Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:04 PM

PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} (37616 Views)

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest / How Hindu Gods Became Overlapped With Vodun Gods In West Africa / Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by temi35: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
we all know this is an act of worshiping satan. if u tell me it is ok to worship satan, good for u. all man with hi own cross

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Revolva(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
@pagan 9ja
Great one to educate many ignoramus here that we africans have a religion before the white man came ok God is God ok but we should appreciate our own kind of traditional religion other than islam or christianity that's is the problem of nigeria today

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Red-Light:

so are u saying those that worship jesus and mohammed are not backward? look at sudan, somalia, mali to the list, iraq, most togolese and benins are christians.. yet they are all backward..... u also forgot to add countries like japan, china, india etc that worship idol and yet they are not backward (that shows that no matter what u worship, if u are gonna be backward, u are gonna be backward and no god is going to safe anybody or country from being backward)..... if all africans embrace their gods without fear of discrimination. i think something good myt start happening in africa... the same way the west embraced their jesus and the arabs embraced their mohammed, east embraced their hindu ...let africans embraced their ogun, ifa, amadioha etc
All the ifas,amadioha,ogun,no body said they are the almighty God ! We are not saying that there are no gods after all,i am a christian and my bible tells me that i am a god ! But since you like to worship gods,if you come to worship me,i will stop u and chase you away so u dnt worship me. The Almighty God has always frown at the worship of all other small gods ! The almighty god is the only God that should be worshiped !
Talking about prosperity,who told you that the countries that worship other gods than the ALMIGHT GOD,THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH ARE TRUELY PROPEROUS ? My bible tells me that they are all naked, pitiable and impoverish ! What you think is prosperity isn't prosperity ! To u,it may look as if these pple and countries are prosperous but they swim in abject poverty ! If you dnt know Jesus or do not believe in HIM,you are the most miserable,ignorant and impoverished of all ! He (ANY INDIVIDUAL)who has Jesus is richer than China,US,Japan,Germany, SWITZERLAND,Qater and Saudi Arabia put together.
Do not be deceived,not all who claim they are christians are truly Christians !
Embracing the devilish,traditional idol worshipping of the BLACK MAN or the WHITE MAN will be lack a dog that just finished vomiting and at the same time,went back to it's vomit and start to eat it up again. God forbid me,my friends,relatives or even any of my enemy if i have one to be involved in such a thing.
For those of you who are already in it,pls come out fast for the KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Juju na juju ! Voodo na voodo ! Idol worshiping na idol worshiping !the pagan idol worshipping practice na a kind of SPIRITUAL WORSHIP with the highest level of ignorance !
so how are they ignorant? why would u think thousands of people are ignorant becos they dont believe what u believe huh? thats highest ignoramus from ur side

Protect ur ancestral ways of doing things but not all of them are Godly WAYS OF DOING THINGS !
lol so what is the godly way of doing things? bible way? (did u see them cutting human head or what? choi african man ... white man really did a good job brainwashing africans from generations to generations .. who even introduce God in heaven to africans before u can talk about Godly way huh?

Even the white man get a devilish way of worship way God dey seriously frown at !
lol tell me about this grin grin are u god second hands man or u see his countenance to know that he frown at things? am seriously interested

No be say black no good and na white come good !whether black or white ways of doing things wey contradict the bible na DEVILISH way of doing things ! Whether na white man introduce am or na black man,devilish things na devilish things.[quote]
hahahahaha there u go again. bible talk as if no be white people them invent the same bible that brainwashed africans..

