Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,154 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

“We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors (13731 Views)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai / How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Welder(m): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2012
Nigerian preacher TB Joshua reacted with horror to reports that people in Zimbabwe wishing to visit Nigeria for healing sessions have been paying $100 registration fees. He has ordered immediate refunds.

He said in a statement: “I have received many emails and newspaper reports on the internet complaining of registration fees of $100. What then makes us an evangelist? When people go to concerts, they also register with $100. If we are evangelists, co-ordinating for God’s sake, all our concerns, aspirations and heart desires must be subjected to the gospel through works of charity by helping the sick, distressed and unsaved instead of collecting registration fees of $100 from them before giving succour, I mean, attending to them.

“This cannot be justified; it amounts to taking a portion of their situation. Your promise, if I may remind you, was to give rest to the sick, distressed and unsaved. If we are focused on making money only, a large slice of life will pass us by.”

Prophet TB Joshua, castigated ‘men of God’ who are living large at the expense of their followers.

“We should spend less on ourselves and more on others,” he said.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/12/07/we-spend-less-ourselves-others-prophet-t-b-joshua/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=we-spend-less-ourselves-others-prophet-t-b-joshua

7 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Welder(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
Methinks other pastors and men of God should take a cue from this man. True service involves giving, sharing and sacrifice, something you feel is non-existent in the current bunch.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Goshen360(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
Welder:

“This cannot be justified; it amounts to taking a portion of their situation. Your promise, if I may remind you, was to give rest to the sick, distressed and unsaved. If we are focused on making money only, a large slice of life will pass us by.”

Prophet TB Joshua, castigated ‘men of God’ who are living large at the expense of their followers.

“We should spend less on ourselves and more on others,” he said.

They that peddle the word of God for profit should hear this loud and clear. Jesus said, "feed my sheep", NOT "feed FROM my sheep" - The church people are NOT customers to the church CEOs.

Goshen360

17 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by martyns303(m): 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
like me, you may not like this man, but he's a sure humanitarian.

3 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by PastorKun(m): 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
what ever anybody says despite all the reservations people have about T.B Joshua, he still stands heads and shoulder above every other pentecostal pastor in Nigeria as far as following in the footsteps of Jesus is concerned.

12 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by mcevans1(m): 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
That's the more reason i love T.B Joshua. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loses his SOUL? #VANITY#
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by YOMIT(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2012
I just Love this man, forget the media hype against him. He just have this thing other Daddys/papa lacks

2 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by mantote: 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
I am begining to love this Prophet
God bless u
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by TableLeg(m): 8:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
Real talk
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by dickhardener: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
Inspite my few reservations, I concur to this 100%.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by saintvc(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
U are black, says d pot to d kettle

3 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
Most of our Pastors have lost their moral and selfless value.

2 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Goshen360(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Most of our Pastors have lost their moral and selfless value.

GBAM. 1,000,000 likes

2 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by doctokwus: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
Is it because wt d internet news spreads round d world,thus putting d Synagogue in shame?Is Joshua trying to tell pple he is not aware of d sundry fees pple are required to pay b4 access to d church.If only he wud live by dis his much needed doctrine of d original purpose of d church,I wud b more impressd.As for d others,Oyedepo,Oyakhilome.Adefarasi,and d rest;d less said about their actions d better peace of mind of decent pple.

6 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by mankand(m): 8:58pm On Dec 07, 2012
na wash.....

After you have over fed yourself with sales of Anointing oil N5, 000 per bottle you come out here to spit venom.

I comment my reserve

4 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by TableLeg(m): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Most of our Pastors have lost their moral and selfless value.
PRICELESS

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by dady12: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
to identify a real man of God is to look to their teaching,the money this man ve spend on the needing is more than the so called private jet,did this man not having money to buy a private jet?the answer is simple as he cares for the needing, not our so call political pastors that call a private jet a necessecity why the needing are dying, other pastors should emulate him tb joshua so that poverty can be eraducated from nigeria,because of jet people are calling on the federal government to be taxing churches and mosque,what a lesson from a private jet!

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
if everybody are criticizing Prophet T.B JOSHUA of being a false prophet i refuse to do the same. cos if it's a false prophet that is preaching the right message to the people then he has my support.... Prophet T.b Joshua please carry on the good work's... GOD BLESS

5 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by gabriel212: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
NOT a big deal for a particular pastor in our obodo Nigeria. sickler have to pay #7500 at the healing school b4 he/she is admitted to the healing school.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Johnson6: 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2012
i don't kn y ppl take dis man serious.i had bn following his growth since 1993.he is just trying to pull himself out of scanda.oda jet pastor church give 2 d poor but dey don't anouce 2 d world like him

2 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by bestower: 9:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
God will continue to bless u spiritually i pray few of our jet loving pastors can emulate his beliefs.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by mangbede: 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
I av alot of respect 4 TB Joshua n his ministry....Aside his church, I can't go to any church i'm older than ie penticostal
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Joeblis(m): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
mankand: na wash.....

After you have over fed yourself with sales of Anointing oil N5, 000 per bottle you come out here to spit venom.

I comment my reserve
hahahaha guy you have been duped big time...the anoiting water is free except somebody sold it to you..if you need the anoiting water just go to the church with ur jerrycan or GP tank and fetch as you like.

2 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Exponental(m): 9:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
I wonder why there is a lot of queue @ his church
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
AM STILL SUPRISE WHY D Y0UNG MAN HASN'T B0UGHT FOR HIMSELF A PRIVATE JET O undecidedAM STILL SUPRISE WHY D Y0UNG MAN HASN'T B0UGHT FOR HIMSELF A PRIVATE JET O
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by elklehamite(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
You see,it is written "by their fruits we shall know them" and "thou shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall make you free" in other words, Truth is a maker if only selfish/self centred men of God would allow themselves to be made by this truth.This humble man of God has spoken and which is the message of Christ Himself and which must be emulated by all.Nowadays you see men of God opening schools that even their members that pays thithe and offerings that was used to open the schools cannot afford to send their own children to that schools because of the exorbitant tuition of the schools while some are busy acquiring jets for themselves while most of their members cannot afford three square meals a day.What gospel are you then preaching.Find out from Islam and you see what they do for their followers.Prophet you will ever remain blessed and Father mysterious,Jehovah Elkleham will continue to increase your anointing in the name of Jesus Christ Glorified,amen! This is what i have said and so shall it be exactly in Jesus Mighty name,amen.

2 Likes

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by ChyV(f): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
mankand: na wash.....

I comment my reserve

did he force u to buy d water?

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
mangbede: I av alot of respect 4 TB Joshua n his ministry....Aside his church, I can't go to any church i'm older than ie penticostal
you got me cracking. Going to a church you are older than.... Jeez
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
So, the "Prophet" did not know about the charges eh?? Pray tell, who instituted them in the first place

1 Like

Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Johnson6: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
des children in nairaland are easy 2 decieve.u ppl tel me d work TB is doing dt make him a giver 2 d poor.he take and give back sum so dt he can take 2more.
Re: “We Should Spend Less On Ourselves And More On Others” –T.B Joshua Tells Pastors by Maxymilliano(m): 9:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
Irrespective of my reservations towards Temitope B. Joshua and his teachings, I can't but concurred with his assertions (if true).

We will always make a living by what we get but make a life by what we give.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? / Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / My Holy Ghost Baptism And Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.