Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5731366 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2016
Iamanonymouss:

Ma'am pls can you paste your bread recipe here. Thanks.

Pls how do you preserve the bread from getting stale the next day.

Thanks

4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp oil
1 cup water plus 2tbsp
2 tbsp sugar or more
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp low fat margarine or butter..
Directions.
If you have a mixer and it has bread hook, then
Shift your flour in the mixing bowl, add your sugar, salt, yeast, milk and butter. Mix with hand, make a well in the flour and pour in your water, oil and add any flavour of your choice if you want max half teaspoon. Mix by hand or with a spatula or Garri turner. When it's folded attach your bread hook to your mixer and start kneading it for 8 -10 mins.
Bring your bowl out and cover very well for 1 and half hours.
Take back to knead again for 3-5 mins more. Flour a suface or kneading wood and knead by hand to make sure it's not sticky then roll like a ball and spread it long to fit into your already greased pan. Place the dough in the pan and cover for 45 mins to 1hour. Then bake in a preaheated oven in medium heat for 30- 35 mins or until the bread is done. You can do egg wash before baking or after baking you melt little butter and run on top of the bread and allow to cool.

For preservation.
Your bread won't go stale for atleast 3-4 days if you put in the fridge. But if you want to keep for a week to weeks then you can add rum or powder preservatives.

NB. Please the water should be room temperature.
If you are using hand, then knead it for 10-12 mins and knead for 5 mins the second time on floured surface.

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by dopeJemi: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2016
The salad was the best part

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iamanonymouss: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
loveymom:

4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp oil
1 cup water plus 2tbsp
2 tbsp sugar or more
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp low fat margarine or butter..
Directions.
If you have a mixer and it has bread hook, then
Shift your flour in the mixing bowl, add your sugar, salt, yeast, milk and butter. Mix with hand, make a well in the flour and pour in your water, oil and add any flavour of your choice if you want max half teaspoon. Mix by hand or with a spatula or Garri turner. When it's folded attach your bread hook to your mixer and start kneading it for 8 -10 mins.
Bring your bowl out and cover very well for 1 and half hours.
Take back to knead again for 3-5 mins more. Flour a suface or kneading wood and knead by hand to make sure it's not sticky then roll like a ball and spread it long to fit into your already greased pan. Place the dough in the pan and cover for 45 mins to 1hour. Then bake in a preaheated oven in medium heat for 30- 35 mins or until the bread is done. You can do egg wash before baking or after baking you melt little butter and run on top of the bread and allow to cool.

For preservation.
Your bread won't go stale for atleast 3-4 days if you put in the fridge. But if you want to keep for a week to weeks then you can add rum or powder preservatives.

NB. Please the water should be room temperature.
If you are using hand, then knead it for 10-12 mins and knead for 5 mins the second time on floured surface.

Thanks a lot ma'am. Been of great help
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iamanonymouss: 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please who has any idea where I can get an electric mixer in Lagos for about 7 or 8k or even less. A brand that will last oh.

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
Iamanonymouss:

Thanks a lot ma'am. Been of great help

You are welcome, let me know how it turned out.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iamanonymouss: 2:53am On Dec 02, 2016
loveymom:

You are welcome, let me know how it turned out.

I've been kneading with hands. Always turned our like biscuit. I'll try and get a mixer soon and do more experiments.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 02, 2016
Iamanonymouss:

I've been kneading with hands. Always turned our like biscuit. I'll try and get a mixer soon and do more experiments.

Kneading with hand is alot of work and require a technic. My bread don't come out soft enough if I knead with hand as well. So getting a mixer is the best as you can also use it for cake too.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2016
wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by breadplanets(f): 11:36am On Dec 02, 2016
Iamanonymouss:
Please who has any idea where I can get an electric mixer in Lagos for about 7 or 8k or even less. A brand that will last oh.

Thanks
A mixer of 7 or 8k won't knead bread dough for you. if it tries it won't last. so enjoy your hand kneading while saving up money for a proper mixer. kneading is good exercise too.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iamanonymouss: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
loveymom:

Kneading with hand is alot of work and require a technic. My bread don't come out soft enough if I knead with hand as well. So getting a mixer is the best as you can also use it for cake too.

Yup I would.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Iamanonymouss: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
breadplanets:
A mixer of 7 or 8k won't knead bread dough for you. if it tries it won't last. so enjoy your hand kneading while saving up money for a proper mixer. kneading is good exercise too.