[quote]
You say i throw away my papa ways of doing things come accept oyinbo own ways,if my papa na rapist or armed robber,make i turn to a rapist or armed robber so that make una praise me say i no throw away the old ways of doing things by my papa and my old papa them !
Accept Jesus today and be saved for life !
God bless us.
this is completely illogical.. if ur papa was an armed robber .. u dont need another man to tell u to kill ur papa and the good side of ur own papa to embrace his own papa becos his own papa doesnt have negative side...
and if u dont kill ur own papa and embrace his own papa then his own papa will throw u inside hell fire grin grin

so instead of u to question why his own papa was cruel that he throws anybody that doesnt accept him into fire that never stop burning (afterall ur own papa didnt force anybody to become armed robbers). ... u decide to succumb like a zombie to the fear of the unknown .. becos u no wan go hell. that nobody has being able to proof its existence grin grin grin

that africa man for u

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
crisycent: Let me ask one simple question.....if the white people didn't come to colonize us, would you have been a Christian today? It is a shame that we have dished our religion for a white mans religion.
THANK GOD THAT THE WHITE PEOPLE CAME TO COLONIZE US O ! God has a way of doing HIS THINGS !
Christ said said,'on the last days my sheep will all be reconciled back to me'' !
We are back to Christ and can't leave HIM for any man made god ! or any funny looking creature you guys put up here as ur gods. I dished my fathers religion for Christianity becos that religion of my fore fathers(IDOL WORSHIPING) is devilish practice ! My fore fathers may be ignorant but i can't be like them ! After all they told me that i have to be bigger than them !So how should i now stoop so low to their own level to start worshipping those stones,woods,men and other stuffs out there in the name of God !
Jesus died for there to be a termination of all these things ! Little surprise some Jewish and ignorant Christians still worship IDOLS !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by sizzlinghottie: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2012
Logicboy03: It is like Ayomivic has not been to churches with statues of his European god
obviously he hasn't, he is lost in his white european jesus that's on the cross. Unfortunate that we have lost our cultures and traditions and have adopted the white man's tradition, I don't see them doing the same. If you go to brazil this festival is still celebrated there as a result of the slaves that ended up there. Travel far and wide but don't forget ur heritage and traditions.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by salolo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
cheesy wink smiley angry sad grin lipsrsealed undecided grin
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
begwong: Why is this woman holding unto the islamic chasbi(rosary) and this man wearing a cross around his neck

it is very obvious. these are the ones that are spiritually dissatisfied. their parents must be xtians/muslim but at the end of the day, they wish to follow the true religion.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

All the ifas,amadioha,ogun,no body said they are the almighty God! We are not saying that there are no gods after all,
i am a christian and my bible tells me that i am a god ! But since you like to worship gods,if you come to worship me,i will stop u and chase you away so u dnt worship me.
you are still perambulating.... why would u think what millions of people is not the almighty? ur bible tells u that u are god and the same bible was invented by human and u still believe u are god ... choii

The Almighty God has always frown at the worship of all other small gods ! The almighty god is the only God that should be worshiped !
and who is the almighty god? the christian god? grin grin or jesus? opps allah worshipers also believe all christians are going to hell thats why they kill em everywhere they find them .. yet ur powerful almighty christian god was looking while the allah boiz bomb them into pieces huh?... what a real almighty grin grin... by the way how did u know he frown? i thought no one has seeing him yet embarassed

Talking about prosperity,who told you that the countries that worship other gods than the ALMIGHT GOD,THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH ARE TRUELY PROPEROUS ? My bible tells me that they are all naked, pitiable and impoverish! What you think is prosperity isn't prosperity ! To u,it may look as if these pple and countries are prosperous but they swim in abject poverty ! If you dnt know Jesus or do not believe in HIM,you are the most miserable,ignorant and impoverished of all ! He (ANY INDIVIDUAL)who has Jesus is richer than China,US,Japan,Germany, SWITZERLAND,Qater and Saudi Arabia put together.
hahahahahaha funniest of all... yet your pastors fly private jets all over the world, drive exotic cars, live in big mansion.. are they not the same people that teach u about the bible ...why didnt theyy embrace jesus wealth and die poor to enjoy heavenly riches prosperity shocked shocked

Do not be deceived,not all who claim they are christians are truly Christians !
there u go again... Christians judging each other.... what makes u think u are the real christian? because u dont sin, u dont lie, u never fornicate huh? phewww christians kwa

