Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

Pray For Kenechi Udeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pray For Kenechi Udeze (1139 Views)

Cancer: Pray For Me, Diezani Begs Nigerians / Diezani Is Innocent: Lets Pray For Her / Adeboye: Pray For Policemen For The Security Challenges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray For Kenechi Udeze by hotfunmi(f): 3:03am On Feb 13, 2008
Vikings DE Udeze Has Form of Leukemia
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze has a form of leukemia, which is cancer of the blood and bone marrow, a person with the team confirmed Tuesday.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the information. The Vikings declined to comment, but they issued a statement from coach Brad Childress that didn't specifically address Udeze's condition.

"We respect the privacy of Kenechi. The thoughts and prayers of the entire Minnesota Vikings organization are with Kenechi and his family," the statement read.

Two Twin Cities television stations first reported the news on Monday night. KSTP-TV, without citing a source, reported that the 24-year-old Udeze was undergoing tests to determine the severity of the disease. Ethan Lock, Udeze's agent, declined to comment.

Without details about how quickly the cancer was identified or what form of leukemia Udeze has, there's no way of knowing a prognosis.

Generally, it's a serious disease that can be fatal and takes a lot of time to fight. The upcoming season is in question for Udeze, who was drafted out of Southern California in the first round in 2004. He started 15 games last year for the Vikings and tied his career high with five sacks.

Dr. Mark Reding, a University of Minnesota Cancer Center and Medical School hematologist who does not have specific knowledge of Udeze's case, said there are two forms of leukemia, chronic and acute.

People under 65 are almost always diagnosed with the acute form, which requires aggressive chemotherapy. Younger and healthier patients have a wider range of treatment options, Reding said, but from diagnosis to remission the process often takes at least six months.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h8D-hrgRbGtw2DsNrq7GRvbCiDGAD8UP3GD00
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by hotfunmi(f): 3:04am On Feb 13, 2008
Lord he's only 24.  Brothers doing their thing big and the devil is on the way to counter their blessing. God will heal you and also hear the prayers of millions of your fans in Minnesota and Nigeria.

[img]http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/208*190/1udeze021208.jpg[/img]
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by BigB11(m): 3:16am On Feb 13, 2008
Very sad news
My prayer goes to him and his family.

Nothing is too heavy for God to handle, let's hope for the best.
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by bawomolo(m): 3:54am On Feb 13, 2008
although i hated on him as a bears fan. i hope he recovers soon.
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by bibiking1(m): 8:38am On Feb 13, 2008
hope he gets well

@ HOTFUNMI
at least you get small sense!
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 13, 2008
As we pray for Kenechi for his quick recovery, we should not forget to pray more for thousands of kids in Africa, particularly Nigeria who have such related diseases. These kids are waiting for their final days as their parents cannot even afford common panadol for them, not to talk of any form of chemotherapy.
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by almondjoy(f): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2008
Eeeeeeeeeyah! cry cry cry cry cry

This is terrible. God's speed to Kene and his family! kiss
Na waaaa ooooooooooooooh!
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by hotfunmi(f): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2008
As we pray for Kenechi for his quick recovery, we should not forget to pray more for thousands of kids in Africa, particularly Nigeria who have such related diseases. These kids are waiting for their final days as their parents cannot even afford common panadol for them, not to talk of any form of chemotherapy.

5 star response.
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by ndubest(m): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2008
@poster
Great idea

My prayers to him and to many round the world who are suffering from all types of cancer

may the lord be their strenght through this agony
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by doyin13(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2008
eiyaa. . .and this guy was going to be huge

part of a great USC TEAM.

May he get well ooo.
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by ndelta1(m): 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2008
May almighty Osenobua na aba heal him

Ise,
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by darfur(m): 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2008
nuzo:

nice one. sad
Re: Pray For Kenechi Udeze by davidif: 4:24am On Feb 17, 2008
e ya i truly hope he recovers, i watched him at USC and he is a good player. From what i've read it doesn't sound too good at all but there is nothing that God cannot do.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Efcc 419 Burst / Mend Has Kidnapped An 11 Year Old Boy And Killed His Driver / Ghana, 4 other african countries invited to G8; Nigeria Snubbed Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.