Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? (2626 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 07, 2012
I'm wondering, cos the bible itself is full of prophecy (the entire book of revelations is full of prophecies).

Mary (The mother of Jesus) received a message from an angel- Luke 1:35 "The Holy spirit shall come upon you, and the power of God shall overshadow you; so the baby born to you will be utterly holy-the son of God.

In verse 41, when Mary visited Elizabeth.
At the sound of Mary's greeting, Elizabeth's child (John) leaped within her and she was filled with the Holy Spirit

In verse 67, Zachariah the husband of Elizabeth & father of John.
Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit and gave this prophecy: Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, for he has come to visit his people....

Back to the topic. Pls I need answers before I proceed.
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 07, 2012
I DONT KNOW IF THEY BELIEVE IN TONGUES BUT I KNOW THEY BELIEVE IN PUTTING CABIN BISCUIT AND RIBENA ON THEIR TONGUES grin grin grin
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
acidosis™:
I'm wondering, cos the bible itself is full of prophecy (the entire book of revelations is full of prophecies).

Mary (The mother of Jesus) received a message from an angel- Luke 1:35 "The Holy spirit shall come upon you, and the power of God shall overshadow you; so the baby born to you will be utterly holy-the son of God.

In verse 41, when Mary visited Elizabeth.
At the sound of Mary's greeting, Elizabeth's child (John) leaped within her and she was filled with the Holy Spirit

In verse 67, Zachariah the husband of Elizabeth & father of John.
Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit and gave this prophecy: Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, for he has come to visit is people....

Back to the topic. Pls I need answers before I proceed.

Good afternoon,
I really do not know what inspired the questions you are asking but one thing is sure, the Catholic church has never, not even once, said they do not believe in prophecy, speaking in tongues and the rest.

I will really like to know what informed the questions you are asking.
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
obadiah777: I DONT KNOW IF THEY BELIEVE IN TONGUES BUT I KNOW THEY BELIEVE IN PUTTING CABIN BISCUIT AND RIBENA ON THEIR TONGUES grin grin grin

Hi,
I don't think the thread is about mocking something you do not undrstand or cannot relate with. If you do have an objective view on the subject matter, I will really like to see it.

Thanks!
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
striktlymi:

Good afternoon,
I really do not know what inspired the questions you are asking but one thing is sure, the Catholic church has never, not even once, said they do not believe in prophecy, speaking in tongues and the rest.

I will really like to know what informed the questions you are asking.

Thanks for your reply, sir. I asked cos I've never heard them speak in tongue, prophecy, or preached about the holy spirit.
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
obadiah777: I DONT KNOW IF THEY BELIEVE IN TONGUES BUT I KNOW THEY BELIEVE IN PUTTING CABIN BISCUIT AND RIBENA ON THEIR TONGUES grin grin grin
lmao.. thats the body of christ, I think
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
acidosis™:

Thanks for your reply, sir. I asked cos I've never heard them speak in tongue, prophecy, or preached about the holy spirit.

Are you a Catholic? So it is not surprising then that you haven't heard them speak in tongue, prophecy and preach about the Holy Spirit.
Anyways, it's not about what you have heard or not heard but about we they do.
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Rocktation(f): 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
So Acidosis, do you think we include the Holy spirit, when we do the sign of the cross just for the fun of it? You really shouldn't just sit down on one spot and be confused about certain things. Your curiosity should have driven you to attend one of their masses and see/hear for yourself.
In all, we believe in the Holy spirit and speaking in tongues.....when it is the real deal that is,..... not when we have to go learn how to speak it at a certain kind of training school.
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2012
striktlymi:

Are you a Catholic? So it is not surprising then that you haven't heard them speak in tongue, prophecy and preach about the Holy Spirit.

I am not a catholic, all I want is their belief and stand about these 3 aspects..

Come with a straight and clear answer (Yes/No)
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
Rocktation: So Acidosis, do you think we include the Holy spirit, when we do the sign of the cross just for the fun of it? You really shouldn't just sit down on one spot and be confused about certain things. Your curiosity should have driven you to attend one of their masses and see/hear for yourself.
In all, we believe in the Holy spirit and speaking in tongues.....when it is the real deal that is,..... not when we have to go learn how to speak it at a certain kind of training school.

Thanks!! You've given me the answers.
I think I have to rest my case at this juncture..
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by Rocktation(f): 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
Re: Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? by brocab: 12:01am On Dec 25, 2015
It's impossible you speak in tongues-Catholic's don't believe in one becoming a born again, after the disciples received the Holy Spirit-they became born again, and it was the Spirit who gave them utterance to speak in other tongues.

(1) (Reply)

Crossing The Red Sea Explained. No Divine Intervention. / Sermon Jotters: O Lord! Make A Way For Me {mfm Sunday Service} / Be Blessed Today By Wishing The Great Prophet Happy Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.