Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,866 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29736 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 3:12am On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

You see the bolded, for the first one, add this comment as well:

This is just silly. You speak for all women? Who the hell do you think you are? Maybe I should go over and dictate to you what you can and cannot do as well.

The second bolded in the first qoute I make, no matter how you spin it, is patently false. Today things may be acceptably equal in the US, but you mean to say historically it has been so? When did they get the vote, in the 20's, yes? You know how much work was required to get to the stage we are at today?

Don't perpetuate nonsense just because you want to play big daddy. And more importantly, don't assume you know best for everyone, it is ridiculously insulting. Merit. That is all.
Women almost universally want their partner to have more money than them. I will say that no matter how many of yall disagree with me because in that dusty corner of your brain, were your unused rationallity resides, you know i am right. If you were to conduct a poll of all the women in the united states ill bet over 90% would agree with me, so ill regard w/e you say to the contrary as lies for the sake of argument.

The second bolded in the first quote I make, no matter how you spin it, is patently false. Today things may be acceptably equal in the US, but you mean to say historically it has been so? When did they get the vote, in the 20's, yes? You know how much work was required to get to the stage we are at today?

Don't perpetuate nonsense just because you want to play big daddy. And more importantly, don't assume you know best for everyone, it is ridiculously insulting. Merit. That is all.
I dont care if you are insulted, its the truth. Yea women were restricted and many didn't like it but in the West the system was fair then, and is fair now. I'm sorry but some people dont buy into your never ending struggle narrative

Logicboy03:

What? You dont know that he is an alpha male? His pen.is is 15 inches and he controls all the women! cool
Are you mad because i destroyed your points in that discusion? Man the hell up bro, you are acting like a punk. I know this is gunna sound mysogenistic, but you mangina feminist men act exactly like little girls and its pathetic.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 28, 2012
fellis:

I'm not hurt. Just wondering.

Whatever, as a sane person, it is intriguing to know how a deluded person can keep two opposite ideas in the head and act like they are congruent
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 3:28am On Dec 28, 2012
And @ Wiegraf about your dumb voting "discimination". At the same time feminists were fighting for the right to vote in the 1860's 620,000 men died in the civil war. When they fought for the right to vote in the 20th century millions of men were drafted to die in WW1... when they fought for the right to leave the home in the 60's 300 men were dying every single day in Vietnam. and most of them didn't have the vote either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GsBg4aW0Ag
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep:
Are you mad because i destroyed your points in that discusion? Man the hell up bro, you are acting like a punk. I know this is gunna sound mysogenistic, but you mangina feminist men act exactly like little girls and its pathetic.

OOh, you're so manly with your big pe.nis! See that swag! The alpha male! The rest of us feminine men with our manginas are so jealous!

Mtchew, foolish douchebag
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: And @ Wiegraf about your dumb voting "discimination". At the same time feminists were fighting for the right to vote in the 1860's 620,000 men died in the civil war. When they fought for the right to vote in the 20th century millions of men were drafted to die in WW1... when they fought for the right to leave the home in the 60's 300 men were dying every single day in Vietnam and most of them didn't have the vote either

You think women would have gone into war with Vietnam if they were leading the USA instead of testosterone-filled douchebags like yourself?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 3:45am On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

You think women would have gone into war with Vietnam if they were leading the USA instead of testosterone-filled douchebags like yourself?
Shoot yourself, and donate your balls to someone who can use them properly. I am testosterone filled and proud.

I never said i cared how many men died in war, i simply said patriarchy is a fair and balanced system. Sometimes women get stuck in the kitchen, sometimes men loose every single limb on the battlefield. Males trade physical safety for control and power, women trade control for physical safety. Either way its not my issue, all i care about is intellectual honesty and i'm sick of listening to dumb feminist men & women spread stupid untrue lies about history.

Logicboy03:

OOh, you're so manly with your big pe.nis! See that swag! The alpha male! The rest of us feminine men with our manginas are so jealous!

Mtchew, foolish douchebag
You sound like a fuckin f@g dude, I could bet my life you were raised by a single mother. You are the male equivalent of an angry black woman.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 4:07am On Dec 28, 2012
And it doesnt matter who is leading the country you dumbass. Wars will be fought. Every single female leader i mentioned earlier has blood on her hands. Margaret Thatcher, The Falkland War, Indira Ghandi, the invasion of Pakistan, Queen Elizabeth the war with Spain, and Catherine the Great who had continuous war for almost all 34 years she ruled Russia.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: Shoot yourself, and donate your balls to someone who can use them properly. I am testosterone filled and proud.

