Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? (23977 Views)

How Wife Caught Her Husband Cheating (PHOTO) / Tonbra Alamiesiegha's Marriage Crashes, Wife Caught Pants Down In Hotel Room / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Angolobabe(f): 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2008
i dont support adultery but if a woman can forgive her man ,the man should do the same for her if she commits adultery ,its 50/50 .no one should be used.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by ogologo1: 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2008
very difficult question

why would a man or woman cheat? Maybe it was lacking in her/his home but that is no excuse. its easy to say forgive, end the marriage, leave him/her but you may never know what might drive someone to do such. all i can say is may we not fall into such temptations. it could happen to anybody.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by bluehorizo(m): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2008
Yes. To err is human and to forgive is DIVINE.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by abujabooks(f): 2:55am On Nov 15, 2008
I hv 2 generalise & say, 9ja men find it hard to forgive an adulterous woman.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Heinz(m): 12:40am On Dec 31, 2008
shocked hmm, but the love the husband have for his wife should be able to let him forgive her, afterall let him that have no sin cast the first stone. It all depends on the type anyways
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by seguntijan(m): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
i will forgive and she will continue to be the mother of her children but that mark the end of our intimacy moreover i will be preparing to bring in my new wife
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by pawa4ul: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2010
Let us talk reality here. It is very difficult to forgive such. If you pretend to forgive, you will always remember the scene and will never love her again.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by mamagee3(f): 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
It's difficult to forgive him especially when he has done it so many times
But, we can always try although some women find it difficult
to forgive a partner that cheated, it's always good to forgive him so that
everyone can move on peacefully
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by agathamari(f): 10:13am On Feb 20, 2010
NOONE regardles of gender should be forgiven for an affair period!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Thelmabee: 4:24pm On May 17, 2010
It is so disgusting when you find out your partner takes advice from a permanently Hot 26year old,especially when nothing stops your partner from asking for your opinion.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Osama10(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
I can forgive her but thats the end of the marriage.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 17, 2011
Only a very foolish wimp would forgive a wife caught cheating (forgive as in continue with the marriage). If you remember how long it took you to woo her, all the shakara she did as if her womanliness is beyond the reach of any mere mortal, how she put you through stress and sexual starvation during your dating/courtship years by claiming 'good girl' and saying 'no sex until marriage', how she pretended to be a virtuous woman and a good Christian, how hard you work to provide her with material comfort and cater to her needs, etc. . . .only to later find out that she has been opening her legs so easily to another man (or men) outside, the sheer disappointment and hurt is enough to drive a passionate man to murder. Your ego would be torn to shreds to imagine that what you worked so hard for, another man is getting so easily. How can I forgive such a trecherous animal? Her life is in serious danger if she doesn't leave my presence permanently. There can be no forgiveness for that, unless the man is really a naive fool. Like I always say, a woman who has the assurance that her man would forgive her no matter what, will always be emboldened to commit worse atrocities - knowing that the wimp she has for a husband would always forgive her. Not me.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by wendybaby(f): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2011
pro01:

Only a very foolish wimp would forgive a wife caught cheating (forgive as in continue with the marriage). If you remember how long it took you to woo her, all the shakara she did as if her womanliness is beyond the reach of any mere mortal, how she put you through stress and sexual starvation during your dating/courtship years by claiming 'good girl' and saying 'no sex until marriage', how she pretended to be a virtuous woman and a good Christian, how hard you work to provide her with material comfort and cater to her needs, etc. . . .only to later find out that she has been opening her legs so easily to another man (or men) outside, the sheer disappointment and hurt is enough to drive a passionate man to murder. Your ego would be torn to shreds to imagine that what you worked so hard for, another man is getting so easily. How can I forgive such a trecherous animal? Her life is in serious danger if she doesn't leave my presence permanently. There can be no forgiveness for that, unless the man is really a naive fool. Like I always say, a woman who has the assurance that her man would forgive her no matter what, will always be emboldened to commit worse atrocities - knowing that the wimp she has for a husband would always forgive her. Not me.

what if you were the one caught? wld u want her to forgive u? v u cheated on ur wife/partner b4?
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2011
wendybaby:

what if you were the one caught? wld u want her to forgive u? v u cheated on your wife/partner b4?

I'm not married yet, and I don't look forward to cheating on my future wife. So the issue of being caught wouldn't arise. In any case a husband's cheating and a wife's cheating are not the same thing - and this is the truth, no matter how hard it is for you women to swallow. If you re-read my previous post you would see some of the reasons why a wife's cheating would be absolutely unforgivable. Clearly these reasons may not be applicable in a situation where the husband is caught cheating.

