Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29749 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
YES. However, I would like to have a hubby who is older and better than me in education,experience ,maturity and wealth but still open minded enough to know there are no bosses in the relationship. We should both love and respect each other equally.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5:

plz its somali not somalian.

OUR WOMEN DONT HAVE TO WEAR WEAVES. YOUR WOMEN WEAR WEAVES AND ACT LIKE THE WHITES THAT ENSLAVED THEM. FURTHER MORE OF THE TWO DOZEN HIV INFESTED MONKEY NATIONS IN AFRICA THAT HAVE THE UGLY NEGROID LOOK, ALL OF THEM TOP THE TOP 25 NATIONS WITH HIV RATES IN THE WORLD, MAY I ALSO ADD THAT THOSE SAME NATIONS ALSO USE EUROPEAN LANGUAGES AS THEIR OFFICIAL LANGUAGES.

Your women generally have softer hair but I dont see them winning as much beauty contests as Nigerian women.

The richest black woman now is a Nigerian.

Somali or Somalian, it doesnt matter because you are a FAILED STATE, a FAILED COUNTRY.

When you are humble to the facts about Nigeria and your own country, then I cn call you my Somali brother. For now, you are an ignorant bigot

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by nitrogen(m): 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
Hello, it is not about gender equality but gender equity, we are not the same, men are superior beings, just that women have the equal right to a lot as men have too, or if they do not, then at least 35%, and that is the equity we are talking about.

Presently, it is being worked upon, the constitution has the policy already but it hasn't been implemented in all it's ramifications, but by God's grace, when the next review of the constitution takes place, something would have been/will be done about it.

NB: It isn't about equality, it is about equity.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by dilbert100: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
yes.
enough said!
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2012
rick.ross:
Yes i do believe but I hate women who think they came to this world to compete with men. You are to compliment men and not to compete with them...

I love and respect women ideas/opinions, but God that made me a man and head of the house is no fool

Assuming god exists in the first place.

Religions, especially Abrahamic ones negatively impact on gender equality
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5: women should always be waist high to a man, because she is half the worth of a man. plus while she is waist high, she can service me and do something other than yapping all day.

And who do you think you are?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2012
Gender superiority dates back to Eden, as a consequence for disobedience. Twas never in d original plan for any being to be better dan d other. This, history and Holy writings copiously prove. The grace dispensation nails it best....there is neither male nor female. We are only still struggling to purge out deeply-trenched, stubborn ideologies, with Mama Africa just in early gestation in dis aluta. However....
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5: you do realize we are no longer a failed nation. we elected a president, a parliament.

never call me a your brother. Because i am not related to monkies. secondly somali women beat you guys hands down.

when somalis compare beauty they compete with eritreans and ethiopians. i never hear beauty contests between horners and negroids. cause its not even fair. and is mean spirited to compare angels with long flowing hair and straight noses to short midgets who look like body builders with weaves.

1) [size=14pt]Somalia is still a failed state. [/size] You dont have a proper economy or constittution (provisional constitution). Your informal economy is mainly based on livestock remittance/money transfer companies, and telecommunication.

2)

A Nigrian won miss world. A Nigerian won miss Africa Ireland. International competitions

[img]http://4.bp..com/-7j8DzenYYYg/TjFhmTdrNsI/AAAAAAAAA1o/t037XIySgXU/s1600/2001.jpg[/img]

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L29zaTIwbmZjLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
somalia5:

this must be the prime ape in you speaking. this is why i have no respect for negroids. they are animal like, no value for religion.

Religion is almost dead in many European countries. I know that you are ignorant
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Ogojohn(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
just hear yourself talking. spiritual,biblically,physically and structurally. women can never equal to men no matter how some half men may try to turn it. Women want to be equal to men when they wants an advantage but when it is to there's. they don't want any challenge.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Olastep1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2012
Who is this person from Somali? Haaaahaaa. A monkey is telling a dog its ugly. Pls, we'r talkin abt it. But neva. It can neva takes place. I dnt like men dat abuses the female. That doesnt mean women should compete wit men. It doesnt makes sense. But abuses should be abolished. Let nature holds its control
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
Logicboy03:
Your women generally have softer hair but I dont see them winning as much beauty contests as Nigerian women.
The richest black woman now is a Nigerian.
Somali or Somalian, it doesnt matter because you are a FAILED STATE, a FAILED COUNTRY.
When you are humble to the facts about Nigeria and your own country, then I cn call you my Somali brother. For now, you are an ignorant bigot

I don't know why you bothered answering him. The guy is a die-hard racist.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
manny4life: Theoretically, YES, Practical NO.

I have two coworkers who call me chauvinist, I said I wasn't but was only applying the simple rules. For instance, @ work, when the water runs out, I'll expect the ladies to go into the room where we stock up snacks and drinks, but no, it's the male coworkers who change the bottle water on the filter.

Out of curiosity, I asked one time in a meeting why is it only male workers that change water bottles, one reply was, females can't lift the bottle of water, so the males got to do it. I replied, there u go, I guess we're aren't equal after all.

Again, this is a minute example to broader scenarios why women are not equal to men. grin grin grin grin

Who are the two people that 'liked' your post? lol. superiority is not determined by strength. If it was then the gorillas and lions in the forest would be superior to men.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
Ogojohn: just hear yourself talking. spiritual,biblically,physically and structurally. women can never equal to men no matter how some half men may try to turn it. Women want to be equal to men when they wants an advantage but when it is to there's. they don't want any challenge.

What part of the Bible says that women are inferior to men?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Gerrard59(m): 2:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
Then that God is a sexist, what is wrong in a woman being the head of the family?
Or what is bad in woman to compete with a man? Them no be human being?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

What part of the Bible says that women are inferior to men?

grin grin grin

◄ 1 Corinthians 14:34 ►

New International Version (©1984)
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by AyeeIdris(f): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
As a woman,i don't believe in gender equality. No such thing. If not, there should be paternity leave as well. Men and women are different. What we should strive for is gender EQUITY (fairness). We should have rules that cater to the uniqueness of both sexes. If i as a woman put in d same amount of work as u, a man does, i deserve the same pay and vice versa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.