I never said i cared how many men died in war, i simply said patriarchy is a fair and balanced system. Sometimes women get stuck in the kitchen, sometimes men loose every single limb on the battlefield. Males trade physical safety for control and power, women trade control for physical safety. Either way its not my issue, all i care about is intellectual honesty and i'm sick of listening to dumb feminist men & women spread stupid untrue lies about history.

You sound like a fuckin f@g dude, I could bet my life you were raised by a single mother. You are the male equivalent of an angry black woman.

Unfortunately for you I am a straight guy from a proper African home with two parents.

But as far as I can tell, you are a failed product of whatever shitty school you went to.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 4:21am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: Women almost universally want their partner to have more money than them. I will say that no matter how many of yall disagree with me because in that dusty corner of your brain, were your unused rationallity resides, you know i am right. If you were to conduct a poll of all the women in the united states ill bet over 90% would agree with me, so ill regard w/e you say to the contrary as lies for the sake of argument.

I dont care if you are insulted, its the truth. Yea women were restricted and many didn't like it but in the West the system was fair then, and is fair now. I'm sorry but some people dont buy into your never ending struggle narrative

Ah shut up with your nonsense about having some logic. Frankly, you sound as mo.ronic as they come. Please don't abuse the word logic. Do I ever say most women do not usually want their spouses to be richer? I even go as far as saying some women would not want equality you dol.t.

What I say is that NOT ALL women want that nonsense, and you've failed to show why they should be forced to acquiesce to the majority. I'll be waiting for your logic to show me how

And the asinine levels of your comment about war is off the charts. And so what? Because men were dying that means women do not deserve equal rights? Do you know how many women have died from child birth since the dawn of time? Perhaps us dudes (I wonder why think I'm female, not all of us are neanderthals) shouldn't be allowed to vote considering that, yes?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: And it doesnt matter who is leading the country you dumbass. Wars will be fought. Every single female leader i mentioned earlier has blood on her hands. Margaret Thatcher, the Falkland war, Indira Ghandi, the invasion of Pakistan, Queen Elizabeth the war with Spain, and Catherine the Great who had continuous wars for almost all 34 years she ruled Russia.

Vietnam was not a war, it was suicide smiley

Yes, wars will be fought but not wars that end up with no result. Thatchers war had a result- she got the land and strengthened her party's public approval. Vietnam had no sense. I singled out vietnam for a reason
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 4:34am On Dec 28, 2012

Unfortunately for you I am a straight guy from a proper African home with two parents.
Look dude, i don't care anything about you. All i know is that you are a dumbass and you need to act like a normal man.

I have utterly annihilated every single point you have made on this topic and now you have been reduced to ranting about my dick size. Its annoying and disgusting, grow the hell up.

wiegraf:

Ah shut up with your nonsense about having some logic. Frankly, you sound as mo.ronic as they come. Please don't abuse the word logic. Do I ever say most women do not usually want their spouses to be richer? I even go as far as saying some women would not want equality you dol.t.

What I say is that NOT ALL women want that nonsense, and you've failed to show why they should be forced to acquiesce to the majority. I'll be waiting for your logic to show me how

And the asinine levels of your comment about war is off the charts. And so what? Because men were dying that means women do not deserve equal rights? Do you know how many women have died from child birth since the dawn of time? Perhaps us dudes (I wonder why think I'm female, not all of us are neanderthals) shouldn't be allowed to vote considering that, yes?
You may be a man, but you are the dumbest bytch i have ever seen. Of course not all women want a man who is richer than them, i am speaking in general. I made that fact abundantly clear you stupid prick. Read my quotes again; "Women almost universally want their partner to have more money than them." "Over 90% would agree with me." You see monkey, i never said all i spoke about most. You cant understand generalities because you have no logic.

And for the last time i don't care if some women don't want a wealthier partner, that has nothing to do with my argument. There are some people who don't like patriarchy and some who do, all i'm saying is that its a fair and balanced system. Both genders have advantages and disadvantages.

Get this straight, if don't care if men get forced to die in war, and i don't care if you get forced to die in war. The only reason why i bring that up is to show the other side of the system that no one thinks about.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: Look dude, i don't care anything about you. All i know is that you are a dumbass and you need to act like a normal man.

