Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise (2287 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Photo Of A Baker Sleeping On Piles Of "Agege Bread" / Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by ajetunde: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2012
The entrepreneurial savvy of the average Nigerian is not to be taken for a joke or trifled with. When our correspondent came across an Agege Bread shop in London, he was stuck in disbelief. Undoubtedly Agege Bread has infiltrated the cosmopolitan city of London.

Agege Bread is a loaf of bread made popular by the bakers from the same Lagos suburb that make the bread. Millions of Lagosians are familiar with the delicacy and have it as a regular part of their balanced diet.

Now some savvy entrepreneur has taken the concept to London, England and is making a small fortune baking and delivering Nigerian styled loaves to lovers of baked products in the Queen’s own country.

One noticeable difference about the difference in the London made Agege bread is the packaging is more professional and appealing than the locally made version. However that is simply a testament to the enabling environment that a country like Great Britain affords its citizens and migrants.

Source - http://liveofofo.com/gossip-column/agege-bread-takes-london-by-surprise/

1 Like

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nice Concept

1 Like

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Emmy3(m): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
Africa, home of Innovation.
Sometime ago, Lagos was voted one of the most innovative cities.
Thank You, God, 4 the Nigerian citizens. .
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Odunnu: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Proudly Nigerian! grin grin
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by talk2hb1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Smart Guy, Me gbadun your concept jare. Nigeria International branding. Its unfortunate that the bakeries in Agege are being phased out rapidly.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by tpia1: 1:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Nice one, quite innovative.

Hope the business can expand to other countries as well.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by bcomputer101: 5:46am On Aug 30, 2013
Okada!

Please drop me here.

I beg who they here oooo?

I'm from Nigeria, kindly give me five loaves of AGEGE bread.

Please let me know when Ewa Aganyi get to london.

Okada!!!

I beg also take me to where i can get ijebu garri....

1 Like

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by 3ace(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2013
One noticeable difference about the
difference in the London made Agege bread
is the packaging is more professional and
appealing than the locally made version.
Before nko, it can never taste like the local one lai lai. That government won't allow junks to be sold to its citizens. In Nigeria, anything goes. The government doesn't care how foods sold to the public are prepared. I don't even think SON is working. Some people say tokunbo stuff are better than new ones. They could be right cos I've tried that of spark plugs. A good tokunbo plugs that I bought seems to have outperformed other new ones I bought in the past. Only God can set things right in this country.

1 Like

Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Popowaa: 7:33am On Aug 30, 2013
smiley
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2013
cool
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by fr3do(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2013
Interesting
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by fr3do(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2013
musiwa1f: ...

*trembling*
lol,bit.ch pls
this is the 21 century!
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Jaywilzee(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2013
Tis even well packageD abroad,,,,,, winkdey even get website
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Pdizzle(m): 9:13am On Aug 30, 2013
i lyk dis
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2013
good working environment,and good governance at work.....funniest thing is that same people would come back,and sell agege bread to us in a filthy condition,seriously more reason i stopped consuming it,i cant remember the last time i saw an agege bread in well packed nylon.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
Yum yum yummm
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by CodeTemplar: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2023
Lol...Agege bread and Ewa aganyin. Oyibo will enjoy that combo.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Caaz: 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol...Agege bread and Ewa aganyin. Oyibo will enjoy that combo.
Hey buddy,I thought it's called agonyi?but you termed it aganyi.mind educating me?
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by CodeTemplar: 9:23am On Apr 12, 2023
Caaz:

Hey buddy,I thought it's called agonyi?but you termed it aganyi.mind educating me?
No let me swear for you this morning o. If you desperate finish, you fit teleport over so we go discuss one on one, BUDDY.
Re: Agege Bread Takes London By Surprise by Caaz: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
No let me swear for you this morning o. If you desperate finish, you fit teleport over so we go discuss one on one, BUDDY.
I don't understand why you choose to insult me.
Because I asked for clarification btw agonyi n aganyi.yiu can do better than this

(1) (Reply)

15 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / New Facts On WaterMelon / Why Does Powdered Milk Finishes Before Milo Finishes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.