Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5715287 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (3467) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugah: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2015
Fluffy american style pancakes with butter and syrup

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
Roland17:

Hiaaaa..chim ooooo..make e no be say u dey swear for me so oo?

The only thing wen I fit guess there na that "zo" which I believe means "come"

I try?

Lol! Yes, Zo means come. I said when you are ready, come.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by vokalguy(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi:

That's just regular pancake I folded. smiley

We call them pancakes but they are known as crepes here. I actually prefer them to regular pancakes because they are lighter and they actually taste better if you ask me.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
effie03:
thinking of what to make with this

Okra soup. Burst of flavour at every bite jezz grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
I went to market! Armed with my list, only to be confused convinced by my customer to cook ATAMA soup instead of vegetable soup. I never cook am before o!! She just gave me an idea of what i'll need and how to do it. I pray it turns out fine. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Any hint from una side? sad

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi:
I went to market! Armed with my list, only to be confused convinced by my customer to cook ATAMA soup instead of vegetable soup. I never cook am before o!! She just gave me an idea of what i'll need and how to do it. I pray it turns out fine. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I know those kind of people.

"Customer you no go try this one?" grin

Well I doubt I've heard about the soup before.
Google it. Or YouTube it. You may find something.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi....what'd that looking at me from side view.
I like Atama...reminds me of my Akwa Ibom friend.
Am joining you for...dinner. tongue tongue grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Queen47. Your Akara looks nice. How do you go about it? Need to make some this weekend. cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi:

Choi! See eyes ooo cheesy

***modified

Tchidi - your profile pic is deep yet hilarious...I had to read the response twice to understand its impact. We all need to look into the mirror.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queen47: 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
FannySwindler:
Queen47. Your Akara looks nice. How do you go about it? Need to make some this weekend. cool

Thanks.

After peeling the beans.

Blend with 1/2 onion and pepper (hot one) - I added a lil slice of red pepper to add a bit of colour to it so it doesnt come out looking white

Put in a bowl and add salt and stir for a while ( the commercial sellers do this in a mortar but i improvised with a bowl since i dont have one.

Put your oil on fire and let it heat a bit but not too hot

Scoop your blended beans mixture and add in the oil.

Allow to fry and then turn it to the other side and fry aswell.

Enjoy your home made akara
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lepasharon(f): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Kimoni:

Choi! See eyes ooo cheesy

***modified

Tchidi - your profile pic is deep yet hilarious...I had to read the response twice to understand its impact. We all need to look into the mirror.

The stockfish was not finding it funny o!! cheesy grin

@dp, yea. If only we would look into the the mirror... embarassed

And YES!!! The ATAMA was WOW!!!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi:

The stockfish was not finding it funny o!! cheesy grin

@dp, yea. If only we would look into the the mirror... embarassed

And YES!!! The ATAMA was WOW!!!! shocked shocked
so how did you finally make it. What and what did you use?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
cococandy:
so how did you finally make it. What and what did you use?

Atama leaf
Water leaf
Stockfish/dried fish
Egusi (small cup)
Pepper and crayfish

Boil your meat/stockfish/dried fish till cooked and has little stock. Add washed/chopped waterleaf. Leave to boil for 3/4 mins, add pepper, crayfish and egusi, leave to boil for another 3 mins, add oil. When it has boiled 'round' like my mum will say, add the atama leaf. Boil for 5 mins, bring it down. Shikenan.

Disclaimer: this is my version o!! Incase one calabar person wan come para with me. angry

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
No vex abeg, What is atama leaf?
tchidi:

Atama leaf
Water leaf
Stockfish/dried fish
Egusi (small cup)
Pepper and crayfish

Boil your meat/stockfish/dried fish till cooked and has little stock. Add washed/chopped waterleaf. Leave to boil for 3/4 mins, add pepper, crayfish and egusi, leave to boil for another 3 mins, add oil. When it has boiled 'round' like my mum will say, add the atama leaf. Boil for 5 mins, bring it down. Shikenan.

Disclaimer: this is my version o!! Incase one calabar person wan come para with me. angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
cococandy:
No vex abeg, What is atama leaf?

Ehmmm... that's the name fa!! embarassed embarassed may need to ask an efik person that.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
^^^^Let me google.

Where I wan find efik person cheesy

Thanks very much though.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
queen47. Thanks for the explanation. Will make an attempt soon. I think...my mistake is over blending it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi:

What a mean looking fish, I bet it tastes just as sweet as how mean it looks. grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
tchidi:

LoL!! cheesy cheesy
Yes, plantain! angry tongue
No, I bought it here in Zaria. 450 bucks. Its quite meaty. I'll bring the outcome here. embarassed tongue
Hello. Buy fura 4 me.....i miss Zaria
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hello guyz!!! Its bin a while........una just 4get me....... #crying#
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Akposy:
Hello guyz!!! Its bin a while........una just 4get me....... #crying#

Na you abandon us.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by queen47: 8:38am On Aug 22, 2015
FannySwindler:
queen47. Thanks for the explanation. Will make an attempt soon. I think...my mistake is over blending it.

You are welcome.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Porridge sweet potatoes with uziza leaf.

Those 2 balls of pepper are my idea of 'plating'. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by thelish(f): 11:42am On Aug 22, 2015
cococandy:
^^^^Let me google.

Where I wan find efik person cheesy

Thanks very much though.
This one u r so inquisitive about d food, u wan cook am?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 22, 2015
That's the whole idea na... learn new recipes. embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2015
Owo soup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by candance: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
@moberry,kindly assist with d recipe n preparation of ur owo soup.thank you
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
thelish:
Duh? She no go use different soups hold her DH? Dem dey tell persin ni?

Nne Coco, dey explore dey go jare...to avoid oga mixing soup outside. Put ya oyolima on lock ee... grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
thelish:

Yea. If I find out what the leaf is.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
candance:
@moberry,kindly assist with d recipe n preparation of ur owo soup.thank you

Unfortunately it doesn't have a particular recipe, when mumsi taught me, she usually eyeballed the quantity of each ingredient and thats how i do it now embarassed. While i can give you the ingredients and the order of how you can cook it, i wont be able to give you measurement.
Will you be okay with that ?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by candance: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
B

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (3467) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ogechukwu01, Yashita, StephOkemini, Tranquility2345, bibelo, sulips(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.