Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? (42193 Views)

NEW MUSIC: "What A Bang Bang" -omawumi Ft 2face / Rock Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
gsalvatore:

HOW CAN YOU NOT MENTION
' KORN
'

pDude: Hey you guys that love Creed I have a message for you:

Do you know that after Creed broke up and the lead singer left, the remaining band members formed a new band called Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge rocks like hell.

Check their songs out on youtube.

Also check out the new band formed by Korn's former guitarist. The name of the band is Brian 'head' Welch. Check out the song called Paralyzed.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by rubi96(f): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2012
coldplay ( every tear is a waterfall, and fix you are my most constant played), owl city, 30 seconds to mars, the script, casting crown and jason something....will check my fone nd put d other name.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by afuye(m): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Actually all rock songs are bangers to me... they come with unique beats and not mostly eletronic or digitl sound. i think my top 10 rockstar & bank are

1. Coldplay
2. Maroon 5
3. The black keys
4. Three Days Grace
5. Three Doors Down
6. LinkinPark
4. seether
5. Foo Figthers
6. King of leons
7. Train
7. NickleBack
8. Red Hot Chilli Pepper
9. Evanecence
10.One republic

Don mind my arrangement of numbers cos I am confused. Like I said they are all fantastic.. I HOPE ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL APPRECIATE THIS GENRE OF MUSIC WHICH IS OLD BUT STILL THE BEST COS YOU NEVER GET TIRED OF IT

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
martyns303: Creed, album "weathered"
Creed and cranberry are good! My favorite is Bat For Lashes - All Your Gold
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by FOREXMART(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
afuye: Actually all rock songs are bangers to me... they come with unique beats and not mostly eletronic or digitl sound. i think my top 10 rockstar & bank are

1. Coldplay
2. Maroon 5
3. The black keys
4. Three Days Grace
5. Three Doors Down
6. LinkinPark
4. seether
5. Foo Figthers
6. King of leons
7. Train
7. NickleBack
8. Red Hot Chilli Pepper
9. Evanecence
10.One republic

Don mind my arrangement of numbers cos I am confused. Like I said they are all fantastic.. I HOPE ONE DAY NIGERIANS WILL APPRECIATE THIS GENRE OF MUSIC WHICH IS OLD BUT STILL THE BEST COS YOU NEVER GET TIRED OF IT

But you no try oh. You get mind list these ten? Well i can tell ur more of a new school listener.

lol here is my list.
1: Metallica
2: Metallica
3: Nirvana
4: Ac/dc
5: The Police
6: Rod Stewart
7: Jimmy Hendrix
8: Static X
9: Meshugga
10 Breaking Benjamin/Green Day.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by 18wheeler: 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
gsalvatore:

no mention of KORN,DISTURBED,Metallica?>>>this bands dont rock they kill.
Would have taken me the whole day to list the rock bands I know. I just did the ones that came to my mind then. I love them all. Thanx
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by FOREXMART(m): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
I hope its real grunge they do oh. Can't watch it now.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
FOREXMART: I hope its real grunge they do oh. Can't watch it now.

If it ain't grunge, then I wouldn't have told you guys to watch it. wink
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by FOREXMART(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
18wheeler:
Would have taken me the whole day to list the rock bands I know. I just did the ones that came to my mind then. I love them all. Thanx

Why do you think Metallica comes first and second in my list lol. Used to have all their albums from their debut to death magnetic. Tho my favorites are Load and death magnetic albums.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
Blur
Korn
Three days Grace
Jonas Brothers
Aerosmith
The All-American Rejects
Green Day
Band of Horses
Radio head
Maps
My other favorite bands are: Gorillaz, Little Dragon, The Verve and U2 . I only like Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, some of their other songs are a bit nasty. I mean, 'MV'?

It's nice to know that some Nigerians actually listen to Rock music, not just mainstream songs and hip-hop.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
FOREXMART:

Why do you think Metallica comes first and second in my list lol. Used to have all their albums from their debut to death magnetic. Tho my favorites are Load and death magnetic albums.

