Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} (37778 Views)

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest / How Hindu Gods Became Overlapped With Vodun Gods In West Africa / Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by nosagold(m): 10:07am On Dec 11, 2012
Ife n'emekwanu n'uwa o

5 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by vislabraye(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2012
I laugh. That's why Africa is backward. So many demons in the helm of affair.
Human sacrifices, shedding of innocent blood, throwing spells and curses to family members, turning a promising future of a young man hopeless are some of the xteristics of pagan worship.
If you ever noticed, the lives of these idol worshippers are never the same.
I know of a man who joined OO Obu for wealth. The wealth he did not see, rather he sold the destiny of his children. They live in abject poverty.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by VonNestor: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2012
I think it is better a practice for them if it has no violence attached. I hate somebody taking another person's life.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by VonNestor: 10:13am On Dec 11, 2012
The only problem I have with Pagan is that it inhibit development

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 11, 2012
This is some SPOOKY shít! Runs away from thread!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by ektbear: 10:18am On Dec 11, 2012
Scary, spooky-azz stuff. But my ancestors practiced something like this, so I will try to be respectful of it.

Anyway, while I respect traditional African religions, me and my house now serve the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Born2beRich1(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2012
If they are really carrying on with their tradition why is it that there is a guy is wearing the CROSS of JESUS on his neck....

Anyways, what i can say is that Jesus is the only way, Truth and Life....Even some of these people know that...

God has given everybody the free will to do what dey want but dont say you were not aware...

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 11, 2012
grin cheesy
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PeterKbaba: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2012
I HOPE YOU ALL KNOW THAT THIS PEOPLE ONLY SACRIFICE CHICKENS OR GOATS AND THIS REGION IS ONE OF THE MOST PEACEFUL REGION IN THE WORLD. WHAT ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES THAT ARE CHRISTIANS (EUROPE) OR MUSLIMS (ARABS) AND THEY ARE ADDICTED TO WAR, KILLING OVER 10 MILLIONS PEOPLE IN WARS ( WHICH ONE SOUNDS MORE LIKE SACRIFICE ) ABEG WAKE UP.......... WAS AFRICA NOT AT PEACE BEFORE RELIGION. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE RELIGION OF JESUS CHRIST, WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH. SIMPLE ( SPIRITUALIST )

7 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by AkinDavid2: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2012
JESUS i wont stop worshiping you. Your death sets us free. A missionary call!

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2012
Good job Pagan,u should write a book. Africans r lost we need to get our acts together .thanks for the daily light..long live Africa long live African and long live our cultures

5 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Leadn(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2012
crap! weird religion...
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by abrajproperty: 10:41am On Dec 11, 2012
there is little difference between these people and christians shocked shocked shocked they both serve the wrong GOD. IF JESUS IS YOUR GOD YOU ARE SAME WITH THIS PEOPLE......AS 4ME JESUS IS A PROPHET LIKE ABRAHAM,MOSES,MUHAMMED,JOSEF,JONAS,NOAH ETC! PEACE OUT.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 10:50am On Dec 11, 2012
abraj property: there is little difference between these people and christians shocked shocked shocked they both serve the wrong GOD. IF JESUS IS YOUR GOD YOU ARE SAME WITH THIS PEOPLE......AS 4ME JESUS IS A PROPHET LIKE ABRAHAM,MOSES,MUHAMMED,JOSEF,JONAS,NOAH ETC! PEACE OUT.
but u can bow ur as.s for allah the arab nigger that wont stop sucking blood init?

5 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by rickross2: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2012
I do respect peoples opinion, but can you pagans and idol worshipers make your points without cursing black people.

Its on record most countries that worship idol/voddoo are the most backward on earth, look at Haiti for example. Togo and Benin are good examples as well. In Togo and Benin 90% of their footballers do these things in the hope of getting good clubs overseas, but behind their back they know its wrong.

If the God these people are worshiping is true and good God why are they poorer than poor?

If you look closely, most people that do these things are either fake Christians or fake Muslims. Look at some of them with Muslim chaplets, what does that tell you? It is not that they do not know that there is only one true God (JEHOVAH) These mostly illiterate people worship juju to get quick fame/power.

