Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? (1508 Views)

Diet For Renal Patient / Diabetes & High BP Care Package From Green World - Is It Really Working? / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by Ellylace(f): 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Recently,my mum got diagnosed with high BP...and d Doctors emphasised on reducing her Cholestrol level..Pls how can I plan her diet to achieve dis and also ensure that she gets all d nutrients she requires? Pls ur contributions will be greatly appreciated..
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
Depends on were you are located,if you live in Nigeria,you will need to be careful and plan the diet very well.High cholesterol levels increases the risk of an heart attack or diseases.No more red meat,no more eggs,and yolk,try to increase the cholesterol levels by using olive oil to cook any thing for her.Forget that peak milk or milk in Nigeria.Its a time bomb.it as a lot of fat.Cook brown rice,brown flakes,make brown bread yourself,its simple you can do it at home and heat it.dont forget fruits and Efo riro with olive oil o.No more palm oil to cook.Fish fish,fish they contain omega 3 fatty acids.Excercise.wishing you well.I remember my mother and i am crying typing this for you.wishing you goodluck.All the best.
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by Ellylace(f): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2012
OMG! I'm so sorry dear...Thanks so much for d info..
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
Thanks.also boil yam and dont cook fried yam or potatoes ,boil it.but fried ones are good if its olive oil that was used. Redwine is good , if she shacks.No more smoking,they increase cholesterol
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by healthcons: 10:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
Eating fish is the best way to reduce blood pressure becauce it contains omega3 fatty acid. Many fish in Nigeria today are not that nutricious.
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by bodik(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
if you are in Lagos i can get you some moringa leaves and seeds it has all what olive oil,leafy veggies and fruits have. you can search for it
Re: How Does One Plan A Diet For A High BP Patient? by Ellylace(f): 3:05am On Dec 08, 2012
bodik: if you are in Lagos i can get you some moringa leaves and seeds it has all what olive oil,leafy veggies and fruits have. you can search for it
awww...bt,I'm in abj....can I still get it here?

(1) (Reply)

Alcohol And Energy Drinks A Dangerous Combo, Study Says / 40 Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Water For Skin, Hair And Health / PHOTOS: Beautiful Joy Akabuike, Victim Of Peace Mass Accident Is In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.