Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs (11812 Views)

Do Drugs Really Lose Their Potency After Falling On The Floor? / My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! / How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
A new anti-drug advertisement shows the devastating physical transformation addicts experience after years of meth and herion use.

The photos, that show a shocking Dorian Gray-like deterioration, were compiled from mug shots of drug users that were arrested repeatedly over the years.

The continued drug use caused horrific damage to the drug users' skin with sores and scarring - that can be caused by uncontrollable scratching during a hallucination when the addict imagines bugs are crawling under their skin.
Please Dont Do Drugs

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244031/The-horror-Meth-Before-pictures-reveal-shocking-transformation-faces-users-hooked-deadly-drug.html?ICO=most_read_module

2 Likes

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
More pics

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2012
more pics

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by dickhardener: 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
People strongly undermine the destructive power of drugs.

1 Like

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by emilyone(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2012
Macaulay Culkin

1 Like

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by feminineA: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
What I still don't understand is how drugs destroy some people and the other people are just normal
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2012
Too bad!
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by EfemenaXY: 1:48am On Dec 08, 2012
This is so sad. sad

Whitney Houston comes to mind. May her poor soul finally find some peace. cry cry
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by SisiKill1: 2:07am On Dec 08, 2012
Oh my God! I was just talking to my niece about this. . . specifically about Jael Straus who was on America's Top Model.This lovely girl actually made it to the final round. Then somehow, her life went off track, she's now a homeless meth addict. sad

BEFORE METH

AFTER METH

It is just so sad!!
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by olasmail78yaho(m): 3:23am On Dec 08, 2012
Mehn these drugs are the most evil soul destroying thing ive ever seen.
I bin tink say jazz/juju wicked,but dis drugs tin na na na na i no fit even talk wetin e be sef .
Dis one na sad tin O.
Look at their eyes,the regret and sad hopeless state of being.
DRUGS NO BE BETTER TIN O

1 Like

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by rickross2: 5:52am On Dec 08, 2012
I really really want to know, why do people do drugs? Is cocaine sweet like sugar? I cant even smoke cigar talkless of coke...
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 08, 2012
have sometimes thought they don't highlight just have much havoc heisenberg is causing with his 99.9% pure methin in breaking bad.

there have been some scenes of meth addicts, but not that many
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ektbear: 6:53am On Dec 08, 2012
Marijuana is the only reasonably safe drug. And even being addicted to it is pretty bad.

3 Likes

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 8:50am On Dec 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Oh my God! I was just talking to my niece about this. . . specifically about Jael Straus who was on America's Top Model.This lovely girl actually made it to the final round. Then somehow, her life went off track, she's now a homeless meth addict. sad

BEFORE METH

AFTER METH

It is just so sad!!
Its quite sad and heart wrecking... see promising shawtie
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Abbott(m): 10:46am On Dec 08, 2012
Now those pics and the peeps innit are surely scary and truly horrifying compared to the most frightening zombies in horror flicks.
Infact, they are zombies.
They will actually slash you to get their habits feed when crazed or do anything you want them to do, no matter how disgusting or horrible it is, just to feed their habit.

#DontDoDrugs#

1 Like

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ifyalways(f): 10:54am On Dec 08, 2012
Scary!
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2012
D devil cometh not but to steal,kill and destroy d futures of promising men and women but jesus has come to give man life and hope,isnt it obvious dat sin disgraces,destroys and reduces man.youths pls dont do drugs,theres absolutly nothing adventerous about drugs.it gives u more confidence,makes u estatic n gives u d feeling of euphoria temporarily but d end is better left imagined.smh

3 Likes

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 08, 2012
The cure is to build the will power in children before they become teens, honestly it works.

My dad talked about drugs and the dangers from our pre-teens and none of us tasted the thing , ever , not because we were stronger than others, but the dangers and experiences of others were always in our minds.

I have a young teen Son , and so far so good, but I never let up, once he comes back from boarding school, I start my lectures all over again with prayers.

Parents , please talk to your kids about this at least once a week, nobody is immune from this menace.

