Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42167 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by superbloke(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2012
slimes: The lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have brought me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing

Come out of the things unsaid
Shoot an apple off my head and a
Trouble that can't be named
A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singing

You are, you are...
wink
Clocks! Those lyrics are amazing. You just can't help but sing along.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by anicho(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2012
Damn....OWLCITY is da best. Dis dude knows rock d best way...his 2012 album 'ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL' is a blast. Try listening to d tracks 'peppermint winter' & 'honey & the bee' u'l love it.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by superbloke(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2012
Coldplay
Shinedown
Matchbox 20
Staind
Counting crows
Casting crowns
Crossfade
Switchfoot
Avril Lavigne
Daughtry
Creed
Lifehouse...etc, etc. Can't name them all.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Rocktation(f): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Hmmn...a lot of commercial rock songs and artistes listings going on here. undecided
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Fourcade(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2012
pDude: Nope. No beef with Paul Mc Coy of 12 stones except for the fact that they so diverted from the Hard rock style they played on the albums Potter's Field and Anthems for the Underdog, and started sounding like an Indie rock band. So I dumped them like a bad habit grin

Nobody has mentioned Stone Temple Pilots. If you love Creed and Pearl Jam, then you will love that band.

I saw you mentioned Trapt cheesy, you are indeed a true rocker. You have gone beneath the surface to the inner side of rock. Just like me. wink

Didnt go beyond their first album..just 12 stones.took an interest in them cuz you mentioned it in your Adamawa thread.

Rocktation: Hmmn...a lot of commercial rock songs and artistes listings going on here. undecided

Make sure you have all the albums at your station.

How could i forget The Afters and Seether.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2012
Rocktation: Hmmn...a lot of commercial rock songs and artistes listings going on here. undecided
your username sounds like u a fan.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2012
your username sounds like u a fan. . .
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by solomonkane(m): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Have been a rockaholic for God knows how many years, my top 10 rockers are:

My undisputed number one rock peeps for life are Linkin Park (including Mike Shinoda's side gig; Fort Minor) = Living Things for me is the album of the year 2012 with songs like Powerless (theme song for the Movie 'Abraham Lincoln; Vampire Hunter), Castle of Glass, Burn It Down, Tinfoil, e.t.c.
2. Nickelback
3. Owl City: Fire Flies is a classic for the ages
4. Maroon 5: Too many great tracks to count
5. U2: Awakened my love for rock music
6. Coldplay
7. Greenday
8. The Script: #3 is a damn cool album
9. Creed
10. Coldplay

Honourable mention to people like Phil Collins, Toto, Hoobastank, Three Doors Down and to a lesser extent Nigerians who have done good rock like Jeremiah Gyang in "Kaunah Allah", Neo for "Nepa Bring The Light" and the Roof Top Mcs for "Shock Therapy" and others like "Lagimo"
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Rocktation(f): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Okies, fourcade...whatever. smiley. I contributed on the first page, daylae. Most of the songs being listed here are pretty commercial stuff. Pardon me, buh the majority here aren't real rockheads. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Rocktation(f): 11:34am On Dec 28, 2012
...and this, is soo sooo true.