I have utterly annihilated every single point you have made on this topic and now you have been reduced to ranting about my dick size. Its annoying and disgusting, grow the hell up.

You may be a man, but you are the dumbest bytch i have ever seen. Of course not all women want a man that is richer than them, i am speaking in general. I made that fact abundanty clear you stupid prick. Read my quotes again; "Women almost universally want their partner to have more money than them." "over 90% would agree with me". See you monkey, i never said all i am speaking in general, you cant understand generalities because you have no logic.

And for the last time i don't care if some women don't want a wealthier partner, that has no bearing on my argument. There are some people who don't like patriarchy and some who do, all i'm saying is that its a fair and balanced system. Both genders make have advantages and disadvantages.

And get this straight, if don't care if men get forced to die in war, and i dont care if you get forced to die in war. The only reason why i bring that up is to show the other side of the system that no one thinks about.

Lol are you Sagamite?

Just because I do not want to seriously engage with you because you're a deluded male chauvinist doesnt mean that you destroyed my points.

Your whole argument is foolish. You argue that a patriarchal system is fair to women and it balances out.

Do you even know why it is called "patriarchal" in the first place? Because it is ruled and favourable to men!

I pity your wife, sister and daughter.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 4:45am On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Vietnam was not a war, it was suicide smiley

Yes, wars will be fought but not wars that end up with no result. Thatchers war had a result- she got the land and strengthened her party's public approval. Vietnam had no sense. I singled out vietnam for a reason

So? Cathrine the Great's war with Crimea was pointless too, she was just taking their land. What in the hell does your point have to do with anything?

Logicboy03:

Lol are you Sagamite?

Just because I do not want to seriously engage with you because you're a deluded male chauvinist doesnt mean that you destroyed my points.

Your whole argument is foolish. You argue that a patriarchal system is fair to women and it balances out.

Do you even know why it is called "patriarchal" in the first place? Because it is ruled and favourable to men!

No i am not Sagamite. And i wish i could strangle you, you s.tupid monkey... men like you are nothing but pollution in the world.

A man who cant use logic is worthless, garbage, i almost wish you would get blown up in some war. Maybe in the next life you will have a Vagaina.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 28, 2012
lol^@and i wish i could strangle you
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Triple Og Pleep Vs The Militant Atheist Extremist LogicBoy

...Awesome Dual
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 28, 2012
الملكي فوق الله: Triple Og Pleep Vs The Militant Atheist Extremist LogicBoy

...Awesome Dual

Militant extremist? Me? Have you heard of boko haram?

Mtchew.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:18am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep:
So? Cathrine the Great's war with Crimea was pointless too, she was just taking their land. What in the hell does your point have to do with anything?

No i am not Sagamite. And i wish i could strangle you, you s.tupid monkey... men like you are nothing but pollution in the world.

A man who cant use logic is worthless, garbage, i almost wish you would get blown up in some war. Maybe in the next life you will have a Vagaina.

Catherine the great? Seriously dude? We are talking leaders of proper nations and you bring up an 18th century monarch?

You are talking about logic and then you put reincarnation in the next sentence. You must really have reasoning problems.

I am a real man unlike you, Mr controlling boyfriend. Maybe you will even choose what kind of sanitary pad your girlfriend uses.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 5:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Another s.tupid comment from so called "logic boy." I never said i am a controlling boyfriend, i said patriarchy was. This is a conversation about history, so I'm going to bring up historical events. Women gained to right to vote like 90 years ago, but that doesn't stop feminists from bringing it up toady.

You are not a real man you are a mangina dumbass. And stop thinking about my dick size and my love life, it makes you sound homosexual
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 5:34am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep:

You may be a man, but you are the dumbest bytch i have ever seen. Of course not all women want a man who is richer than them, i am speaking in general. I made that fact abundantly clear you stupid prick. Read my quotes again; "Women almost universally want their partner to have more money than them." "Over 90% would agree with me." You see monkey, i never said all i spoke about most. You cant understand generalities because you have no logic.

Well, re.tards are going to be re.tarded I suppose. You accused me of not knowing that fact, I never said that about you.

pleep:
Women almost universally want their partner to have more money than them. I will say that no matter how many of yall disagree with me because in that dusty corner of your brain, were your unused rationallity resides, you know i am right. If you were to conduct a poll of all the women in the united states ill bet over 90% would agree with me, so ill regard w/e you say to the contrary as lies for the sake of argument.