Okay..pls like how much should I budget
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mooretes: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hi lovelymom!

Thanks for the bread recipe. What temp should this be baked at?

I have tried it and used the bread baking setting on my oven which tbh after 15mins bread was done.

I must admit its quite a high temp. So wanted to be sure.

Thanks again for the recipe
X

Thanks once again.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
mooretes:
Hi lovelymom!

Thanks for the bread recipe. What temp should this be baked at?

I have tried it and used the bread baking setting on my oven which tbh after 15mins bread was done.

I must admit its quite a high temp. So wanted to be sure.

Thanks again for the recipe
X

Thanks once again.

Bread is best baked at low temp max 25-30 mins. But you need to preheat for like 20 mins.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mooretes: 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
loveymom:

Bread is best baked at low temp max 25-30 mins. But you need to preheat for like 20 mins.

Yes i understand that is the reason i was asking for the particular temperature which you have not mentioned.

Im sorry to be a bother. But could you kindly give a guide as to what the low temparture should be?

Thanks again
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
mooretes:

Yes i understand that is the reason i was asking for the particular temperature which you have not mentioned.

Im sorry to be a bother. But could you kindly give a guide as to what the low temparture should be?

Thanks again
y

Are you using a gas oven or electric oven?

If you are using gas oven bake at 190/200 degrees.
If electric oven bake at 100/120 degrees.
Sorry I didn't explain earlier.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mooretes how did the one you baked came out?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mooretes: 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
loveymom:
y

Are you using a gas oven or electric oven?

I use a gas oven with preinstalled temperature for some specific cooking including bread baking

Funny enough taste of home says

"Generally, leaner breads (made with flour, water, and yeast) are baked at 400° to 425°. Richer breads (made with more fat and eggs) are baked at lower temperatures.

Breads made with less than 1/2 cup sugar are generally baked at 375° and bread with more are baked at 350°.

A loaf of bread can bake from 25 to 45 minutes. The baking time depends on the size and shape of the loaf and the temperature of the oven."
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mooretes: 10:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
loveymom:
Mooretes how did the one you baked came out?

It came out fine. According to my oven, the bread baking temperature was set at 220. I was sceptical but still used it. Only thing was it cooked in about 15mins so i wanted to know what temp to use next time.

Will try it again tomorrow i think because your recipe is quite good and i made it using my hands cos i was too lazy to use my mixer

Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
mooretes:

It came out fine. According to my oven, the bread baking temperature was set at 220. I was sceptical but still used it. Only thing was it cooked in about 15mins so i wanted to know what temp to use next time.

Will try it again tomorrow i think because your recipe is quite good and i made it using my hands cos i was too lazy to use my mixer

Thanks

Nice smiley am lazy Kneading with hands. You can add 1 egg to it As well.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Francesokpala(f): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2016
From Frances Kitchen grin kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by hothead(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
Breakfast today. Noodles and sturvz

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iomoge2(f): 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2016
grin grin grin
Omo Yaraba ni mi o.... swagger.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sallyopy(f): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
You can now order for all your jollofrice and fried rice ingredients. Call 07035647754

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Bolade005: 7:36am On Dec 10, 2016
iomoge2:
grin grin grin

Nice one. Your husband is a lucky man.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by soberdrunk(m): 8:56am On Dec 10, 2016
iomoge2:
grin grin grin

Jesssssssuuuuusssss is Lorddddddd!!!! Chai!! See soup of life!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hello mooretes any update, Hope it turned out great?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 4nobody4every1: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
iomoge2:
grin grin grin

This look inviting, well done grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mooretes: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
loveymom:
Hello mooretes any update, Hope it turned out great?

Hi loveymom,

Sorry i havent made another one yet. Ive got some cakes that im making atm so ive left bread baking till later. Will let you know how it turns out soon.

Bless u
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
mooretes:

R
Hi loveymom,

Sorry i havent made another one yet. Ive got some cakes that im making atm so ive left bread baking till later. Will let you know how it turns out soon.

Bless u

Ok dear happy Xmas in advance.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mooretes: 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
loveymom:

Ok dear happy Xmas in advance.

To you too
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Olanna45(f): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2016
loveymom:
Soft homemade bread. Getting better at it.
very nice. but you need to knead a little longer to get a smooth dough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chitheo(f), Mariangeles(f), bisiki2, MissSlimbody(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.