Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 (19768 Views)

Nairaland Sectional Marginalization / Nairaland Sectional Awards 2011 / The Official Nairaland Sectional Awards 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Rocktation(f): 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ivynwa:

I know there's an Ubulu-uku or so, in Aniocha area, around Ogwashi-ukwu area and of cos, Asaba. So possibly they might be related to those in Anambra, since they share boundaries. You know back then, it doesn't take anything for someone to pack their fam, migrate to some other place and completely deny his root. So it's exactly like the chicken and egg tale. I don't know who made the move. Whether the ubulu people in Anambra or the ones in Delta.

@Ishi: hmmn, I got confused. Because this isn't the first time that I've seen you argue over something that an outsider might even know about completely. smiley
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Who's WE? Everybody should answer their papa name. I know Ndi Ukwuani that are proud Igbos just like Wesley and i know those than are not fond of being called Igbos just like yourself. It's a free world.
True that. All the Ukwani people I have ever interacted with distance themselves from the Igbo race, but its a free world as you have said.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ishilove: 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rocktation:

@Ishi: hmmn, I got confused. Because this isn't the first time that I've seen you argue over something that an outsider might even know about completely. smiley
O really? Can you give me instances?? smiley
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rocktation:

I know there's an Ubulu-uku or so, in Aniocha area, around Ogwashi-ukwu area and of cos, Asaba. So possible they might be related to those in Anambra, since they share boundaries. You know back then, it doesn't take anything for someone to pack their fam, migrate to some other place and completely deny his root. So it's exactly like the chicken and egg tale. I don't know who made the move. Whether the ubulu people in Anambra or the ones in Delta.

By denying roots, what do you mean? The Ubulukwu people are proud Igbos. They're from the Asaba area and not the Ukwuani area where there's divided loyalty.

Btw, where are you from?

I wonder why we don't see you guys at the culture section.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ishilove: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
gbanikiti: That bini king must be a person for scattering your ancestors.All the same you are an igbo girl because the igbo blood still runs in your vein.
A real person! grin

I am not Igbo, dear gbankiti. Whatever trace of Igbo in my blood has long since drained out.

I am Ukwani. cool
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by gbanikiti(m): 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hmm, just like my cousin's wife who is from kwale,bears the name ifeoma and says she isnt igbo.i simply told her she is from Nupe then!
Ishilove:
True that. All the Ukwani people I have ever interacted with distance themselves from the Igbo race, but its a free world as you have said.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Rocktation(f): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
I hope the mods here, forgive us. Ishi, I saw that obiaruku discussion.
Afam, the roots I mean now, is completely erasing their actual ancestral lands from their discussions and even memories sometimes. An example is the Kwale people in Ndokwa-east. Most of them migrated from Ada, an isoko land, because of fertile lands and fresh fish and even speak Ukwani till date. A lot of our generation do not know this, buh a few of our oldies still relay the truth.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by gbanikiti(m): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
For the second time you no serious! I bu nwada inu go?
Ishilove:
A real person! grin

I am not Igbo, dear gbankiti. Whatever trace of Igbo in my blood has long since drained out.

I am Ukwani. cool
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ivynwa(f): 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rocktation:

I know there's an Ubulu-uku or so, in Aniocha area, around Ogwashi-ukwu area and of cos, Asaba. So possible they might be related to those in Anambra, since they share boundaries. You know back then, it doesn't take anything for someone to pack their fam, migrate to some other place and completely deny his root. So it's exactly like the chicken and egg tale. I don't know who made the move. Whether the ubulu people in Anambra or the ones in Delta.

The Ubulus in Anambra and Imo crossed the Niger, this thread is not the place for the discussion may be we will create a thread for that.

Ishilove I was telling you something important but you didn't seem to understand me.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ishilove:
I am Ukwani. cool
I just hope you know Ukwuani is not recognized as an ethnic group in the Nigerian constitution. So, saying you're Ukwuani is akin to someone saying he's Ngwa, Onitsha, Nkanu, Abakaliki etc.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
@Rocktation
Where are you from?
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by naptu2: 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
I just hope you know Ukwuani is not recognized as an ethnic group in the Nigerian constitution. So, saying you're Ukwuani is akin to someone saying he's Ngwa, Onitsha, Nkanu, Abakaliki etc.

Is there a place where ethnic groups are listed in the Nigerian constitution and what section is that?
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ivynwa(f): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:

Afam m na agwa ya ka okwudebe ife o na ekwu, ginwa nyere kwuo ya aka. Make we no derail thread much obughi na ebea ana ako unu onu ka o ga akoro ha na ndi be ha dump ndi be anyi Lol. Funny but not.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by gbanikiti(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
You don create topic sharp sharp? You too much.my battery don low sef.
afam4eva: This is really a hot topic https://www.nairaland.com/1141521/igbo-ethnic-group-nation-confusion
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ivynwa:

Ishilove I was telling you something important but you didn't seem to understand me.
I didn't understand o, sis, that's why I didn't respond. undecided
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by naptu2: 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ishilove:
A real person! grin