I was pointing out I am very aware of that you m.oron. I never said you were not generalizing. 4k you're stoopid.

pleep:
And for the last time i don't care if some women don't want a wealthier partner, that has nothing to do with my argument. There are some people who don't like patriarchy and some who do, all i'm saying is that its a fair and balanced system. Both genders have advantages and disadvantages.

You seem intent on ignoring those forced against their will to conform. Well, great genius, how does that have nothing to do with your argument? Being forced against your will to do something you don't want to has nothing to do with how fair a system is? Interesting.

pleep:
Get this straight, if don't care if men get forced to die in war, and i don't care if you get forced to die in war. The only reason why i bring that up is to show the other side of the system that no one thinks about.

Again, so if men dying in wars is not what you use to justify treating women as children, what is? Mayhaps women dying at child birth? Should we ignore that as well?

What is it that justifies you calling the system fair? Especially historically, like I asked earlier on. Maybe this?

pleep: And @ Wiegraf about your dumb voting "discimination". At the same time feminists were fighting for the right to vote in the 1860's 620,000 men died in the civil war. When they fought for the right to vote in the 20th century millions of men were drafted to die in WW1... when they fought for the right to leave the home in the 60's 300 men were dying every single day in Vietnam. and most of them didn't have the vote either

You eediot....lol

What justifies this
pleep: @ Everyone who is able to think logically, The patriarchal system balaces out.

Women trade control and freedom for physical safety and stability, while men trade physical safety for control and access to reproduction. Females were seen as inferior but it was like a child to an adult, not a human to an animal. less capable than men but yet still more valuable and worthy of chivalry. This is why men gave their lives for women in the titanic disaster. From the female perspective patriarchy is like a controlling boyfriend, not this evil oppressor like feminists like to portray. There are some societies were this system works out unfairly to females but the United States is not one of them.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: Another s.tupid comment from so called "logic boy." I never said i am a controlling boyfriend, i said patriarchy was. This is a conversation about history, so I'm going to bring up historical events. Women gained to right to vote like 90 years ago, but that doesn't stop feminists from bringing it up toady.

You are not a real man you are a mangina dumbass. And stop thinking about my dick size and my love life, it makes you sound homosexual

This is not a discussion about history but on gender equality today.

Furthermore, there are still issues women need to fight for but your chauvinist self will not see that. Equal pay, sexual health (Read up Sandra fluke) etc

Keep calling me a mangina, it just shows how insecure you are- afraid that women will dominate you if they get equal rights.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 5:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol are you Sagamite?

While the bold could be a misnomer, not so in this case. He claims it is, yet cannot show how. Actually, better yet, he does then he retracts. I thought stoopid was confined to /religion, but it seems abundant in NL...

I should be working...4k
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Originalsly: 5:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Belief is one thing and reality another. Men and women are by nature unequal. Men are naturally stronger and have more endurance when it comes to physical challenges. For this fact, men and women don't compete against each other in sports.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 5:45am On Dec 28, 2012
@ Wiegraf What the hell are you talking about? Both men and women suffer under any system, its not "fair" in the sense that everyone gets what they want. How many times to i have do say i don't care about that? Patriarchy is balanced in the sense that both genders have equivalent benefits and downsides.

Again, so if men dying in wars is not what you use to justify treating women as children, what is? Mayhaps women dying at child birth? Should we ignore that as well?

What is it that justifies you calling the system fair? Especially historically, like I asked earlier on. Maybe this?
This is why i think feminists are insane... did patriarchy cause women to die during childbirth answer this you dumb monkey...what does patriarchy have to do with women dying at childbirth?

Like i have said a million times... Women traded control and power for physical safety and stability. The fact that women did not have the right to vote was balanced out by the fact that most men didnt either, and females were not drafted into wars etc etc etc.

I feel like i am talking to children.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: @ Wiegraf What the hell are you talking about? Both men and women suffer under any system, its not "fair" in the sense that everyone gets what they want. How many times to i have do say i don't care about that? Patriarchy is balanced in the sense that both genders have equivalent benefits and downsides.

This is why i think feminists are insane... did patriarchy cause women to die during childbirth answer this you dumb monkey...what does patriarchy have to do with women dying at childbirth?

With the first bolded, you mean to say it is fair you d.olt, not "not fair". Once again you speak for everyone despite acknowledging quite a few didn't get what they wanted, and had no choice in the matter.

