Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? (17673 Views)

Before You Update Your Whatsapp Messenger, Read This. / Whatsapp And Wikipedia: Do You Know Your Whatsapp Can do This? / Delivered Read Messages On Whatsapp Now Indicate With BLUE Double Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by charlsecy4(m): 7:21am On Dec 05, 2012
First, what is WhatsApp?

With WhatsApp, you can ping across phones running on BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone, iPhone, Symbian S60 and even S40. Yes, those phones can all message each other on a synchronous basis! WhatsApp is an instant messaging app that has always-on functionality, just as the BlackBerry Messenger.

Download is available at http://www.whatsapp.com/. In addition to basic messaging, WhatsApp users can create groups, send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.

Now, let me talk about the main theme of this note; receiving all your WhatsApp messages on your phone, no matter the SIM on it.

I HAVE AN ETISALAT LINE ON MY PHONE, BUT IF I WhatsApp YOU, MY REGULAR MTN NUMBER WILL APPEAR [or the name you saved it with]

It doesn't matter what line I have on my phone, what will appear as the sender if I WhatsApp you is my regular MTN number [or the name you saved it with on your phone].

I have noticed that some people do register their WhatsApp with a line different from their regular line. By regular line, I mean the line most people associate you with. That way, most people who have your regular line won't know you are on WhatsApp. Only you can see the number of your contacts who have registered their line(s) on WhatsApp. And when you WhatsApp your contacts, they will be asking who you are because they usually don't have the new line.

I have discovered a way to make your regular line appear as the sender to recipients of your WhatsApp messages irrespective of the SIM card you have on your phone.

How I did it:

First, I downloaded WhatsApp [available at http://www.whatsapp.com] My regular line (MTN) was on the phone. After the download, I opened the application and was prompted to register my line [and name] which I did.

I removed my regular MTN SIM card from the phone, and inserted my Etisalat line, which I use majorly for Net surfing and instant messaging. Since it was unknown to WhatsApp, it prompted me for register the line. But instead of inputting the Etisalat number in the registration box, I put my MTN number which I have already registered. And it was successful...

Now it happens that when my friends who have stored my regular MTN number on their phone WhatsApp a message to my MTN number, I am notified even though it is an Etisalat line that is on my phone. And if I WhatsApp my friends, what appears as the sender is my MTN number [or the name they saved my number with], even though it is an Etisalat line that is on my phone.
Re: Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by phiszo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
For java phone users. Don't verify device wen u av changed line.
Re: Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by fasodecapo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Please my younger sister mistakenly deleted whatsapp completely on her nokia asha 201 and since then, i cant redownload it cos its saying unsupported format? Please if there is anything i can do, dont hesitate to inbox me.
Re: Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by charlsecy4(m): 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
fasodecapo: Please my younger sister mistakenly deleted whatsapp completely on her nokia asha 201 and since then, i cant redownload it cos its saying unsupported format?
Go to http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/
Re: Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2012
phiszo: For java phone users. Don't verify device wen u av changed line.
Re: Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by busar(m): 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
When I tried to open my whatsapp this afternoon this is wat i got displayin ''this version of whatsapp is too old and no longer functions''.I ws askd 2 download the lastest version in order to continue using it.
Re: Receive All Your Whatsapp Messages On Your Phone, No Matter The SIM On It, How? by phiszo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
busar: When I tried to open my whatsapp this afternoon this is wat i got displayin ''this version of whatsapp is too old and no longer functions''.I ws askd 2 download the lastest version in order to continue using it.
download it na!

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Magic Box Bonus / Facebook Is Down / How Useful Is Whatsapp? Please Tell Use Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.