I am Igbo, our fore fathers did similar things. My grand father died at the age of over 100 years. Before he died he confirmed that they used to perform similar sacrifices to the God of sun of thunder etc. My grandfather confirmed that even before the white men came to Nigeria with their religion, they already know that THERE IS ONE SUPREME GOD THAT CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by efe2000: 10:55am On Dec 11, 2012
[/b]I AM VERY PLEASED I CHOSE NOT TO FOLLOW YOUR DISGUSTING, ENVIROMENT POLUTING RELIGION. I AND MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD TILL THE DAY WE DIE AND I RECOMMEND MY NON SMELLING AND NON DEMANDING GOD TO YOU. ONLY JESUS IS THE WAY TO HIM.
PAGAN 9JA:
hi there my friends. here are some recent images from the actively practiced [b]Vodun religion
, in our neighbouring NAtion of Benin & Togo. hope you enjoy it. cool

practiced by the tribes: Ewe people, Kabye people, Mina people and Fon people.

in Nigeria, the slightly different Ifa-Orisha version is practice by the Yoruba people, as you are well aware.

*pics borrowed from my friends friends fb page: Vodun Groove: Bénin and Togo (West Africa ) (by Benin Vodun priest & Initiator the Hon. Andoche Adjos Adjovi. )

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 11, 2012
The reason Africa is backward, demonic practise everywhere, Almighty God is Supreme
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mallorca(m): 10:59am On Dec 11, 2012
Only God reigns forever smiley smiley
I will never worship man maid god

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by jeezybuck: 11:02am On Dec 11, 2012
Interesting, I have not comment but to read opinions. Please keep it coming
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by crisycent: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2012
Let me ask one simple question.....if the white people didn't come to colonize us, would you have been a Christian today? It is a shame that we have dished our religion for a white mans religion.

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Pamperme: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2012
Fascinating!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by toluxa1(m): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2012
begwong: Why is this woman holding unto the islamic chasbi(rosary) and this man wearing a cross around his neck

I am still waiting for a reply to this.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by begwong: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2012
VonNestor: The only problem I have with Pagan is that it inhibit development
same ideology with BOKO HARAM(knowledge is a sin)

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by aljharem(m): 11:33am On Dec 11, 2012
Pagan

All the pictures you are showing are what we Ogus ((Ewe) although we are yorubas now) call kuvitor vondun (vodoo).

Yes they are pagans. Now Kuvitor is what Yorubas call Egun aka Maskurades.

You get more of this, come to Lagos and I can take you to some parts of Badagry and Cotouno. You would need a translator when talking to them.

E-mail me if you are interested to document it.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2012
rick.ross:
I do respect peoples opinion, but can you pagans and idol worshipers make your points without cursing black people.

Its on record most countries that worship idol/voddoo are the most backward on earth, look at Haiti for example. Togo and Benin are good examples as well. In Togo and Benin 90% of their footballers do these things in the hope of getting good clubs overseas, but behind their back they know its wrong.

If the God these people are worshiping is true and good God why are they poorer than poor?

If you look closely, most people that do these things are either fake Christians or fake Muslims. Look at some of them with Muslim chaplets, what does that tell you? It is not that they do not know that there is only one true God (JEHOVAH) These mostly illiterate people worship juju to get quick fame/power.

I am Igbo, our fore fathers did similar things. My grand father died at the age of over 100 years. Before he died he confirmed that they used to perform similar sacrifices to the God of sun of thunder etc. My grandfather confirmed that even before the white men came to Nigeria with their religion, they already know that THERE IS ONE SUPREME GOD THAT CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.
so are u saying those that worship jesus and mohammed are not backward? look at sudan, somalia, mali to the list, iraq, most togolese and benins are christians.. yet they are all backward..... u also forgot to add countries like japan, china, india etc that worship idol and yet they are not backward (that shows that no matter what u worship, if u are gonna be backward, u are gonna be backward and no god is going to safe anybody or country from being backward)..... if all africans embrace their gods without fear of discrimination. i think something good myt start happening in africa... the same way the west embraced their jesus and the arabs embraced their mohammed, east embraced their hindu ...let africans embraced their ogun, ifa, amadioha etc

7 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by 9lifes(m): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2012
vislabraye: I laugh. That's why Africa is backward. So many demons in the helm of affair.
Human sacrifices, shedding of innocent blood, throwing spells and curses to family members, turning a promising future of a young man hopeless are some of the xteristics of pagan worship.
If you ever noticed, the lives of these idol worshipers are never the same.
I know of a man who joined OO Obu for wealth. The wealth he did not see, rather he sold the destiny of his children. They live in abject poverty.