Embracing the devilish,traditional idol worshipping of the BLACK MAN or the WHITE MAN will be lack a dog that just finished vomiting and at the same time,went back to it's vomit and start to eat it up again. God forbid me,my friends,relatives or even any of my enemy if i have one to be involved in such a thing.
For those of you who are already in it,pls come out fast for the KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND !
God bless us
hehehehehehehehehe thats right cos bible told u so..... btw this ur kingdom of god can u please show me some pictures of it.. if its attractive and to my taste i will surely join ur campaign of heaven that is at hand grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
Let me hear any idio$t/ignorant Nigerian that would disavow this when it predates Christianity and Islam. Go back and inquire what our forebears worshiped. You think they were stup$id or didn't know any better? If this predates Christianity and Islam should have you thinking. Now does this reflect true way of communicating to God? I don't know and nobody knows. Same could be said of Christianity and Islam. NOBODY HAS A CORNER ON TRUTH EXCEPT GOD. UNTIL THEN, MANKIND WILL KEEP EXPERIMENTING.

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

THANK GOD THAT THE WHITE PEOPLE CAME TO COLONIZE US O ! God has a way of doing HIS THINGS !
Christ said said,'on the last days my sheep will all be reconciled back to me'' !
We are back to Christ and can't leave HIM for any man made god ! or any funny looking creature you guys put up here as ur gods. I dished my fathers religion for Christianity becos that religion of my fore fathers(IDOL WORSHIPING) is devilish practice ! My fore fathers may be ignorant but i can't be like them ! After all they told me that i have to be bigger than them !So how should i now stoop so low to their own level to start worshipping those stones,woods,men and other stuffs out there in the name of God !
Jesus died for there to be a termination of all these things ! Little surprise some Jewish and ignorant Christians still worship IDOLS !
God bless us

Very shameless comment. You need to study history deeply and rid yourself of these false teachings. Get out of my sight. I just loathe ignorant people who cannot reason. Have you care to ask yourself, who were the people that wrote the bible you quoting? Do you know that biblical writings were copied or stolen from ancient african literatures and proverbs? Go to Yoruba and Igbo lands and listen to their proverbs and inquire what they have in common with biblical writings of the books of Solomon and David (proverbs and psalms.)

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
Is this not the same religion of haiti? Look what happened to them. God is the way but if you continue to do wrong it will catch up to you. Smh
PeterKbaba: I HOPE YOU ALL KNOW THAT THIS PEOPLE ONLY SACRIFICE CHICKENS OR GOATS AND THIS REGION IS ONE OF THE MOST PEACEFUL REGION IN THE WORLD. WHAT ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES THAT ARE CHRISTIANS (EUROPE) OR MUSLIMS (ARABS) AND THEY ARE ADDICTED TO WAR, KILLING OVER 10 MILLIONS PEOPLE IN WARS ( WHICH ONE SOUNDS MORE LIKE SACRIFICE ) ABEG WAKE UP.......... WAS AFRICA NOT AT PEACE BEFORE RELIGION. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME THE RELIGION OF JESUS CHRIST, WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH. SIMPLE ( SPIRITUALIST )
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by aribisala0(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
rick.ross:
I do respect peoples opinion, but can you pagans and idol worshipers make your points without cursing black people.
[b]
Its on record most countries that worship idol/voddoo a[/b]re the most backward on earth, look at Haiti for example. Togo and Benin are good examples as well. In Togo and Benin 90% of their footballers do these things in the hope of getting good clubs overseas, but behind their back they know its wrong.

If the God these people are worshiping is true and good God why are they poorer than poor?

If you look closely, most people that do these things are either fake Christians or fake Muslims. Look at some of them with Muslim chaplets, what does that tell you? It is not that they do not know that there is only one true God (JEHOVAH) These mostly illiterate people worship juju to get quick fame/power.

I am Igbo, our fore fathers did similar things. My grand father died at the age of over 100 years. Before he died he confirmed that they used to perform similar sacrifices to the God of sun of thunder etc. My grandfather confirmed that even before the white men came to Nigeria with their religion, they already know that THERE IS ONE SUPREME GOD THAT CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.

