Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? (5726 Views)

Make Likes Public (re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful?) / Did You Make Nairaland Frontpage In 2012? / Nairaland More Beneficial Than Facebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Feraz(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^it might start filling up people's inbox.....
Meaningful contributions.....I'd like to add for you to add more smileys.....and as some people suggested, let a person be able to delete his posts when s/he feels it's not relevant anymore, add NL's own pm rather than redirecting it to the person's email.....

1 Like

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by kandiikane(m): 6:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
By making me the picture of nairaland. You have my photos all around nairaland to attract traffic. tongue

On a serious note, using beautiful nairaland girls all around the forum to create more traffic.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by olenyi: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2012
Freiburger:
The number of likes a user can give should be limited to maybe 5 in every 24 hours. what do you guys think? and the should be a way other users can see the number of likes a member have in his/her profil.

On point.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by 2million1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
dont8: In addition, I need to dislike some posts here, so give us a dislike button.

seconded

1 Like

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by kandiikane(m): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
No, no dislike. If someone's post doesn't get likes, we all know, it's not worthy of getting likes.

Abeg, I don't want 10thousand dislikes on my posts. I will feel like I am being bullied which will eventually lead me to commit suicide. Seun osewa, you don't want blood on your hands.tongue

3 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by timifakay(m): 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Dont know if this will make nairaland more beautiful, but it will help me in my use of nairaland. I think a nairaland application would be a good thing.

4 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by sashaa(f): 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
Feraz: let a person be able to delete his posts when s/he feels it's not relevant anymore.
add NL's own pm rather than redirecting it to the person's email.....
these are just so on point! Redirecting a pm to my email nulls the whole point of being part of a faceless forum. Yea, i could prolly have a seperate email for nl but not everyone likes to keep several emails.
Seun, plz do somthing about this. I ignore so many pm's just cos of this.

3 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by spikesC(m): 2:11am On Dec 06, 2012
kandiikane: By making me the picture of nairaland. You have my photos all around nairaland to attract traffic. tongue

On a serious note, using beautiful nairaland girls all around the forum to create more traffic.

Its a forum not a dating website
Smh
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by ektbear: 2:32am On Dec 06, 2012
Hire a good CSS designer to make the site pretty for you.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by kandiikane(m): 2:42am On Dec 06, 2012
spikes C:

Its a forum not a dating website
Smh

Shattap, who said anything about dating?
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by ijebabe: 4:01am On Dec 06, 2012
There have been good suggestions given and the only thing that comes to mind now is changing this background colour to a more appealing pastel shade.

Might be worth having a small selection of themed background images for each section but im concerned about pages taking longer to load.

I would like to see a list of my followers on my profile not just the ones im following. Also to see posts I've liked.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 06, 2012
Here's my list of possible upgrades:

1. The Social part of NL should be simplified and defined properly such that following an Nlander would have a purpose and a benefit, it currently doesn't, Probably, Users should be able to have albums, photo albums (this should be limited to a certain number of pictures else some peeps crash the server).

2. NL currently has an adaptive framework, i think it should become responsive instead inline with current web trends.
3. Buttons and links could definitely do with a major make-over.
4. Currently, iPads can't upload pictures on Nl, its important this is made possible asap.

3 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Seun(m): 7:47am On Dec 06, 2012
The vibe I'm getting is that Nairaland is attractive enough...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by ektbear: 7:49am On Dec 06, 2012
Well, it is a pretty unattractive website. But content is key, not necessarily attractiveness of a site.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2012
Seun: The vibe I'm getting is that Nairaland is attractive enough...

I Literary don't think so, i also think anyone saying that could be trying to patronize you Seun, or as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, either my beholder or theirs could be faulty.

As an Entrepreneur, Nothing is ever good enough, it needs to keep getting better, I thought that was the line of thought you had when you initiated this topic.
NL is already favored because it already has a name, it has a huge number of active users and it's mobile friendly, but if were to join a forum in 2013 of which looks would be a part of the luring factor to make me join, with NL's currently look, i'd easily .....
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Lanreclassic(m): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2012
Seun: The vibe I'm getting is that Nairaland is attractive enough...

I really wanted to post this as promised but i got banned due to some reasons best know to nairaland. Mr Seun let's face it,Nairaland was founded around 7 years ago, the CMS tool used them was one the best then.Things has really changed and our dear website has got to move on,I'm sure nairalander will agree that TV, Cars e.t.c made 7 years ago are not comparable to those made these days.My advice is that this topic is on the first page . This topic is a critical one .Few replies can't represent the general views of hundreds of thousands of Nairalanders.

Nairaland is the pride of Africa and the best has to be given to make it a better one and look more attractive.

For instance check out these forums

http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/
http://www.websitebabble.com/forum
http://www.topix.com/forum

I hope you consider it!

It's cool to be back again after i got banned.....missed nairaland posts....Lessons learnt

-Movement for a better Nairaland!