For those who are already addicted, we can only pray for them and hope they are delivered, it is truly difficult to come out of this sad situation sad

2 Likes

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2012
kulyie: D devil cometh not but to steal,kill and destroy d futures of promising men and women but jesus has come to give man life and hope,isnt it obvious dat sin disgraces,destroys and reduces man.youths pls dont do drugs,theres absolutly nothing adventerous about drugs.it gives u more confidence,makes u estatic n gives u d feeling of euphoria temporarily but d end is better left imagined.smh

Very true.

Many lives are being destroyed as we speak !
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by topsyking: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2012
Forget that level jare....IGBO is good for the body...I recommend Igbo for moderate smoker

2 Likes

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 08, 2012
Wonder what drug dealers and smugglers view point of this would be. undecided

It takes a completely insensitive and incorrigible greedy fellow to engage in such trade knowing the destructive tendencies it has.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2012
topsyking: Forget that level jare....IGBO is good for the body...I recommend Igbo for moderate smoker
i guess for peeps like you xperience is always the best teacher cheesy cheesy
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2012
I think people do drugs as a way to escape, pass the time, or experience something new because they have "seen it all" in life.

I stumbled across this very strange but fascinating forum for drug users/addicts and some of their thoughts were....interesting to say the least. Some take drugs in rebellion against what they label propaganda discouraging people from doing drugs recreationally. In their opinion if you regularly snort cocaine and are put together socially and financially you have beaten the system. Many of them claim to have high-paying executive jobs and good social standing while being on drugs for years on end.

Sha..there are more drug users hanging around you than you might think! More so in Nigeria.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by dominique(f): 11:22am On Dec 08, 2012
Sad. A lot of them actually try to kick the habit but end up suffering a worse relapse.
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 08, 2012
I need to bookmark this for my spoilt cousin to see. lipsrsealed
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by demelza: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2012
This is really a horror flick.
rick.ross:
I really really want to know, why do people do drugs? Is cocaine sweet like sugar? I cant even smoke cigar talkless of coke...
There are reasons why people do drugs. I'll list some:
1. Peer Pressure; wanting to seem cool among your mates and not to be the odd one out.
2. Using it to escape from unpleasant circumstances going on in ones life.
3. Some do it out of curiousity because of the "hype" they must have heard about it.
4. Some do drugs to rebel against society or authority.
The sad thing is once they get hooked, its almost impossible to quit.

1 Like

Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by topsyking: 11:28am On Dec 08, 2012
ejifranks: i guess for peeps like you xperience is always the best teacher cheesy cheesy
Dats where u getting it wrong...IGBO is not cocaine or heroine....igbo is medicinal..blend of dry leaf....its legal in some country...too much of anything is bad..so moderate is d answer..cigarette is even worst dan coke
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Soukiss(m): 11:44am On Dec 08, 2012
what about drug dealer. they sale it but they are not taking it . see d banjo okoko master don jazee. i like to b drug dealer not smoker . nice job f thogz
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by ejifranks(m): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2012
topsyking:
Dats where u getting it wrong...IGBO is not cocaine or heroine....igbo is medicinal..blend of dry leaf....its legal in some country...too much of anything is bad..so moderate is d answer..cigarette is even worst dan coke
ok but i have seen a lot of peeps including a close acquaintance of my younger bro run mad after smoking the so called medicinal igbo. and as for moderation, you may not understand why this guys cant stop smoking marijuana, using cociane and meth till the reach the disaster point...and thats why we call them ADDICTS....... SO ITS SAFE YOU DONT FORM THE HABIT IN THE FIRST PLACE COS ITS HARD TO LET GO OR MODERATE FOR MAJORITY OF PEOPLE....
Re: The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2012
topsyking:

Nonsense.

I have seen people run mad because of marijuana , and guess what , 99% of all heroine, cocaine and meth users started off with marijuana .

Why would you want to take marijuana anyway or any other drug for that matter, can you not operate under normal conditions

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For Those Who Have Irregular Complexion In Your Face / Dangers of consuming too much maggi and other bouillon cubes / Natural Ways To Increase Your Male Organ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.