Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car (15407 Views)

6 Dead,many Injured In Multiple Car Crash In Lagos [photo] / 11 Die, 8 Injured In Ondo Auto Crash (pictured Of The Vehicles) / Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Detonatorrex(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
for this kain naija and this era of bokoharam..e get bomb proof?

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Built2last: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
shagarri: "Hello Driver, your Volvo network has
been hijacked. You are now being ferried to the Lagos Lagoon. Say your last prayers"

I laughed out loud. Most big men in Naija will never buy this.they don't even trust their drivers not to talk of electronic device that can go faulty anytime.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by manny4life(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
Two days ago, I was having this discussion with a friend who wanted to buy a new car- how modern cars are evolving. When we talked about options, I said for me o, it's got to be fuel efficiency or electric car and secondly, high tech. I love this technology, like I told him, 10 years from now, most cars will have superb technology YET efficient.

Welcome to the newer electronic world, where almost everything depend on computers.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Detonatorrex(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
johnwizey: na illuminati ppl go invent dat car o.........xpressway to hell grin grin grin
how illuminati take enter this matter
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by stepone(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
CashVessel: If u've driven a modern car, u'l know dat there are warning signs on d dash board whenever anyfins goes wrong. There are also fail-safe devices too. They have thought of wat ur thinking.

Thanks bro...
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by blackmale1: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
webaplanet: [b]Volvo develops the 'no death' car: Vehicles which drive themselves and are totally crashproof could be on British roads in

The computerised vehicles will be fitted with high-tech sensors and will 'refuse to be steered' into other objects.

http://
They didn't say anything about something running into the car oh!! abi the car go fit fly if somthing wan jam am...just thinking oh!!

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by EBERENASAM(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
I bet u, d car wil kill instead of protecting people because; sure d sensor must develop fault.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Decryptor(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
Volvo is not a car for kids and BTW, those of u who are talking about trailer and containers falling on it, the manufacturers did not have ur useless country in mind where most drivers behave like wild animals. Where will you see a trailer carrying container on a bad road like that of Lagos-Ibadan express way in Europe?
About the sensors being faulty, it still comes down to the fact that Europeans have a proper maintainance culture than Nigerians. The sensors will probably have a life span which will have to be replaced before it expires unlike nigerians who will join wire and soulder it with souldering iron and N50 super-glue just to make it work. The car is not meant to be driven on Nigerian roads
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Built2last: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
I won't buy this type. Not until Naija roads are pot holes free...those potholes will spoil the sensors and the car will via off into one forest and probably lock you there.mba
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by manny4life(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
logica: Right. As if the sensors cannot become faulty.

The chances of the sensors becoming faulty is 1 out of every 50,000 or even 100,000miles. However, if you took your car for regular inspections, including electronics, faulty sensors will be determined and fixed. Think of it like an airplane autopilot, they have three backup redundant systems that enables the airplane fly. So this may be the case in this one, when the primary sensor is out, two other critical backups will assume operation.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by vin4ever(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
Omoh! Enough flexing de wait me 4 future o! Abeg, dat 1 no go pas me wen i hammer by then
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by controlseven: 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
Diz science fictions are bcomin realities! Life is beautiful.....wishing i can live a thousand yrs to witness more technological innovations. *sighs*
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by somegirl1: 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
and when there are road closures/ diversions?
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by h360d(m): 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
bamosagie:
What happens in a situation where a tricycle suddenly stop in your front & the trailer\tanker behind you is bearing down on you at about 80km per hour. On a narrow bridge? Just thinking

MY MAN THAT IS WHAT WE NIGERIANS CALL gbege!
In my own opinion it'll be better if the volvo guys can give alternative; self driving in case of emergency.
lobatan!

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Tinu4real(f): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
This reminds me of the titanic. It was said then that the titanic was unsinkable.Hmmmm,that's all I have to say.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Localamos(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice concept. Mark my word "concept" undecided
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by femeluaka(m): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
this is specifically for Britain and sane societies, until the car can be able to detect planes falling from the sky and boko haram bombs, then the features will be complete.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by logica(m): 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
See these funny dudes trying to speak science. There are far more sensors on airplanes and airplanes undergo far more maintenance than cars; yet air-crashes caused by sensor failures are known to occur. A fault CANNOT under any conditions be predicted or avoided. The only fail-safe that makes sense is an override mechanism for manual driving when it happens. And that is if you are even aware of the failure in the first place.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by futoprince: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
While young People in Europe/America and Asia are busy thinking, Young people domiciled in Africa are busy talking.Guys are here talking about how they will buy the Volvo car that will come in 8 years. The same technology that young researchers in Europe are developing at the moment. the fact is that these technologies are just at the last stage of its development here europe .Some Universities and 29 partners(German automobile manufactures and suppliers, together with software and telecommunication companies) are specifically pursuing this goal in the research intiative called Aktive. by 2015 all trucks in eurpope by law must have an Assistance function for active system and solutions for Intelligent traffic management installed. I am not telling a story because my Faculty is a key part of this project. Universities in Nigeria are not helping matters, they are just teaching Outdated curriculum, and ZERO research. The word has left Africa(not South Africa and Egypt).

And the truth is that these cars will not function optimally in nigerian roads since the virtual traffic signal systems and cooperative traffic signal systems are keyed into standard road/ traffic signs, which unfortunately are not in place in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by vislabraye(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
That's what they said about Benz 600 called the Beast. Unfortunately Princess Diana died in an accident with that car.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Lakayana: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2012
vislabraye: That's what they said about Benz 600 called the Beast. Unfortunately Princess Diana died in an accident with that car.
Thank you my bro/sis they went a step further to even call it death proof.We all know what happened.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by calabaman(m): 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
shagarri: "Hello Driver, your Volvo network has been hijacked. You are now being ferried to the Lagos Lagoon. Say your last prayers"
Una no go kill person with laff for NL oooo. Lmao!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by adefash(m): 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
And if dangote truck loses control on a top speed and it faces you. What will the car do? Ground under it will open to protect it abi? Or it is by a container on tincan island. If the container falls on it, its body is made of armour tank matals abi? Or if a petrol tanker catches fire on lagos ibadan express road and your car is involved, weting go happen?
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by sage2(m): 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2012
Some silly and non-visionary Africans will be on hand to buy with money looted from the treasury of their impoverish nations. May God help us to start thinking too.

1 Like

Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by vandarsar(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2012
That's cos you've being brain washed by Toyota and Honda !
rick.ross:
I dont like volvo cars and no matter what technology they invent i am not impressed and am not buying anything volvo
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by aglomar: 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
I thought volvo was a back bencher.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nnah na wa o. Nigerian Mechanics need to back to school oh, cos even their Oga Master no sabi repair this one. Nnah men, I wont buy this car oh. When I reach toll gate traffic, the sensor will lock down the car permanently cos of traffic chaos. Nwanem, this is fair.
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
I love technology.... keep on
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Pecca: 10:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
And if a Dangote trailer, with PhD holder driver with murderous intention behind the wheel, come jam am ojuelegba... shocked shocked lipsrsealed[b][/b]
Re: Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car by Pecca: 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
And if a Dangote PhD holder trailer driver, with murderous intention, behind the wheel, come jam am for ojuelegba... shocked shocked lipsrsealed[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Your Opinion / Understanding your car's Check Engine light / After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.