Regardless, one of your justifications for pointing out patriarchy is justified is; men take risks, die in wars, etc. If you're so re.tarded you can't see how women risking their lives through history at child birth is not relevant then I'd suggest you shut up.

The baby making machines that have existed through time, giving birth to football teams with the world class medical care of the ages no less, do you think they weren't taking risks?

And concerning rights, again, you think they all wanted that? You think most even knew better? They were programmed to be sheep, you do know that yes?

Men and wars is in no way any excuse to view or treat women like children. You make it sound as if wars are some noble endeavor sef, but that's another topic

pleep:
Like i have said a million times... Women traded control and power for physical safety and stability. The fact that women did not have the right to vote was balanced out by the fact that most men didnt either, and females were not drafted into wars etc etc etc.

I feel like i am talking to children.

Most men didn't have the right to vote? But only men had the right yes? Were women given any say in this decision? Let me see, ahhh, they couldn't vote. You m.oron.

The men excluded were usually excluded due to some sort of financial reason, land or taxes. It was not blind discrimination, it was merit. Merit that applied only to white men. That "white men" bit is discrimination, or do you think a black woman could have done something about that, hmm? Like say become a white man, yes? Interesting

Btw, as I know it, by mid 19th century most white men had the right to vote. Black men, not too long after in some states/conditions. Women? Not fully until 1920. Usa law is complicated, but your assertion that most white men couldn't vote, I assume you mean for the majority of us history, is probably wrong. Not so with women. I'll have to verify that though, but it matters little. The paragraphs above are all that matter actually

Also see the part about rights above in relation to the eediocy I bolded.

So, shifting away from your shenanigans a bit, your argument boils down to men traditionally take more risks than women and so the system, which denied a lot of rights and opportunity to women, was justified. This is patently silly, women took risks as well. Even by your own admission they made sacrifices.

On a fairly random note, nobody forced us dudes to take risks btw. Or you do it just because you want tail? Mayhaps you signed a contract with females for us all which states that we'll go to war in exchange for regular sandwiches, back rubs, good Bleep and the right to treat them as children whenever we wish. Nothing to do with simply wanting to do the right thing, we just want to be a petty tyrants at home. The women sacrificing at home as well, they don't do it simply because it's the right thing to do? Maybe they do it just so they can call us 'big daddy'

After your screw ups you claim you feel like you're talking to children? What do they call them, ad hominems? When you have no more points? Heh heh
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2012
lol

pleep got completely schooled on this thread grin

Niicceeee!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2012
@pleep, your idea that adult,grown up women have to be regarded as immature children and that they have to give up their freedom just because more men fight wars is so ridiculous and so far removed from reality and I don't know how you can have an opinion like that andnot see anything wrong with it.
The problem with dyed-in-the-wool sexists like you is that when other people try to show you the error in your beliefs, you take to calling them all sorts of names, not bothering to understand that everyone cannot have the same views as you.
Anyway, it's your life man, you are free to stick with as many delusions as you want. Just try not to harm others with your archaic beliefs.
And if you want to get married, make sure you get married to a women that is willing to give up her freedom to you and let you control her. Don't make another person's life miserable with your sadism and your determined refusal to mentally progress into the 21st century.
smiley
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 10:05am On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

With the first bolded, you mean to say it is fair you d.olt, not "not fair". Once again you speak for everyone despite acknowledging quite a few didn't get what they wanted, and had no choice in the matter.

Regardless, one of your justifications for pointing out patriarchy is justified is; men take risks, die in wars, etc. If you're so re.tarded you can't see how women risking their lives through history at child birth is not relevant then I'd suggest you shut up.

The baby making machines that have existed through time, giving birth to football teams with the world class medical care of the ages no less, do you think they weren't taking risks?

And concerning rights, again, you think they all wanted that? You think most even knew better? They were programmed to be sheep, you do know that yes?

Men and wars is in no way any excuse to view or treat women like children. You make it sound as if wars are some noble endeavor sef, but that's another topic
No i 'meant' to say exactly what i said. "Its not fair in the sense that everyone gets what they want" and it isn't. Do not put words in my mouth. Some men didn't like the system and some women didn't, That is why it changed. What i am saying is collectively the system is now, and always has been balanced; men benefit in some ways, women benefit in other ways... bla bla bla i've said it a million times. If you don't want to accept the truth, i don't care dude, you are not the first dumbass in the world.

