Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29751 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Sagamite(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2012
fellis:

Yes it does. Also, no religious discussions on this thread wink
By the way, I was surprised to see you agree with stagger's post. I always imagined you believe in male superiority.

When I grew up and turned 18, it finally downed on me that I was a quite intellectually special and different from the rest.

I realised that majority of people in the world are incredibly dumb and used to say 90% of people in the world are eediots to the laughter of my Dad.

So to me, whichever sex is superior does not matter as the majority of men and women are eediots anyway. I only care about and respect the 10% that are intelligent.

So to me, a woman in the 10% is more valuable than 12 men in the 90%. The person with the superior brains and the right qualities of leadership should lead a household, not because they have a dyck.

In my house, there will only be ONE leader, not two. And that sole leader will be Saga Saga, Sagalicious, Saga one time, SagaShag, Saga na so, Saga she don get belle, Sagacity.

Any women that does not like that can take a hike. No woman can be a better leader than me in my household.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:
When I grew up and turned 18, it finally downed on me that I was a quite intellectually special and different from the rest.
I realised that majority of people in the world are incredibly dumb and used to say 90% of people in the world are eediots to the laughter of my Dad.
So to me, whichever sex is superior does not matter as the majority of men and women are eediots anyway. I only care about and respect the 10% that are intelligent.
So to me, a woman in the 10% is more valuable than 12 men in the 90%. The person with the superior brains and the right qualities of leadership should lead a household, not because they have a dyck.
In my house, there will only be ONE leader, not two. And that sole leader will be Saga Saga, Sagalicious, Saga one time, SagaShag, Saga na so, Saga she don get belle, Sagacity.
Any women that does not like that can take a hike. No woman can be a better leader than me in my household.

You sound so arrogant, calm down.
First of all why did it take you untill you were 18 years old to realise that you are sooooo intelligent?
Any truly intelligent person would know of their intellectual superiority even when they are still children.
But whatever. Good luck with your deliberate search for a wife that is not as smart as you are.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Sagamite(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2012
fellis:

You sound so arrogant, calm down.
First of all why did it take you untill you were 18 years old to realise that you were sooooo intelligent?
Any truly intelligent person would know of their intellectual superiority even when they are still children.
But whatever. Good luck with your deliberate search for a wife that is not as smart as you are.

Why is stating the truth arrogance? undecided

You struggle to read or comprehend?

No 1, read the statement again, nowhere did I say it took me up to 18 to realise I am "soooo intelligent".

No 2, has someone below 18 seen enough of the world to know and confirm their superiority.

No 3, what is wrong to wait a while to attain certainty before coming to a conclusion?

So does what you wrote still make sense?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:
Why is stating the truth arrogance? undecided
You struggle to read or comprehend?
No 1, read the statement again, nowhere did I say it took me up to 18 to realise I am "soooo intelligent".
No 2, has someone below 18 seen enough of the world to know and confirm their superiority.
No 3, what is wrong to wait a while to attain certainty before coming to a conclusion?
So does what you wrote still make sense?

It does and what you wrote up there is hardly a rebuttal. Smart people know that they are smart right from childhood.
You are free to disagree however.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
fellis:

It does and what you wrote up there is hardly a rebuttal. Smart people know that they are smart right from childhood.
You are free to disagree however.

Where did I say I did not know I was smart right from childhood?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
fellis:
Islam does not discriminate against women, end of story.

See this liar. We know how sisters are given less inheritance than bros in islam.

Anyways, I'll leave you to your delusion
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Where did I say I did not know I was smart right from childhood?
Sorry I must have misunderstood your post.
My sincere apologies for offending you.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:
See this liar. We know how sisters are given less inheritance than bros in islam.
Anyways, I'll leave you to your delusion

I have a feeling that this is what you have been trying to bring up since that time you mentioned the Quran and women.

Please leave me with my 'delusion'. I'm happy with it.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
The issue of equality should not arise. Male or female has a role to play which is complementary to each other. Just like the hand cannot say it is equal to the legs and vice versa, so male, female should not say I am greater or we are equal or not. when every body play his role, humanity and our society will be better for it.
NB; Women, don't leave your responsibility to go and compete with men in their own responsibilty,and MEN don't abandon your responsibility due to fear, cowardice, or simply greed.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 1:02am On Dec 11, 2012
Sagamite:

great great great great post. kill all dumb people angry
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 1:21am On Dec 11, 2012
I love this topic.

On i side note, in politics and government men don't have a problem being subservient to women who actually act like women. Feminists are inferior because they try to be both male and female at the same time and thus fail at both.

If you look at female leaders in history like Queen Elizabeth or Catherine the Great you will see that men often prefer to be led by women and have a soft spot for female leaders. But this only happens if the female can lead yet still remain a real women. Such is rare in the west, that is why you can have female presidents in Pakistan, but not in America. Contrast Benazir Bhutto to someone like Hillary clinton. grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 11, 2012
pleep: I love this topic.

On i side note, in politics and government men don't have a problem being subservient to women who actually act like women. Feminists are inferior because they try to be both male and female at the same time and thus fail at both.

