Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,708 members, 7,805,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean (2298 Views)

Godwin Hosea, Bullet Proof Manufacturer- Policeman Decorated With New Rank:Photo / Protagonists Of Biafra Not Invited To UN Or AU Meetings —uwazurike / Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 07, 2012
Zinox Computers Invited To Capture Carribean Market, starting with St Kitts & Nevis

http://www.cuopm.com/newsitem_new.asp?articlenumber=3410&post200803=true
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
Such silence...... Oh well, it's good news...so no surprises there.. wink
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Boicc(m): 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
@Rossike...heheheheh
i'm telling u because som ppl develop hbp on hearin gud news,xo dey no won comment,imagine even wit ova 44 views but yet no comment..lolz
"ALL OF YOU"

1 Like

Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
^^My brotha in fact na wa. grin We may need a doctor on standby at NL to treat folks here for the terrible impact that good news has on their health.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
St Kitts PM said:

''I have always wished to visit Zinox having read a lot in the social and print media about the purpose and character of the Group, and the world class structure and processes that I have just seen surpassed my wildest imagination. I can now say that there is hope for Nigeria and I will take the message of this hope home to my people. I thank my friend the Deputy Senate President for making this visit possible''.

Is this the same Naija that folks here said nothing can happen because there is ''no light'', ''no roads'', ''no water''?

How then did Zinox Computers manage to start manufacturing PCs and tablets in Naija to the point of attracting international attention?

Aren't these habitual moaners merely using some of these developmental issues we have as an excuse for their ineptitude and slackness?

Isn't that why they turn silent in embarrassment when they read news like this that runs counter to their pessimism and excuses?

India that has the same power issues as Naija, are they not among the top IT nations today, supplying experts and technology to even western countries with 24/7 light, water, security et al?

Every day 'govt this govt that'. The govt may not be perfect, but at least they've provided mass education of which you are a beneficiary. SO USE IT.

1 Like

Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by manny4life(m): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2012
Lol.. gr8 news. What we need is industrialization, we're getting there.

Will he invest there? grin grin grin

@Mr Ross, I like your pro-Nigerian agenda, though I may not agree with a few of them but that's wasup. It's news like this that will make diasporans (if I spelled correctly) needs to read more often, come back and invest.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
manny4life: Lol.. gr8 news. What we need is industrialization, we're getting there.

Will he invest there? grin grin grin

@Mr Ross, I like your pro-Nigerian agenda, though I may not agree with a few of them but that's wasup. It's news like this that will make diasporans (if I spelled correctly) needs to read more often, come back and invest.

Look, there is no better time to invest in Nigeria than now. Ignore all these guys that come here to type dust. The Nigerian middle class is EXPLODING in size. If you have a service or product that appeals to them, you're made for life. Just come in, set up your biz, brand it, pim.p it out, and watch the cash roll in. Very few markets on earth today can provide you the returns of the Nigerian market.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by igbo2011(m): 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
I am promoting this on my site www.africanedp.com under nigeria.
Www.facebook.com/africanedp

We are promoting finished goods.

Thanks for your posts. Keep the m coming.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Gbawe: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Zinox is certainly a Nigerian Company to be proud of. The Company reminds me of ASUS that started with an unknown name in a sector where brand perception is every thing. Today ASUS, aside being an established player, now produces tablets and PC's for others. They are currently producing tablets and PC's for google. Eg the very good google Nexus tablet.

Gaining credibility and winning the trust of buyers is always difficult in the computing/electronic sector but committed players should focus on making products of comparatively good and continuously improving quality to gain market share.

Any company willing to succeed in the computer hardware sector must also be ready to commit long term to their 'assault on the market' as that is what is required. You cannot come in today and depose Samsung, Apple or other established name but you can gradually gain some of their market share by making your own brand name an appealing one.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
kudos to Leo Stan Eke. you are indeed a true son of IMO. please try and extend you development to your home state.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Abagworo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Little do people know that Zinox was founded by Leo Stan Ekeh.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo: Little do people know that Zinox was founded by Leo Stan Ekeh.
Some of us know...

Does anyone know where there plant is located?
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by hercules07: 2:35am On Dec 12, 2012
He does not manufacture, he has the tablets and pcs made then branded. The guy is more into HP.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by londoner: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2012
This is good news.....hopefully, more to follow this.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 12, 2012
hercules07: He does not manufacture, he has the tablets and pcs made then branded. The guy is more into HP.
I disagree with you. I have watched a documentary where computers are being assembled in his factory. I think it was the period of the general election in 2011.I once saw him at a family friend's Thanksgiving reception at the island last year.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 12, 2012
Gbawe: Zinox is certainly a Nigerian Company to be proud of. The Company reminds me of ASUS that started with an unknown name in a sector where brand perception is every thing. Today ASUS, aside being an established player, now produces tablets and PC's for others. They are currently producing tablets and PC's for google. Eg the very good google Nexus tablet.

Gaining credibility and winning the trust of buyers is always difficult in the computing/electronic sector but committed players should focus on making products of comparatively good and continuously improving products to gain market share.

Any company willing to succeed in the computer hardware sector must also be ready to commit long term to their 'assault on the market' as that is what is required. You cannot come in today and depose Samsung, Apple or other established name but you can gradually gain some of their market share by making your own brand name an appealing one.
but i wonder why his computers are not really bought by Nigerians compared to other foreign products. what might be the cause?
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Gbawe: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2012
hercules07: He does not manufacture, he has the tablets and pcs made then branded. The guy is more into HP.