Thanks
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 06, 2012
I wish you never removed dat 'no of post count' dat was always by our name in any thread it appears(we had it in nl1.) Now its only in our profile it appears. cry
Ppl really loved dat thing i tell you. Na swaggz wen people see say you don tey for nl..with a lot of post. tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2012
Tgirl4real:

In addition:

-I need to know who likes my posts. grin

-I need to see date and time a quote was originally posted.
seconded! Seun dat shouldn't be hard..would it?? I'd also like to know who likes my post. There should be an icon or link to click on for dat...plsssssss!
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by emrino(m): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2012
Freiburger:
The number of likes a user can give should be limited to maybe 5 in every 24 hours. what do you guys think? and there should be a way other users can see the number of likes a member have in his/her profile.
Personally I disagree, NL has so much vast topix n some are so wow I wish I cld do mor dan "like" (mayb "love" evn... grin ). So limiting the like doesn't allow full xpressn. Tgirl's on point, an inbox right here wld be nice.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2012
kaysy: 1. i need to share a thread i consider useful with my friends on facebook and also twitter
2. Allow for thread delete by the poster if they consider it no more in place
3. if it's possible to allow for thread logo or badge, it will be a nice idea (Thumbnail)
4. We need Niaraland PM without linking to our Yahoo mail
5. Maybe we should add people's age alongside their names [e.g Kaysy(27m)] or [Kaysy(27)(m)] because children here dnt have respect any longer
6. Please teach ur moderators what it takes to be a moderator, some of them don't know the job of a moderator so they're really misusing the admin access granted to them
7. Allow for up to 9 Nairaland Ads on each side of the front page, i know it can take up to that, currently its 5 each side now
8. There are some sub-section that are not necessary at all, i think they should be deleted and the threads in them moved to the main section
9. Give a thread owner some power to rule over his own thread but they can't delete a post from others
10. disable the post hiding ability completely (if there must be pure and real democracy here) people in the politics section can bear me witness
11. Am coming back with more other opinion.... Please wait...
lolz...the bolded cracked me up. But seriously, you're so on point..including the other tins you posted. I love d idea..
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2012
timifakay: Dont know if this will make nairaland more beautiful, but it will help me in my use of nairaland. I think a nairaland application would be a good thing.
yeah very nice idea.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by Abyjah: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2012
Uncle Seun, I need to know when I'm mentioned or quoted, you know?
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by olenyi: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ Oga Seun, can we have a turmbnail of our avater or protile pix appear on top of our posts?

booqee: I wish you never removed dat 'no of post count' dat was always by our name in any thread it appears(we had it in nl1.) Now its only in our profile it appears. cry
Ppl really loved dat thing i tell you. Na swaggz wen people see say you don tey for nl..with a lot of post. tongue
Also this makes sense in addition to the number of likes/reps one has garnered. My Regards.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by timifakay(m): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
Also it would be nice if d date a thread was opened shows on the thread board instead of when the thread is opened, i see threads i wanna contribute then open up and see there probably is no one following the thread again because its old.
What i love most about NL is the ability to follow topics.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by emrino(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
Give a thread starter some power, something reasonable. Also "quoting" a person allows u modify whatever that person wrote originally?? Something shld b done abt dat 2.
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by DAvIt0(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
where is *Dhtml and DualCore oooooooooooo
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by spikesC(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
kandiikane:

Shattap, who said anything about dating?
I expected you would be matured enough on this thread, but.....
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by emyguz(m): 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Dear Seun,
The only thing I think should be added to make Nairaland look interesting, is the issue of inbox messages and the ability for a forum poster to delete his posts when needed.

Secondly, I love using the rss feeds, but the whole posts being shown whilst scrolling down to see newly updated topics makes one feel bored. I guess the rss feeds needs to be edited to contain just the topic's heading and a few lines of introduction to the topic being displayed. Check out bbc rss feeds, sahara reporters rss feeds, and my school .com rss feeds.

In Addition, I hate it when I'm being banned by "pyguru" for posting a link.

Probably, a nicer background would do for the home page.

Finally, I'd like to request for the post of an assistant forum moderator. Pls.....

I hope my contributions where okay?

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by zangiff(m): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
I see some big site with different ads sizes, i think nairaland shuld not be used to that ads size, maybe some other bigger size can be used...just a suggestion boss
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by demoreon: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
Hallo ppl, I would like to see a "thank you" button next to a users post, also the users profile should include the number of tnks the user has received and the total number of posts that the thanks came from.
I knw some ppl would argue that a like link exists, I believe the like link is meant for ppl that find my post interesting, the thank you button should be for appreciating whoever profers a solution to a probs.
All the best.
Demola
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by barapistis(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
well me just want a mobile version of it...cos it already my home page on my pc
Re: How Can We Make Nairaland More Beautiful? by ijebabe: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
I think it will be really good if we could tweet and share threads as well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Precisely Is Cloud Hosting? / How Do I Collect Pchn Bills, Sell Recharge Cards And Nsl Fees On A Site? / 4 New Breathtaking Difficulties You Won't Escape As A Writer/Blogger[WHAT TO DO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.