What do the Japanese ,Koreans and Chinese Worship??[/b]
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by figgy: 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
scary shit!!!!!!!!!
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
Miss_3v3: Is this not the same religion of haiti? Look what happened to them. God is the way but if you continue to do wrong it will catch up to you. Smh

grin grin so God is that wicked that anybody that doesn't worship get to die a horrible death in earthquake, tsunami or hurricane and later throw them into hell fire? choiii God must be really wicked o grin grin grin

keep demonizing god

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
sizzlinghottie: obviously he hasn't, he is lost in his white european jesus that's on the cross. Unfortunate that we have lost our cultures and traditions and have adopted the white man's tradition, I don't see them doing the same. If you go to brazil this festival is still celebrated there as a result of the slaves that ended up there. Travel far and wide but don't forget ur heritage and traditions.
God pls help me,may i not remember any fetish/devilish tradition of my heritage !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by DidiLove1: 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
@OP

Can you please upload more pix. Not interested in all these my-religion-is-better-than-yours argument. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Red-Light:

grin grin so God is that wicked that anybody that doesn't worship get to die a horrible death in earthquake, tsunami or hurricane and later throw them into hell fire? choiii God must be really wicked o grin grin grin

keep demonizing god
The true word of God says;'Let no man says that God tempts him,for God tempt's no man'' God may allow a thing happen and that does not mean that HE cursed it ! But let me ask o,EVEN IF HE CURSED IT ? He created everything thing and knows everything.
HE is the UNQUESTIONABLE GOD !
God bless us

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by aribisala0(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
Quite often we accuse muslims of being fanatics but there are many within the Christian house. Do you see anyone coming to Christian threads to cause trouble .If you do not believe in this just move on and stop ranting about God. No one even knows that there is a God.

People believe what they like so just shut up and do your thing

4 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by blunderass01: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

No i dont remember any such articles of yours but i will see to it. you as the rest of your narrow kind, are highly mistaken. it is not the idol we worship, but what it represents. however, it so happens that when we concentrate our SPiritual Energies on an object for long. we tend to imbibe some SPirituality into it.

you can buy a doll from a store, for example, and compare it with an idol placed at a Pagan Shrine. The difference is clearly evident. you can feel the power emanating from the idol , that is absolutely non-existent in the toy plastic doll. you must experience this. you can deny but you cant escape.

now as before, let me explain Idolatory:

[size=32pt]there is NOTHING wrong with idol worship![/size]

It is not the wood or stone that we worship, but what it represents. The abrahamists r just intent upon spreading lies about us. Let it be known that there is no true devotion involved in worshipping 'thin air'. We humans are materialistic in nature. We need to touch, sense, smell or see something b4 we entertain any feelings towards it. Even the sly and crafty roman catholics, though involved in man worship (unlyk us Pagans who worship God(s)), still keep an idol of jesus in their place of worship, though they shamelessly deny idolatory outside, because they realised the signifance of idols and its role in worship.
AGikuyu Pagan traditionalists from Kenya on the other hand, though monotheists, worship 'God'/Ngai by worshipping him through his creations by worshiping nature and Mount Kilimanjaro. This is also a form of idolatory and it is good.
even the most fanatic of muslims sees an 'image' of God in their minds while praying. It is just in our nature and how it was meant to be..

now as for the woman pouring libation, this is an ancient ritual of showing piety and influencing the Siritual Force(s). It exists throughout the world.

even by you hypocrite xtians:

"And Jacob set up a Pillar in the place where he had spoken with him, a Pillar of Stone; and he poured out a drink offering on it, and poured oil on it". (Genesis 35:14)

so you can call your israeli jacob , satan if you like.

the Idol below that picture is The Legba. not satan. it is funny how ignorant you can be. Yorubas in Nigeria call it Ellegua and is associated with "opening the ways", or crossroads. Often depicted as a child or a small man, playful; a trickster and a strategist amongst the divinities.
Ellegua is a manifestation of Eshu. Eshu is assocaited with the balancing of the forces (Similar to the Ying Yang).

what the bible says hardly matters. let me remind you that it was the bible that said we are descended from 2 sinners, adam & eve, it was the bible that said the Earth is flat and the SUn revolves around the Earth, it was the bible that said that the Earth was created in 6 days and that dnosaurs dont exist (since humans were created first), it wa the bible that said the humans are create in Gods image, it is the bible that supported slavery, it is the bible that advocates killing of non-believers, etc. .

so such a useless jewish book cannot be taken seriously in Nigeria and in the world at large. it must be destroyed.

