Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29748 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2012
I want to have an idea of what the general trend among Nigerians is on the issue of whether women and men are equal.
Your opinions on the matter will be appreciated.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by somalia5: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
women should always be waist high to a man, because she is half the worth of a man. plus while she is waist high, she can service me and do something other than yapping all day.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
women should always be waist high to a man, because she is half the worth of a man. plus while she is waist high, she can service me and do something other than yapping all day.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion Mr. Chauvinist woman-hater!!!!! smiley

11 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Afam4eva(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
Of course every human being be it Male or Female are equal...But it depends on what you mean by gender equality. Everybody has got a duty to perform in life that's why human beings are made differently. Women are not called "weaker vessels" for nothing. It means that unlike men, they don't have that physical prowess to do most things that men are known for that's why they're more into things that involves more of thinking and being meticulous. That's how they're made. I personally see it as an insult when women abandon the niche that God has carved for them and gone to challenge men.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Gerrard59(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
I so much believe in it. Men and woman shld be equal in evry ramification. After all they were created equally.
Using religion as a barrier to gender equality shows that yur creator is segeregatory in nature and a hater of either gender most esp women.

After all God created man equally,even in the home a man and a woman should be equal no matter what. Lets compare the

Nordic nations{denmark,norway,sweden,finland,} Luxemborg,hong kong etc

standard of living with

Afangnaistan,Saudi Arabia,Yemen,Bolivia,Nigeria.
Can we now see the correlation between women rights and development.

Nigerian men should brace up oh,because the more women get educated,the more equality they ask for {which is right anyway} and YES they should be given,after all they too are human beings.

Brazil,Australia,finland,Germany{which control Europe} are examples of equality. I praise the EU in its motive to give more women access to its top coys boardrooms.

[/color] Only insecure men that will be afraid to give women their deserved rights.[color=#000099]

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by MrChima1: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
Depends on my geographical location. in america or china-yes. in africa-no
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by somalia5: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
Mr_Chima: Depends on my geographical location. in america or china-yes. in africa-no

and relations to mrschima?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by manfred10(m): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion Mr. Chauvinist woman-hater!!!!! smiley
. He is not a woman hater he is realistic and what he said is scriptural
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by GentleNaaz(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
Gender discrimination is natural, nature denied women some aspects of lif. Likewise dia men counterpart
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by somalia5: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
manfred10: . He is not a woman hater he is realistic and what he said is scriptural

Thank you.

Women in Somalia have more power than most women in the muslim world. Our foreign minister is a female, and so is the minister for womens affairs.

their pictures are below.

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
Men and women are equal. If you have sons and daughters, will you tell you daughters they are worth less than your sons? Wouldn't you send both to school and often times the most brilliant in a class is a girl. More and more women are becoming CEOs and even politicians globally.

No doubt men and women are equal. However in a family setting the man still remains head and the woman should submit to her husband. She is to submit to only her husband and no other man. So women and men are equal but a woman should still submit to her husband. I will define submission another day!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Koolking(m): 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yes. But methinks, most Nigerian women only believe in verbal crusade of 'gender equality'. Their selfish actions are far from promoting gender (female) equality.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by manny4life(m): 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Theoretically, YES, Practical NO.

I have two coworkers who call me chauvinist, I said I wasn't but was only applying the simple rules. For instance, @ work, when the water runs out, I'll expect the ladies to go into the room where we stock up snacks and drinks, but no, it's the male coworkers who change the bottle water on the filter.

Out of curiosity, I asked one time in a meeting why is it only male workers that change water bottles, one reply was, females can't lift the bottle of water, so the males got to do it. I replied, there u go, I guess we're aren't equal after all.

Again, this is a minute example to broader scenarios why women are not equal to men. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Walexz02(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
No. They are not equall, a matured woman knwows that...
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Fkforyou(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
I think in sometinz God made men higher than women and order cases God made women higher than men,dat is to say they both have roles to play,but Men are higher in most cases e.g like being head of the family..But d most important thing is dat "some" not "all" women tend to abuse dis rights(gender equality) by misbehaving.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by somalia5: 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2012
in my humble somali opinon.

Nigerian and other negroid women should definately have more rights, after all sometimes i find it hard to distinguish them from their male counterparts
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by manny4life(m): 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5: in my humble somali opinon.

