Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Unusual Architechture From Around The World - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Unusual Architechture From Around The World (26650 Views)

Creativity At It Peak; Unusual Coffee Mugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why can't we have this kind of unique buildings in Nigeria. All we have are gay and boring buildings. Do we even get the services of Architects in this country?

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
The Clam House

This clam house called the Nautilus, was designed by Mexican architect Javier Senosiain, located in Mexico City.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by nikkyshyne(f): 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Am coming up with more pictures. This na small thing.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Emmyk(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Some of those pix got me LOL. Nice one
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
There is this house shaped like a car that I've seen in a couple of Nigerian movies.

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Upside Down Houses!!!

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVQ-1BVY_dNDEyd-JxT5vMrHV95XPMWmYST8aygOhPO6EIhjSWpJmJTIzF[/img]

It seems upside down houses is a thing in many countries.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by miketonic(m): 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
AND HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF BEANS AND ROASTED CORNS WITH MAMA KELECHI PEPER SAUP IN ENUGU? ABEG NEXT TOPIC JOOR
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by 3direct: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
Beautifull

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Afam4eva(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
more buildings...

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
miketonic: AND HOW DOES THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF BEANS AND ROASTED CORNS WITH MAMA KELECHI PEPER SAUP IN ENUGU? ABEG NEXT TOPIC JOOR

Just look at the pictures and move on, it does not have to affect the price of anything before someone decides to post it.

4 Likes

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
In these pictures, I see creativity...... Creativity makes you say whaoooooo.........

How I wish we could replicate some of these architectural designs in Naija....Seriously, as a country, we should embrace intelligence more than riches....

We should let eccentric characters.

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by nikkyshyne(f): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tennessee United state

2 Likes

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Tunjman(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
The National theatre, Lagos should also be in this category...it's the only building with unusual architecture in Nigeria.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by GP15: 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ship House in Abuja should also be included.

4 Likes

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by djeezy(m): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
You guys should post pictures of Naija ones na or I should wait till 2050?
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Oluchia(f): 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tunjman: The National theatre, Lagos should also be in this category...it's the only building with unusual architecture in Nigeria.
Not only that, the Defence HQ aka the ship house in Abuja is also remarkable. It looks like a gigantic ship, wish I have a picture.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by free2ryhme: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
fellis: The Korowai House
[img]http://1.bp..com/-lwtWRQXvEBk/T6eo5A2is5I/AAAAAAAAAIs/AAU29gxeC3s/s1600/Korowai-tree-houses-02.jpg[/img]

This is just one example of the typical dwelling used by the Korowai tribe of New Guinea, who had no idea the outside world even existed until 1970. The Korowai build their tree houses up to 165 feet in the air. They do this to avoid predators, floods and ant swarms.

y na the house wey them build for africa come different .... it shows our lack of initiative and innovation and the inability to subdue our environment.

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Oluchia(f): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
GP15: Ship House in Abuja should also be included.
That's it! one beautiful achitectural design.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Slizbeat(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
Ship house in Abuja.

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Deeola1(f): 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Is that the spelling of "Architecture": Architechture - on Nairaland's Homepage?

1 Like

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Slizbeat(m): 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
ItsModella: There is this house shaped like a car that I've seen in a couple of Nigerian movies.
yes I have seen it too buh the house is actually in ghana.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by pssword: 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2012
Cool
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by hustla(m): 3:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
~vicky~:
Container City (London, UK)

Saw sth similar in a documentary on natGeo make sense die!
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
Elephant-on-castle -- somewhere in Obodo Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
free2ryhme:

y na the house wey them build for africa come different .... it shows our lack of initiative and innovation and the inability to subdue our environment.

lolzzz grin
Ok, see fine house from Nigeria na

[img]http://1.bp..com/-4FcuRgtxebE/Tj5q3PC-VGI/AAAAAAAABp0/A67usg0OpL8/s640/object_shaped_01_airplane.jpg[/img]

This is the Aeroplane house in Abuja Nigeria tongue tongue tongue
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Another Aeroplane house

This building is in Lebanon.
Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by LeJeun3: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2012

Re: Unusual Architechture From Around The World by jigawatts(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
BEHOLD!!! Our own NATIONAL THEATRE ........ Thats a structure I'm proud of cool, I guess u guys av neva seen this view before smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother's Art Works (pics) / A Nairalander's Photo-realistic Drawing Of Atiku Abubakar / My Biro Sketch Of Diego Pablo Simeone, Atletico Madrid Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.