You are so sthupid for saying that. Tell me how the bible supported slavery and tell me how it supported the killings of unbelievers. Hidiot! The bible is not that twisted. It is crystal clear and am astonished at the rate with which you translated it to something else.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by timpaker(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
If all these pastors and their followers could just travel down to those areas i believe Christianity would be fair.
But here they are milking people off their valuables to buy private jets which they claim they use for evangelism.... who else need evangelism more than these people?

are they scared of these people?
or
are they just ignorant about this whole Paganism stuff?

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Bond008(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
repent JESUS is coming soon. dont be decieved. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD. JOHN 14vs6.. REPENTT OOOO!!!!
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The true word of God says;'Let no man says that God tempts him,for God tempt's no man'' God may allow a thing happen and that does not mean that HE cursed it ! But let me ask o,EVEN IF HE CURSED IT ? He created everything thing and knows everything.
HE is the UNQUESTIONABLE GOD !
God bless us
so who do u want me to believe now.... u or the girl that said god cursed haiti with earthquake ..and why cant u question what u worship? so if christian god in his infinite mercy decide to kill ur mother, father and all the people u love most to show u he his tha boss.. u wont ask why? u will just decide to continue to worship him.. (hmmmmm nice slavery in pretence)

well for me i will rather die a rebel against such god that kill and throw their soul in hellfire to proof a point and embrace the one that offer me peace and whatever i want
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Boboedom: 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
JESUS IS LORD. I COVER MY EYES AND BODY WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS, THE ONLY BLOOD THAT SAVES. LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR CHILDREN.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Bond008(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
but ye are a chosen generation a royal priest hood an holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should show forth the praises of HIM(JESUS) who has called you out of darkness into HIS marvellous LIGHT. 1peter 2vs9
GOD used the white men to bring us out of darkness(our so called heritage) into eternal life in JESUS. peace. Hold on!! dont be decieved.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Costa2000(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
JESUS IS LORD.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
Knowledge9000:

Very shameless comment. You need to study history deeply and rid yourself of these false teachings. Get out of my sight. I just loathe ignorant people who cannot reason. Have you care to ask yourself, who were the people that wrote the bible you quoting? Do you know that biblical writings were copied or stolen from ancient african literatures and proverbs? Go to Yoruba and Igbo lands and listen to their proverbs and inquire what they have in common with biblical writings of the books of Solomon and David (proverbs and psalms.)
I should study history and start to worship the devil right !
Becos history says that the devil created the heavens and the earth right !
History said i should put up carved images from wood or stone and start to the blood of animals on them right !
History said that since the bible i.e the book of proverbs written by solomon has some yorubas and igbo proverbs embedded in it,i should see it that solomon and David could either be yorubas or igbos or they are of the yorubaigbo origin ! Oh !na wao !
You said they borrowed just the proverbs ! From ur write up above,what i can deduce is that the bible was written by either the yorubas or the igbos or proverbs were borrowed or stolen from the igbos and yoruba's ! Since it is this way,pls let us follow this bible or proverbs(Igbo & yoruba) that says we should not worship other gods or make any thing of any likeness as a medium of worship, whether in heaven,beneath the earth or on earth !
If ignorance is knowing and believing The Almighty God,who sent forth HIS only begotten son to come die for YOU and I and that whosoever that believes in HIM shall not perish but have everlasting life ! Then let me continue in this state of ignorance as opined by you forever and ever aman
The word of the Almighty God can not be broken. All scriptures were written by men BUT inspired by God ! If you believe fine but if you dnt,it's a free world.
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by mko2005: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Bond008: but ye are a chosen generation a royal priest hood an holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should show forth the praises of HIM(JESUS) who has called you out of darkness into HIS marvellous LIGHT. 1peter 2vs9
GOD used the white men to bring us out of darkness(our so called heritage) into eternal life in JESUS. peace. Hold on!! dont be decieved.
God will bless u real good !
God bless us
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by princeonx: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
blunderass01:

You are so sthupid for saying that. Tell me how the bible supported slavery and tell me how it supported the killings of unbelievers. Hidiot! The bible is not that twisted. It is crystal clear and am astonished at the rate with which you translated it to something else.

Why did it take you so long to say the above?
I can careless what anyone worship or believe in but when they attack other religion or believes like mine then that's when I have problem with them.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by tEsLim(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Its great to see few people that still appreciate the African culture. I'm Atheist myself and believe in freedom of knowledge and religion. I would like to believe the people that haven't moved forward are those that are still stocked and sucked into crazy ideas of religion superiority; - which can be compared to race superiority in my opinion. No human is greater than another, just differences in level of intelligence which any human who puts his/her mind at learning will achieve unless/maybe born with mental defect or just indifferent about learning. Because we weren't born with pre-knowledge of the things yet to come or our later experiences in life. And I would like to believe no religion is greater either.

The more peaceful a religion is the better it is or I may tend to like it. Islam and Christianity by history have been instruments of mass murder from generations to generations. Their gods tell them funny things. The christian god put hates between Palestinians and Israelites. And being African I wouldn't want to worship a racist Christian god. And the Islamic god put hate against anyone who is not Muslim. This are ridiculous ideas in modern times.

I have lived in Brazil for mother an a year now and I see how the Yoruba culture/gods/religion is being appreciated. For your information Brazil isn't been a 3rd world country for a long time now. Even when they called it 3rd world you can't compare the precolonial Brazil to the recent Nigeria. I'm talking about the 6th richest country in the world.

I do not believe in gods but neither do I totally disapprove of the idea of superpowers. Because it may seems that at the moment there is no practical real-time proof of gods or their works but maybe in nearest future. But then I wouldn't totally say they don't exist.

Please do not quote my message if 1. You believe your pastor is god or the mouth piece of god. 2. If you can't hold logical & intelligent conversation 3. If the only thing you know about your god is from reading popular scripts like Qur'an and The christian testaments.

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by RedLight1: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
tEsLim: Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Its great to see few people that still appreciate the African culture. I'm Atheist myself and believe in freedom of knowledge and religion. I would like to believe the people that haven't moved forward are those that are still stock and sucked into crazy ideas of religion superiority. Which can be compared to race superiority in my opinion. No human is greater than another just the level of intelligence which any human who puts his/her mind at learning will achieve unless/maybe born with mental defect or just indifferent about learning. And I would like to believe no religion is greater either. But the more peaceful a religion is the better it is or I may tend to like it. Islam and Christianity by history have been instruments of mass murder from generation to generations. Their gods tell them funny things. The christian god put hates between Palestinians and Israelite. And being African I wouldn't want to worship a racist Christian god. And the Islamic god put hate against anyone who is not Muslim. This are ridiculous ideas in modern times.

I have lived in Brazil for mother an a year now and I see how the Yoruba culture/gods/religion is being appreciated. For your information Brazil isn't a 3rd world country anymore. I'm talking about the 6th richest country in the world.

I do not believe in gods but neither do I totally disapprove of the idea of superpowers. Because it may seems that at the moment there is no practical real-time proof of gods or their works but maybe in nearest future. But then I wouldn't totally say they don't exist.
nice one there
but u are not really an atheist ...u are an agnostic
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
okeyxyz: Very nice pictures. Loving it.
These guys are still maintaining their ancestral traditions.

Brilliant !!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Muslim, Sulaimon Faruq Prays For Pastor Adeboye (Video) / Pastor Anita Ebodaghe: "Soul Winning" (Talking About False Prophets) / Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.