no such thing as favorite band if you are a rock fan

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by osygroup: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2012
From the old skool: The Temptations, The Righteous Brothers, The Beatles, The Everly Brothers etc.
In the 70s & 80s: Abba (one of the greatest), Meatloaf, Smokie, The Eagles, Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, The Police, Bonnie Tyler,Blondie, The Commodores, Duran Duran, Queen (of course!), Enya (she too much jor) etc.
90s: Aerosmith, Creed, Goo Goo Dolls, Eagle Eye Cherry, Take That, Matchbox 20, Audio Slave, The Cranberries, U2, Savage Garden, Red Hot Chillipeppers, Limb Bizkit etc. I know i forgot many.
2000 till present: We've seen them here. But these are my selected best: Coldplay (my all-time best, and 'Clocks' my best track), Linkin Park, Train, Switch Foot, Keane, Avril Lavinge, Snow Patrol, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, The Script, The Fray, Daughtry, Vanessa Carlton, Damien Rice, All American Rejects, Bowling for Soup, Secondhand Serenade, Five For Fighting...the list is endless
And please don't forgot the Christitian rock songs. Are there Muslim rock songs?
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by DICKtator: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2012
rayne, three doors down, boys like girls,sum 41, blink 182, good charlotte, bullet for my valentine, nickel back, hoobastank,coldplay,maroon 5,daughtry,...................i mean the list is endless
grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by solomonkane(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Rocktation: Okies, fourcade...whatever. smiley. I contributed on the first page, daylae. Most of the songs being listed here are pretty commercial stuff. Pardon me, buh the majority here aren't real rockheads. undecided

This is the reason why I have issues with people who claim to be purists. You classify people's preferences as 'commercial" or "not real" just because you have taken it upon yourself to listen to obscure artists who claim to be pure rockers and thumb their noses at the successful ones but in reality are nothing more than deadbeat, going-nowhere artistes. Same way [b]Jay-Z [/b]was initially classified as being a non-rapper. I would rather listen to commercial rockers like Linkin Park than listen to garbage like Arcade Fire or Belle or Papa Roach.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by bolulicious(m): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Breaking benjamin, daughtry nd nickelback.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by bokohalal(m): 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
If you never played The Police, or, listened to Bad Company,I no know o.
Green Day,Maroon 5. Alright.
Classics: Inxs,Led Zepellin,Black Sabbath,Bon Jovi. So long as it rocks and it is jazzy count me in.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
Falloutboy
Nickelback
Linkin park
The fray
Cold play
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by bigtij(m): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
olathunde: Coldplay is a cool band
Then Keane and the script.
lovely guys

For mentioning Keane your neck and leg is there, Have you heard their new album? Dropped this year Strangeland is the name as in it is mad like fire.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by reeze: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nickelback anyday, RED,3 doors down
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Ellylace(f): 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
inspbado: Guys please go and listen to the following rock songs;and ur lives will never remain the same again!!smiley
*Snow patrol- called out in the dark.
*Snow patrol- just say yes .
*Snow patrol- run.
*Death cab for cutie- grapevine fires.
*Neon trees-animal.
*Snow patrol- you could be happy(theme song for d British comedy, Gavin and Stacy).
*Ben Howard- call me maybe(cover version of Carly rae jepsen's song;his version sounds way better than hers IMO).
*Ben Howard- move like u want.
*Ben Howard- wolves.
*Rachel. k. Collier- hard road to travel.
*James Vincent Mc morrow- higher love.
*Ed sheeren- drunk.
*Ed sheeren- small bump.
*Ben Howard- only love.
*Joshua radin- friend like you.
*Joshua radin- vegetable car.
*Snow patrol- signal fire.
*Jack Johnson- wrong turn.

Still got more, if u want.
PS: for easy download of the songs I've put up,go to tubidy.mobi. Enjoy and thank me later wink

sweets dats wots up! U shud add snow patrol- somwhere a clock is ticking and Imagine dragons-radioactive to the list wink
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Ellylace(f): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
osygroup: From the old skool: The Temptations, The Righteous Brothers, The Beatles, The Everly Brothers etc.
In the 70s & 80s: Abba (one of the greatest), Meatloaf, Smokie, The Eagles, Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, The Police, Bonnie Tyler,Blondie, The Commodores, Duran Duran, Queen (of course!), Enya (she too much jor) etc.
90s: Aerosmith, Creed, Goo Goo Dolls, Eagle Eye Cherry, Take That, Matchbox 20, Audio Slave, The Cranberries, U2, Savage Garden, Red Hot Chillipeppers, Limb Bizkit etc. I know i forgot many.
2000 till present: We've seen them here. But these are my selected best: Coldplay (my all-time best, and 'Clocks' my best track), Linkin Park, Train, Switch Foot, Keane, Avril Lavinge, Snow Patrol, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, The Script, The Fray, Daughtry, Vanessa Carlton, Damien Rice, All American Rejects, Bowling for Soup, Secondhand Serenade, Five For Fighting...the list is endless
And please don't forgot the Christitian rock songs. Are there Muslim rock songs?
wooww! Hun,u knw ur rock wella!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MOBBDEEP: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
pDude: I prefer Hard rock and Grunge rock.