1 Like

Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Busybody2(f): 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2011
pro01:

. . . . In any case a husband's cheating and a wife's cheating are not the same thing -

shocked shocked shocked Men are now the weaker sex with the fragile ego abi, arrant nonsense and utter tosh, mschewww, typical,  shior angry angry angry
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by zayhal(f): 6:47pm On Feb 18, 2011
Busy_body:

shocked shocked shocked Men are now the weaker sex with the fragile ego abi, arrant nonsense and utter tosh, mschewww, typical,  shior angry angry angry

Don't mind them
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
Oya come and woo me endlessly (with lots of awoof gifts, recharge cards, etc etc), pay my 'groom price', do all the courtship spending, be the bread-winner of the household, let it be for you to worry about how to make money and 'take care' of me, and permit me to be a 'house husband' with a large monthly 'upkeep' allowance amongst other commitments on your part. Thereafter, if I am found to be unfaithful, it should definitely be considered more unacceptable and condemnable than if you were found to be unfaithful. Go figure.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm only rationalizing everything. And I really don't understand why you people want to have your cake and eat it.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by prommy(f): 1:12pm On Feb 19, 2011
it depends on the man.if he can forgive then do it.My hus will never forgive me so i will not try it.By the way what am i looking for in another mans pant.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2011
prommy:

it depends on the man.if he can forgive then do it. My hus will never forgive me so i will not try it.By the way what am i looking for in another mans pant.

You see my point? If she knows her man would surely forgive her, she'll be emboldened to mess up. I know that for a fact. Once a woman knows that the man she's with is a weak wimp (only a weak man would so readily forgive such nonsense), she'll be ever ready to cheat on him with so much impunity. But once she has a positive fear of her man (e.g. a violent repercussion awaits; the marriage/relationship is over, etc), she'd think twice before creeping.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by efisher(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2011
Forgive: YES, Forget: IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Unfortunately this is the case, it may well be the end of the marriage CONTRACT. It's a breach of contract no matter who is involved (Husband or Wife). I do not think any "limitation on liability" can apply in this case. If there are children, it beomes a bit harder to deal wth.

As for me, I pray I never find myself in any such situation.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by mrman3(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2011
She is Gone forever
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by harakiri(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2011
pro01:

You see my point? If she knows her man would surely forgive her, she'll be emboldened to mess up. I know that for a fact. Once a woman knows that the man she's with is a weak wimp (only a weak man would so readily forgive such nonsense), she'll be ever ready to cheat on him with so much impunity. But once she has a positive fear of her man (e.g. a violent repercussion awaits; the marriage/relationship is over, etc), she'd think twice before creeping.

Whatz up bro?

The bolded above is pretty sick ain't it? Makes the whole marriage facade look bleaker and bleaker by the minute. Makes me feel sorry for "husbands" out there. No wonder men are dying at younger ages than their predecessors. Our forefathers married WIVES and didn't have to bother tolerating the nonsense from one woman. Hell, they would be busy nagging themselves to death while he gets his well deserved rest. Today, it's different.

The things women do in marriage appears to be a deliberate attempt to kill the man slowly by inducing heart ailments or mental breakdown through endlessly nagging and never ending demands. Being single for life seems more appealing with each passing day!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by daycare: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
why is it so hard for a man to do this act and when a woman do it its like we committed murder, This isnt fair. In my marriage we were separated during the time i made this mistake does that count for anything, as well as him walking away from the marriage twice. As a woman its not easy for us to even think of are men sexing another woman either. I just feel like if i love him enough when can get through the past and move forward. He should be willing to do the same. I know some men that took their wives back and woman as well,
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by SleekReek(m): 8:59am On Jul 28, 2011
I will forgive her without thinking twice,because i forgave my girlfriend when she cheated on me. I will forgive her and we will both work on forgetting and making sure it doesn't happen again,infact i believe if done well we can come out even stronger in our marriage. The key is knowing what led to her cheating,very important, then we will take it from there as long as she is trully remorseful and willing to change.
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by bashydemy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
well am not sure i will forgive her do you know what it take for a woman to loose her dignity? so people will be seeing me outside mocking me kojo she is gone
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by ronkebp(f): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2011
My husband would definitely forgive me,
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by bashydemy(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^^ LOL really? but you wont forgive him instead you throw him out of his house LOL
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Nonsence!!!!Women stick it out,Men send her away,....A generation of wacked mentality!
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by patytak: 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
WHY NOT.ANY MISTAKE OR SIN COMMITTED SHOULD BE FORGIVEN.WE MUST 1ST OF ALL TAKE IN2 CONSIDETATION THE LIVING CONDITIONS OF THE COUPLES.THE MAN COULD BE A NAGGING N ANNOYING TYPE CAUSING THE WIFE TO MOVE ABOUT.I THINK THE MAN SHOULD ALSO EXAMINE HIMSELF BE4 TAKING ACTION.

[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by bukatyne(f): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
byvan: Nonsence!!!!Women stick it out,Men send her away,....A generation of wacked mentality!

As crazy as it sounds, nobody forced the woman to forgive
Re: Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? by efficiencie(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2015
okewole:
Can A Hushand Forgive Wife Caught In Act?

To me not matter the circumstances, she is gone forever.

...would your judgement be the same if you were the offender?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obituary Of Father And Son Who Died After Brief Illness (Photo) / A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.