Nigerian and other negroid women should definately have more rights, after all sometimes i find it hard to distinguish them from their male counterparts

We're not only talking bout rights, but in ALL scheme of things. If there are things women believe is only a man can do, does that show equality? How many women in their homes will split equally the bills, payments, etc with their husbands? Oh that's where u hear, " you're the head of this family", followed by bible quotation.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by SamMilla1(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2012
No, Gender equality is like Racism.
There is continous improvement on stopping it but it is still very much there. It may or may not happen because it has been there for thousands of years.
But i am sure there will not be Gender equality in my life time.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5: women should always be waist high to a man, because she is half the worth of a man. plus while she is waist high, she can service me and do something other than yapping all day.

na wa! i pity Soomal women. tongue

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5: in my humble somali opinon.

What? A Somalian is talking about women's rights? I agree that Nigerians should step up in gender equality but you as a Somalian should shut the hell up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Somalia#Women.27s_Rights
http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/profiles/blogs/women-s-rights-in-somalia-why-the-silence-originally-posted-at?xg_source=activity#.UMM5XuRWySo
http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/feature-stories/struggling-womens-rights-somalia-20090120

Underage marriage, spousal rape, female illtieracy etc

What also makes you think that you wouldnt be described as a negroid by a politically incorrect person also?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
WHAT EXACTLY DOES 'EQUALITY' ENTAIL ? MAYBE WE CAN ANSWER THE QUESTION BETTER. BECAUSE MEN AND WOMEN ARE NOT EQUAL
1-ONE PEES STANDING UP THE OTHER SITTING DOWN
2-ONE HAS GBOLA, THE OTHER HAS VAYJAYJAY
3-ONE IS EXPECTED TO HUNT AND GATHER THE OTHER IS EXPECTED TO NURTURE
4-ONE GROWS FACIAL HAIR, THE OTHER DOES NOT
5-ONE IS EXPECTED TO DO MANUAL LABOR AND THE OTHER IS NOT ETC ETC ETC. I DONT SEE ANY EQUALITY ANYWHERE.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
D bible says we are all equal in d sight of god,God is no respecter of persons or gender,dat should give u an answer to your question so it is totally unbiblical for any human being,i dont care what his or her gender is to say God said men are superior or are not equal to women thats bull.sh1t
it only helps to promote imorality, over ere in uk u see woman nt interested in marriage,shaggin around, some getin children from unknown sperm donors, BS, woman are destined to be unda men, i pity d effects its hvin in 9ja nw
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by somalia5: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
Logicboy03:

What? A Somalian is talking about women's rights? I agree that Nigerians should step up in gender equality but you as a Somalian should shut the hell up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Somalia#Women.27s_Rights
http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/profiles/blogs/women-s-rights-in-somalia-why-the-silence-originally-posted-at?xg_source=activity#.UMM5XuRWySo
http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/feature-stories/struggling-womens-rights-somalia-20090120

Underage marriage, spousal rape, female illtieracy etc

What also makes you think that you wouldnt be described as a negroid by a politically incorrect person also?

plz its somali not somalian.

OUR WOMEN DONT HAVE TO WEAR WEAVES. YOUR WOMEN WEAR WEAVES AND ACT LIKE THE WHITES THAT ENSLAVED THEM. FURTHER MORE OF THE TWO DOZEN HIV INFESTED MONKEY NATIONS IN AFRICA THAT HAVE THE UGLY NEGROID LOOK, ALL OF THEM TOP THE TOP 25 NATIONS WITH HIV RATES IN THE WORLD, MAY I ALSO ADD THAT THOSE SAME NATIONS ALSO USE EUROPEAN LANGUAGES AS THEIR OFFICIAL LANGUAGES.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by searay(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
Gender equality is equal to politics.
I believe in gender equality. But I'm afriad the way women are going, they will take over the world from men. From 20-30%, from 30 - close to 50%.
Women are more resilient than men
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
By the way, I believe in gender equality. Men and women are equal. The only little difference is in physique. That being said, there are some women even more powerful than some men.

When it comes to the mind, women and men are equal. When social barriers and norms are removed, men and women are virtually the same when it comes to certain cognitive issues.

We need more women leaders in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by rickross2: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yes i do believe but I hate women who think they came to this world to compete with men. You are to compliment men and not to compete with them...

I love and respect women ideas/opinions, but God that made me a man and head of the house is no fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.