If you look at female leaders in history like Queen Elizabeth or Catherine the Great you will see that men often prefer to be led by women and have a soft spot for female leaders. But this only happens if the female can lead yet still remain a real women. Such is rare in the west, that is why you can have female presidents in Pakistan, but not in America. Contrast Benazir Bhutto to someone like Hillary clinton. grin

Australian prime minister- woman

German chancellor- woman
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 1:45am On Dec 11, 2012
Logicboy03:

Australian prime minister- woman

German chancellor- woman

Angela Merkell does not strike me as 'feminist', neither does someone like Margret Thatcher. Thatcher publically distanced herself from the feminist movement. But anyway i'm speaking in general, Pakistan is what we would call 'gender unequal' but they elected a female president while america hasn't.

If you are trying to say that female leaders are possible in the west, ill give you that. But it doesn't mean as much as a woman leading a country as patriarchal as Pakistan or 18th century Russia.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 11, 2012
"Complementary" is my favoured argument here. "Equal" is unsuitable for the context of a romantic relationship, but as stand-alone humans I do wonder. And will continue to do so sad
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by KateSpade(f): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
Yes.

Each person has their talents regardless of gender and should be given the opportunity to express and enhance it.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
KateSpade: Yes.

Each person has their talents regardless of gender and should be given the opportunity to express and enhance it.

I agree. Most of the time people are forced to take on responsibilities and live lives that they are hardly suited for because they are expected to do these things and not because they want to.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2012
fellis:

I agree. Most of the time people are forced to take on responsibilities and live lives that they are hardly suited for because they are expected to do these things and not because they want to.

Yo, Fellis, I had an idea for a thread long ago when you said something on my thread about atheists and muslim women and just remembered.

The thread is; Athiest husband vs Christian husband vs Muslim husband. Are you interested?

Btw, vote for me for religious poster of the year, if you can wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
^What do you want to make the thread about? Is it to talk on which of these husbands would be best?
You are going to win poster of the year; I read through the thread before. You don't need my vote.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
fellis: ^What do you want to make the thread about? Is it to talk on which of these husbands would be best?
You are going to win poster of the year; I read through the thread before. You don't need my vote.

Every vote counts oooo grin

Anyway, yeah? I want o list the stereotypical characteristsics and say who is better
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 23, 2012
^I already know you would say the atheist is better.
As for me there is no way I am going to say atheist or christian husbands are better so if you wish you can start the thread but I will still defend the Muslim men.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2012
fellis: ^I already know you would say the atheist is better.
As for me there is no way I am going to say atheist or christian husbands are better so if you wish you can start the thread but I will still defend the Muslim men.

No problem. We understand each other.

However, is it haram or halal to vote for an atheist in an election? cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
Lol it is not haraam.
I just don't think there is need for me to vote.
You will win.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
fellis: Lol it is not haraam.
I just don't think there is need for me to vote.
You will win.

cry

Fellis? Why? I need your vote.....why are you doing this to me?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2012
Fine I will vote. You can stop crying.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2012
fellis: Fine I will vote. You can stop crying.

kiss kiss
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
Kenistry: Nope.......God made it so, women will alwys b d weaker ones

EXPERIENCE PERIOD PAIN, CRAMPS, BLOATING, AND CARRYING A CHILD...
then you can talk about strength lol.

COLLECTIVELY women endure more emotional and physical pain than men.

the only way a man is stronger than women is through physical labor/muscle mass.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
*Kails*:

the only way a man is stronger than women is through physical labor/muscle mass.

And even at that it is only some men that have more physical strength/labor mass than women, not all of them.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
fellis:

And even at that it is only some men that have more physical strength/labor mass than women, not all of them.

Okay Fellis. I really want to talk about religion and women but since you dont want to go there, I wont!

Just help me answer this question-

Am I justified to bring up the womens issues in religion to say that you are a bit hypocritical for supporting gender equality?

Answer yes or no and why. That is all. No further replies from me. smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
fellis:

true very true. grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Okay Fellis. I really want to talk about religion and women but since you dont want to go there, I wont!

Just help me answer this question-

Am I justified to bring up the womens issues in religion to say that you are a bit hypocritical for supporting gender equality?

Answer yes or no and why. That is all. No further replies from me. smiley

No you are not justified smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
fellis:

No you are not justified smiley

Cheers. You didnt state a reason but cheers.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
The strength difference is around 30% starting at puberty. Its because of testosterone which basically makes men retain muscles mass even if we are not doing anything, so i guess thats kinda like cheating... but
*Kails*:

EXPERIENCE PERIOD PAIN, CRAMPS, BLOATING, AND CARRYING A CHILD...
then you can talk about strength lol.

comments like this are very divorced from reality.

You know, pregnancy and periods are not the only source of physical pain in the world. If you want to see male pain look at the Vietnam war men, loosing arms and legs, getting burned alive, world war 2, Suicide rates, murder, workplace fatalities etc. And don't even forget all the times unfortunate males have been hit in the nutz...

As for the emotional strength... men loose loved ones, loose jobs, ruin relationships, get rejected at the same rate as women, so i don't know where you would come to this conclusion. Just because someone doesn't show their emotions doesn't mean they don't feel them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.