This is my best smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
If you love Metallica, Evanessence,RED, you would also love these guys: Egypt Central

Nobody here has mentioned them. They sing mainly for WWE wrestling and WWE movies. Just listen to the below songs. If you don't like them, then I will pay you 100 dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJP8-Re3B_8 Just listen to the bass guitar. Oh boy!!! You will definitely headbang to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWhqsllKt5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAWpBGblwdQ&list=PL34DD235123D22373

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVVSYLzLBGI&list=PL34DD235123D22373

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5gbVSOnGjY&list=PL34DD235123D22373

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0i1P3RqdlM&list=PL34DD235123D22373

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4yL2MLFSIY&list=PL34DD235123D22373

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
If you like Creed, Three DOORS down, Kutless, Saving Abel, Seether, then you will love these guys: Course of Nature

I will pay you another 100 dollars if you dont like their songs wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbbEV7w4acA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V859SGqz8vY&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DYdcwv2ystMZwJtN-ZAPak After I played this song on my guitar for my wife, she had tears in her eyes wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCpnYuVDs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGeHYt_8Npc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ERWM3wZUI&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DYdcwv2ystMZwJtN-ZAPak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3fgb8f2fE&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DYdcwv2ystMZwJtN-ZAPak
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by sneedpahpaz(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
A pity nobody mentioned Unsun,Lacuna Coil,Red,30 seconds from Mars,Simple Plan.........
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
sneedpahpaz: A pity nobody mentioned Unsun,Lacuna Coil,Red,30 seconds from Mars,Simple Plan.........

Oh I love RED,I have their album called End of Silence. Used to love Simple Plan back in the days but they sound kinda babyish to me now. Im into harder stuff now cheesy
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by yommy2sure(m): 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Barlow girl
Brit nicole
Eben
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MOBBDEEP: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
trent9002: Nirvana. I miss Cobain

Read he attempted & completed suicide!
Have not heard none of their hit songs.
The group is one of the standards used as yardsticks in determining the place of new artists or rate known ones.
They must be that good.
He was said to be specifically highly talented.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MOBBDEEP: 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
TouchDown: Surprised no one has mentioned THE KILLERS! That's my favourite rock band. Then I find soft rock coming from THE FRAY, ONE REPUBLIC and MAROON 5 cool too. I once gambled on a MARILYN MANSON cd and it wasn't half bad at all. I'm quite limited when it comes to Rock because I'm more of a hip-hop person.

Thanks my brother.
Currently, they ( The Killers - King of the Indie Rocks ) are my best.
The day I respected them was the day the guest presenter/anchorman on an MTV Talk-Show featured Greenday & asked them who they respect most & they replied 'The Killers'. Their best track was "Bones" by "The Killers".
No artist has been able to use electronic-guitars like those guys.
What "Linkin Park" used electronic-guitar do for "What I've done" & "New Divide" from the "OST The Transformers" is just a tip of the iceberg compared to these guys.
You just need to listen to :
* "Smile like you mean it"
* "Jenny was a friend of mine"
* "On top"

Other great groups no-one mentioned was
*Blue-October
*Good Charlotte
*Simple Plan (You need to listen to their "Addicted"wink
*12 Stones
*Staind

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by paulavon: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
I am a huge rock fan,i wonder why no one mentioned Stained, Staind is one of the best rock bands.i love 3 of their albums i.e Break the cycle,14 shades of grey and chapter V.
i also love Evenessence,amy lee is great.Linkin park is a one of my favorite also,last but not the least is Nickel back
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by drizzit(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2012
A few of some my favorites.... Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Deftones, Kasabian, Sigur Ros, Machine Head, Just A Band, LYT, The Roots + Opeth.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MOBBDEEP: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
daylae: I believe music is rock n rock is music. I dont joke with these gospel rock bands: third day,jars of clay,switchfoot,tenth avenue north,fray etc.

Also luv hoobastank,3 doors down,nickelback,and blink182.

The tone & timbre of the Third Day's lead-singer (Mac Powell) is something else.
Aaaah!, na die.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by vandarsar(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Back, prime circle and Garvin Degraw.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by MOBBDEEP: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Rocktation:

Oh thanks!
Cool moniker by the way. I did like their Survival of the fittest. wink

Oh!, thanks too.
Actually, I listen to all genres & I think I'm an audiophile.
The duo happen to hold sway "Naughty by Nature" & "The Wutang Clan" as my best rappers in terms of fluidity, flows & rhymes.
"Survival of the fittest" was not even their best!
You need to sample their
"Hell on earth",
"Deadly Zone (from the OST Blade Trilogy Ft. Bounty Killers)" &
"I'm going out (Ft. Lil' Cease)".

