Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 (19770 Views)

Nairaland Sectional Marginalization / Nairaland Sectional Awards 2011 / The Official Nairaland Sectional Awards 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
I want to use this opportunity to congratulate the winners.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by honeric01(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2012
Great.. congratulations to the winners.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by gohome: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus:

I don't want us to turn this thread into tribal bashfest again, but have you guys ever sat down and thought why you are always the ones always crying foul in everything? Poster of the year, you cried tribalism; Hall of Fame, you cried tribalism; Hall of Shame, you cried tribalism. Haba, guys

As a moderator you should not play to his trap unless you are a bigot which IMO you are. Please who are the guys always crying foul. Let me guess, his tribe. If it his tribe you are referring to, I demand you drop an apology. We need to start taking tribalism seriously starting from the moderators.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Harrydoc: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2012
;Dkudos!!!
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by nitrogen(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Nairaland and tribalism, it wasn't like this 2-3 years ago, then it was cool, but now, any thread that makes it to the front page will always 'degenerate' into war/e-fights, nawa o, and it is always the igbos (offensive side) vs yorubas (defensive side). Its crazyyy.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by omayyi: 2:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
the cry babies are at again. One would think there's nothing to cry about in a thread like this. But for where. They just have to live up to their reputation-cry babies.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Freiburger(m): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Thumb up for Mr Siena for the double award, congrats to other winners.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by ujchief(m): 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
Congratulations to the sectional winners!
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
Na wa oo. Mr/Mrs Nairaland, unko?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
It's unfortunate that a mod could actually propose that kind of topic knowing fully well that it will degenerate into a war zone.
Ignorant.

Someone proposed the topic and we called for suggestion, scrutiny on the propriety of the topic.

The topic was considered because we felt it should be an avenue for you guys to formally and civilly present your case against other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by tellwisdom: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
Make una sit down there make mukina dey decieve una undecided
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Freiburger(m): 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
ujchief:
there was no politics section election, there was a yoruba politics section poster of the year, jarus made sure it was an all yoruba affair by disqualifying Afam, the top nominee. Kudos to you, u did a great job.
shocked shocked shocked How does this statement make you smart?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Mcdondayan: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Congrats to seun for his creativity in providing a platform like this for us all to get informed. I think he deserves the greatest award.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus:
Ignorant.

Someone proposed the topic and we called for suggestion, scrutiny on the propriety of the topic.

The topic was considered because we felt it should be an avenue for you guys to formally and civilly present your case against other Nigerians.

Someone proposed it and you ignorantly wanted to go ahead with it knowing fully well that Nairaland is a tribal forum and it will degenerate into debasement and name calling. You're a MOD for crying out loud and you need to start acting like one. You guys have contributed to the ridiculous level of tribal myopia and you're no relenting in your efforts. Can you people be indifferent for once in your lives.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by nitrogen(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
What a moronic dingbat. So, Igbos are always the offenders while the Yorubas are innocent? This just shows that even those that claim to be detribalized are worse.

There you go again! Can't you just be mute for a while?

@all, can you now see that my assertion is quite cool and true. Offendersssss!
With the quoted, it will be something else on this thread if I a tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Afam was disqualified, never because of his tribe, but because he had been banned 5 times this year.
The ban rule had been existing since 2010. Beaf wasn't Igbo, he was disqualified last year for same rule. Yes, his PDP/GEJ people shouted, but we didnt hear his Ijaw folks come up in arms. Haba, why is it that any innocent application of rule against anybody Igbo is viewed from ethnic prism?

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by ujchief(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
nitrogen: Nairaland and tribalism, it wasn't like this 2-3 years ago, then it was cool, but now, any thread that makes it to the front page will always 'degenerate' into war/e-fights, nawa o, and it is always the igbos (offensive side) vs yorubas (defensive side). Its crazyyy.
lol@defensive side. Just visit the politics section and see threads created today aimed at denigrating igbos. Such threads are easily recomended for front page status by jarus ur 'defensive' yoruba. I dont make anonymous assumptions, Eko ille's thread hit frontpage just with few comments, u know why? B'cos the aim was to denigrate igbos, so whos on the offensive here? Its funny how u guys stir a bee's hive and expect not to get stung.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus: Afam was disqualified, never because of his tribe, but because he had been banned 5 time this year.
The ban rule had been existing since 2010. Beaf wasn't Igbo, he was disqualified last year for same rule. Yes, his PDP/GEJ shouted, but we didnt hear his Ijaw folks come up in arms. Haba, why is it that any innocent application of rule against anybody Igbo is viewed from ethnic prism?
We've gone beyond why i was disqualified despite the fact that the disqualification happened in the celebrity section. We want to know why your MODS are so tribalistic and not ashamed of it. To the extent that you would propose a tribal topic for debate.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by ijebabe: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
Here we go again undecided
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
Someone proposed it and you ignorantly wanted to go ahead with it knowing fully well that Nairaland is a tribal forum and it will degenerate into debasement and name calling. You're a MOD for crying out loud and you need to start acting like one. You guys have contributed to the ridiculous level of tribal myopia and you're no relenting in your efforts. Can you people be indifferent for once in your lives.
That was why we subjected it to scrutiny from contributors.

And the issue of marginalization or not is not necessarily a negative one, it is an avenue for any party that feels aggrieved to formally present his case. E
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus:
Ignorant.

for you guys. Which guys? Last time I checked Nigeria as a whole has a case that should be deliberated on. Mr lord lugard I thought you were smarter than this. Smh..

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by pazienza(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
Of course,the political section award was yorubanized.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2012
afam4eva:
We've gone beyond why i was disqualified despite the fact that the disqualification happened in the celebrity section. We want to know why your MODS are so tribalistic and not ashamed of it. To the extent that you would propose a tribal topic for debate.
Ignorance again.

Marginalization = tribalism in your books. I hail o

And btw, were you banned because you were Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2012
lucenzo: for you guys. Which guys? Last time I checked Nigeria as a whole has a case that should be deliberated on. Mr lord lugard I thought you were smarter than this. Smh..

You guys = people (anybody) looking at innocent actions from tribal lens.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
smh
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Freiburger(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
To all posters, i wish to inform you that there are consequences for attempting to deny this thread from serving the purpose for which it was created, and i will not repeat this again.
Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Jarus:
Ignorance again.

Marginalization = tribalism in your books. I hail o

And btw, were you banned because you were Igbo?
I'll suggest that you don't insult me again if you don't want hell to be let lose on this thread and the entire forum. You're a mod so start acting like one.

I was banned because i was always on the other side of the divide just like Beaf and PointB were. You disqualified beaf because he was pro-PDP but never Gbawe and Katsumoto who just like beaf were loyal to their political affiliation and school of thought.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by Mcdondayan: 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
If people like Eko ile, Dayokanu, agbari ............. Have been dealt with in a manner that is proper, then others will learn. If there is any other person that is fuelling tribalism in this forum (including you Jarus or I) he should be dealt with.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sectional Awards 2012 by johnstar(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2012
ok, bag of garri 4 all d winners undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Waterfalls Event Center: Spacious, Serene & Secure Halls At Ikeja / Some Fascinating Images You Need To See. / Nigeria Summons Egyptian Ambassador Over Maltreatment Of Teenage Traveller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.