Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5727619 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (3472) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by succyblinks(f): 7:53am On Jul 15, 2017
sod09:
is dat cake or amala
Can I taste it kiss kiss

I would love u to but it didn't last an hour at home, but I still have some crumbs to mail to u sha. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by succyblinks(f): 7:55am On Jul 15, 2017
funlord:

It looks good even half eaten..I love chocolate cake a lot..My cousin who's a lawyer also bakes on the weekends for profit so by the time you improve you can use that as a side hustle if you want....keep up the good work and invest in equipment (spatulas, recipe books etc.)

Thanks, I'm getting my equipments little by little. The only equipments remaining is an oven and mixer which I'll get soonest, insha Allah
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ErepaTV: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2017
succyblinks:

LOL I haven't even seen amala once so I can't tell cheesy cheesy

You tried wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2017
Probz:
How yesterday's rice went down. With stew cause I've got trust issues.
You sure really got trust issues. lmao.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2017
succyblinks:

Thanks, I'm getting my equipments little by little. The only equipments remaining is an oven and mixer which I'll get soonest, insha Allah

Sunday lunch is served....steaming brown rice featuring ground fish, green peas, cabbage and carrots....

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
Finally figured out how to make fried rice the right way.

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by succyblinks(f): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
funlord:

Sunday lunch is served....steaming brown rice featuring ground fish, green peas, cabbage and carrots....

This na correct oyibo man food abeg shift make I take like two spoonful

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
I hope people know Nigerian rice has the same nutritional content as brown rice.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JewelStone(f): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Dinner: Goat meat vegetable soup and eba.

I haven't cooked vegetable soup in ages, decided to cook it for dinner tonight and it was a hit. My Aussie partner enjoyed it so much he asked for more...first Nigerian food he ate till the end. Lol

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by funlord(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
JewelStone:

I've always loved veggie soup with a little stew added in it for fireworks! I feel it works best with pounded yam as opposed to eba! This looks good........kudos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by gustav25: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
JewelStone:

I haven't cooked vegetable soup in ages, decided to cook it for dinner tonight and it was a hit. My Aussie partner enjoyed it so much he asked for more...first Nigerian food he ate till the end. Lol
beautiful soup but e be like say you too like pour oil inside food
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Agbaletu: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
JewelStone:

I just need your address, not because of the eba but the vegetable soup.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by AHCB: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Is it dinner or supper? Don't know. grin

Rice and Beans with Pepper stew with Titus fish. I believe yorubas call it 'obe ata'. LOL.

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by JewelStone(f): 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
Agbaletu:
I just need your address, not because of the eba but the vegetable soup.
1600 Jokesville Avenue Sydney, NSW 2060. Oya come ova, your soup is waiting.

funlord:
I've always loved veggie soup with a little stew added in it for fireworks! I feel it works best with pounded yam as opposed to eba! This looks good........kudos!
Yeah a little stew goes a long way...

gustav25:
beautiful soup but e be like say you too like pour oil inside food
Haha, you sabi me wella. Oil wasn't too much though, guess it's the picture making it look that way. Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tecno4life(m): 3:14am On Jul 19, 2017
ewa26:
to be honest all that looks disgusting, you don't no how to cook

Whatever bro, BTW I didn't cook the bole

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tecno4life(m): 3:16am On Jul 19, 2017
ewa26:
early morning egg spaghetti
Look at this baby poo you eat and yet you call someone else's food disgusting

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2017
banmee:
Finally figured out how to make fried rice the right way.