I am Ukwani. cool

Hahahaha! You remind me of my dear former professor. "One British professor wrote a book and said that Ukwani is Igbo and I wrote a rejoinder to him immediately. I am not Igbo! I am a member of the Ukwani Nation!" (This had absolutely nothing to do with our lecture for the day o!)
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
gbanikiti: You don create topic sharp sharp? You too much.my battery don low sef.
It's not really a new topic. It's a few days old. It's just a topic that explains the difference between an ethnic group and a nation. Ukwuani may not be part of the Igbo nation which is a sense on oness that exists among Igbos, but it's part of the ethnic group. That's where people like Ishilove are getting it confused with. https://www.nairaland.com/1141521/igbo-ethnic-group-nation-confusion
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
naptu2:

Hahahaha! You remind me of my dear former professor. "One British professor wrote a book and said that Ukwani is Igbo and I wrote a rejoinder to him immediately. I am not Igbo! I am a member of the Ukwani Nation!" (This had absolutely nothing to do with our lecture for the day o!)
Are you Ukwuani?
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ishilove: 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
The Nigerian constitution is flawed, didn't you know that?
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by naptu2: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you Ukwuani?

Read my post carefully and slowly.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ivynwa(f): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ishilove:
I didn't understand o, sis, that's why I didn't respond. undecided

Oya make we jam for Afam's new thread Kia kia, na there we go discuss better. https://www.nairaland.com/1141521/igbo-ethnic-group-nation-confusion

Afam how about removing the "confusion" in the title? Is it not about the Ethnic groups that sprang up from Igbo?
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Rocktation(f): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva: @Rocktation
Where are you from?

Depends on a lot of things. But I'll say Ndokwa-east (Abhor area). We're originally part of the isokos that migrated, so you're getting the info, first-hand. Infact, we still have lands and relatives that we visit and visit us from time to time. They take part in some of our rites and we do the same in theirs.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ivynwa:

Oya make we jam for Afam's new thread Kia kia, na there we go discuss better. https://www.nairaland.com/1141521/igbo-ethnic-group-nation-confusion

Afam how about removing the "confusion" in the title? Is it not about the Ethnic groups that sprang up from Igbo?
The confusion is the reason why Ishilove is saying that she's not Igbo but Ukwuani. People have to understand that there's a difference between an ethnic group, tribe and Nation.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by gbanikiti(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nation and group? So they are a nation and not a group bah? Ok o!
afam4eva:
It's not really a new topic. It's a few days old. It's just a topic that explains the difference between an ethnic group and a nation. Ukwuani may not be part of the Igbo nation which is a sense on oness that exists among Igbos, but it's part of the ethnic group. That's where people like Ishilove are getting it confused with. https://www.nairaland.com/1141521/igbo-ethnic-group-nation-confusion
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rocktation:

Depends on a lot of things. But I'll say Ndokwa-east (Abhor area). We're originally part of the isokos that migrated, so you're getting the info, first-hand. Infact, we still have lands and relatives that we visit and visit us from time to time. They take part in some of our rites and we do the same in theirs.
I also met a guy that's just like you. he says they migrated from the Isoko area and settled in Ndokwa.

So, what language do you speak and understand?
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by DExplorer1: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]He is only easing the tension on the thread.

How did you notice he is always on every thread if you are not guilty of thesame allegations
[/color]
Oh naaaaah! Now that's as$ licking. Don't speak for Mynd, let him reply that dude.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Ivynwa(f): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
The confusion is the reason why Ishilove is saying that she's not Igbo but Ukwuani. People have to understand that there's a difference between an ethnic group, tribe and Nation.

Yeah, it sounds funny though. You don't remove your root from your genes. The Ubulus in Anambra and Imo crossed the Niger leaving the other Ubulus in Asaba side but they still consider these other Ubulus their relatives.

Oya o-o time to continue the sweet conversation in your nice thread Afam before we all get banned for derailing thread.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Rocktation(f): 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
I also met a guy that's just like you. he says they migrated from the Isoko area and settled in Ndokwa.

So, what language do you speak and understand?

Both! smiley
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
Rocktation:

Both! smiley
WOW! So, it means, it's not been long since your family migrated.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Rocktation(f): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nah. My grand dad did. My fam still answers an isoko surname (my great grand dad's) till date, even though, we claim Ukwani.

#revelations wink
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Coogar: After all the trouble and possible bans that this guy has recieved, i'm surprised he was able to win a title this year. Anyways, i must comment his resolve to set the records straight in the UCL, premiership and La Liga section. if Dayokanu had not joined satan in hell to spread evil to all nations, he would have been in contention too..

I would have won again this year, But i willingly stepped down for others unlike some people who whine endlessly, I actually declined the award this year

I bet some would have been shouting marginalisation

dayokanu: I already won the hat trick, 2009, 2010, 2011.

I wan step down for others

https://www.nairaland.com/1122091/coogar-voted-european-football-section#13236830

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Waterfalls Event Center: Spacious, Serene & Secure Halls At Ikeja / Some Fascinating Images You Need To See. / Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.