Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} (37761 Views)

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest / How Hindu Gods Became Overlapped With Vodun Gods In West Africa / Bini Or Esan Traditional Religon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by TerryCarr(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Yes they worshipped the gods of the people who used to live in the land of Canaan, the people God told them to overthrow. God was angry because of this idolatry. The ghanaians and the yorubas are the same people. But to the untrained ear, their languages have no connection. A linguist will tell you there is a link. My point is, over 2000 years, much would have happened to alter dialects etc. I am not an expert in that area. BUT the book I mention "the Call to the Hebrews" goes into detail about these things. I urge you brother, to consider reading it. If you decide it is all nonsense, that is fine, but I think it brings great insights.

The ones before Jesus fled from the King of Babylon, Nebuchadnesser led one of the greatest empires, he was feared.
The Judeans AFTER Jesus fled in 70ad when the Romans came and destroyed the temple and killed many of the Hebrew people. Many of those found themselves in Egypt, among other places.

One of the references in the book talks about an encounter between a white explorer from europe, and Mohammed Bello.Mohammed Bello told the european man that the yoruba were thought to descend from the land of Canaan, and they migrated to this land, setting up towns everywhere they stopped along the way. So many other countries in Africa will have Hebrews e.g. the Lemba in Zimbabwe. 2000 years is a LONG time to get around.

Shalom smiley
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by JesusisLord85: 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
TerryCarr:

My friend, read the bible. It is known the Babylon attacked Egypt later. The Book I mention 'The Call to the Hebrews' also has secular sources to support this. So happy reading.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by alanmwene: 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Friend, are you aware you are just exposing your ignorance?
Better to remain silent wheand let others think you are foolish, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt
The oppression was punishment for their idolatry. But he told them not to enter Egypt, and not to fear Babylon, that he would protect them. They disobeyed, to their peril.
God himself will gather his people. There are many people who are descendants of Jacob, that don't know it. So God will do the gathering.

Shalom
I am pretty sure you are the ignorant one here!So when are you going back to the promised land?How are you enjoying your stay among the savages?Do you know that you are illegaly occupying a land that belong to Africans?Israel is just waiting for you with open arms! grin
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by JesusisLord85: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2013
alanmwene:
I am pretty sure you are the ignorant one here!So when are you going back to the promised land?How are you enjoying your stay among the savages?Do you know that you are illegaly occupying a land that belong to Africans?Israel is just waiting for you with open arms! grin

I am telling you bible. You are showing me a wikipedia picture.
It is ok, God will gather his people in the end. Besides, I live in the UK.
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by TerryCarr(m): 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2013
the bible did not exist to most of Africa until the euros came

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by JesusisLord85: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
TerryCarr: the bible did not exist to most of Africa until the euros came

Your point being?
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
TerryCarr:
a lot of non Islamic/Christian religions in the world are like that so it is not unique but any way shinto still has a lot of differences. Shinto is based on belief in, and worship of, Kami

Amaterasu seems to be the greatest of the kami

i will post more later

yes ofcourse because they are all Pagan religions.

Kami are like trixsters. Like Esu.

they are similar to Hindu and in Greek Gods like Indra ,etc.

THey are good sometimes and bad at other times. this is to maintain a balance.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by TerryCarr(m): 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Your point being?
most christian sects in the world are European based.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by JesusisLord85: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
TerryCarr: most christian sects in the world are European based.

Surely you are aware of how the Romans hijacked the religion for their selfish purposes?
That is why there is so much heresy, even in the church today
Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by alanmwene: 2:25am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Surely you are aware of how the Romans hijacked the religion for their selfish purposes?
That is why there is so much heresy, even in the church today
Without romans,christianity wouldn't be what it is today.The romans invented Christianity!Jesus was a hardcore jew who had nothing to do with Christianity!

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: VODUN RELIGON - Benin & Togo {west Africa} by JesusisLord85: 8:34am On Jun 18, 2013
alanmwene:
Without romans,christianity wouldn't be what it is today.The romans invented Christianity!Jesus was a hardcore jew who had nothing to do with Christianity!

I agree with you there. 'Christians' have done away with the law. Not christians of the 1st century, but later when the catholics hiajcked the movement. Jesus taught the law, and the prophets said the Messiah would teach them the law and write it in their hearts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fufeyin: I Saw The Death Of Abba Kyari, Prayed About It But It's The Will Of God / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / 14 Reasons Why I Love Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.