Please do share your recipe
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 8:38am On Jul 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I don't mind sharing mine either.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 8:49am On Jul 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Chicken stock. You have to cook the rice with it. Wash the rice and cook it for a few minutes till it starts getting a little soft. Youtube how to parboil rice. Take it of the burner, wash it again then add the chicken stock filling it up to the level of the rice and cook at medium heat. You do not want the rice overcooked. Make sure when you cooked the chicken you had enough curry, thyme and maggi in it. Before all this, fry your kidney, vegetable mix, prawns, starting with the kidney, all in the same frying pan and set it aside. Depending on the quantity of rice you have, you can either take some of the fried mix and put in a separate bowl and start adding the cooked rice in portions, or just pour the whole rice in the frying pan and start frying. Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2017
succyblinks:
Hey guys I have been an ardent follower of this thread for over a year now and this is my first post

I'm learning how to bake and today I made my first ever chocolate cake tho I have made several other cakes which some came out bad, its part of the learning, LoL

The cake is so moist and soft it literally melts in your mouth, and u won't believe I made it on a stove top
So sorry for the long post but am so excited

My mum had already dug into the cake even before I had the chance to snap, loL
Lovely cake. Hope you don't mind sharing your recipe.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2017
Probz:
I don't mind sharing mine either.
Please share too
I love to try different recipes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2017
banmee:

Chicken stock. You have to cook the rice with it. Wash the rice and cook it for a few minutes till it starts getting a little soft. Youtube how to parboil rice. Take it of the burner, wash it again then add the chicken stock filling it up to the level of the rice and cook at medium heat. You do not want the rice overcooked. Make sure when you cooked the chicken you had enough curry, thyme and maggi in it. Before all this, fry your kidney, vegetable mix, prawns, starting with the kidney, all in the same frying pan and set it aside. Depending on the quantity of rice you have, you can either take some of the fried mix and put in a separate bowl and start adding the rice cooked rice in portions, or just pour the whole rice in the frying pan and start frying. Finito.

Bless you
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Bless you
Thanks for sharing

What banmee said. Only difference is I use cow liver (not kidney) and fry in batches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2017
Probz:

What banmee said. Only difference is I use cow liver (not kidney) and fry in batches.

Shiit. Did i say kidney? Damn. It's 3 in the morning. Still groggy. It's liver oooo jazzyjazz. Sorry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 9:10am On Jul 19, 2017
banmee:

Shiit. Did i say kidney? Damn. It's 3 in the morning. Still groggy. It's liver oooo jazzyjazz. Sorry.
I've heard of kidney in fried rice though. Not strange at all.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by banmee(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2017
Probz:
I've heard of kidney in fried rice though. Not strange at all.

You are right but i find the flavor cow liver gives fried rice is unique.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 9:14am On Jul 19, 2017
banmee:

You are right but i find the flavor cover liver give the fried rice is unique.
Yeah. I know people sub with hotdogs but liver's part of the original.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 9:22am On Jul 19, 2017
banmee:

Haha no problem. Noted. Though I don't eat liver or kidney grin
I guess I'll substitute with Chopped goat meat or chicken

Thanks probz

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Jaqenhghar: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2017
banmee:

Chicken stock. You have to cook the rice with it. Wash the rice and cook it for a few minutes till it starts getting a little soft. Youtube how to parboil rice. Take it of the burner, wash it again then add the chicken stock filling it up to the level of the rice and cook at medium heat. You do not want the rice overcooked. Make sure when you cooked the chicken you had enough curry, thyme and maggi in it. Before all this, fry your kidney, vegetable mix, prawns, starting with the kidney, all in the same frying pan and set it aside. Depending on the quantity of rice you have, you can either take some of the fried mix and put in a separate bowl and start adding the cooked rice in portions, or just pour the whole rice in the frying pan and start frying. Finito.
Guy which kind torture be this. Reminds me of one fried rice one Vietnamese woman made. Similar to what you described but she added shredded chicken to it. I have tried to replicate it .... but no luck
That shìt was divine... remains the best rice I have had.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Probz(m): 9:27am On Jul 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks probz
I don't ordinarily like liver either but it really is the purpose seasoning for fried rice, trust me. Try it at least once.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jazzyjazz: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2017
Probz:
I don't ordinarily like liver either but it really is the purpose seasoning for fried rice, trust me. Try it at least once.

Alright I'll try it. My hubby loves liver though smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Giddyperson: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Thanks probz
Or you can substitute with sausages. I'm not stalking you I promise cheesy just following...if there's a difference

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (3472) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.