I won't like to derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by qwuest(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
Love: the wallflowers,young the giant, vertical horizon,travis, stereophonics,smashing pumpkins, scott stapp (his solo works),placebo, anberlin,garbage, jane's addiction, lawson, audioslave, red hot chilli pepper, the calling, dave mathews band, the editors, puddle of mud, thriving ivory, our lady peace, robbie seay band, marcy playground,train, marjory fair, toad, tonic, white lies, three days grace, theory of a deadman, sum 41, smash mouth, fuel, sister hazel, silversun pickups, sick puppies, silverchair, semisonic, safety suit, brandon flowers, audio adrenaline , etc. Also love most of the acts already mentioned in this thread.

Recently discovered post rock via watching the tv series friday night light. The acts include: explosions in the sky, God is an astronaut, the album leaf, maybeshewill, mogwai, caspian, etc. Some of you guys ought to give 'em a listen and share what you think of their works.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 29, 2012
qwuest: Love: the wallflowers,young the giant, vertical horizon,travis, stereophonics,smashing pumpkins, scott stapp (his solo works),placebo, anberlin,garbage, jane's addiction, lawson, audioslave, red hot chilli pepper, the calling, dave mathews band, the editors, puddle of mud, thriving ivory, our lady peace, robbie seay band, marcy playground,train, marjory fair, toad, tonic, white lies, three days grace, theory of a deadman, sum 41, smash mouth, fuel, sister hazel, silversun pickups, sick puppies, silverchair, semisonic, safety suit, brandon flowers, audio adrenaline , etc. Also love most of the acts already mentioned in this thread.

Recently discovered post rock via watching the tv series friday night light. The acts include: explosions in the sky, God is an astronaut, the album leaf, maybeshewill, mogwai, caspian, etc. Some of you guys ought to give 'em a listen and share what you think of their works.

Thank you jare. You sabi rock wella grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbHfgXJKn1Y
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by kallysky(f): 12:55am On Dec 29, 2012
"FINALLY REVEALED! Discover How To Make N250,000 Monthly on The Internet Guaranteed"
This special Report reveals all - You cannot afford to miss this...
Here is your chance to discover the following online money making secrets and more... The most important thing you should do if you want to make money online

CLICK THE LINK BELOW NOW:

insight.netai.net/250k/
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by seanbenito: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2012
I so much love rock music, much more than any other genre. Sad nigerians are not into that type of music. Favourite is alternative rock but I love all types of rock. Can't start mentioning ma favourite artists cos dem too plenty. I'm listening to Frozen by Within Temptation now sha, one of ma favourite songs.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2012
God bless the moderator who put this on the front page. You have blessed a generation. Before this year ends, you'll have that Ferari in your garage.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by mrmofasa(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2012
My favorites: Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Avril Lavigne (my first love), Casting Crowns, Coldplay, Daughtry, Jeremy Camp, MercyMe, Mumford and Sons, Oasis

Ah. . .and this awesome Nigerian dude, Et Cetera.
Re: Do You Like Rock Music? What's Your Favourite Band? by FOREXMART(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

Thanks my brother.
Currently, they ( The Killers - King of the Indie Rocks ) are my best.
The day I respected them was the day the guest presenter/anchorman on an MTV Talk-Show featured Greenday & asked them who they respect most & they replied 'The Killers'. Their best track was "Bones" by "The Killers".
No artist has been able to use electronic-guitars like those guys.
What "Linkin Park" used electronic-guitar do for "What I've done" & "New Divide" from the "OST The Transformers" is just a tip of the iceberg compared to these guys.
You just need to listen to :
* "Smile like you mean it"
* "Jenny was a friend of mine"
* "On top"

Other great groups no-one mentioned was
*Blue-October
*Good Charlotte
*Simple Plan (You need to listen to their "Addicted"wink
*12 Stones
*Staind

I dis agree with you totally. When it comes to riffs on electric guitars there are three legends in rock music. One is dead and the other two are alive, namely Jimmy Hendrix, Kirk hammet of METALLICA whose mentor is Jimmy Hendrix and finally Dave mustaine of MEGADEATH. You don't wanna fauck with any of these three guys on electric guitars especially Kirk Hammet. Listen to tracks like Blitskrieg, Judas kiss, hit the lights, unforgiving 3. Man all of the songs on death magnetic are dope.

Not forgetting Tony Iommy of Black Sabbath.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria / Mafa Mafa: Davido & His Crew Release Legwork Dance Steps For His New Song / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Glitter – Best Of Seyi Vibez • Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.