There is nothing wrong with that. Even in the West, many brand name wholesalers still merely only 'badge' item that are at the lower end of their line and not near flagship model. I.e they buy decent quality generic items ,capable of meeting or surpassing quality standards, where it is relatively cheaply produced and put their brand name on this finished item that, in the strict sense, they did not "manufacture". At best they will get the foreign supplier to 'tweak' the item to meet a specific purpose even as chassis is essentially the same. In the UK, for example, many netbooks , from different brands, look the same because they are the same but only badged seperately.

As I keep telling some of the pan-Africanists on this forum, we need to wind down on the redundant thinking that manufacturing is the panacea to the problems of Africa. We should simply embrace the concept of using comparative advantages. Because we have fallen behind terribly, in every facet, Zinox does the pragmatically correct thing by accepting that we must make use of what others have a cost, material and technical advantage of producing rather that dubiously and wastefully attempting to reinvent the wheel because of ego alone.

It was in the past that manufacturing was deemed especially important worldwide. Not so today and for how things are in reality. It is about competitive advantage for many Nations now in a globalised world, with shrinking borders, where logistics is no longer the challenge it was. As Africans we should be up to speed keying into this concept, like Zinox, or fall behind again and as usual.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2012
I doff my hart for Leo Stan Eke and his team for making us proud again.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by Gbawe: 9:37am On Dec 12, 2012
berem: but i wonder why his computers are not really bought by Nigerians compared to other foreign products. what might be the cause?

It is our love for foreign things and the belief they are automatically better. Don't get me wrong. I do not blame Nigerians for developing this mentality because it is corruption and the corner-cutting ethos, which crept up on Nigeria and bastardized our thinking, that produced a cadre of business folks with no dedication to the concept of producing quality goods. Corruption has ensured we don't have functional quality control in Nigeria. Nigerians have to then be their own 'quality controller'.

As such, many Nigerians would rather not patronise things made in Nigeria when trusted foreign brands are plentifully and competitively available. Most Nigerians would probably take a used Toshiba laptop ahead of a brand new Zinox offering. It is a shame Zinox and other innovative Nigerian businesses may just be unfortunate victims of this "foreign is better" mentality. It is what it is sadly.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by igbo2011(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2012
Gbawe:

There is nothing wrong with that. Even in the West, many brand name wholesalers still merely only 'badge' item that are at the lower end of their line and not near flagship model. I.e they buy decent quality generic items ,capable of meeting or surpassing quality standards, where it is relatively cheaply produced and put their brand name on this finished item that, in the strict sense, they did not "manufacture". At best they will get the foreign supplier to 'tweak' the item to meet a specific purpose even as chassis is essentially the same. In the UK, for example, many netbooks , from different brands, look the same because they are the same but only badged seperately.

As I keep telling some of the pan-Africanists on this forum, we need to wind down on the redundant thinking that manufacturing is the panacea to the problems of Africa. We should simply embrace the concept of using comparative advantages. Because we have fallen behind terribly, in every facet, Zinox does the pragmatically correct thing by accepting that we must make use of what others have a cost, material and technical advantage of producing rather that dubiously and wastefully attempting to reinvent the wheel because of ego alone.

It was in the past that manufacturing was deemed especially important worldwide. Not so today and for how things are in reality. It is about competitive advantage for many Nations now in a globalised world, with shrinking borders, where logistics is no longer the challenge it was. As Africans we should be up to speed keying into this concept, like Zinox, or fall behind again and as usual.

Manufacturing is essential to economies. Did you know at one point America made 60 percent of world products? Look where they are now. We are poor because we are consumers and don't produce. Take a look at your home and tell me who made the products inside? What construction materials made the house? Where were the construction materials from? I bet the resources came from Africa from a foreign controlled mine. We are economically colonized to this day. There are people outside and inside Africa ho want to keep it this way. Those people benefit from it. Entire countries benefit from Africa's underdevelopment. Countries like USA and uk rely on africa to be poor or they wouldn't be rich.

My site www.africanedp.com promotes African finished products. Www.facebook.com/africanedp we must start promoting African brands and consuming them. This is how to generate wealth.
Re: Zinox, Nigerian Computer Manufacturer, Invited To Invest In The Carribean by igbo2011(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
Gbawe:

It is our love for foreign things and the belief they are automatically better. Don't get me wrong. I do not blame Nigerians for developing this mentality because it is corruption and the corner-cutting ethos, which crept up on Nigeria and bastardized our thinking, that produced a cadre of business folks with no dedication to the concept of producing quality goods. Corruption has ensured we don't have functional quality control in Nigeria. Nigerians have to then be their own 'quality controller'.

As such, many Nigerians would rather not patronise things made in Nigeria when trusted foreign brands are plentifully and competitively available. Most Nigerians would probably take a used Toshiba laptop ahead of a brand new Zinox offering. It is a shame Zinox and other innovative Nigerian businesses may just be unfortunate victims of this "foreign is better" mentality. It is what it is sadly.

Also my site addresses the inferiority complex and colonial mentality we have. This mindset can be seen in music videos. Africans try and emulate Americans wearing italian clothes buying German cars drinking French champagne. I want us to promote and export our culture.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Bode George, Dabo, Accuses Them of N100 Billion Dirty Contracts / APC Sent Greetings To President Jonathan On His Birthday / Oba Of Benin Assures Jonathan Of Election Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.