"I'm making war sound like some kind of noble idea" wtf? And war is by no means the only compensation women got in the patriarchal system; executing women, even for murder, was frowned upon even illegal in many countries, husbands could be punished for the wifes crimes, women were given preference in times of crisis, like the Titanic etc... The only reason why i bring up those wars is because they illustrate my point to a tee. At the same time first wave and second wave feminism were convincing the world that women needed more political rights... thousands of men were getting forced to give up their right to life for their country. In Europe these men couldn't vote either. The irony of this situation was not lost on people back then, (mid 19th cent) and for that reason most women at that time actually did not want sufferage. There were not brainwashed they were smart, they thought voting would be the slippery slope to military conscription.

Unlike you, i have actually read first hand accounts from women in that period and they were perfectly aware of their situation and didn't mind keeping it that way.

Most men didn't have the right to vote? But only men had the right yes? Were women given any say in this decision? Let me see, ahhh, they couldn't vote. You m.oron.

The men excluded were usually excluded due to some sort of financial reason, land or taxes. It was not blind discrimination, it was merit. Merit that applied only to white men. That "white men" bit is discrimination, or do you think a black woman could have done something about that, hmm? Like say become a white man, yes? Interesting

Btw, as I know it, by mid 19th century most white men had the right to vote. Black men, not too long after in some states/conditions. Women? Not fully until 1920. Usa law is complicated, but your assertion that most white men couldn't vote, I assume you mean for the majority of us history, is probably wrong. Not so with women. I'll have to verify that though, but it matters little. The paragraphs above are all that matter actually

After your screw ups you claim you feel like you're talking to children? What do they call them, ad hominems? When you have no more points? Heh heh
No its frustrating to talk about history to people who don't know anything about history. All of you guys are grossly missinformed and trying to explain complex concepts to yall is like trying to teach algebra to a Gerbil
And ppl wonder why i have my signature... well its because there are only like 5 smart posters on this entire website. ( you are not one of them)

Its not like people sat together and made that decision ... its the human mating agreement... A social contract. Every other animal has one. And are you aware that no one could vote for most of human history? Yes kid, back in the olden times we were ruled by kings and queens.

On a fairly random note, nobody forced us dudes to take risks btw. Or you do it just because you want tail? Mayhaps you signed a contract with females for us all which states that we'll go to war in exchange for regular sandwiches, back rubs, good Bleep and the right to treat them as children whenever we wish. Nothing to do with simply wanting to do the right thing, we just want to be a petty tyrants at home. The women sacrificing at home as well, they don't do it simply because it's the right thing to do? Maybe they do it just so they can call us 'big daddy'

Um... you dumbass... men were drafted into wars for most of human history...That means there were forced you stopid mangina r.etard. And you all may be surprised to know i'm not even "pro -traditionalist" or pro Patriarchy it really doesn't matter to me either way, all i want is the truth. No matter how much you dumb feminist men whine and bytch you can't cover up the truth.

And nigga i really don't care what you think anymore... you can believe what you want. But the fact is that in the west atleast, Patriarchy was and is today a balanced system.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2012
fellis: @pleep, your idea that adult,grown up women have to be regarded as immature children and that they have to give up their freedom just because more men fight wars is so ridiculous and so far removed from reality and I don't know how you can have an opinion like that andnot see anything wrong with it.
The problem with dyed-in-the-wool sexists like you is that when other people try to show you the error in your beliefs, you take to calling them all sorts of names, not bothering to understand that everyone cannot have the same views as you.
Anyway, it's your life man, you are free to stick with as many delusions as you want. Just try not to harm others with your archaic beliefs.
And if you want to get married, make sure you get married to a women that is willing to give up her freedom to you and let you control her. Don't make another person's life miserable with your sadism and your determined refusal to mentally progress into the 21st century.
smiley
Guess what sugarcakes? i don't care what you think. You are all dumbasses here. wink
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 28, 2012
I find it very fascinating when small-minded people on this forum call their small-mindedness intelligence cheesy cheesy cheesy ask them what they have achieved in real and u will laugh ur head off
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by pleep(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2012
^ You managed to achieve 5 bastard children out of wedlock, then you came on Nairaland to complain about it.

I guess thats what feminists call progress grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: ^ You managed to achieve 5 bastard children out of wedlock, then you came on Nairaland to complain about it.

