (8%)

You still don't get it. Not enough where you have them and lacking in some. You just want to make it looks as if that meal can sustain a healthy body when it is not.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
grin

You will submit thesis to all4naija today.

EfemenaXY:

Really? Let's see.

Bananas (per 118g):

Red Palm Oil:

Boiled plantains:

Crayfish (per 100g)

Vitamin A (1%)
Calcium (5%)
Iron (6%)
Vitamin B-6 (5%)
Vitamin B-12 (51%)
Magnesium (8%)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:
You still don't get it. Not enough where you have them and lacking in some. You just want to make it looks as if that meal can sustain a healthy body when it is not.

Yes, it can and has - for donkey years.

So I ask you again, what exactly is missing from it? I don't believe in bulk feeding my kids into obesity because someone thinks quantity rates higher than quality. They are all fit, energetic, and just dandy, thank you very much. As per your post below, you listed vitamins B, D, K, magnesium, etc missing from the meal and I've proven you wrong.

I haven't even touched on the calorific values of them YET.

all4naija:
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Yes, it can and has - for donkey years.

So I ask you again, what exactly is missing from it? I don't believe in bulk feeding my kids into obesity because someone thinks quantity rates higher than quality. They are all fit, energetic, and just dandy, thank you very much.
Okay! I still think it can't sustain a healthy body. Let's agree to disagree.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
all4naija:

Okay! I still think it can't sustain a healthy body. Let's agree to disagree.

And why can't it sustain a healthy body? Do you just make assertions plucked from the thin air without being able to back them up? I haven't even touched on the nutritional values of the red peppers that went into that pepper soup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.