I love Alter Bridge, Creed, Breaking Benjamin: they are all Hard Rock.

Puddle of Mudd is my best rock group cos they sound a bit like Nirvana.

And did I mention that I also play the guitar, rock style wink

I guess you know that Alter-Bridge is same as Creed minus their Lead-Singer/Vocalist i.e Scott Stapp
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MOBBDEEP: 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rocktation: I breathe it! cool
I've No favorite band, buh I have a favorite sub-genre- Heavy Metal. I do System of a Down, Metallica, Chivelle, Paying On Debt, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath...and on like dat... smiley

Chevelle
I adore females who rock.
You ain't even a soft-rocker but a heavy one!
Kudos.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by daylae(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
osygroup: From the old skool: The Temptations, The Righteous Brothers, The Beatles, The Everly Brothers etc.
am just in luv with all from the 90s till date. . .but i dont think enya sings rock tho.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
apocalypse: How can I forget to mention

A-ha
Duran Duran
Aerosmith

I LOVE a-Ha! "Take on me" is like my personal anthem!
I also love Fall out boy, Nickleback, joe Cocker, Creed, coldplay, linkin Park, the Fray, Red hot chilli peppers, Staind, the Calling, Nirvana (loved Kurt cobain!!) and Good Charlotte
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

I guess you know that Alter-Bridge is same as Creed minus their Lead-Singer/Vocalist i.e Scott Stapp

pDude: Hey you guys that love Creed I have a message for you:

Do you know that after Creed broke up and the lead singer left, the remaining band members formed a new band called Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge rocks like hell.

Check their songs out on youtube.

Also check out the new band formed by Korn's former guitarist. The name of the band is Brian 'head' Welch. Check out the song called Paralyzed.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nobody has mentioned the group: Course of Nature.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by gsalvatore: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2012

HOW CAN YOU NOT MENTION
' KORN
'
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by gsalvatore: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
nightwish, joan lett, coldplay, avenged sevefolds, puddle of mudd,korn(one of my best band),kasabian,linkin park,evanescense, 30seconds to mars,pantera, 3doors down,the yardbirds.......infact they are many. rock music rocks.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by gsalvatore: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
slimes: The lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have brought me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing

Come out of the things unsaid
Shoot an apple off my head and a
Trouble that can't be named
A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singing

You are, you are...
wink

clock is good.....i think Charlie Brown is boom!!
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by gsalvatore: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hunkyimage: I 4king luv rock! waz kinda surprized wen i noticed dat d o.p iz an eff... Az 4 me,ma favouritez are :- NICKELBACK(figure u out),METALLICA(indestructible) n' LINKIN PARK(crawlin')
for mentioning METALLICA na em b say ur head dey there....have u heard 'Unforgiven' by Metallica
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by gsalvatore: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
18wheeler: I'm down with all kinds of rock. Fav band is u2. But i like dem all: nivarna, puddle of mud, nickelback, bon jovi, evanessence, oasis, hinder, hoobastank, ozzy osbourne, marilyn monsoon, incubus, papa roach, avril lavigne, saliva, Coldplay, green day, POD

no mention of KORN,DISTURBED,Metallica?>>>this bands dont rock they kill.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Rocktation(f): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Chevelle
I adore females who rock.
You ain't even a soft-rocker but a heavy one!
Kudos.

Oh thanks!
Cool moniker by the way. I did like their Survival of the fittest. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Glitter – Best Of Seyi Vibez • Mp3 / List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.