I guess thats what feminists call progress grin
the guilty ones have been exposed grin
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by wiegraf: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2012
pleep: No i 'meant' to say exactly what i said. "Its not fair in the sense that everyone gets what they want" and it isn't. Do not put words in my mouth. Some men didn't like the system and some women didn't, That is why it changed. What i am saying is collectively the system is now, and always has been balanced; men benefit in some ways, women benefit in other ways... bla bla bla i've said it a million times. If you don't want to accept the truth, i don't care dude, you are not the first dumbass in the world.

Where is this truth you speak of? It's balanced how? You tell say one thing, then retract as you fumble. Ahh, wait, I think we're coming to that...

pleep:
And "i'm making war sound like some kind of noble idea" wtf? The only reason why i bring up those wars is because they illustrate my point to a tee. At the same time first wave and second wave feminism were convincing the world that women needed more rights... thousands of men were getting forced to give up their right to life for their country. In Europe these men couldn't vote either. The irony of this situation was not lost on people back then, (mid 19th cent) and for that reason most women at that time actually did not want sufferage. There were not brainwashed they were smart, they thought voting would be the slippery slope to military conscription.

...Here again!

So, you accept wars are a necessary evil? Then why do you expect some reward from the women? It's something that had to be done, yes or no? Basically your duty, yes? Or, again, did you do it for personal profit, like lording over females? Same would apply to females and the well documented dangers of child birth for the very vast majority of our history, no? Or they did it just to be lorded over? Not to mention focus all their being into providing loving households, of course just so they could call us daddy. They've never made sacrifices. 4k you're stoopid.

And your last line, I remember a joan d'arc going through a few hurdles to get into the military, as well as female volunteers during the french revolution that actively participated (well, france was unique in its way). Of course most obviously wouldn't be interested, just like most non-sheeple men wouldn't be either. But that's besides the point you m.oron, because they did not have any say in the matter, at all. Like my black female voter they were denied equal opportunities to attain what us dudes achieved or having a say in their destiny because of something beyond their control, their vagoo, not on merit. That's discrimination, clear as daylight. Discrimination is NEVER fair under any conditions, any at all.

Today we still have issues with intolerance, but that's another issue.

pleep:
No its frustrating to talk about history to people who don't know anything about history. All of you guys are grossly missinformed and trying to explain complex concepts to yall is like trying to teach algebra to a Gerbil
And ppl wonder why i have my signature... well its because there are only like 5 smart posters on this entire website. ( you are not one of them)

Actually, I'm quite pleased you don't think me smart, as I don't think you know what the words mean. For instance, a smart person would rather than post this nonsense have shown me how I was wrong, no? Or at least stfu. Is it that you can't show me how? Well then, I'll assume I was right. Or you're trying to cover up your eediocy with red herrings of a sort?

pleep:
Its not like people sat together and made that decision ... its the human mating agreemen... Every other animal has one. And are you aware that no one could vote for most of human history? Yes kid, back in the olden times we were ruled by kings and queens.

Most other animals would also Bleep their mothers if given the chance. We could adopt that if you think we should be picking up behavior and ethics from the animal kingdom.

When were we talking about medieval europe anyhow? And even if no one could vote then, both male and female, how does that translate to no discrimination against them, or the absence of a patriarchal system? Genius

pleep:
Um... you dumbass... men were drafted into wars for most of human history...That means there were forced you stopid mangina r.etard. And you may be surprised to know i'm not even "pro -traditionalist" it really doesn't matter to me either way, all i want is the truth. No matter how much you dumb feminist men whine and bytch you cant cover up the truth.

Again, women have never had to make sacrifices. Yes, I know. Heh heh, imbe.cile

Random: Mangina me? Hypocritical, don't you think? Especially since I very readily admit quite a few women perpetuate the problem, and I've done so already. You'd think that would clue you in to deducing I'm not the biggest fan of the typical female bs, hmm? My aim isn't to be some nice guy eediot. It's to be, what's the concept you've deluded yourself into thinking you comprehend, logical. And fair as well I suppose, to all parties. You, on the other hand, sound like someone pretty scared females with power. You have nothing to fear, trust me, vagoos are not poisonous (most of the time)

pleep:
And nigga i really don't care what you think anymore... you can believe what you want. But the fact is that in the west atleast, Patriachy was and is today a balanced system.

Heh heh

Just a note though, if you really are old, like you seem proud to be, I hope you're in the diaspora. Please keep your cancer there. I hope you understand, we've had many an old man f.uck up this country royally. They tend to be goats like you, so pls pls don't come back, not even to visit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.