Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? (1266 Views)

"Ese Should Abort Her Pregnancy" - Nigerians / Opinions! Do You Agree It Is Better To Abort A Baby Fathered By A Rapist? / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by BlueMurder(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2012
Ra.pe is one of the most heinous crimes in the world, but it is hugely understated. This is more so in Nigeria, where most victims would rather keep mute due to shame and deficiencies in the law enforcement process. If a lady you know gets pregnant after being molested, what would you advise her to do? Keep the pregnancy-at the risk of never loving the child-or do away with it and banish all memories of the terrible event?
Re: Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by greatgod2012(f): 9:14am On Dec 06, 2012
If a lady is molested, she may not have to tell pple, because of shame but common sense require that she should immediately after d molestation go to d hospital for "flushing" (hope i get d spelling) before it gets to pregnancy stage, once that is done, then there is no fear of becoming pregnant again.

## A stich in time saves nine##
Re: Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by akintun: 11:25am On Dec 06, 2012
Keep wetin. Flush everything out immediately.
Re: Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by EfemenaXY: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2012
My advice to any victim of such an unfortunate event, would be to go straight to the nearest medical centre / pharmacy to get the Morning After pill. She also needs to let the medical staff know what's happened so that they can check her for STD's and put her on a course of preventive measures / treatments against her developing HIV. I'm no medical expert but I think something along these lines should be done.

And finally, why on earth should she keep quiet over such an ordeal? She needs to report the crime to the law, so that they can get the animal responsible for it. If nothing, but to prevent him attacking another innocent / hapless victim.

All victims need to seek counselling too. Ra.p.e is a serious crime with far reaching psychological effects on the victim, even years after the act.
Re: Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by baby124: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
Yes o, for the innocent baby's sake. It shouldn't even turn into pregnany or even HIV after the act. That's if she gets to the hospital fast. If raped, go to the hospital immediately.
Re: Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by BlueMurder(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Responses highly appreciated and so ON POINT. One can only imagine the psychological trauma the victim would suffer should she be forced to keep the unwanted pregnancy. Her best bet would be to speak to as few persons as possible, because chances are that some elders may persuade her that abortion, for reasons other than health, is ungodly.
Re: Would You Advise A Rape Victim To Abort A Resultant Pregnancy? by EfemenaXY: 1:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
^^

It shouldn't get to that stage if she takes the morning after pill asap. No later than 72 hours. IMO, the sooner, the better.

(1) (Reply)

Thank You Nl Forks I Finally Get My Wife To Her Senses With Your Advice / Leaving Ur Female Kids With Neighbours! You May Want To Think Twice! / Whats It With Females And Dolls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.