Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? (21743 Views)

(abiriba) Town Of Today Pictures Of Houses 100 Years And Above / Picture Of Train Passing Through A Rural Community In Nigeria / Pictures Of Abiriba - The Small London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by tomakint: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Abiriba Autonomous Community was tagged Nigeria’s “Small London” by the great Zik of Africa in the 50s when he paid a visit there during one of his many campaign trips to the place. Abiriba is in Ohafia Local Government Area in Abia State, indeed the community is a master class infrastructural wise and I can tell you that as a community, it is a place to behold! I have heard of beautiful and well planned structures too at Mambilla Hills in Taraba State and I was told its one of the most beautiful place in Nigeria but what about Abiriba?

2 Likes

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
I watched a program on TV where i saw the place. There are pretty good houses there.
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by tomakint: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
afam4eva: I watched a program on TV where i saw the place. There are pretty good houses there.
You need to be there live my bro! The last time I visited was in 2007, one can imagine what that place (Abiriba) would looked like now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by naijaspeak(m): 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
There is this widely held opinion by most people in some parts of Nigeria that Abiriba natives are canibalistic that is they kill their fellow human and consume the meat meaning they kill human and eat their flesh.

They also say Calabar people eat dog. All these sayings have been with us in Nigeria.
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
naijaspeak: There is this talk in some parts of Nigeria that Abiriba natives are canibalistic that is they kill their fellow human and consume the meat. In a nutshell, they kill human and eat their flesh.

As for Mbaise people from Imo state the sad aspect of their culture is that their women are very expensive in terms of the bride price.

The man seeking the wife have to buy sewing machine,clothing etc and also train the junior siblings of the wife.

No wonder Ibo ladies age faster because no rich men to pick their hand in marriage.

As for Abiriba people their culture get as he be. Abiriba wonder

Poverty no good at all.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by kennybuda: 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Call the abriba people the smartest igbo people, They invest in their homeland i meet with alot of them in valencia and hamburg they truely love their homeland not like other foolish igbos who can go to any lenght just to aquire propertise in lagos and kano.

1 Like

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by princeonx: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
kennybuda: Call the abriba people the smartest igbo people, They invest in their homeland i meet with alot of them in valencia and hamburg they truely love their homeland not like other foolish igbos who can go to any lenght just to aquire propertise in lagos and kano.
Do you have a/any property? If yes, where and why did you chose there? If no, stfu!
It's called investment for some that built their houses in the city such as Lagos. I can spend N50m building in Lagos and be able to get a N25/30m loan from the bank using the property as collateral while that same house in a village won't even get me N2m loan. No disrespect to the Abiriba folks but I'll preffer to call them over-pride people than what you called them. Just like you, I also know a whole lot of them here too. Actually most of my friends are from there and I always ask them what it is with them spending every last dime they have to build this houses to show-off in the village, bringing no single income such as rent, and living like puppets in the cities where they spend most of their time and life. IMO, it's ok to build such house in the village if you have money and a lot of it because you can also build or buy another in the city for investment. For me it's senseless sharing an apartment with 3/4 other guys, living uncomfortable for 2,3, or 4yrs on a role in a city where you are based just to go spend a month in this so called big house in the village with only rats and spiders in it!
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2012
beautiful places usually have pictures all over the internet, most eastern states for some reason are under-photographed

even calabar, PH etc

help donate a picture of The most beautiful community in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Godson32(m): 6:18am On Dec 18, 2015
naijaspeak:
There is this widely held opinion by most people in some parts of Nigeria that Abiriba natives are canibalistic that is they kill their fellow human and consume the meat meaning they kill human and eat their flesh.

They also say Calabar people eat dog. All these sayings have been with us in Nigeria.

Dem say,dem say. Na wah o! By the way, # Proudly Abiriba #

1 Like

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by SonOfEl(m): 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
In terms of aesthetic charm and planning in southeastern towns, I give it to abiriba.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by drmikeadams(m): 11:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
grin grin..Na my home town be that...proudly
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by tomakint: 11:20am On May 16, 2016
drmikeadams:
grin grin..Na my home town be that...proudly
Really?

Cc: Lalasticlala abeg give this thread volume our Igbo brethren have more to help us out with on this beautiful town in Alaigbo.
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by lalasticlala(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2016
tomakint:

Really?

Cc: Lalasticlala abeg give this thread volume our Igbo brethren have more to help us out with on this beautiful town in Alaigbo.

Such a thread without pictures? They won't find it interesting without pictures.

1 Like

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 16, 2016
lalasticlala:

Such a thread without pictures? They won't find it interesting workout pictures.
lala happy new week grin
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by donvat1(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2016
naijaspeak:

we're talkn money while u're here talkn nonsense
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by suskumayaya(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2016
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by donvat1(m): 8:42pm On May 16, 2016
princeonx:

Do you have a/any property? If yes, where and why did you chose there? If no, stfu!
It's called investment for some that built their houses in the city such as Lagos. I can spend N50m building in Lagos and be able to get a N25/30m loan from the bank using the property as collateral while that same house in a village won't even get me N2m loan. No disrespect to the Abiriba folks but I'll preffer to call them over-pride people than what you called them. Just like you, I also know a whole lot of them here too. Actually most of my friends are from there and I always ask them what it is with them spending every last dime they have to build this houses to show-off in the village, bringing no single income such as rent, and living like puppets in the cities where they spend most of their time and life. IMO, it's ok to build such house in the village if you have money and a lot of it because you can also build or buy another in the city for investment. For me it's senseless sharing an apartment with 3/4 other guys, living uncomfortable for 2,3, or 4yrs on a role in a city where you are based just to go spend a month in this so called big house in the village with only rats and spiders in it!
my broda they charity begins at home.
a word is enough for a wise.
so be wise.
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by princeonx: 12:24pm On May 26, 2016
donvat1:

my broda they charity begins at home.
a word is enough for a wise.
so be wise.
I own a house both in the city and village. I refuse to have one only in the village where I visit once a year for a month or less and have nothing where I actually live and that is my own preference. It's funny that this same topic came up again at a friend's house last saturday! Another Abiriba man we know who is in his late 60s, doesn't have a good job decided to kick off this project that we all know that with his present income, the house won't be done in 20 years. He has 3 kids who were all born in the US and they live in a 2 bedrooms apartment. Those kids (all above 10) had visited Nigeria once, they have no plans of ever relocating there (so they say). Now tell me, who is this guy building that house for? While a $20,000 down payment will get them a nice house and even if the unforseen happen, his family can continue paying the mortgage and still have a roof over their head. All the same every man with his choice. If you're rich and can afford it, go for it but not when you're struggling.
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by drmikeadams(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2016
princeonx:

grin grin grin..hehehe the beautiful empty houses wey full there ..no be here....oo...
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by DabuIIIT: 12:17am On Aug 11, 2016
SonOfEl:
In what happ'n,where are u?
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
princeonx:

GBAM!
Stamped and sealed
You make sense
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Ukaegbuagbaieni: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
tomakint:

You need to be there live my bro! The last time I visited was in 2007, one can imagine what that place (Abiriba) would looked like now!

Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Leksobewu: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
My home town
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by Leksobewu: 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
:oPlease say what you know
Re: Is Abiriba Truly The Most Beautiful Community In Nigeria? by SonOfEl(m): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2022
naijaspeak:

Stupid response

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations / Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria / Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.