Africa is not backward because of religion,there are other developed religious society out there.Africa is poor because of our vision-less,myopic and corrupt leaders who mismanage our wealth and resources.

Is Nigeria not an Idol worshiping country?Who practice idolatry more than Nigerian Christians?This is our culture,this is our history and i am proud of it.
Even if I don't practice stuffs like this,it could be a source of wealth through tourism-so stop hating,try to see things from the non-religious point of view.

6 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by aljharem(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2012
Zanbitor sometimes called zangoto- More like kuvitor but a lower subordinate

Zunmevodun- comes out at night usually exactly like what we yorubas call Oro but rather than kill the person when found out at night,, the person gets beaten. (Kalita)

Legba - This is the most dangerous, more like we yorubas and edos call Ayinlala. Once the orisha or vondun has given the permission. No thief can steal once the incantation and lines have been drawn at the place where the robbers came. Unless the robbers confess, then they are likely to die.

Vondun - More like Ifa

Ma'ahu - Olodumare, God

That is all I know for now

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by reflexionz(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hey mr Vodun and clique....its not right to abuse and make such undignified comments about the Christian religion and the Bible, please desist from such. Now u have ur religion the best you can do is to say more and tell people that care to listen about vodun instead of attacking the christiandom.
And for people that claim we follow the "white man" didnt d white man also bring technology and education? Without d christians wud we be able to read and write even in our own language? So before people are quick to make comments pls lets be civil.
Im a born again christian i only find this thread more enlightening than otherwise. Its just about learning for me. Nice sha making us know about Vodun.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
9lifes:

Africa is not backward because of religion,there are other developed religious society out there.Africa is poor because of our vision-less,myopic and corrupt leaders who mismanage our wealth and resources.

Is Nigeria not an Idol worshiping country?Who practice idolatry more than Nigerian Christians?This is our culture,this is our history and i am proud of it.
Even if I don't practice stuffs like this,it could be a source of wealth through tourism-so stop hating,try to see things from the non-religious point of view.
u just nailed it
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by MacLovington(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
Red-Light:

can u shut up for 2minutes?....Jesus is lord because the white told u so abi?..if its the same white man that told Ogun is Lord u go still follow accept like donkey ... why cant u tell whiteman that Ogun is lord like the indians and chinese and let them accept it? black man ...zombie for life

Funny thing is that the Indians, Japanese & Chinese are far smarter than we Africans. We only think of book smartness.

They are way too socially and culturally smart hence their societies are more cohesive (despite great poverty in parts of India and China).
Today Lord Shiva & Lord Krishna are respectable even to westerners.

The Arabs instead of accepting Jewish-based religion came up with their own. Simply ingenious. Arabs today have no cultural/religious identity crisis.

But we blacks continue with inferiority complex and self-loathing (not even realising it).

The great indigenious West African empires(Benin,Oyo, Dahomey, Ashanti, Hausa Kingdoms) flourished pre-colonially and all were mostly earth-worship based (paganism is a whiteman's derogatory word).

Anyway, in Benin Republic/Togo/Haiti, they are not kidnapping their ministers' parents, not bombing themselves to pieces, not sodomising young boys under guise of religion and they have a better security profile. It seems this voodoo of a thing is serving them well.

9 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by kennyeast(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
Blind peepoo.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Red-Light:

can u shut up for 2minutes?....Jesus is lord because the white told u so abi?..if its the same white man that told Ogun is Lord u go still follow accept like donkey ... why cant u tell whiteman that Ogun is lord like the indians and chinese and let them accept it? black man ...zombie for life
Juju na juju ! Voodo na voodo ! Idol worshiping na idol worshiping !the pagan idol worshipping practice na a kind of SPIRITUAL WORSHIP with the highest level of ignorance !
Protect ur ancestral ways of doing things but not all of them are Godly WAYS OF DOING THINGS !
Even the white man get a devilish way of worship way God dey seriously frown at !
No be say black no good and na white come good !whether black or white ways of doing things wey contradict the bible na DEVILISH way of doing things ! Whether na white man introduce am or na black man,devilish things na devilish things.
You say i throw away my papa ways of doing things come accept oyinbo own ways,if my papa na rapist or armed robber,make i turn to a rapist or armed robber so that make una praise me say i no throw away the old ways of doing things by my papa and my old papa them !
Accept Jesus today and be saved for life !
God bless us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman To Get Married In 2020 / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Should We Start Taking TB Joshua Seriously?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.